Danilo Gallinari

Hi, I am italian and i Am a Laker and a Olimpia Milano's fan. Gallinari is my idol. Gallinari is a wonderful player, in 1 month he will be a your idol. He is not a Bargnani or Belinelli, he is the best italian player. I assure you. You did a great choice.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
All of this talk about we can't wait 2-3 years is total crap. Does anybody honestly believe we will be in contention for a championship in 2 years, regardless of who we drafted? Was there anybody available at #6 that anybody here can say without question, that would have made an immediate impact and would have lead us to a champioship?

If we can't wait 2-3 years, then we should do something like what Boston did last year. Trade the pick, trade Malik's expiring contract and Marbury's expiring contract for a superstar and some good role players. Then sign some quality veterans with the MLE. But then we can forget about getting under the cap. We can't have it both ways. Contend for a championship in 2 years and rebuild while getting under the cap.

I also don't buy this glut at the SF argument. We also have a glut at the guard position, and the PF position. Fact is, we have a team filled with crappy players. We have to start somewhere. Who do we have at the SF position that is worthy of starting? Chandler? I'm not sold on him yet. And it's still possible that he will start while Gallineri gets accustomed to the NBA game. It's likely that Q. Rich may come off the bench, or he'll be injured and not play at all. Jeffires and Balkman do not deserve to start. Plus, Jeffires, Q. Rich and Gallineri can play multiple positions.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I'm originally born in Jamaica. I don't however say Patrick Ewing was the greatest center ever. Why, cause history says he wasn't. Top 5 all time yes. But The best no. So every saying things based on the fact that their from europe or italian decendants be honest with yourself. If Gallinari was the best available player, why didn't he go top 3? I don't hate this kid, but was another SF what the Knicks needed yesterday? Absolutely not.

Last edited by a moderator:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You take the best player. I'd rather have a guy who 3 years from now is at or near the allstar level then a guard who jacks up shots and averages 15 as a rookie but does NOTHING. Think long term. Short term is why we have Curry, Randolph, and Jeffries.
Gallinari wasn't the best player. Walsh could've picked Jarryd Bayless, DJ Augustin, or Brook Lopez. Gallinari is no All Star. According to analysts that were talking about Gallinari (yesterday at the draft) Gallinari is not a star, and he has a
17% chance of being an All Star. They also said that he needs 3-4 years to develop. Another thing that was mentioned was that he can score, but he needs work on his defense.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Hi, I am italian and i Am a Laker and a Olimpia Milano's fan. Gallinari is my idol. Gallinari is a wonderful player, in 1 month he will be a your idol. He is not a Bargnani or Belinelli, he is the best italian player. I assure you. You did a great choice.

Welcome to the forums.
Your posts are just what we need on Knicks online. I don't know much about Gallinari as most of the posters on this site and a great deal of the ignorant fans that booed last night, but your insight is good.

=dr.carpy I'm originally born in Jamaica. I don't however say Patrick Ewing was the greatest center ever. Why, cause history says he wasn't. Top 5 all time yes. But The best no. So every saying things based on the fact that their from europe or italian decendants be honest with yourself. If Gallinari was the best available player, why didn't he go top 3? I don't hate this kid, but was another SF what the Knicks needed yesterday? Absolutely not.

Welcome back Doc! You should post more often. The balance of power has shifted now that Metro has formed a unit of henchmen. They've took over like wack ass dirty south rap. lol But seriously, try to take it easy on him. He's got a few good points but mostly is good for comic relief. Moderators are getting ready to have their hands full.

jimkcchief88

All Star
To say I'm very disapointed with this pick is the understatement of the century. The guy dominated the Euroleague? So what. That means NOTHING to the average AMERICAN hoops fan. For all we know this guy couldn't major started at a major D-I NCAA program. So now that leaves us depending on Steph to lead us again this year? I think we have all seen how that works out. I figured I would give D'antoni the benefit of the doubt until he drafted his friend's son. That is what it comes down to. Embarrassing. A once proud franchise like the Knicks with great fans deserved better. Eric Gordon and DJ Augustine sitting on the board and we get the reincarnation of Fredric Weis. And no I don't need to watch hours of Italian hoops tape to know how this will turn out. I watched the NBA finals and saw all those fancy Euro's like "Sasha" and "Gasol" get eaten alive by good ole' American hoop players with half the so called resumes. This pick stinks and gets a big fat "F" in my book.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Gasol made Garnett his bitch.

Everytime he got aggressive with him he was successful. No one else sees it..their all blind to the media suckin garnetts dick. Tim Duncan didnt allow gasol to own him.

Not all europeans fall into the label of being euro trash or euro garbage...euro shit whatever you wanna call them. Ginobili is the fukkin man...nocioni is nice...i got respect for dirk. He shouldnt had let david west son him like that but dirk is a competitor. He leaves it all on the court. Galinari is an emotional player who will also be a competitor..a warrior. I got my question marks about him but besides rose beasley and mayo...what player doesnt have flaws in this draft? My primary concern with the knicks as a team is defense and i hope to see that addressed but im ok with the pick of galinari. I wouldve picked someone else or traded the pick but I think he'll be a good player. Hes just gotta crash the boards more when he plays power forward.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I see it's necessary for me to step in as unofficial moderator. Chill out with the insults and the sexual and racist shit. Everyone calm down and stop acting like a bunch of bitches and get back on topic.

Some one came up with the idea that Gallinari can play power forward. Is that true or his he only a small forward by NBA standards?

Ronchi

Rookie
Hi Knicks Fans, I'm from Italy and I saw Danilo play many times. I'm not sure he could be a star in the NBA, but I think he's a really good player and can improve so much. Give him a chance!

MILANOFAN

Rookie
Hi guys, i'm italian fan too, Milano fan!!!! I see a lot of new Knicks fan from my land. I hope you'll be happy.
Please give Danilo a chanse to show you his play!!!! I know NBA is another level compair to Italian tournament or Eurolega, but Danilo "Gallo" Gallinari, is absolutely the best player now in Europe (remember age, 19 years old)....
I'm not upset about comportament of Knicks fans durin draft, because nobody of you know Danilo's potential and for sure give to danilo an incentive to give more and more and more. Prepared to have a big, very big surprise.....I'm sure!!!!!!

Please have a look...you will find more video of Danilo..http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=kpcbg31hGdg

GO GALLO GO KNICKS

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Best Player in Europe is just like saying best HS player in the US....

Don't mean nothing at this level. Atleast if he would've played in the US in college or something...could've seen him against his would be counterparts..and more our style of play...projecting his ability from Euroleague...is problematic.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Best Player in Europe is just like saying best HS player in the US....

Don't mean nothing at this level.

I dont think hes the problem...hes a very talented player, hes a team player and hes gotta true passion for the game. I still am somewhat concerned about his ability to defend and his rebounding is his biggest problem. I just hope they get the right guys to put around him and keep defense in mind, which im afraid dantoni and donnie might forget.

Toons

is the Bo$$
you knock fans boggle my mind on this site....some of u make the most intelligent posts about rebuilding, Rebuilding is not a one draft pick or a one off season process. Danillo has a 17% chance of becoming a star player....who cares about some analysts projection? the bulls had a 1.7% chance of getting rose and they did. I believe in donnie and him setting up his players. IMO, fuck gettin over 500 this season, we need to tank in 09 and get a good draft pick nxt year...top 3 or something. if we do that, marburry's contract comes off, so does malik rose...thats 30 million off the books, try and trade a bad contract for a first rounder next year so we can bring in 2 quality rookies next draft, a defensive minded center, and a pure point guard. so i say forget the quick fixes....btw, what is ron artests story? does he still wanna play in nyc?

Gallo

Rookie
Gallinari will be not the worst defender of the team, and his rebounding is not a problem.Yes he has a slow first step in defence, it's true, but he defends more than many americans players, I'm sure.Stop saying that he is a problem in defence and reboundig.