DLee For Felton, future 1st?

GetRealistic

Starter
Haven't you learned already? Taking other team's garbage is a typical Isiah move. Bobcats drafted Augustin because they feel confident in Felton, just like how Chicago didn't feel confident in Curry and Crawford, Portland didn't feel confident in Randolph, and Orlando didn't feel confident in Francis. I'm not willing to sit back and watch this make that same mistake. Its cliche and will set the team back another year.

Felton thinks he's a starter, thats good for him. I don't see him taking a seat on the bench as a former top 5 pick. He wants to play big minutes, but with the way the plays; I don't see him playing for a winning team. Needs a lot of maturity, the talent is there really. He's as talented as Williams or Paul, but he still plays like a college kid.

Felton is a former lottery pick who makes next to nothing. You give the guy a shot and if it don't happen you let him go its not a big deal. He's not locked ito a bad contract or anything.

Lee won't be a Knick after his contract expires. His agent has alread said hes going to be looking for 10 + million a year.

I know you love Marbury but even if he aveages 40ppg and 20 assists this is his last season so we need a plan for the future.

OH YEAH WERE GETTING A FUTURE NUMBER ONE PICK ALONG WITH FELTON. I say make that a 2010 #1 pick so we have one that season.

metrocard

Legend
Felton is a former lottery pick who makes next to nothing. You give the guy a shot and if it don't happen you let him go its not a big deal. He's not locked ito a bad contract or anything.

Lee won't be a Knick after his contract expires. His agent has alread said hes going to be looking for 10 + million a year.

I know you love Marbury but even if he aveages 40ppg and 20 assists this is his last season so we need a plan for the future.

OH YEAH WERE GETTING A FUTURE NUMBER ONE PICK ALONG WITH FELTON. I say make that a 2010 #1 pick so we have one that season.

This is said in the article?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont like felton, he isnt cosistant, sometimes u dont even kno he's in da court, way too streaky, i dont see how he improves the team anyway, he's a better scorer then passer and he's not even dat good of a scorer

Kiyaman

Legend
Didn't Brevin Knight average like 11 assists when the Bobcats were a worse team?

PG-Brevin Knight is one of the reasons the Bobcats drafted SG-Raymond Felton who had Combo-Guard Skillz. Why the Bobcats did not resign Brevin was questionable untill he signed with the Clippers and his injury would not let him play at his full potential.

The Bobcats grabbing one of the Top-3 PG in this draft with their first pick shows they are on the right track. Now they have a Pure PG in DJ Augustin whom only plays the PG position for combo-guard Felton and SG-J.Richardson.
Nice Trio in the backcourt for HOF Head Coach Larry Brown system.

The Knicks should sucker the Bobcats into a trade for Jamal Crawford for Felton.

Those who want David Lee traded from this Knick Team are saying they want a frontcourt of C-Curry and PF-Zach with no rebounding Jefferies as their backups...

Paul1355

All Star
do we honestly have to trade David Lee..i mean if he is going to be crazy about his next contract offer then it's a must but if we can get rid of some guys and keep Lee so we can gurantee him to stay and have Danillo at the 3 and Lee at the 4 our defense wouldn't be superb but our movement and offensives threat would be pretty decent for those two alone. And Lee's rebound numbers are the most important thing about him and if we give him we better get a damn good guy guaranteed to help this club Lee is too much of an asset.If we get shot blocking center then defense on the 3 and 4 spots wouldn't be as stressed about. Honestly we should keep Lee because he's a rebounding machine and is improving offensively every year and he can move good in a D'Antoni system dont forget Lee was a big dunker back in the day and he's proven that white men can jump. I think Lee is more valuable then Nate robinson even Nate is great, Lee has too many positives.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
do we honestly have to trade David Lee..i mean if he is going to be crazy about his next contract offer then it's a must but if we can get rid of some guys and keep Lee so we can gurantee him to stay and have Danillo at the 3 and Lee at the 4 our defense wouldn't be superb but our movement and offensives threat would be pretty decent for those two alone. And Lee's rebound numbers are the most important thing about him and if we give him we better get a damn good guy guaranteed to help this club Lee is too much of an asset.If we get shot blocking center then defense on the 3 and 4 spots wouldn't be as stressed about. Honestly we should keep Lee because he's a rebounding machine and is improving offensively every year and he can move good in a D'Antoni system dont forget Lee was a big dunker back in the day and he's proven that white men can jump. I think Lee is more valuable then Nate robinson even Nate is great, Lee has too many positives.

Mike No-D'Antoni needs jump shooters; hence, I don't actually see Lee fitting well that much. He's good I'll tell you that, but will do much better on the proper team, where he's much needed. Moreover I think Lee's importance right now is so we could include him in a package to unload our least marketable tradeables such as Randolph or Curry. Hopefully that's how it goes. However any deal would only be pleasing if we get draft picks in return (high picks, and not 2nd rounders), and/or a young promising player (3 seasons as a pro max).

NYKnicks15

Starter
im pretty sure i reported this trade rumor in the trade david lee section.. and then it was made into a thread but its ok. well when i heard about this a couple days ago the general consensus is.. not a lot of ppl want to take david lee. first off as much as i like david.. hes just a one dimensional, too slow to play the 3 and D and not much of a shotblocker to be a force in the paint. we love him so much cause he hustles and shows heart which is fine like i said i love the kid. but we worship him cause hes one of the couple that actually show this on the team. hes a six man. and the reason his value isnt as high is because this is his final year so where ever he is traded to he could just peace and sign a contract with another team... a team that would have to fork up around 9-10 million for a six man.

he interrupts are class of '10 goal and thats why he will be traded. another possibility besides for trading him for felton is a deal with portland for steve blake.. an even worse idea i think. i dont know what the hatred is on Raymond Felton though. hes a solid young player

the other options is working on a sign and trade. for monta ellis who would love to play for us or possibly ben gordon who has a glut of guards. telfair is an option as well as memphis guard Lowry.

many things can happen but i wouldnt expect to see david lee or stephon marbury on this team next year.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
im pretty sure i reported this trade rumor in the trade david lee section.. and then it was made into a thread but its ok. well when i heard about this a couple days ago the general consensus is.. not a lot of ppl want to take david lee. first off as much as i like david.. hes just a one dimensional, too slow to play the 3 and D and not much of a shotblocker to be a force in the paint. we love him so much cause he hustles and shows heart which is fine like i said i love the kid. but we worship him cause hes one of the couple that actually show this on the team. hes a six man. and the reason his value isnt as high is because this is his final year so where ever he is traded to he could just peace and sign a contract with another team... a team that would have to fork up around 9-10 million for a six man.

he interrupts are class of '10 goal and thats why he will be traded. another possibility besides for trading him for felton is a deal with portland for steve blake.. an even worse idea i think. i dont know what the hatred is on Raymond Felton though. hes a solid young player

the other options is working on a sign and trade. for monta ellis who would love to play for us or possibly ben gordon who has a glut of guards. telfair is an option as well as memphis guard Lowry.

many things can happen but i wouldnt expect to see david lee or stephon marbury on this team next year.

I hate to say it but he is right about David. I guess I'm still longing for the days of Ewing, Oak, Mason, and Starks...(even though he cost us that 94 championship)...

David Lee is the closet thing we have now to an Oakley...on this team. And that's high praise in KNICKS LAND. And I can see why we as fans are so attached to him. I would rather give up Robinson..I just don't think he'll accomplish much for us other than a few ESPN highlights.

Now if we got Raymond Felton...I don't like his assist/turnover ration to be our starting PG...it's gotten better but needs to go up another notch. It would be his 4th season...so he has good value. Monta Ellis or Gordon..would be a better move...obviously but Felton would be solid.

We still need a damned SG....and a C..if we are not going to bang the boards.

clumsy

Rotation player
i hate this trade i want to get high salaried players off the team, not add other teams mediocre players.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer

I obviously agree on your take on David Lee. Problem is as of late there hasn't still been an offer for a trade (or at least a rumor) involving Lee that can be deemed great IMO. Duhon? C'mon. Blake? Pass. Felton.. Telfair? All seem just so-so to me.

Paul1355

All Star
i hate this trade i want to get high salaried players off the team, not add other teams mediocre players.

we need mediocore players to get rid of the high salary players, a team will only accept a big contract if they know they can give up a bench player for a starter being the knicks case.

clumsy

Rotation player
we need mediocore players to get rid of the high salary players, a team will only accept a big contract if they know they can give up a bench player for a starter being the knicks case.

how does this trade make any sense. Lee doesn't make any money yet. Lee is our best commodity. You can package him with shit and possible get an expiring or decent players in return with more reasonable contracts.