Game thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 6:00 11/3/2019 [Game #7]

Broadway

All Star
Starting Portis did literally nothing to space the floor for Randle. If MRob can by some miracle cut down on his fouls, he needs to start.

I think constant tinkering with lineup is a no-no in general but really one of the problems starting Knits is due to our overall slow starts in the 1st qrt. There's a history here and it has to do with dumbing down the offense and making it simple mistake free for him.

I believe Fiz called himself trying to match their size/athleticism by starting Portis and this is a classic case of coaching by feel(which I despise)

Broadway

All Star
Classic Fizdale. Trier doesn?t play for 3 games, now he?s getting early 2nd quarter minutes.

I was just getting ready to point this out, you beat me to it. We're seeing similar

I'd like to point out NOBODY belly ached his absence though(rolling eyes)

Kings have 40 points and we?re not even at the 8 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. We?re facing a bottom feeder in our house. Just a miserable showing so far.

mafra

Legend
40-23. Knicks offense just standing around watching either Portis, Randle, or Morris go ISO, only to chuck up a long, contested 2 point shot.

Knicks problem simple: either get a real GM/HC or get a PG. You can?t win when you have a lousy Owner/GM/HC trio, and you?ll never amount to anything without a PG.

Ever since mid 90s, KNicks haven?t had a PG worth anything. Ergo, why they?ve sucked for 20 years.

mafra

Legend
We?ve seen Perry?s sorry looking face. He
Doesn?t inspire much confidence. Then again, I?m watching the SAC feed.

Broadway

All Star
We’ve seen Perry’s sorry looking face. He
Doesn’t inspire much confidence. Then again, I’m watching the SAC feed.

What's Payton's issue again? Another thing about our sorry PG situation neither of them can be called up to rally us back with speeding up the game. Our only hope is our opponents decides to suck worse and let us back in

Truly Maddening!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
If I were Fizdale, I'd get Nitilikina back in there foul trouble or no foul trouble. Letting him foul out has to be better than the 5 they have out there now. Down 17 6 mins left in the 2nd.

tiger0330

Legend
That was a good challenge on that blocking call but I'm not sure I would have used it being killed and so early in the game.

mafra

Legend
What's Payton's issue again? Another about our sorry PG situation neither of them can be called up to rally us back with speeding up the game. Our only hope is our opponents decides to suck worse and let us back in

Truly Maddening!

Perry gets fired in OrL, in part, for drafting a bust like EP and MH. Then, he gets a new job, and what does he do? He wants to prove that he was right so he brings his 2 busts to his new job. And, what a shocker.... these guys are not even as good as your basic replacement player.

Only a fool doesn?t learn from previous mistakes.

Broadway

All Star
If I were Fizdale, I'd get Nitilikina back in there foul trouble or no foul trouble. Letting him foul out has to be better than the 5 they have out there now. Down 17 6 mins left in the 2nd.

You mean bring him in to slow down Sacramento and not Fox(Reported as to why he started again today)

I called out this report on Twitter