This Past Season. It's been a good one.

Choose which you'd prefer for the future:

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I know there's constant banter about the Knicks making the playoffs. To me, it's as good as a pointless argument. It's not happening. The inception of GM Donnie Walsh was one pitted solely on the not so distant future. We're all impatient, I especially am. We've been sub-mediocre for years now and I'm well & truly over it. As awesome as it'd be to be back in the playoffs, it seems at this stage of rebuilding that a first round pick is dearer to the club than a first round playoff exit courtesy of Lebron & Mo Williams. Lee and N8's futures are as in the air as the puff of smoke above Isiah Rider's head. It's all entirely unpredictable.

Harrington, Hughes, Duhon and Wilcox's contracts are all nearing conclusion & none seem worthy of being re-signed i.m.o.

Lee and Nate through their inevitable sign and trades could be shipped elsewhere. And not necessarily for trades that will better the team.

Then there's Jeffries and Curry's painful contracts. Isn't it funny how Curry's contract is to us exactly what he enjoys himself. That's right, a pain in the ass. Sorry, how often do you get to make a fag joke in basketball though really?

Still, throughout all the uncertainties of the upcoming off season, it's been a succesful year for the Knicks for a handful of reasons.

-We have $19m available for shopping in the summer of 2010.
-The salary sheet has been sliced considerabely in the IOU section.
-Nate and Lee have emerged as legit starters on any team in the league.
-Chandler's slow but steady rise gives hope for the future.
-People didn't come to support the superiority of the oppositions best player. People came to be entertained and it (at times) really showed.
-We've surpassed last years win total without a centre.
-We've proven that Mike D's teams can play D as a group. Even with some of the worst defenders in the NBA. Big call, but we all saw it.
-The locker room has, arguably, less talent, but is more functional. No skirt wearing Princesses or self obsessed coaches.
-We signed (imo) the best Coach in the game. Mike D. Basketball's coaching future at the helm of our club. You just know that players wanna be a part of the D' Antoni evolutionary revolution. All things evolved from something lesser & Mike D is the evolutionary strand of the future. **** yeah!
-Donnie Walsh is cold blooded, Methodical & Evil....Perfect

It's been a good year this year because for the first time since our first round pounding vs Jason Kidd & the Nets a few years back, the future can be thought of with real optimism.

Within 5 years we will be celebrating online here together.

This year was the first ripple of a tsunami of Knick success.

The shining lights for me were throughout the ups and downs were:

Mr. David Double Double Lee
p1_david_lee.jpg

Mr. Donnie Beelzebub Walsh
02knicks-600.jpg

Mike D Himself
dantoni392-cp.jpg

Kryptonate (late inclusion)
kryptonate-nate-robinson-shoes.jpg

And........

The Future
BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE-0.jpg

tndm_milani76478684_apr2807.jpg

And Titties!

That's the first time I've included "The Future" as a commendable since I can remember, when talking about the Knicks.

That to me is reason enough to call this season a good one.

Titties are a plus in all situations.

Go Knicks

Go Titties
5645.jpg

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
It's been a good season. Walsh promised to rebuild and get this franchise where it needs to be. He was not all words. He started to chop heads right away and got rid of some unwanted people. He showed me that he was serious. I have faith in him. He will get us where we need to be. Rome was not built in one day, all great works take time to finish. Walsh is our architect.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Must say twas a good seaon, Walsh and D'antoni never promised a playoff berth this year, i'd rather get a good draft pick this year than get crushed by the cavs, i'm expecting big things next year, I love this team til death...........

Last edited:

KryptoN8

Rookie
Nice Thread

After all is said and done and when Dantoni gets himself two legit stars that being a center and a point guard to run the show we will definitely be a title contending team, PERIOD!

He's done alot more with this group of guys then Brown &Thomas would have ever achieved. Even though Brown didn't get much of an opportunity. Dantoni and Walsh have put down a plan of rebuilding and surely have done a great job in doing so. All Knicks fans should be looking into 2010 and maybe even 2009 cause we might even pick up a player like Boozer who can definetly make this a playoff team, in the east. After that we can definetly make a strong push in 2010 to pick up that high end quality star, that NYC needs.

I honestly think that if Dantoni gets 2-3 players of equal talent like a Boozer, when healthy that is, he can bring out such high qualities in them that will make us a top 4 team in the east. Just got to find a mobile big man for this system? Maybe Tyson Chandler?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It's been a good season. Walsh promised to rebuild and get this franchise where it needs to be. He was not all words. He started to chop heads right away and got rid of some unwanted people. He showed me that he was serious. I have faith in him. He will get us where we need to be. Rome was not built in one day, all great works take time to finish. Walsh is our architect.

This sounds like something out of a tacky new york post horoscope.

This was not a good season.

1) The Injury prone, one dimensional Danilo Gallinari was drafted over:
Brook Lopez, DJ Augustin, Eric Gordon, and Anthony Randolph.

2) The Knicks got rid of the expiring contract Stephon Marbury, the 20 point, 10 rebound Zach Randolph, and the 20 point per game Crawford for bum as Larry Qughes aka Quentin Richardson's distant cousin, and Chris Wilcox who Mike D'Antoni doesn't even use.

3) It is the last week of March, and the Knicks are yet to even match Isiah Thomas' 33 win mediocore seasons.

4) Unless the Knicks win above 33 wins, this was a failure.

5) The Knicks traded the few good players on their team for a 2010 plan that most likely won't even work.

6) The Knicks still have the 10 million a year Eddy Curry, the 9 million a year Quentin Richardson, the 12.3 million a year Larry Hughes, and the 6.3 million a year Jared Jeffries.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Easily I picked trade Curry and Jefferies. More flexibility (we could wind up with a top 10 pick anyway.)If we get a top three pick we can pick a bust. If we make the playoffs we get knocked out. avi Lee plays no-D! Bosh is nice ,but that only solves one problem.

Red

TYPE-A
it's been a succesful year for the Knicks for a handful of reasons.

-We have $19m available for shopping in the summer of 2010.
-The salary sheet has been sliced considerabely in the IOU section.
-Nate and Lee have emerged as legit starters on any team in the league.
-Chandler's slow but steady rise gives hope for the future.
-People didn't come to support the superiority of the oppositions best player. People came to be entertained and it (at times) really showed.
-We've surpassed last years win total without a centre.
-We've proven that Mike D's teams can play D as a group. Even with some of the worst defenders in the NBA. Big call, but we all saw it.
-The locker room has, arguably, less talent, but is more functional. No skirt wearing Princesses or self obsessed coaches.
-We signed (imo) the best Coach in the game. Mike D. Basketball's coaching future at the helm of our club. You just know that players wanna be a part of the D' Antoni evolutionary revolution. All things evolved from something lesser & Mike D is the evolutionary strand of the future. **** yeah!
-Donnie Walsh is cold blooded, Methodical & Evil....Perfect

It's been a good year this year because for the first time since our first round pounding vs Jason Kidd & the Nets a few years back, the future can be thought of with real optimism.

?????SMH:whack::whack::whack:

I disagree

Getting rid of dead weight was the best thing. Besides that...

Curry, Jeffries and Q are useless expensive wastes whom no one wants

N8 and Lee have emerged as 2 undersized possible over hyped players who's value is best once traded for upgrades

Chandlers cool

You must find loosing entertaining

We passed last years total 23 wins by five so far, not something to be proud of (considering the stats below)

We've proven Mike D's system DOESN'T work if you can't play Defense and since you give up extra possessions and are drained from running all game you will not be able to do so on a consistent basis

If you're referring to Marbury arguably our best talent we handled it poorly and as a result got NOTHING back for him, yet another fail!

Mike D was maybe the best coach available at the time but hasn't shown me anything that impressive. His offense is basic give-and-go, pick-and-roll, pick-and-pop etc... and his defense is as well, nothing special. He hasn't shown any real marveling intangibles i.e.. improving ones game, outsmarting the opposition, isolate mismatches, calming presence etc... he had no go to plays when given multiple opportunities, he couldn't stay with a set line-up or rotations, couldn't anticipate burn out and overuse, and double-talked during interviews on plenty occasions. Don't gas it.

Bottom line...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're either 1. A championship contender 2. A playoff team 3. Doo doo, stepping stone, rebuilding or laughing stock

We are a 3.!

Have been for years.

Have some potential, but need mad work

Realistically speaking this season was another horrible one.

Put things into proper perspective:

3rd worst in points given up per game

2nd worst in opponents fg%

2nd to last in the Atlantic div.

3rd to last in the East conf.

9th worst team in the league

THE HIGHEST PAYROLL IN THE LEAGUE

Recently drafted a player with an obvious pre-existing, potentially career ending back problem, in front of a solid 7 foot center

A top 3 pick would be a God Send... these stupid motherf*ckers wouldn't even know who to pick anyway so whatever!.!.!....

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
NY Post

March 23, 2009
The Knicks season: good, bad, ugly
Well, it's that time again.

The Knicks are 3? games out of the final playoff spot with five teams in between them and the eighth seed. If you think the Knicks have any realistic chance of making the playoffs then you weren't watching this past week. But at least this year's eulogy comes a little later than usual. And the team appears to be headed in the right direction with Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni controlling the future, opposed to Isiah Thomas.

Here's a look at the first season of the new era -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

GOOD

1) Walsh accomplished what most considered his top priority: He got the team under the salary cap following the 2010 season when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire become free agents.

2) Despite all the roster shuffling, the Knicks were able to remain relatively competitive.

3) Nate Robinson and David Lee showed they can flourish in D'Antoni's run-and-gun style and could be factors in the team's future (although they may have to choose between the two).

4) Knicks rally from 12 down, win in Detroit -- success in the Motor City has been non-existent recently. But the team rallied from a double-digit, fourth-quarter deficit to top the Pistons. Making it more impressive was the fact the Knicks had won the night before in Milwaukee.

BAD

1) Danilo Gallinari's back -- The Italian rookie showed promise when he was on the floor this season, at least offensively, but his back troubles cost him the beginning part of the season and it appears they will cost him the end, too. The concern is that the injury could hamper him throughout his career.

2) Eddy Curry -- Not one to remember for Curry, who has played less than three minutes so far this season and has dealt with a lawsuit and personal tragedies.

3) Nightmare Week -- Kobe Bryant (61 points) and LeBron James (52 points, 11 assists, 9 rebounds) turned Madison Square Garden into their personal playground after the Knicks pumped up their Dream Week -- with the Lakers, Cavaliers and Celtics in town. To cap it off, the Celtics rallied in the fourth quarter to top the Knicks 110-100.

UGLY

1) Stephon Marbury -- After what most perceived as a solid training camp, Marbury was dissed opening night by D'Antoni, who kept the point guard on the bench for the entire game against the Heat. The situation quickly and predictably deteriorated, until he was eventually granted his release and signed with the Celtics.

2) Nets and Kings 236, Knicks 183 -- After an impressive 3-1 road trip, which included the aforementioned win in Detroit, the Knicks returned home Wednesday with the final Eastern Conference playoff spot in their sights and two very winnable games at the Garden. The Nets were without Devin Harris, and the Kings, well, do they really have to be missing anybody? New Jersey embarrassed the Knicks 115-89 then Sacramento came in and one-upped them. The Kings jumped out to a 15-0 lead and won 121-94, earning their only win of the season against an Eastern Conference opponent.

Just to emphasize how bad the Kings are -- in their next game they returned to Sacramento to face the 76ers and were trailing 69-43 at halftime before losing 112-100.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This sounds like something out of a tacky new york post horoscope.

This was not a good season.

1) The Injury prone, one dimensional Danilo Gallinari was drafted over:
Brook Lopez, DJ Augustin, Eric Gordon, and Anthony Randolph.

2) The Knicks got rid of the expiring contract Stephon Marbury, the 20 point, 10 rebound Zach Randolph, and the 20 point per game Crawford for bum as Larry Qughes aka Quentin Richardson's distant cousin, and Chris Wilcox who Mike D'Antoni doesn't even use.

3) It is the last week of March, and the Knicks are yet to even match Isiah Thomas' 33 win mediocore seasons.

4) Unless the Knicks win above 33 wins, this was a failure.

5) The Knicks traded the few good players on their team for a 2010 plan that most likely won't even work.

6) The Knicks still have the 10 million a year Eddy Curry, the 9 million a year Quentin Richardson, the 12.3 million a year Larry Hughes, and the 6.3 million a year Jared Jeffries.
And why won't the 2010 plan work exactly? Please enlighten us.

If you miss Gaybury & Crawford as well as Z Bo's massive contract, you need a lobotomy.

jpz17

Starter
Curry & Jeffries contracts are traded.

I'd give any chance of making it next year in order to empty out another max contract.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
And why won't the 2010 plan work exactly? Please enlighten us.

If you miss Gaybury & Crawford as well as Z Bo's massive contract, you need a lobotomy.

Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star, and he had an expiring contract at the time. Refusing to use him and letting him go for nothing was clearly a stupid move. What exactly did the Knicks get out of the Marbury buyout? Oh, yeah, nothing.

Jamal Crawford is one dimensional, but the one thing he knows how to do is score points. He was playing well in D'Antoni's system, and the team was winning.

Zach Randolph is one of the 10 best power forwards in the NBA. To trade Randolph for Cuttino Mobley(who retired) and Tim Thomas(who was traded for Larry Hughes) is ludicrous.

Rather than trading those players, Donnie Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry with David Lee for expiring contracts and a draft pick. He should have also drafted Brook Lopez, on draft night.

The Knicks would have made the playoffs this year, had they had a starting lineup of
PG 2x All Star, Veteran Marbury
SG 20 ppg Crawford
SF Young and talented Chandler
PF 20 point, 10 rebound, elite power forward Randolph
C potential All Star, skilled scorer, shotblocking Lopez

instead of

PG Duhon aka bench player
SG Hughes aka Mickey Mouse
SF Chandler
PF Harrington aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a small forward
C Lee aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a power forward.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
?????SMH:whack::whack::whack:

I disagree

Getting rid of dead weight was the best thing. Besides that...

Curry, Jeffries and Q are useless expensive wastes whom no one wants

N8 and Lee have emerged as 2 undersized possible over hyped players who's value is best once traded for upgrades

Chandlers cool

You must find loosing entertaining

We passed last years total 23 wins by five so far, not something to be proud of (considering the stats below)

We've proven Mike D's system DOESN'T work if you can't play Defense and since you give up extra possessions and are drained from running all game you will not be able to do so on a consistent basis

If you're referring to Marbury arguably our best talent we handled it poorly and as a result got NOTHING back for him, yet another fail!

Mike D was maybe the best coach available at the time but hasn't shown me anything that impressive. His offense is basic give-and-go, pick-and-roll, pick-and-pop etc... and his defense is as well, nothing special. He hasn't shown any real marveling intangibles i.e.. improving ones game, outsmarting the opposition, isolate mismatches, calming presence etc... he had no go to plays when given multiple opportunities, he couldn't stay with a set line-up or rotations, couldn't anticipate burn out and overuse, and double-talked during interviews on plenty occasions. Don't gas it.

Bottom line...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're either 1. A championship contender 2. A playoff team 3. Doo doo, stepping stone, rebuilding or laughing stock

We are a 3.!

Have been for years.

Have some potential, but need mad work

Realistically speaking this season was another horrible one.

Put things into proper perspective:

3rd worst in points given up per game

2nd worst in opponents fg%

2nd to last in the Atlantic div.

3rd to last in the East conf.

9th worst team in the league

THE HIGHEST PAYROLL IN THE LEAGUE

Recently drafted a player with an obvious pre-existing, potentially career ending back problem, in front of a solid 7 foot center

A top 3 pick would be a God Send... these stupid motherf*ckers wouldn't even know who to pick anyway so whatever!.!.!....
Wave your stats around. How could you possibly expected any more?

Do you recall what Mike D was handed as coach. A line up of complete muppets. Isiah put his faith in a pack of retards - Mebury, Crawful & Curry and in addition signed a humongous contract in Z Bo somehow believing in his arrogance that he was putting together a juggernaut. What a ****wit!
Mike D was handed a lemon of a team. He chucked out as many turds as he could (& what team in their right mind would give something for Shitbury?)
and made do in the mean time. Any more would be a monumental achievement.

So, how about I hand you a dog turd (much like the team Mike D received), expect you to turn it into a birthday cake, & cry like a lady when you don't. Seems fair under such persecution.

Not once did I say we were a good team. Nor even hinted on it. I've said in innumerable posts that the Knicks are a crap (doo doo? wtf?) team.

And you say I must enjoy losing? Well, I don't. But, I do enjoy a little optimism after what can only be referred to as a good season, considering the fact that 80% of the shit we didn't need, we got rid of.

Anyone who is still sore after another losing season had expectations bigger than their own idiocy. Wash the sand out of your vaginas & realize that the future is brighter now thanks solely to the management.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star,:boohoo: and he had an expiring contract at the time. Refusing to use him and letting him go for nothing was clearly a stupid move. What exactly did the Knicks get out of the Marbury buyout? Oh, yeah, nothing.

Jamal Crawford is one dimensional, but the one thing he knows how to do is score points. He was playing well in D'Antoni's system, and the team was winning.

Zach Randolph is one of the 10 best power forwards in the NBA. To trade Randolph for Cuttino Mobley(who retired) and Tim Thomas(who was traded for Larry Hughes) is ludicrous.

Rather than trading those players, Donnie Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry with David Lee for expiring contracts and a draft pick. He should have also drafted Brook Lopez, on draft night.:boohoo:

The Knicks would have made the playoffs this year, had they had a starting lineup of
PG 2x All Star, Veteran Marbury :barf:
SG 20 ppg Crawford :barf:
SF Young and talented Chandler
PF 20 point, 10 rebound, elite power forward Randolph :barf: overpaid?!!!!
C potential All Star, skilled scorer, shotblocking Lopez :boohoo:

instead of

PG Duhon aka bench player :agreed:
SG Hughes aka Mickey Mouse :agreed:
SF Chandler
PF Harrington aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a small forward Agreed
C Lee aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a power forward.

:alert:BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG:alert:

Jesus Christ dude. How can you type competently with Marbury's nuts in your hand?

And he's playing SO ****ing well for the Celtics too.

Let go of him and his overpaid testicles.

We cleared these fools out so we could make the future something to look forward to.

That playoff line up of yours was a bust. Crap guards & players that don't even nor ever will play for us. 2 black holes in Crawful & Z Bo. How would Wilson Chandler ever have progressed with those Maggots & Mebury on the floor?

Again you vicariously live your depression through assumptions about the Knicks being lead by your Homolord Marbury.

The Celtics only took him on cos they had no other choice. And look what he's done for them. As much as he did for the Knicks

NOTHING!

jimkcchief88

All Star
This season has been no surprise for me at least. History told us that when D'antoni showed up, Steph was out. We did nothing to improve the team just made a bunch of lateral moves for cap room like Crawford for Harrington. We had some pleasant surprises like the progression of D Lee. and N8, but Danillo was a big wiff in the 1st round. That is the most troubling thing to me. You cannot rebuild a team missing on lottery picks and that whole thing smacked of nepotism to me. The quick exit back to Italy where they can keep a lid on things is very troubling. Hopefully there are no more son's of guys D'antoni was roomates with while playing in Italy coming out in this year's draft. Throw in all of E-city's probs and the Steph saga and we would win the Championship if it was based on drama. My worry is that while everyone is pointing to 2010, what legit star would want to walk into the mess known as the New York Knicks??? Even the Celts, as bad as they were for many years, had the stabilizing force known as Paul Pierce, which was something to build on. This team has nothing like that.

LeFlume

All Star
No offense abcd but you need to broaden your horizon homie. What you see is the "little picture" - should have, should have, should have. Brook Lopez have been great for The Nets. No doubt, but remember that Tractor Traylor was traded straight up for Dirk Nowitzki. Some players are late bloomers and some dissapear after 1 or 2 good season.

Donnie Walsh has given this team a chance to be really good in 1-2 years. People are talking about The Knicks again. This LeBron buz have been nothing but great for the organisation. If he didn't made the moves that he made - we would have gone nowhere in the next 5-6 years. Walsh has given us a chance.

That he could get rid of Z-Boo and Crawford's contracts was nothing less than a miracle. Knicks didn't have any player that other teams wanted at the start of this season. Marbury - I'm not even gonna comment on that idiot. So much talent and so little brain. He ruined his own career and a possible Hall Of Fame spot, and for what? pride? no for "the little picture"

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
nice thread. love me some titties:)

i feel this was a very productive season. we developed our young talent that would of otherwise have sat on the bench with our past coaches. everybody should be aware that this is a rebuilding year, which meant that we weren't going to win many games. when the Knicks started winning, we should have taken that as a bonus. nothing more. so i say :beer: to this season that brought us many joys. like being competitive for about 95% of the games we played (last year was about 10%). as well as the cap moves that bring us hope for a better Knick future.

Red

TYPE-A
Wave your stats around. How could you possibly expected any more?

Do you recall what Mike D was handed as coach. A line up of complete muppets. Isiah put his faith in a pack of retards - Mebury, Crawful & Curry and in addition signed a humongous contract in Z Bo somehow believing in his arrogance that he was putting together a juggernaut. What a ****wit!
Mike D was handed a lemon of a team. He chucked out as many turds as he could (& what team in their right mind would give something for Shitbury?)
and made do in the mean time. Any more would be a monumental achievement.

So, how about I hand you a dog turd (much like the team Mike D received), expect you to turn it into a birthday cake, & cry like a lady when you don't. Seems fair under such persecution.

Not once did I say we were a good team. Nor even hinted on it. I've said in innumerable posts that the Knicks are a crap (doo doo? wtf?) team.

And you say I must enjoy losing? Well, I don't. But, I do enjoy a little optimism after what can only be referred to as a good season, considering the fact that 80% of the shit we didn't need, we got rid of.

Anyone who is still sore after another losing season had expectations bigger than their own idiocy. Wash the sand out of your vaginas & realize that the future is brighter now thanks solely to the management.

Dude... Getting rid of overblown contracts GOOD. Still losing BAD. F*cked up draft pick BAD. No planning in Marbury saga BAD. Stats (men & women lie, numbers don't) BAD. Acquiring more garbage players BAD. THIS was a bad season imo. Pro's & Con's my dude, Pro's and Con's.

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy8... So if we perform the same next year you will be saying the same thing? C'mon we are talking about THIS season not what's to come, we can rate those after they happen. We achieved nothing we couldn't of last year with Thomas and Layden. The same useless up/down garbage another year. Put things into perspective. You think I'm going to make an excuse when we have the HIGHEST payroll in the league. When we now have a record 8 yrs under .500? And you got nerve to say what... that b/c we made moves for the future although we are one of the worse teams in the NBA that it's good? Sorry but mixing up future optimism with present realism is PATHETIC and compounded by your seemingly brainwashed underachieving expectations. You sound like a weak, spineless sheep made to think normal roster moves and inexcusable losing is "good". Newsflash Jelly Fish- unless you win more than you lose it can't be considered good. F*ck is this little league "at least we were entertained" sh*t????

Red

TYPE-A
Anyone who is still sore after another losing season had expectations bigger than their own idiocy. Wash the sand out of your vaginas & realize that the future is brighter now thanks solely to the management.</b>

So let me get this straight... you came into the season "expecting" the Knicks to NOT have a winning record? LOL!!!! You must be a JETS fan! In other words you expect to lose!!!! No wonder you think it was a good season. Where is your fight? Your unwillingness to stand for this atorscity? Your guile to combat these unacceptable performances? Jesus when is enough enough? Grow a pair please. I know our opinions differ but to exagerate the outcome is ludicrous. By your standards losing is ok if you trade bad contracts. Will that remain next yr. How about the yr after when we are going for 10 straight losing seasons? Will that be ok? When is enough enough? Stop making excuses. Your like a battered and raped girl. Stop making excuses, act like u got a pair and fight. THIS WAS NOT A GOOD SEASON! Sure we made ok moves but in terms of WINNING & LOSING WE FAILED!