Game 6: Jazz vs Knicks Game Thread 11/9 @ 3:00pm ET

SMH @ Cancerburians unhappy that we won. Won't even give credit to Duhon. Bunch of babies.

Duhon is playing better each game. I have been impressed. Once he figures out when to look more for his shot and penetration he'll be very good. It's been awhile since he has had to play a major role on a team. People should expect it to come slowly. He still is no Steph, but it should be Knicks>>>>>>>>>>>>> any one player for the fans.

They still did Steph dirty though.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign, keep killin em MSG imagine what he woulda done vs Arenas or Williams yikes! anyways this was an impressive win, Crawford was on his game today, Zach continued to play great basketball and Nate/Lee/and chandler had solid games....we're hot right now with the spurs coming up next, its a winnable game vs and injured spurs but i got this bad feeling were gonna lose 2 outta the next 3 which are very winnable games (spurs,grizzlies,and thunder)

Arenas and williams both woulda left scorch marks on duburned.

I like the win. Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford looked great(no homo). Crawford and Randolph might turn into a good scoring combo, if they can continue to score like they've been scoring these last three games. I think Marbury, Crawford, and Randolph could have made a big 3(kind of like Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson in previous years) but D'Antoni won't allow it.

Keep preachin', MSG. The Knicks are 4-2, because they keep playing injured or losing teams. It's not going to last. The Knicks aren't going to play all 82 games against sub .500 or injury depleted teams.

Its good to see we have some realistic fans on this site

SMH @ Cancerburians unhappy that we won. Won't even give credit to Duhon. Bunch of babies.

I gave him credit, but like i said thats 4 bad games and 2 good games. And those 2 good games for duhorn came against backup point guards. Like i said in another thread, ill give him his props eventually but he has to earn them. I do like what i have seen the past 2 games but thats not gonna convince me.

smh @ duhornians

Duhon is playing better each game. I have been impressed. Once he figures out when to look more for his shot and penetration he'll be very good. It's been awhile since he has had to play a major role on a team. People should expect it to come slowly. He still is no Steph, but it should be Knicks>>>>>>>>>>>>> any one player for the fans.

co-sign

Whatever happens with starbury happens. I dont like the move but im not gonna hold it against the team. I want to see every player do good, and i want us to win as many games as possible. I believe that with Starbury we could win more games, and i have good reasons to believe this. However, hes obviously not gonna play so what we got is what we got. I just wanna see them play hard and compete every night, and give us some entertainment especially after last year.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wasnt it you who said you would be impressed if The Knicks beat Utah? Well they did and you're still bitchin. Utah had won all of its games without Deron Williams, and truth be told, The Jazz without Deron Williams is still a better team than we are now. This win doesnt make us a playoff bound team, but, it is a good win for us. Again what you need to realize is that every win builds confidence in the new system.
Yes, because I didn't know Deron Williams was going to be out with an injury. Nor did I know the Spurs were going to be injury depleted. I disagree with you. Every win the Knicks have gotten thus far has been against injury depleted or sub .500 teams. This 4-2 start is very deceiving. Marbury would have gotten the Knicks a 6-0 start, with this kind of a schedule.

LJ4PTPlay, you really are illogical. You claim that Marbury is a cancer, just like you used to claim Randolph was a cancer. Randolph already proved you wrong. Marbury will prove you wrong, too.

And, no, I refuse to give Duhon any credit. The only way I'm giving him credit is if he scores 50 points in a game. I know that will never happen, so I guess he's never getting credit from me.

I guess you're the newest member of the duhornesexuals, LJ.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Knicks4lyfe, that post right there was great. The Knicks did do Steph dirty, and they're going to eventually pay for it. Mike D'Antoni is going to pay for starting the players he likes over the players with the most talent.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's right the Knicks WON....again!

They actually beat the 5-0 Utah Jazz, giving the Jazz their first loss of the season.

Inconsistent Crawful actually had an all-around super-star performance scoring 32 points on 10-17 shooting, plus he stepped up to defend Brewer & Price.

Duhon stepped up his level of play in this game to proved he is worth the contract offered to him. He played like an All-Star and made our losing 20-10 stat man.....Stats work in our favor for a win.

Inconsistent Q.Richardson stepped up his defense on K47 to stop his scoring charge in the 2nd half so the Knicks could keep their lead to win the game.

The Knicks rotation of players were great throughout the entire game, the Knicks defense had 13 steals which forced the Jazz to have 20 turnovers.

What can I say...... I still dont favor Dantoni.....but you must admitt he got these Knick Players performing well in MSG...
Let's Go Knicks<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Arenas and williams both woulda left scorch marks on duburned.

Its good to see we have some realistic fans on this site

I gave him credit, but like i said thats 4 bad games and 2 good games. And those 2 good games for duhorn came against backup point guards. Like i said in another thread, ill give him his props eventually but he has to earn them. I do like what i have seen the past 2 games but thats not gonna convince me.

smh @ duhornians

co-sign

Whatever happens with starbury happens. I dont like the move but im not gonna hold it against the team. I want to see every player do good, and i want us to win as many games as possible. I believe that with Starbury we could win more games, and i have good reasons to believe this. However, hes obviously not gonna play so what we got is what we got. I just wanna see them play hard and compete every night, and give us some entertainment especially after last year.

easily he woulda gotten abused.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LJ4PTPlay, you really are illogical. You claim that Marbury is a cancer, just like you used to claim Randolph was a cancer. Randolph already proved you wrong. Marbury will prove you wrong, too.

And, no, I refuse to give Duhon any credit. The only way I'm giving him credit is if he scores 50 points in a game. I know that will never happen, so I guess he's never getting credit from me.

Who's being illogical here? 50 points? For some reason you think a PGs role is to score a lot of points. It's not, especially in D'Antoni's system. I admit I was wrong about Randolph, he's played really well this year and I give him credit. He's even caused me to second guess the plan of trading him. If only his salary wasn't so terrible.

I call Mebury a cancer mainly to piss Cancerburians off not to mention there has been a lot of evidence of him being a cancer. Why do you think he's not playing? Your love for 1 player is ridiculous and I enjoy making fun of you guys for being in love with a player that has done nothing for this franchise and has no part of the future. It's like being in love with Malik Rose. And making fun of me supporting our starting PG is why you are ridiculous. I don't have homosexual fantasies about Duhon like you wish Mebury was your boyfriend. You root for Duhon to fail which means you root for the Knicks to fail. SMH.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Who's being illogical here? 50 points? For some reason you think a PGs role is to score a lot of points. It's not, especially in D'Antoni's system. I admit I was wrong about Randolph, he's played really well this year and I give him credit. He's even caused me to second guess the plan of trading him. If only his salary wasn't so terrible.

I call Mebury a cancer mainly to piss Cancerburians off not to mention there has been a lot of evidence of him being a cancer. Why do you think he's not playing? Your love for 1 player is ridiculous and I enjoy making fun of you guys for being in love with a player that has done nothing for this franchise and has no part of the future. It's like being in love with Malik Rose. And making fun of me supporting our starting PG is why you are ridiculous. I don't have homosexual fantasies about Duhon like you wish Mebury was your boyfriend. You root for Duhon to fail which means you root for the Knicks to fail. SMH.
Lmao! You think I care about what you have to say? If you do, then I feel sorry for you.

I come to this forum to have fun(no homo). Yes, I'm rooting against Duhon, but that's because I don't agree with the way he got his starting spot. Had Marbury played poorly, and Duhon played well, I would not have cared if Marbury got put on the inactive list. But Marbury wasn't given a chance. He was immediately benched, and I don't think that's right.

You have Duhon's sperm on your face. You think that because the Knicks won 4 games that they're headed in the right direction.

The fact that I want Duhon to fail means that I want Marbuy to start. It does not mean that I want the Knicks to fail.

If anything, you want the Knicks to fail, which is why you want a scrub like Duhon to start in the first place.

Nice try to bring down the Starbarians, but you're going to have to try a little harder, Duhornsexual.

TunerAddict

Starter
Had Marbury played poorly, and Duhon played well, I would not have cared if Marbury got put on the inactive list.

You're a lying mother ****er...

And the Jazz aren't injury depleted. They are missing one guy, whom by the way, they were 5-0 without...Yeah...That Jazz team got hurt so bad by the injury bug...

You sure accuse others of having sperm on their faces a lot. Very childish...I won't even continue your childish behavior by making a remark about you and Marbury...

And its funny how MSG says you guys are real fans? Really? You are real fans by hoping the team loses and Duhon plays badly? Leave. You never were and will never be Knicks fans...shit, I don't care if we are starting an entire lineup of guys we called up from the D-league, the only thing I care about is wins. **** all our players. I have no allegiance. My only allegiance is to the orange and blue, and no matter who is playing, whether its Duhon, Marbury, or even you for that matter, I'm cheering till the fat lady sings and hoping we pull out a win every game.

Difference between Team Starbury and Team Haterbury is simple. We'd rather look bad and win, and you'd rather look good and lose.

Last edited:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
the players he likes?

wouldn't gall be getting 20 mins then.

D'Ant playing the players who will be help the team win. I think its working. A wins a win.

Pricey

Rotation player
You're a lying mother ****er...

And the Jazz aren't injury depleted. They are missing one guy, whom by the way, they were 5-0 without...Yeah...That Jazz team got hurt so bad by the injury bug...

You sure accuse others of having sperm on their faces a lot. Very childish...I won't even continue your childish behavior by making a remark about you and Marbury...

And its funny how MSG says you guys are real fans? Really? You are real fans by hoping the team loses and Duhon plays badly? Leave. You never were and will never be Knicks fans...shit, I don't care if we are starting an entire lineup of guys we called up from the D-league, the only thing I care about is wins. **** all our players. I have no allegiance. My only allegiance is to the orange and blue, and no matter who is playing, whether its Duhon, Marbury, or even you for that matter, I'm cheering till the fat lady sings and hoping we pull out a win every game.

Difference between Team Starbury and Team Haterbury is simple. We'd rather look bad and win, and you'd rather look good and lose.
you have no allegience to players, just the Knicks but yet you have a Marbury fail signature?

Man i dont care who plays, i like Marbury as a player but its a fact he wont play unless Duhorn gets injured. Im not happy that he is getting fat paychecks for doing nothing either so if he aint playing i'd like the Knicks to buy him out and let him play as its not right to make him train like he has and sit on the pine.

Im just pumped we have 4 wins and 2 losses so far, who would have thought?
I loved Duhorns game today but i would like to see him do this consistently, he is a Duke boy after all :)
I cant wait for the Spurs game. We should beat that mob with the players they have out.

For some reason, i've always been a zach fan even last year. D'antoni just said what i always say on here, about how zach cant jump at all but hes all over the boards. Zachs not far from averaging 20 and 12...is he the best player on this team?

Word, I said it last season as well, Zach is a very good player and definitely the best player on the team. He plays hard every night and can definitely average 20 and 10 this season which is very impressive. He may even make the all star team.

Real good game, can't really find anything to
complain about. The biggest thing i've noticed this season over the past 5 is the effort they play with, we still are far from a defensive power but the effort is there. Shit even Crawford and Randolph showed a pulse on defense.

Good game by Duhon. Who knew he could dunk. Say what you want about the guy but he seems to have a really calming influence on the team.

Two game road trip lets go get a split and then come back home and beat up the Thunder.

When was the last time we were 2 games over .500?

Yeah they played hard on the d with both Zach and Crawford bodying up.

As for Duhon it's too soon to get a complete read on him but I suspect he is an average point guard, nothing more nothing less.

As for Steph in relation to the team why are ya'll still even talking about him? For all practical purposes he's off the team. Who cares.

I wonder if Marbury can still even play at the same level as before? It's hard to believe but he hasn't played in an NBA game in almost a year, is 31 soon to be 32 and coming off an injury. I wonder if any team would even take a chance on signing him? He's not exactly Mr. Popular around the league with players, coaches and executives. What a waste of talent, the guy could have been a hall of famer. He's had one of the most disappointing careers of recent memory. Pretty sad.

Pricey

Rotation player
I wonder if Marbury can still even play at the same level as before? It's hard to believe but he hasn't played in an NBA game in almost a year, is 31 soon to be 32 and coming off an injury. I wonder if any team would even take a chance on signing him? He's not exactly Mr. Popular around the league with players, coaches and executives. What a waste of talent, the guy could have been a hall of famer. He's had one of the most disappointing careers of recent memory. Pretty sad.

i reckon he could get a game somewhere in the league, too good a player not to. Im sure if he isnt involved in anything ugly with D'Antoni then someone will have a look at him. Obviously he wont get a big contract but im sure that wont bother him.
I would like to see him go out to the West in all honesty :thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
I see every member is riled-up and happy with this Win over the Jazz.
If the Knicks was'nt so negative in the last 4 seasons the majority of us would be agreeing with each other.
It is a good-thang..... that this Knick Team can take a WIN from any team that Franchise Star is not playing, or takes the night off.

I never agreed with or disagreed with the signing of Duhorn, I compared him to Collins, but Collins high dribble and frustration with Crawful shadowing him all the time for the ball is where Duhon differ with his low dribble and speed to get pass Crawful from hanging on his jock-strap which has Crawful finally playing the SG position for the first time in his miserable career.

Duhon is new to these Knick teammates but all the 35 mpg since preseason (Dantoni's confidence in him to become a complimentary PG), has been paying off well as a pass-first PG. He's not flashy or a shooter, but he learns quick from the 3-Guard offense the spots to hit Zach, Crawful, Chandler, Nate, and Q.Rich.
The Detroit Pistons need a PG like "Duhon" for "AI & Rip" right now to compliment their 20 or more point performance. Denver should've offered Duhorn an offer-sheet this offseason having a offense that consisted of AI, JR Smith, and Melo.

With Duhon and Nate at the PG........
the Knicks could either use SG-Starbury or SG-Crawful to pick-up the scoring slack. Both want 30 mpg so you can only use one of them in your rotation.

Starbury or Crawful is the question?
The arguement and debate over "Marbury or Duhon" is unnesscesary and unwanted.
When the Knicks big problem the last 4 years was having "Marbury & Crawful" in their rotation.

Marbury has been the perfect SG to use as the Combo-Guard.
Super Star Lebron James would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury in his rotation starting as a SG, rather than West or a Crawful.
Super Star Pierce would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury as their 6th-Man off the bench that could come in for PG, SG, or SF.
Super Star Wade would LUV to have Combo-Guard Marbury as his starting PG to run n gun half the teams in the league that dont qualify to such offensive speed.

We traded for a "STAT-Player" in 20-10 Zach Randolph, whom the Portland TrailBlazers tried so many different players and lineups with Zach 20-10 stats year after year to become a .500 team. It did not work so they traded him.
PG-Duhon defensive prowness in rebounding, steals, assists, and having other scoring teammates to hit for scoring like Nate, Chandler, and inconsistent Crawful, has made Zach Randolph 20-10 stat work to win games against teams weakness in offense, or defense, or rebounding.

Coach Dantoni have PG-Duhon and Nate taking advantage of oponents different weaknesses.
This is what Marbury & Crawful lack as a PG leading a team (Teammates just dont follow their lead).

GetRealistic

Starter
I see every member is riled-up and happy with this Win over the Jazz.
If the Knicks was'nt so negative in the last 4 seasons the majority of us would be agreeing with each other.
It is a good-thang..... that this Knick Team can take a WIN from any team that Franchise Star is not playing, or takes the night off.

I never agreed with or disagreed with the signing of Duhorn, I compared him to Collins, but Collins high dribble and frustration with Crawful shadowing him all the time for the ball is where Duhon differ with his low dribble and speed to get pass Crawful from hanging on his jock-strap which has Crawful finally playing the SG position for the first time in his miserable career.

Duhon is new to these Knick teammates but all the 35 mpg since preseason (Dantoni's confidence in him to become a complimentary PG), has been paying off well as a pass-first PG. He's not flashy or a shooter, but he learns quick from the 3-Guard offense the spots to hit Zach, Crawful, Chandler, Nate, and Q.Rich.
The Detroit Pistons need a PG like "Duhon" for "AI & Rip" right now to compliment their 20 or more point performance. Denver should've offered Duhorn an offer-sheet this offseason having a offense that consisted of AI, JR Smith, and Melo.

With Duhon and Nate at the PG........
the Knicks could either use SG-Starbury or SG-Crawful to pick-up the scoring slack. Both want 30 mpg so you can only use one of them in your rotation.

Starbury or Crawful is the question?
The arguement and debate over "Marbury or Duhon" is unnesscesary and unwanted.
When the Knicks big problem the last 4 years was having "Marbury & Crawful" in their rotation.

Marbury has been the perfect SG to use as the Combo-Guard.
Super Star Lebron James would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury in his rotation starting as a SG, rather than West or a Crawful.
Super Star Pierce would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury as their 6th-Man off the bench that could come in for PG, SG, or SF.
Super Star Wade would LUV to have Combo-Guard Marbury as his starting PG to run n gun half the teams in the league that dont qualify to such offensive speed.

We traded for a "STAT-Player" in 20-10 Zach Randolph, whom the Portland TrailBlazers tried so many different players and lineups with Zach 20-10 stats year after year to become a .500 team. It did not work so they traded him.
PG-Duhon defensive prowness in rebounding, steals, assists, and having other scoring teammates to hit for scoring like Nate, Chandler, and inconsistent Crawful, has made Zach Randolph 20-10 stat work to win games against teams weakness in offense, or defense, or rebounding.

Coach Dantoni have PG-Duhon and Nate taking advantage of oponents different weaknesses.
This is what Marbury & Crawful lack as a PG leading a team (Teammates just dont follow their lead).

I agree with about 75 % of that. I highly doubt with all the baggage and losing backroud Lebron, Pierce, or Wade would want Marbury anywhere near there team. But then again i doubt they'd want Crawford on their teams either, even though if Crawford could play like he did yesterday on the defense side we would be a pretty good player, but i doubt you'll see that from him night in and night out.

Kiya the basic only reason Crawford is the SG guard or combo gaurd as you call it over Marbury is because Crawford has a contract that dictates that he's going to be here the next few years barring a trade. And as D'Antoni has said about 20 times (most poster ignore this fact) he wants to play the guys who have a future in the organization.

But I'll leave the Marbury discussions for the rest of you people, i'm over that (rooting against the starting point guard Chris Duhon means your rooting against the team). I want to talk about the actual team and the fact were 4-2. And i don't care if we beat high school teams for the 4 wins, i'll take them. We can only play the teams that our on our schedule. We can't control the fact that Areanas, or Williams are out, and shit i'm glad there out cause it made our job slightly easier. But people do gotta realize that we lost to the Wizards plenty of time over the last few seasons with Areanas out and we've also lost to other teams with their superstars out. So we should be happy we took care of business. With or without Williams the Jazz are one of the best coached teams in the NBA.

Duhon has done everything u could ask from him in my opinion. He's distrubted the ball and played defense. He could score 4 points for all i care he's the point guard his job is not to score. And if you want to get into logistics you can average out the points of Nate and Duhon who are our point guards and you get plenty of points out of that position.

Wilson Chandler actually had an off game yesterday but he still did the little things, and had some tremendous box outs on Boozer late in the game. Chandler is still young and basically a rookie since he barely played last season so he's going to have ups and downs but the future is bright.

Randolph is seriously like the old man at the YMCA. He seems old and out of shape so every takes him for granted. But he uses his body and all these little basketball tricks and put up numbers. I hope he doesn't fall to much in love with the 3 but hes played well.

Lets go split this miny road trip and build off this success.

BTW has Marbury ever scored 50 points in a game? I don't think he has but i wanted to make sure.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
BTW has Marbury ever scored 50 points in a game? I don't think he has but i wanted to make sure.

i agreed wit ur post getreal and to answer your question, yes marbury has scored 50 points, i think he did it twice, i kno once was against the lakers....

and by the way kiya why u trying to start another war for?? let go of marbury, he's done in NY

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea i remember that game now that you say it. That was like right after the all star game. Good memory man. I just looked it up to see the stats and did anybody realize or remember that Tony Delk scored 50 points in a game?

Thats crazy talk about a journey at best. But hey i guess ABCD respects him

dre48ny

Rotation player
Word, I said it last season as well, Zach is a very good player and definitely the best player on the team. He plays hard every night and can definitely average 20 and 10 this season which is very impressive. He may even make the all star team.

Yeah they played hard on the d with both Zach and Crawford bodying up.

As for Duhon it's too soon to get a complete read on him but I suspect he is an average point guard, nothing more nothing less.

As for Steph in relation to the team why are ya'll still even talking about him? For all practical purposes he's off the team. Who cares.

Zach has looked solid and obviously not having trouble with the system. His offensive skills are certainly there and hopefully his attitude stays under control.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Yes, because I didn't know Deron Williams was going to be out with an injury. Nor did I know the Spurs were going to be injury depleted. I disagree with you. Every win the Knicks have gotten thus far has been against injury depleted or sub .500 teams. This 4-2 start is very deceiving. Marbury would have gotten the Knicks a 6-0 start, with this kind of a schedule.

We lost to Philly by almost 30 and you're saying Steph wouldve made up that much ground for us? That comment was a frozen Brick! If Steph was playing we likely have the same record sweetheart!

Look Utah beat two respectable teams in Denver (with A.I. and Melo still) and Portland, twice blew out The Clippers the way a good team would've and beat OKC on the road, this team is not as good without Deron Williams obviously, but they are still a solid ball club. No we didnt beat The C's or The Lakers, but we beat a team that even without one there two best players are better than we are.

So being that you hate Duhon the way you do, does that mean that you'll be cheering for him to have bad games as long as he is a starter? The man has 21 ast to 2 TOs in the past two games, he made clutch plays in both those games to lead us to victories yet because you want Steph in so bad you hate him. Another Brick for you! Look I hate Jerome James, but if his fat ass was getting minutes over D.Lee or Zach in the frontcourt and he was producing then I'd have give it to him. Steph benching is about principle not because Dantoni feels Duhon is better!

I know the comment about a Duhonsexual was aimed at LJ, but don't you think that whole "Crawfordsexual", "Currysexual" etc. shit is a bit played out? What about "Duhornballs", you know something original and your own not a borrowed comment from Metro to show how Stan'd you are by him!

Last edited: