Knicks want Monta Ellis

steve09ru

Rookie
Why is everyone considered JR 2.0? No one hardly comes close to the lack of discipline that JR has. He doesn't look to pass, his shot selection is horrible, can't dribble and he just doesn't learn from his stupid mental mistakes.

Both Ellis & Hardaway Jr. look to get to the basket first (and do it well) and can move the ball around. The offense doesn't stall with these guys going Iso. They both can make a lot of things happen. I also don't see the "ballhog" label for Ellis, see his 6 assist a game to JR's 2, especially considering he was basically their only scoring threat. I think you'll see his numbers increase tremendously once he goes someone with a Legit #1 scorer (ie Melo)

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Why is everyone considered JR 2.0? No one hardly comes close to the lack of discipline that JR has. He doesn't look to pass, his shot selection is horrible, can't dribble and he just doesn't learn from his stupid mental mistakes.

Both Ellis & Hardaway Jr. look to get to the basket first (and do it well) and can move the ball around. The offense doesn't stall with these guys going Iso. They both can make a lot of things happen. I also don't see the "ballhog" label for Ellis, see his 6 assist a game to JR's 2, especially considering he was basically their only scoring threat. I think you'll see his numbers increase tremendously once he goes someone with a Legit #1 scorer (ie Melo)

Right. He shoots alot but he doesn't settle and and he passes. He wouldn't start l. I'd take him over jr.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

richtree

Rotation player
Well, there was a rumor going around that the only reason the Knicks got Andrea Bargnani was to ship him out in another 3 team deal on July 10th.

Monte would immediately be moved again or some speculate that Daivd Lee is still a possibily -- The bottom line is that playoff time in the Eastern Conference needs another player that is long, and plays defense. We all so the importance of Kwahi Leonard's rebounding and defending....we need a player like this in the playoffs......

Matt Barnes and Andre Iguodala are better fits for our roster because the can rebound and defend......

Not Monte Ellis ---

steve09ru

Rookie
Well, there was a rumor going around that the only reason the Knicks got Andrea Bargnani was to ship him out in another 3 team deal on July 10th.

Monte would immediately be moved again or some speculate that Daivd Lee is still a possibily -- The bottom line is that playoff time in the Eastern Conference needs another player that is long, and plays defense. We all so the importance of Kwahi Leonard's rebounding and defending....we need a player like this in the playoffs......

Matt Barnes and Andre Iguodala are better fits for our roster because the can rebound and defend......

Not Monte Ellis ---
I agree that Monta Ellis won't solve the lack of rebounding and interior D but he will solve the lack of the 2nd scoring option. Sure JR could score but he only did that (and he struggled with that at times) and did not make players around him better. I'd much rather have Ellis than JR because of Ellis' ability to drive and pass. He is also not a bad defender (2.5+ steals per game) which can improve the transition offense as well.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Woodson likes to run a two point guard set... Right now we have one point guard on the roster, with a Q.O. yet to be signed by Prigioni... But this isn't a marriage that our team should try to make work... We already have two volume shooters, if we do indeed re-sign J.R. Smith along with Carmelo Anthony there won't be enough possessions to spread around for Monta to be a factor...

Unless they feel J.R. is gone and are willing to move Felton for Ellis than it could be a possibility... But I don't see Felton being a bargaining chip in any trades this off-season...

This rumor, is to keep the door open -- just in case...

Paul1355

All Star

Not Monte Ellis ---
dont even know if this is possible.

I believe Alan Hahn said there is a 90 day period a team has to wait after acquiring a player.

But lets assume I am wrong. Then this is a ballsy deal.

David Lee would be a perfect fit. He is the rebounding machine we need and someone that can spread the floor and hit long mid range shots. He won't space the floor as well as Bargnani but Lee is so much better, an all star actually.

Paul1355

All Star
I agree that Monta Ellis won't solve the lack of rebounding and interior D but he will solve the lack of the 2nd scoring option. Sure JR could score but he only did that (and he struggled with that at times) and did not make players around him better. I'd much rather have Ellis than JR because of Ellis' ability to drive and pass. He is also not a bad defender (2.5+ steals per game) which can improve the transition offense as well.
Ellis shot 41%....that is not a good 2nd scoring option

Paul1355

All Star
Only for free agents, after a trade a player is dealable for upto 24 hours.
ok then...i hope u are right...if u are then I tip my hat to Glen Grunwald for pulling off something here. I guess GS is waiting to miss out on Howard to then pull trigger on NY deal for maybe Bargnani and Chandler?

Lee and Bogut for Bargnani and Chandler? I dont even know what the deal would be.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
ok then...i hope u are right...if u are then I tip my hat to Glen Grunwald for pulling off something here. I guess GS is waiting to miss out on Howard to then pull trigger on NY deal for maybe Bargnani and Chandler?

Lee and Bogut for Bargnani and Chandler? I dont even know what the deal would be.

2ikqhxk.jpg

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
lol bro it is going to take more for GS to part with Klay Thompson. Did you see him in the playoffs? He is the future

Throw in a couple picks, I dont know. I'm just gettin bored here with no Knick movement in the offseason with access to this stupid trade machine. lol

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
"Monta Ellis is reportedly willing to seek financial compromise with any contending team that will have him"

Now he's definitely not coming here.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
"Monta Ellis is reportedly willing to seek financial compromise with any contending team that will have him"

Now he's definitely not coming here.

I don't think you understand what this is saying... financial compromise is actually a hopeful sign that we could get him. It's not financial compensation in which he's getting that anyway

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I don't think you understand what this is saying... financial compromise is actually a hopeful sign that we could get him. It's not financial compensation in which he's getting that anyway

I don't think you understand what NY17 is saying tho. Any contending team means that the other teams, in more of a realistic position of contention can also offer him a deal. So why come to the Knicks if the Bulls, Pacers (highly unlikely), Thunder (wouldn't be surprised), Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. offer a contract as well.

I don't see how he turns down any of those teams, if they offer him a contract as well as the Knicks.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I don't think you understand what NY17 is saying tho. Any contending team means that the other teams, in more of a realistic position of contention can also offer him a deal. So why come to the Knicks if the Bulls, Pacers (highly unlikely), Thunder (wouldn't be surprised), Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. offer a contract as well.

I don't see how he turns down any of those teams, if they offer him a contract as well as the Knicks.

Bingo lol. .

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Ellis is less interested in following the money and is, apparently, keen on linking up with Dwight Howard...
Doesn't anyone remember couple years ago, when this whole Howard typhoon of a headache started, he then said he wanted to team up with Monta Ellis, now both are free agents and Howard is making the decision while Ellis is waiting in the wings... Who knows maybe Howard is taking with Ellis to figure out the best destination for both...

Kiyaman

Legend

Yeah .. I too see the Bulls, Thunders, and Clippers blowing-up Monta Ellis agents phone with numbers $$$

Kiyaman

Legend
Ellis is less interested in following the money and is, apparently, keen on linking up with Dwight Howard...
Doesn't anyone remember couple years ago, when this whole Howard typhoon of a headache started, he then said he wanted to team up with Monta Ellis, now both are free agents and Howard is making the decision while Ellis is waiting in the wings... Who knows maybe Howard is taking with Ellis to figure out the best destination for both...

Those two could change a lottery-team into a winning-franchise team with the right PG .....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I seem to be the only one here that actually likes this idea. Never cared much for JR. His shot selection makes Jamal Crawford look like Larry Bird. We can't afford to give him more than 5 mill a year (I think) so let him go.

I'll go a step further. I'd trade Chandler for Ellis!
Sound crazy? Nah, Chandler is declining and he's way overpaid. Got to ship him out while he still has value. Plus no one really has traditional centers anymore. Just get a 6'9 forward to play the position.