Farewell Marbury???

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I'm so sick of Marbury dick riders on this site, claiming he's the best player on the team. No he ain't.

See what people forget is that basketball is both a team, and rhythm sport. Marbury has proved in his career...that he is nothing more than a breaker of the locker room harmony. Sure he can score you points in bunches, and can average the numbers. But to actually play with him...is something to be desired. He'll have the numbers but they won't show up where they count...in the WIN column.

We had another player sometime ago with a shitload of baggage...his name was Sprewell. Sprewell didn't **** up team chemistry...and his talents clearly showed up in the WIN column each night. Sprewell would not have bitched at Larry Brown, or Isiah Thomas. All Spree wanted was to be treated like man which is why he got into it with P.J.'s punk ass.

The Knicks are going to try and trade that expiring contract but if they can't...just eat it. **** it. I would rather have a 30 win season...and play hard every night...than to win 50 games with Marbury only to have the team break down because that little pre-madonna bitch feels he's not getting enough shots.

Team players win for the team, not for themselves. That's something Marbury has never figured out in college, or in his NBA career.

Waste of talent. He could've been a hell of a lot better.

Duhon may not be a 5 star player...doesn't have to be. Just needs to do the job of PG..well and shut up about it. And who knows he may turn out to be better than we think. Could be he just needed the right coach, and playing time.

metrocard

Legend
Fact of the matter is Marbury is finally gone. Now we all can move on. The day he is bought out should go down as one of the most important days in Knicks history.

The "so called" franchise player whose proclaimed every season that this is th year he is going to turn it around is finally gone. Duhon isn't as good as Marbury but its simple addition by subtraction. Just removing him from the locker room instantly makes us better.

Then we can move Zach and Crawford and try to forget the last 5 seasons.

Not really.

Marbury isn't a negative player for one reason.

Marbury has proved he can lead a .500 team in New York.
Sure, you could be an asshole and say Marbury didn't get the Knicks pass the Eastern Conferance Champions of 03-04, but Marbury did the best accomplishment than any Knick has done in the last 5 years. Thats a fact.

Knicks went 23-18 with Marbury that year and could of build of that.
You already knew what happend since I explained this to you man of times. Isiah failed to surround Marbury around shooters, defenders and get a real big man. Instead he got players like Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Curry, Randolph, Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford, Jamison Brewer...etc and ETC. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan could lead a team of scrubs like that.

NOW, all this crying about Marbury being a bad teammate is all media propoganda.
There have been players before who didn't have perfect history but shown they could turn it around and mature into contributing NBA players. Look at guys like Rasheed and Wells. They may not be preforming like all stars, but they're solid contributors to their respect teams.

You're WRONG, Marbury isn't gone yet. You'll never really come here with a strong case that supports the media propaganda and hate on Marbury.

These facts presented favor Marbury too much.
We never had a team established, therefor EXPECTING the playoffs is foolish. Not a single athlete in the world could lead the loser rosters we had the last 4-5 years, so why you got so much hate for Stephon? Did he piss in your frostrated flakes again?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
LMAO, these people are crazy. They actually think the Knicks are gonna win games with Chris Duhon. The Bulls never won s#!t with Crawford or Curry, and the Knicks haven't won't s#!t with them, either. Chris Duhon has always had to play second string to Kirk Hinrich, because he proved he can't be a starter, after his 5 ppg and 4 assists on 35% shooting performance, on his rookie year. I'm not even going to respond to the haters. Next season, I'm just going to make a big thread that's gonna make all the haters look stupid, when Marbury wins games on another team, while we continue to play like the WNBA's Atlanta Dream. It's not official, yet, but if Chris Duhon becomes our starting point guard, I guarantee the Knicks will finish 22-60, or worse.

metrocard

Legend
LMAO, these people are crazy. They actually think the Knicks are gonna win games with Chris Duhon. The Bulls never won s#!t with Crawford or Curry, and the Knicks haven't won't s#!t with them, either. Chris Duhon has always had to play second string to Kirk Hinrich, because he proved he can't be a starter, after his 5 ppg and 4 assists on 35% shooting performance, on his rookie year. I'm not even going to respond to the haters. Next season, I'm just going to make a big thread that's gonna make all the haters look stupid, when Marbury wins games on another team, while we continue to play like the WNBA's Atlanta Dream. It's not official, yet, but if Chris Duhon becomes our starting point guard, I guarantee the Knicks will finish 22-60, or worse.

Yeh, I don't see the big thing of Duhon people are acting like he's the type of pass first PG who can make his teammates better.

That isn't true at all; he's as good as making his teammates better as Robinson.

Duhon basically lacks the ABILITY and SKILL to change or impact offensively.

Chris Duhon's per 36 minute stats(these are an accurate assesment on how productive he will be as a starter)

36 mins
9.7 PPG
38% FG
35% 3pt
6.2 APG
3.3 RPG
2.0 TO
1.2 SPG

Is this the production you look from your starter? Duhon is just a role PLAYER, he'll be new to this team and this offense and will take time to develop chemistry with his teammates. This is a HUGE degrade from a 20 and 8 PG in Marbury.

I honestly rather have someone like Keyon Dooling(better defender) or Arroyo(better offensive player) than a very limited NBA player than Duhon.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Man, I'm not gonna argue with you about Duhon. It would be stupid for me to argue something as rediculous as that with you. Even most of the Marbury haters agree that Marbury is > Duhon , and you're talking about that Duhon is a good team player and all that nonsense.

The fact that you think Duhon can do better for the team than Marbury can proves you're an idiot. Even the Bulls fans were laughing their asses off, after the Knicks signed Duhon.

The fact that you think Duhon could help the team more than Marbury doesn't surprise me, though. You were also one of the people that believed in Eddy Curry. lmao

Do you actually think about this shit before you type it or are you using the Force?

abcd said:
Marbury averages a 19.7 points and 7.8 assists, as a starter, and he's been to the playoffs 4x. He's the ONLY current Knick to have made the playoffs with the Knicks.

This is like saying we should have made Luke Longly our starting center because at the time he was the only Knick with a championship ring. This point proves only that Marbury can score and has handles. We all know this already. No one is denying that Marbury has talent. There's no question that one on one Duhon will get burned by Marbury, but this aint And1 this is the NBA we're talking about. Who's a better fit for the team? But your dickridery aside and think about it logically. Marbury is a born scorer so unless he's a shooting guard he's nearly useless to us.

Marbury is and always will be a shoot first point guard. That is what it is, but the attitude is the real problem. Read some of his interviews. He shows no indication of wanting to change. It's like talking to some one with a problem who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem. It becomes a pointless conversation.

abcd said:
Chris Duhon was given the starting job, on the Bulls, as a rookie, and he averaged 5.9 points per game, on 35% shooting. On his sophomore season, he shot 40%, on his 3rd year, he shot 40%, and last year, he shot 38% from the field, including 32% shooting in the months of January and February.

So your point is that Duhon has a lower shooting percentage then Marbury? Teams that have point guards as they best scorers typically lose games. Yes you have your Isiah Thomas' and Chris Paul's but they are very rare and Marbury isn't on the level of ether of them. While your looking up stats how many minutes did Duhon average in the last two years? Wasn't it less than 20?

abcdefg said:
in no way am I stupid by saying Marbury is a better leader than Duhon.

How do you measure a leader? There's no stat for leadership and motivation. It's not my intention to rip Marbury apart, there are plenty of reporters that will do that, but do you really think that Marbury is a vocal leader for the Knicks? When the Knicks are losing does Marbury inspire his teammates or does he sulk with a towel over his head? Maybe you know something that I don't but it wasn't Eddie Curry or Jamal Crawford that yelled 'I got so much shit on coach, he can't bench me!' But maybe you think there's a media conspiracy and all of these reports are false.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Do you actually think about this shit before you type it or are you using the Force?

This is like saying we should have made Luke Longly our starting center because at the time he was the only Knick with a championship ring. This point proves only that Marbury can score and has handles. We all know this already. No one is denying that Marbury has talent. There's no question that one on one Duhon will get burned by Marbury, but this aint And1 this is the NBA we're talking about. Who's a better fit for the team? But your dickridery aside and think about it logically. Marbury is a born scorer so unless he's a shooting guard he's nearly useless to us.

Marbury is and always will be a shoot first point guard. That is what it is, but the attitude is the real problem. Read some of his interviews. He shows no indication of wanting to change. It's like talking to some one with a problem who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem. It becomes a pointless conversation.

So your point is that Duhon has a lower shooting percentage then Marbury? Teams that have point guards as they best scorers typically lose games. Yes you have your Isiah Thomas' and Chris Paul's but they are very rare and Marbury isn't on the level of ether of them. While your looking up stats how many minutes did Duhon average in the last two years? Wasn't it less than 20?

How do you measure a leader? There's no stat for leadership and motivation. It's not my intention to rip Marbury apart, there are plenty of reporters that will do that, but do you really think that Marbury is a vocal leader for the Knicks? When the Knicks are losing does Marbury inspire his teammates or does he sulk with a towel over his head? Maybe you know something that I don't but it wasn't Eddie Curry or Jamal Crawford that yelled 'I got so much shit on coach, he can't bench me!' But maybe you think there's a media conspiracy and all of these reports are false.
Wrong, Chris Duhon played 22 minutes per game, this season, and he averages 25.8 minutes per game, for his career. He even got to play 29 mpg on his sophomore year. Duhon has also started in 159 of his 300 games in his NBA Career(more than half). Chris Duhon has been given several opportunities to be a good leader on the Bulls. The problem is that he's not a leader.

You can do what you do best, though, and keep supporting Eddy Curry. I'm sure he's going to be the next Hakeem Olojuwan. He just needs time. He's young, he's only 25. lol

Keep supporting Chris Duhon. He's young, he's only 27. He'll lead the Knicks like Gary Payton led the Sonics.
lmao

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

donchris

Wrong, Chris Duhon played 22 minutes per game, this season, and he averages 25.8 minutes per game, for his career. He even got to play 29 mpg on his sophomore year. Duhon has also started in 159 of his 300 games in his NBA Career(more than half). Chris Duhon has been given several opportunities to be a good leader on the Bulls. The problem is that he's not a leader.

You can do what you do best, though, and keep supporting Eddy Curry. I'm sure he's going to be the next Hakeem Olojuwan. He just needs time. He's young, he's only 25. lol

Keep supporting Chris Duhon. He's young, he's only 27. He'll lead the Knicks like Gary Payton led the Sonics.
lmao

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You could be right. Maybe Marbury was just holding back for the last ten+ years. Maybe he's waiting for this year to really bring Starbury back. The problem is we hear that shit every year. The report that Marbury couldn't complete a drill is not a good sign. But you can disregard all of the negative reports and only accept the good ones. I don't make excuses for Curry. He didn' show up and is one of the biggest disappointments in the league. But then again, so is Marbury. Pretty soon, when you run out of on the court excuses the discussion will change to what he's doing in the hood. I've read these pointless debates a hundred times. He's gone. Live with it.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Team Starbury W
Haters L

abcd_logo.jpg

ABCD

act_david_lee.jpg

GoKnicksDlee42

Patrick-Ewing-2.23.jpg

MSGKnickz33
metrocard.jpg

metrocard
dollar_sign.jpg

Pricey

TunerAddict

Starter
Team Starbury W
Haters L

abcd_logo.jpg

ABCD

act_david_lee.jpg

GoKnicksDlee42

Patrick-Ewing-2.23.jpg

MSGKnickz33
metrocard.jpg

metrocard
dollar_sign.jpg

Pricey

??? What does that mean? You won? Kinda just makes you look like the loser if you are forced to claim your own victory.

My opinion on the topic is that I'm fine if we ditch Marbury. However, we better be getting something in return thats worth it.

1)Is Duhon better than Marbury skill wise? No.

2)Is Duhon a better leader? Who knows. MArbury never lead and I really can't say that Duhon did in Chi-town. Just because you are the PG doesn't mean you're the team leader. So all lockerroom stuff is kinda void when it comes to expecting it from the PG.

3)Is it a waste to get Duhon? No. Why? He provides a fresh person and perspective to the team. He is a player who was never touched by Isiah. He'll pass and play D, the things that Steph usually forgets about.

In conclusion, should Steph be gone? No he shouldn't, but I'm willing to accept that fact that he is as long as the Knicks get equal value even though his value is quite low right now.

GetRealistic

Starter
LOL how said is it when there is an opinion based arguement and people claim victory. Makes you wonder the type of life people are living when they say things like that.

All that really matters is what is going to happen. And we all now what that is going to be. Pretty sure i said it a month ago. As soon as we get a another guard Marbury is going to get bought out. Maybe Miami will be stupid enough to give us a draft pick, but either way he's not going to be a member of this team anymore.

Did anybody really think D'Antoni was going to give the keys to Marbury? Duhon isn't the the solution he's just the stop gapp until we either draft a point guard or sign a new one. Duhon is only locked into two seasons and could easily be traded.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
??? What does that mean? You won? Kinda just makes you look like the loser if you are forced to claim your own victory.

My opinion on the topic is that I'm fine if we ditch Marbury. However, we better be getting something in return thats worth it.

1)Is Duhon better than Marbury skill wise? No.

2)Is Duhon a better leader? Who knows. MArbury never lead and I really can't say that Duhon did in Chi-town. Just because you are the PG doesn't mean you're the team leader. So all lockerroom stuff is kinda void when it comes to expecting it from the PG.

3)Is it a waste to get Duhon? No. Why? He provides a fresh person and perspective to the team. He is a player who was never touched by Isiah. He'll pass and play D, the things that Steph usually forgets about.

In conclusion, should Steph be gone? No he shouldn't, but I'm willing to accept that fact that he is as long as the Knicks get equal value even though his value is quite low right now.
I know, Marbury never passes the ball. He's selfish. That's why the Knicks lose all their games.

Does that even sound right?

No, but you haters always say that, because you want a scapegoat for why the team is losing. Just face it. Stop lying to youself. The Knicks suck, because Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden ruined the team via stupid trades. Eddy Curry, Quentin Richadson, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, and your boy Mardy Collins have all played like trash, the entire time they've been on the Knicks. That's why we keep losing. It has very little to do with a 2x All Star that has more playoff experience than half our roster and that averages more assists than anyone on the team, even though you claim Marbury's a selfish player. Even Steve Nash would have trouble winning on a s#!tty team like this. So what makes you think Duhon is going to make the team win? Just stop being delusional and face reality.

LMAO at haters tryin to scapegoat 1 player for why an ENTIRE team sucks.

TunerAddict

Starter
I never said he was selfish. I just stated that Duhon is pass oriented.

Oh, and your petty little insults that have no basis don't effect me. I have a brain and am not influence by the ranting of biased commentator.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I never said he was selfish. I just stated that Duhon is pass oriented.

Oh, and your petty little insults that have no basis don't effect me. I have a brain and am not influence by the ranting of biased commentator.
lol I didn't even say any insults to you. You obviously don't read my posts. All you care about is arguing. How about you grow up and stop taking everything as an insult? All I said was lol @ haters trying to scapegoat 1 player for why an entire team sucks. What? You have a guilty conscience? You have something you wanna tell everyone?

TunerAddict

Starter
Last I check calling someone delerious and telling them to face reality were insults.

Its hard to take you're "grow up" statement seriously since you kinda break your own rules. Once again you create ludacris reasons as to why you are indeed right and everyone else is wrong.

Of couse, you're fogetting one important thing. You aren't right. There is no such thing as right. No one is "right." We may be right to ourselves and to some others, but there is no undeniable "right" answers. Everything is open to interpretation.

Thats the difference between you and me. I state my opinion, hence "My opinion on the topic," rather than proclaim myself right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their feelings whether you agree with them or not. You're attacking of other opinions simply puts you in a rather bad light.

Toons

is the Bo$$
turneraddict.....whyyy are u participating in this topic if u dont care.....me personally, i know that there is no win in a starburry arguement on here....we rational ppl state our opinion....sum other people have the devine right to proclaim their opinion as fact....since they are the devine...lets let them bask in their ignorance.....i like marbury....he is a good player...but i will not deny the fact that he is a cancer to the team, i will also not put even 20% of the blame on steph to the knicks losing....steph is our best guard....that dosent make him all mighty and one that can do no wrong....sumtimes parents think their kids are angels, and they swear by them doing good all the time, meanwhile,, they smoke weed, **** bitches n drink rum.....steph is the son of many dillusional fathers on this site....thats the way it is...just let it go

TunerAddict

Starter
sumtimes parents think their kids are angels, and they swear by them doing good all the time, meanwhile,, they smoke weed, **** bitches n drink rum.....steph is the son of many dillusional fathers on this site....thats the way it is...just let it go

That is so well put.

And bro, I do care. Marbury is expendable for the right price.

donchris

These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater. Some of you are like R.Kelly fans. He can keep ****ing and peeing on kids but it's all good to you as long as the beat's hot. No matter what Marbury does, says or how he acts it's all irrelevant to some of you. Teams have traded away better players than Marbury but up here the subject is taboo. The only thing that's delirious is to think that Marbury has been a good leader through out his career. I'll still rock the shoes though.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater

dats y its not even worth to talk about cuz marbury cant be talked negatively to his stans

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater. Some of you are like R.Kelly fans. He can keep ****ing and peeing on kids but it's all good to you as long as the beat's hot. No matter what Marbury does, says or how he acts it's all irrelevant to some of you. Teams have traded away better players than Marbury but up here the subject is taboo. The only thing that's delirious is to think that Marbury has been a good leader through out his career. I'll still rock the shoes though.
Says who? I never said that. I want Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James, and Mardy Collins out of this team. Everyone else can stay, until they start messing up. And who says I want the team to be built around Marbury? All I want is for Marbury to get an opportnity to finish his contract with the Knicks, and I would like for him to lead the team next year. I never said I wanted the Knicks to rebuild around Marbury. You're the only person that brought that up. Do you have a guilty conscience? I actually wanted the Knicks to draft DJ Augustin or Brook Lopez, so that the Knicks could have a solid future once Marbury's contract expires. You're just a hater that wants unproven players like Duhon to get a starting spot on a team that can't make up for Duhon's weaknesses.