Fire D'Antoni

Wargames

Starter
And then you compound our woes on offense with our shit defense.

I mean, think about it. How many times yesterday did the Lakers beat us with the old "Drive to the basket to lure away the help defense and then pass to an open 3-point shooter on the wing" shit? Why is it that every single time someone drives to the basket on the other team it seems like our entire team abandons their defensive assignments? The hell is this team thinking?

That was probably to limit Tyson Chandlers foul troubles. It of course was bullcrap. Also send Jerome Jordan to the damn D league him sitting on the bench is a waste of talent, dude could become a pachula type player or something. Him sitting there is pointless.

RealNYK78

Rookie
You can't teach something you don't care about!!

The issue with Mike Chicken Little...is he thinks IF he has a certain player to do 1 thing he LIKES..everything is fine...A coach teaches n work with WHATEVER he has...Riley came here with no Magic n taught Defense with CBA Ballers..The issue until he fired is what he teaches..Just Shoot the BAll in 7 sec..THAT IT...No Cutters n Box out or Defense Rotation Help...WORSE OF ALL...AMARE is worse than Lebron with NO POST GAME..Melo SHOULD BE Feature in the POST 60% of the time...#1 of all HE ALWAYS Get out coach by Rookies that preach DEFENSE!!!

I can't stand D'Antoni and can't wait until they get a real coach in hear who gives a damn about defense but, lets face facts there's not a lot of talent on this team and it remains to be seen if the stars can play together.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
At least we stopped jacking up threes (even though we might have had more of a chance to win the last two games if we did with the way they were playing).

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
In my opinion, Amare and Melo's lack of chemistry all comes down to the coach. They don't play well off of each other, because of D'Antoni's lack of structure.

Case in point: the oldest, most effective play in the book, between bigs and wing players: the pick and roll, does not seem to be used by these two. Amare never screens for Anthony; and if he did, I doubt Anthony would pass the ball to a rolling Stoudemire.

As others have said here, it's up to the coach to motivate the players to go to this potentially devastating strategy.

The first few games have, so far, featured use of the pick and roll between Melo and Chandler, with STAT standing behind the 3-point line. This makes no sense, whatsoever.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bingo, it's up to coach to get his team together. If his players don't fit into his system, change the system. The problem is D'Antoni looks at each player very indivudally, he moves Amare toward being a combo forward because Tyson needs a lot of space in the low post, he keeps Carmelo playing isolation, because this is his game. He forces Douglas to keep shooting threes, because that's where Toney feels he's good at. And that's why it looks we are not a team but a group of random individuals. D'Antoni has to make a scheme that would be something between players' favors and team's needs.

Wargames

Starter
He got his team together tonight and those 3's dropped for them but I got to see the knicks working with both amare, melo, and Chandler before I say extend that coach

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
In my opinion, Amare and Melo's lack of chemistry all comes down to the coach. They don't play well off of each other, because of D'Antoni's lack of structure.

Case in point: the oldest, most effective play in the book, between bigs and wing players: the pick and roll, does not seem to be used by these two. Amare never screens for Anthony; and if he did, I doubt Anthony would pass the ball to a rolling Stoudemire.

As others have said here, it's up to the coach to motivate the players to go to this potentially devastating strategy.

The first few games have, so far, featured use of the pick and roll between Melo and Chandler, with STAT standing behind the 3-point line. This makes no sense, whatsoever.

Very nice, OG.

Saves me some time, too.

DrB

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni was animated at Sacremento

That's the thing D'Antoni doesn't coach he just tells them to shoot and get the ball in the basket.

Seriously I'm betting Mike Woodson is thinking in his head "How the hell did a guy like this ever get a coaching job?"

If you look at good coaches such as Spoelstra, Carlisle, Brown (both Mike and Larry), Skiles, Jackson, Riley, etc., they're constantly standing up during the games and instructing their players. They're constantly giving the players pointers in the middle of games, making sure they're doing what they need to be doing, and calling plays from the sideline because they're analyzing the other team's strengths and weaknesses.

Pay attention to how many times Mike D actually stands up during the game and let me know what you find out!

How about WOODSON as head coach...Theres enough experience with Melo , Baron, and chandler to be able to give the necessary input required for success....

Wargames

Starter
How about WOODSON as head coach...Theres enough experience with Melo , Baron, and chandler to be able to give the necessary input required for success....

its just well when he was with Atlanta there whole post season was ISO based and he had roster issues..... He also suffers from many of the same issues we sh*t on D'antoni for having.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-b...son-is-out-because-hawks-have-raised-the-bar/

lastly him becoming head coach is too Isiah Thomas-esq of a choice. If anything Adelman would of been great though he sucks on Defense as well. Honestly it should come down to either a new coach from a particular tree but who knows who will be available if D'antoni doesn't deliver.

KBlack25

Starter

If you thought the Knicks played a lot of iso before, Woodson will have your eyes bleeding.

The coach of the Knicks that I believe takes us to the championship with this roster currently is not on our coaching staff.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If you thought the Knicks played a lot of iso before, Woodson will have your eyes bleeding.

The coach of the Knicks that I believe takes us to the championship with this roster currently is not on our coaching staff.

As in a certain individual, or just not any individual currently coaching?

Get me Hubie Brown.

KBlack25

Starter
Crazy⑧s;192999 said:
As in a certain individual, or just not any individual currently coaching?

Get me Hubie Brown.

I meant it this way: nobody currently on the coaching staff takes us to the championship with this roster, in my opinion. I did not have anyone specific in mind.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I meant it this way: nobody currently on the coaching staff takes us to the championship with this roster, in my opinion. I did not have anyone specific in mind.

I agree.

I believe, though it pains me to say it, that this team needs to take an approach similar to Boston's, with very deliberately run plays offensively, and a well communicated defense.

That will require a new coach, as far as I see it, and an appropriately adjusted game from Baron Davis. He can't compare to or emulate Rondo, but he can play a high % role on either end. We have a very capable defensive team that needs a whip steered HC.

In my perfect world, anyway.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;193004 said:
I agree.

I believe, though it pains me to say it, that this team needs to take an approach similar to Boston's, with very deliberately run plays offensively, and a well communicated defense.

That will require a new coach, as far as I see it, and an appropriately adjusted game from Baron Davis. He can't compare to or emulate Rondo, but he can play a high % role on either end. We have a very capable defensive team that needs a whip steered HC.

In my perfect world, anyway.
Davis will whip Rondo's butt.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;193008 said:
I seriously doubt that.

As much as we Knick fans try to slander Rondo's game, he is a top class PG, and the best player on his team.
*Holds Back From Another Rondo Rant*

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Sticking to the subject here, and to be serious, think about this re: D'Toni:

Offensive geen-yus?? - Well, what does he teach? Melo does not need any ideas from D'Toni.

Stat is stuck, does our coach try to set him up, pick & roll, set screens for him, have him roll to the basket, etc.? NO!

D'Toni was a point guard. Has he done anything to teach young Douglas how to run a team, how to spot an open lane, how to direct people to be in their best spot on the floor? NO!

Does our coach call a time out when things are going bad and switch the gameplan, let a player know how someone is beating him off of a screen, tell players to shut down the baseline and turn the other teams player back inside where a Chandler type defender can contain him? NO!

Does our coach just simply sit and watch the game and make zero adjustments? YES!

So, seriously, what benefit does he add to this or any other team? NONE!

Is Phil Jackson watching and thinking of the potential back in NYC? I think yes.