2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni's run into the same problem with Howard and Gasol. Right now he's going to stagger the lineup as much as possible to keep them separate, but of course both being 36 minutes guys, there will be about 12 minutes they'll have to learn to coexist.

I think Melo is so versatile the he will do certain things with Amare on the floor, to keep Amare in the flow. He'll play more all around with Amare off the floor. Not too worried about Amare-Melo as I am about JR's shot reduction/selection when Amare is back. Even Kidd, the thinking is "oh I'm open, but I need to get Amare back in the flow", gun back in holster and looking to pass. this group will be fine, trust in Woody, he's had a season to figure out a system on the court.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
STAT says all the right things as always.

STAT says all the right things as always. He seems a little apprehensive, I think. Perhaps he's been keeping an eye on what others are saying about him? If the doubt can't inspire him to bring what's necessary, to make his flaws his strengths and become the rebounder and team defender that this team needs, then is he a lost cause?

Like it or not once the results are in, we're stuck with him.

Red

TYPE-A
Woodson has said he expects the Anthony-Stoudemire dynamic to work, pointing to the Knicks' 8-2 record with them in the starting lineup since he took over as coach last March.

I don't see what the problem is.:shrug:

Only us Knick fans can find a way to complain about adding an all-star to the line up.smh

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If there's any reason we think they can't co-exist together, it's because for a series of time we had that dumbass Pringles man as coach, who had no idea how to adjust his system to any damn person ever, instead forcing superstars with elite skillsets to adjust to his system which has never even won a championship and hell has never been effective without a future HOF point guard running it.

The key thing here to remember is that Woody isn't really using his own offensive sets, he's using D'Antoni's, he's just found a way to integrate Carmelo into them. If he can find a way to make Carmelo effective in an offense centered around the pick and roll, then he can find a way to make Amar'e effective in that offense too, especially cause there are few PFs in the league better in the pick and roll than Amar'e Stoudemire.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I don't see what the problem is.:shrug:

Only us Knick fans can find a way to complain about adding an all-star to the line up.smh
knicks fans never pleased. we can win the chip and instead of celebrating we'll start whining about how we need to win 2 more...

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If there's any reason we think they can't co-exist together, it's because for a series of time we had that dumbass Pringles man as coach, who had no idea how to adjust his system to any damn person ever, instead forcing superstars with elite skillsets to adjust to his system which has never even won a championship and hell has never been effective without a future HOF point guard running it.

The key thing here to remember is that Woody isn't really using his own offensive sets, he's using D'Antoni's, he's just found a way to integrate Carmelo into them. If he can find a way to make Carmelo effective in an offense centered around the pick and roll, then he can find a way to make Amar'e effective in that offense too, especially cause there are few PFs in the league better in the pick and roll than Amar'e Stoudemire.

Amare is a ridiculously dominant PnR big man and Melo can be waiting on the perimeter for the jumper as a back up, was against lesser opposition but anyone see how that worked out in the olympics :thumbsup:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Amare

I think there is less of a problem with Melo and Amare' together than with Chandler and Amare' together. Amare' is going tohave to pick up his defense, particularly when Chanlder is not on the floor. But I agree with FatElvis's thought that Amare' and Wallace, who is a three point threat, could be a great tandem.

Once we are fully healthy, we will have a lot of effective combinations.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I think there is less of a problem with Melo and Amare' together than with Chandler and Amare' together. Amare' is going tohave to pick up his defense, particularly when Chanlder is not on the floor. But I agree with FatElvis's thought that Amare' and Wallace, who is a three point threat, could be a great tandem.

Once we are fully healthy, we will have a lot of effective combinations.

Amare should play most of his minutes with Camby and Sheed when and if they come back, much better fits imo.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Amare Returns TONIGHT!!!

amare.jpg
@WojYahooNBA
New York Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire will make his season debut on Tuesday against Portland, league source tells Y! Sports.

After undergoing preseason knee surgery, New York Knicks All-Star forward Amar'e Stoudemirewill make his season debut on Tuesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Amar'e Stoudemire takes a practice shot before the Knicks' home game vs. the Lakers on Dec. 13. (AP).
>Whether or not Carmelo Anthony returns from his hyper-extended knee on Tuesday, the plan remains for Stoudemire to come off the Knicks' bench. Anthony told reporters that he will test his knee in pre-game on Tuesday and then make a determination on returning to the lineup.

Stoudemire, 30, has been one of the NBA's elite power forwards and had come into training camp believing he had worked himself into the best shape of his professional career. Nevertheless, Stoudemire suffered a knee injury in October, underwent surgery on Oct. 21 and has been rehabbing the injury most recently in practices with the Knicks' D-League franchise in Erie and finally with the Knicks.

"We need him," Anthony told Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears on Friday. "I know we are playing well, but the more bodies, the better, especially at this point where guys are doing well. ?We are ready for him."

The Knicks are 21-9, leaders in the Atlantic Division and a half-game behind the Miami Heat for the best record in the Eastern Conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--s...e-to-make-season-debut-tuesday-065440949.html

Are-You-Ready_frame_link.gif

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy New Year Everyone
Make this da year to remember being a Winner ....

1/1 I'm looking foward to the return of Amare without Melo & Felton in the rotation ..
I already picture the first game with Jason Kidd performance explaining to Amare vs Portland, that Kidd's body is to old to play the SSOL running game for over 20 minutes per game.
PG-Pablo pick n roll with Copeland will be practice alot with Amare vs Portland.

1/3 The Knicks vs Spurs Headcoach Pop ..
the NBA top best offense/defense GELLIN headcoach the last 6 seasons are "Pop" the Spurs will bring back old-memories to Amare.

1/5 The Knicks vs Magic should be the game we see alot of the low-post moves Olyjuwon taught to Amare in the offseason ..
PG-Pablo posting-up Amare quickness down-low and Tyson strength down-low ..
with JR, Novak, and Kidd peremeter shooting killing Orlando in the 3rd quarter.

I have no-faith in the two $100M animosity-boys and Tyson in the same lineup ..
unless Big-Daddy Jason Kidd is in the lineup too.
Amare & Melo remind me of two Baby-daddies who keep bumbing heads everyweek when they visit their Baby-Mama house .. the stare-down are enough to KILL.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Been a supporter of Amare's all off season and not gonna stop now.

Stat may not do anything special tonight but by next month Stat will return to All Star form

Tonight is the first step

Can't lie I am worried about how he and Melo will co-exist at first and what the implications will be to our record...but by seasons end I know they will be the tandem we all envisioned

Stat will open the floor for Melo and our shooters and doubling off of Amare is way different than doubling off Brewer...Melo's scoring will go down...his assist and shooting numbers will go up

Felton's shot selection will improve and shooting pct will go up when he is no longer the 2nd but 3rd or 4th (depending on lineup) option.

bigapple

Starter
we need him but Spurs can be too much for Knicks

no Melo no Chanlder just Copeland but i see light in Prigioni

what bout Kidd?

damn we are very shorthanded :(

hope for JR and Pabo=>Amare.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I actually feel nervous about it.

What's the scouting report update? Anyone know who's in/out?

Exciting stuff!!!

15, 8 1 block, 3 TOs.

* I bet Ray wishes he were playing in this one.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;260680 said:
I am a man of little faith when it comes to Amar'e. This, to me, is just an excuse. Pass off the blame and you pass off the heat.
Yeah, really. Admit you didn't try, and move forward. Too many times he didn't try, and he could have asked for helped outside of the coaches he had. Olajuwon wasn't his coach, but he asked him for help.

Come on, Amar'e. If you've turned it around, great, just don't make excuses.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah, really. Admit you didn't try, and move forward. Too many times he didn't try, and he could have asked for helped outside of the coaches he had. Olajuwon wasn't his coach, but he asked him for help.

Come on, Amar'e. If you've turned it around, great, just don't make excuses.

Precisely. Pride, you would think, should have him aiming for better results as a defensive player. Instead he makes excuses that take the focus off his game, and passes the onus on to others for his shortcomings.

It's classic hoop-millionaire immaturity.

I am sick to death of this guy's media pleasing rhetoric.

Kiyaman

Legend
Stat is a 20-10 bigman that need to work on his inside/outside passin skillz more than anything else .. turnovers & selfishness should be band from the 2012-13 Knicks.

The Knicks BIG-3 biggest problem has been ..
Tyson has no passin-skills
Stat has no passin-skills
and Melo has no passin-skills
funny how all 3 can catch an alley-oop pass but cant throw one lol

Our BIG-3 frontcourt would be dynamic if they could pass the ball half as good as the Chicago Bulls front-court bigmen

I recall a time when Zach Randolph & Boozer had no passin-skills, but not anymore .. their defensive-skillz are still the same.