Kerr and Barkley hate on the Knicks!

p0nder

Starter
These talking heads on TNT talk a lot of shit about the Knicks. Kerr, i imagine, because he thinks Amar'e is overrated and wouldn't give him the contract and hates to see his new team succeeding. And Barkley because he is a complete idiot.

How do these guys qualify as experts? Barkley is so stupid it hurts my head every time he talks. The guy is borderline retarded. His approach to everything is "TALK NOW, THINK SOMETIME WHEN I"M DEAD" He was the same way on the court and used his size and athleticism to win matchups, rather then making smart plays.

I guess it's his inciting remarks that get viewers, kind of like the "Don Cherry" of basketball, with a lot less respect from his peers and a lot less knowledge of his game of choice.

Either way, they lambasted the knicks throughout the night even though we were destroying the bulls. The first half was all knicks and still they could only find time to talk about noah and rose during the halftime show.

iSaYughh

Starter
Lambasting the knocks like clockwork, even while we perform and show contrary evidence to said hate?

Sounds like Sir Charles reads a lot of KO. We know he isn't always smart enough to find inspiration on his own.

quiggle

Starter
the two turds are doing it because when they were in Phoenix, the Suns organization brainwashed them to hate the Knicks Barkley after the 1993 brawl and Kerr with management and their disgust for Dantoni.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
watching the pregame and in game analysis was a Rose suckoff. and then Barkley saying the knicks "suck" at half time made me laugh the way the media hates on us is ridiculous loll. but no worries, i just wonder what they'll be saying about us when were playing on TNT in the playoffs in april.

Kerr is just tight about his situation with the Suns so its expected he'd hate on the knicks. loll.

p0nder

Starter
seriously!!! i mean, they were just blowing hot air about rose the entire game and then when taj gibson was playing very well for the bulls, they were like "if that was boozer it'd be a more defensive game and the knicks would be losing"

HOW??? we SHOT THE 3 BALL Boozer isn't a great perimiter defender, maybe if we were killing them in the paint, but come ON!!! it's like they just play fantasy basketball now and don't actually have to pay attention to whats going on. they'll just jock miami and any other "hot" team cause they lack actual analyical skill!

i'd take eric snow on my show over any of these guys. he's a knowledgeable former playmaker with great networking skills and a flair for actually doing his homework on a game. atleast he analyises a game in front of him and doesn't just chalk it up to what amounts to random shit, while blowing off the losing teams "star" players.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but have been a lurker for the longest time without a code name.

I know what you mean about Barkley & Kerr. Like what does Kerr know about basketball besides being in the shadow of a legend...Jordan.

Barkley on the other hand is a complete "Knuckle-head".
He flat out said that the knicks are not a good time. These pcs of shyte announcers need be fired & replaced with guys like Clyde.

knicksin60

Starter
Charles Barkley has always been known as one that jocks the best players and teams in the NBA but bad mouths, overlooks and discredits the underdogs.The man gets paid to spew negativity even if it's nonsensical.He's like that judge from American Idol whose opinions are highly touted by many due to his sincerity; hence why T-mobile chose him to be in their Fave Five promo.I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a job as a judge for Dancing with the Stars.

I remember him calling the Celtics a mediocre basketball team during Kevin Garnett's first season with them.He said they weren't a good defensive team but had defensively good players and that they weren't going to go deep in the playoffs.After the Celtics won their last championship, he quickly jumped on their bandwagon and only had positive things to say about them until after the 2008-09 Season.Once he was off the Celtic bandwagon he reverted back to despising them.

He was also on the Dallas Maverick bandwagon during the 2006-07 Season and had the Mavericks cake walking through the playoffs that year.But after they were eliminated by the Golden State Warriors (another team that Barkley gave no credit to) he forgot about their existence.He fleetingly rejoined their bandwagon last season right after they made that blockbuster trade with the Washington Wizards.But now sees them as irrelevant due to their inability of getting past the first round.

I never took Charles Barkley seriously.He's is a joke of an analyst, a sorry excuse of an actor, and was an above average NBA player throughout his career.It's ironic how he says that teams coached by Mike D'antoni play a sissy brand of basketball yet he was a player that played a sissy brand of defense.I doubt that if he were to play in this era he would lead a team towards a championship.As a player, the guy was closer to Zach Randolph than he was to an NBA great.He thinks that just because his Phoenix Suns took the Bulls to 6 games in the '93 NBA Finals that he was a tad below Michael Jordan in terms of overall talent yet guys like Clyde Drexler, Shawn Kemp and Karl Malone helped their teams take the Bulls to 6 games and they aren't even mentioned in the same conversation as Jordan.

Even if the Knicks win 60 games this Season, Barkley will continue to be their greatest adversary because he is still mourning inside from how the Knicks' front office and fan base mistreated Patrick Ewing.I'm glad that the Knicks didn't trade Charles Oakley for this clown when that mid 1990's trade rumor was circulating.If the guy had difficulties dealing with the Houston and Phoenix medias, he would have been the NY media's pinata.I'm also glad that Scottie Pippen had the courage to put him in his place.He really should consider quitting as an NBA analyst and stick to playing golf and spending long hours at his local Dunkin' Donuts.The man serves no purpose on my television screen.

Last edited:

supercelo24

Rookie
lol when I hear Barkley analyze games on TNT I feel like he was a chromosome away from being retarded. Watch Kenny's face when Barkley speaks. Hilarious.

Charles Barkley has always been known as one that jocks the best players and teams in the NBA but bad mouths, overlooks and discredits the underdogs.The man gets paid to spew negativity even if it's nonsensical.He's like that judge from American Idol whose opinions are highly touted by many due to his sincerity; hence why T-mobile chose him to be in their Fave Five promo.I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a job as a judge for Dancing with the Stars.

I remember him calling the Celtics a mediocre basketball team during Kevin Garnett's first season with them.He said they weren't a good defensive team but had defensively good players and that they weren't going to go deep in the playoffs.After the Celtics won their last championship, he quickly jumped on their bandwagon and only had positive things to say about them until after the 2008-09 Season.Once he was off the Celtic bandwagon he reverted back to despising them.

He was also on the Dallas Maverick bandwagon during the 2006-07 Season and had the Mavericks cake walking through the playoffs that year.But after they were eliminated by the Golden State Warriors (another team that Barkley gave no credit to) he forgot about their existence.He fleetingly rejoined their bandwagon last season right after they made that blockbuster trade with the Washington Wizards.But now sees them as irrelevant due to their inability of getting past the first round.

I never took Charles Barkley seriously.He's is a joke of an analyst, a sorry excuse of an actor, and was an above average NBA player throughout his career.It's ironic how he says that teams coached by Mike D'antoni play a sissy brand of basketball yet he was a player that played a sissy brand of defense.I doubt that if he were to play in this era he would lead a team towards a championship.As a player, the guy was closer to Zach Randolph than he was to an NBA great.He thinks that just because his Phoenix Suns took the Bulls to 6 games in the '93 NBA Finals that he was a tad below Michael Jordan in terms of overall talent yet guys like Clyde Drexler, Shawn Kemp and Karl Malone helped their teams take the Bulls to 6 games and they aren't even mentioned in the same conversation as Jordan.

Even if the Knicks win 60 games this Season, Barkley will continue to be their greatest adversary because he is still mourning inside from how the Knicks' front office and fan base mistreated Patrick Ewing.I'm glad that the Knicks didn't trade Charles Oakley for this clown when that mid 1990's trade rumor was circulating.If the guy had difficulties dealing with the Houston and Phoenix medias, he would have been the NY media's pinata.I'm also glad that Scottie Pippen had the courage to put him in his place.He really should consider quitting as an NBA analyst and stick to playing golf and spending long hours at his local Dunkin' Donuts.The man serves no purpose on my television screen.

Barkley is a pathetic joke, I use to get mad if he talked crap about us. He's so biased, Good point about the Warriors-Mavericks series from 07. A ringless bitter person is overated, He was a good player don't get me wrong, But he's get's more credit than he deserves. After the Suns went to a stacked Rockets team latter in his career to chase a "ring" which of course didn't work out for him.

Wowwwwwwww. I really think Kerr and especially Brakely despise the knicks for some reason. I cant believe that these two men have the utter sheerness to thrash and talk smack against the knicks. I think this shows you that they just dont respect the knicks and despise the team. I think this shows you that Barks just hatessssss the knicks with the words coing out of his mouth when the knicks are mentioned and that Kerr feels betrayed agaisnt his relationship with Amare in Phoenix and the contract. i think Walsh secretly knows something that Kerr doesn`t know and unaware of whats going on and is being clever in keeping it quiet and staying patient rather than making an qucik descision which i think definetly will hamper the chemistry of the players.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Of course Kerr was gonna hate on STAT after letting him walk away from Phoenix.

But ease up on "Chuck" a little bit. First of all, you know he is more comic relief than analyst. But as a player, Chuck is mos def a "top 50" NBA player. I know this because I "met" Chuck in person onetime. Not really met, but saw him at a club waayyyyyy back in the day when Chuck was on the Sixers. I was to scared to talk to him because Chuck had throw some poor slob through a window the week before. But as I stood next to Chuck(and Armon Gilliam), I noticed while being very broad shouldered, Chuck was barely taller than me and I am only 6'1". To play power forward at Chuck's size in the NBA will probably never happen again.

pat

Starter
But as a player, Chuck is mos def a "top 50" NBA player. I know this because I "met" Chuck in person onetime.

I met Juwan Howard once. Does that make him a hall of fame player? ;)

I think the height-argument does not work any more. David Lee, Hayes and Perkins all play centre. I just think that Barkley is a bit of a tool. The whole "I-will-lose-weight-and-learn-Spanish-thing" showed me precisely why he never won a championship. He started each and every training camp out of shape. He has no self-discipline. If that is so clear and you hate on players it makes you sound a ignorant.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sir Charles is on NBA TV etc. for the sake of 2 things:

Comic relief and dumbing down the show for inbreds. He's the Barney Gumble of anything analytical.

But, he's also an MVP. So saying he relied on bulk and brutality for success is poppycock.

In Barkley's first season with the Suns, the team had the NBA's best record and he became only the third player to win league MVP honors in the season after being traded. For the year, Barkley averaged 25.6 points and 12.2 rebounds to rank fifth and sixth, respectively. The nine-year veteran then carried Phoenix all the way to the NBA Finals. Chicago defeated Phoenix 4-2, but Barkley was brilliant, averaging 26.6 points and 13.6 rebounds in 42.8 minutes per game in the postseason. He also scored 44 points and hauled down 24 rebounds in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals against the Seattle SuperSonics.

I doubt many here watched either of those series, but his game 7 performance against Seattle was unbelievable. There are four players in NBA history who have compiled at least 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone and Charles Barkley.

So, he can still cram a dick in his ear for bashing the Knicks, but his opinion is a fart in the wind. Still, you can't take away from him as a player. He was awesome.

Steve Kerr has ridden the backs of better men to be where he is, was and will be. His opinion is so obviously contrived by his own **** ups and he's a silly tool for giving it away so blatantly.