Knicks V Boston - Mon, Jan 7: Out with the old, in with the older.

metrocard

Legend
KG's antics on the court are elementary and shameless. It's more pathetic than flopping and if this wasn't the NBA, KG would be dead on the court with a bible next to him.

as true as that may be, Pierceclit/Garknee showed they know how to play the mental game,
you can't take that away from them.

Melo showed he can't take the diss "Lala tastes like honey nut cheerios", and he is personally
responsible for losing a key game to an EC opponent.

i've re-checked myself and I feel the same way. Melo needs to grow up. The Clit and the Knee will
forever be enemies of the O&B, ala Reggie Millears, but they have proven to come thru in the clutch
over and over. whatever.
I get where you're coming from with the mental aspect being a big part of the game. However I don't care who you are, there are just somethings that can be said to trigger someone, and you just don't let that type of **** go unchecked. Like Garnett saying something about Tim Duncan's mother just a month after she passed. That's uncalled for and if David Stern is as concerned about the league's image like everyone says he is then something should happen to Kevin Garnett, because he damnsure has a history of instigating things. But nooo somehow he has a respected reputation amoungst the league and media and heralded as such a warrior blahh blahh. If Melo gets suspended for trying to defend the honor of his wife, and nothing happened they didn't come to blows or anything then KG should be suspended as well. If not another player will just take the justice into his own hands and lay KG out. There is absolutely no way KG gets away with this **** in the 90's, we need to get back to those days

metrocard

Legend
I get where you're coming from with the mental aspect being a big part of the game. However I don't care who you are, there are just somethings that can be said to trigger someone, and you just don't let that type of **** go unchecked. Like Garnett saying something about Tim Duncan's mother just a month after she passed. That's uncalled for and if David Stern is as concerned about the league's image like everyone says he is then something should happen to Kevin Garnett, because he damnsure has a history of instigating things. But nooo somehow he has a respected reputation amoungst the league and media and heralded as such a warrior blahh blahh. If Melo gets suspended for trying to defend the honor of his wife, and nothing happened they didn't come to blows or anything then KG should be suspended as well. If not another player will just take the justice into his own hands and lay KG out. There is absolutely no way KG gets away with this **** in the 90's, we need to get back to those days

This is exactly why KG has to be warned. He's been allowed to this all his career, it's as bad as punching someone in the face...KG has no limits for delivering disrespectful. It's not mind games but being a punk. KG knows he's protected by his surroundings and knows if it arises beyond words that he won't look as guilty because he "lured" his man into those kind of actions. It's a snake type behavior, and a piece of **** move by KG and people like KG.

Mike Tyson - "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Last edited:

deamon

Benchwarmer
Yup, do your Zinedine Zidane, no matter your team lost opportunity to win champion, you won your own war.
You can fight at your neighbourhood, at your street, as sport star you should keep cool and help your team.
If someone like Garnett or Materazzi says some trash to you, say quietly something worse to them. Don't scream and don't behave like frustrated teenager or villager. Provocation is part of it, and it's nothing knew, so calm down and play your best.

Yup, do your Zinedine Zidane, no matter your team lost opportunity to win champion, you won your own war.
You can fight at your neighbourhood, at your street, as sport star you should keep cool and help your team.
If someone like Garnett or Materazzi says some trash to you, say quietly something worse to them. Don't scream and don't behave like frustrated teenager or villager.
You act like "sport star" is a different kind of human being. I don't care who you are EVERYONE has there limits. and being in a heated physical competitive game like that I don't see how it is soo easy just to invoke your inner buddism and turn the other cheek. I know thats what you SHOULD do, but I can't see fault with anyone having a natural reaction to another person crossing the line

Kiyaman

Legend
You act like "sport star" is a different kind of human being. I don't care who you are EVERYONE has there limits. and being in a heated physical competitive game like that I don't see how it is soo easy just to invoke your inner buddism and turn the other cheek. I know thats what you SHOULD do, but I can't see fault with anyone having a natural reaction to another person crossing the line

we can see u never played H.S b.ball for a scholarship .. the best trash-talking are an oponent making your own teammates look-twice at u .. holdin their laughter if u have no comeback .. verbal/mental/or physical

we can see u never played H.S b.ball for a scholarship .. the best trash-talking are an oponent making your own teammates look-twice at u .. holdin their laughter if u have no comeback .. verbal/mental/or physical
I'm saying theres a point where it stops being trash-talk and it starts being invites for a fight. That's my point. Contrary to your belief I have played high school ball for a scholarship and my mindset doesn't change. I understand as a competitor you say stuff to get in your opponent's head, but keep it about the game/team. The moment you bring in family you have demonstrated a level of disrespect that needs to be checked. It's amazing how many people know what Melo should have done, but most of you guys here know if that was you in that situation, you'd most likely be facing a suspension for going after KG.

KingCharles34

All Star
I wonder how Mrs. Garnett feels about his comments. Its a damn shame, hes got a little girl too. KG is insecure about his basketball skills and abilities, always has been. Thats why he has to resort to these tactics. All the sh*t he said to Duncan over the years, the mothers day comment and another game where he slapped duncan in the back of the head and ran away....Duncan never talked trash. He just whooped Garnetts ass on the court, 44 and 17 all time against him. I think Carmelo learned a valuable lesson, it takes man to admit when hes wrong. Im proud of Melo for saying he got to emotional even though it is understandable. Chandler also shouldnt be letting a rookie get under his skin, a few other players have been able to do this as well. You gotta be the bigger man and win on the court. Then talk trash after the game. Speaking of talking trash, i dont know why all these Boston fans are gassed up. They're still in 8th place, 6 games behind us. We're a half game behind the Heat for 1st place

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Pathetic the amount of folks jumping off the bandwagon.

those same folks better keep off the fookin bandwagon when we're rolling in the spring. Did people think the Knicks were going to end up with 70 wins? Adversity is inevitable, it's the best thing that can happen to any team with aspirations of success in the spring. Knicks now in that situation, I have no doubt we'll be better for it come the playoffs.

Funny some "fans" demand this team man up in face of adversity yet they all but have losing in sweep come the playoffs.... smh!!!!

Nobody expected 60 or 70 wins. But we are here to discuss performance of our team, and if you dont see a problem with our offense and especially defense, then you are either blind or dont understand the game of bball.

elcol

Rotation player
as true as that may be, Pierceclit/Garknee showed they know how to play the mental game,
you can't take that away from them.

Melo showed he can't take the diss "Lala tastes like honey nut cheerios", and he is personally
responsible for losing a key game to an EC opponent.

i've re-checked myself and I feel the same way. Melo needs to grow up. The Clit and the Knee will
forever be enemies of the O&B, ala Reggie Millears, but they have proven to come thru in the clutch
over and over. whatever.

Melo was off since the start of the game, I think it actually helped him get INTO it at least. Why are you giving them credit?

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm saying theres a point where it stops being trash-talk and it starts being invites for a fight. That's my point. Contrary to your belief I have played high school ball for a scholarship and my mindset doesn't change. I understand as a competitor you say stuff to get in your opponent's head, but keep it about the game/team. The moment you bring in family you have demonstrated a level of disrespect that needs to be checked. It's amazing how many people know what Melo should have done, but most of you guys here know if that was you in that situation, you'd most likely be facing a suspension for going after KG.

There's a method in life called .. first-time last-time .. are u familiar with the method?

RobLow ..is familiar with that method, "dude tells me had sex with my wife and mother of my child he's getting his jaw shattered.".

I am clueless on the topic KG & Melo were trash talkin to each other about .. are u sure u know what they were saying? this gossip-rumor of KG trash-talking about Melo's wife, annnd KG wasnt knocked into the stands, or elbow to the face, or accidently kicked in the jewel, or tripped/stomped two or three times for dissrespecting the next man wife .. got me on hold .. Why? because KG wouldve been made a big example on the court and off the court.
Or is Melo PUdddddy

For me to believe KG were steady trash talking about Melo's wife, and all Melo did was get into a hug match that got both technicals .. My ex-wife would expect me to collect a Flagrant -2, 3, 4, and 5 plus get bailed-out.

Do u recall it was Boston's offense that kept running the same play all 4 quarters that kept switchin Melo to defend KG .. Melo had plenty of oportunities to run into KG with a high elbow on any of those switches.

Melo shot 6 for 26, plus Boston small-man defense outscored us in 3 quarters ....
looks to me like KG had plenty of trash-talking to do about the MVP Melo Knicks with the return of Fire extinguisher Stat, or how Boston swept us in the postseason, or how Melo made Billups, and Lin era with the Knicks short, plus how's the relation with teammate Camby who believe Melo had a lot to do with his trade to the Clippers.

metrocard

Legend
I wonder how Mrs. Garnett feels about his comments. Its a damn shame, hes got a little girl too. KG is insecure about his basketball skills and abilities, always has been. Thats why he has to resort to these tactics. All the sh*t he said to Duncan over the years, the mothers day comment and another game where he slapped duncan in the back of the head and ran away....Duncan never talked trash. He just whooped Garnetts ass on the court, 44 and 17 all time against him. I think Carmelo learned a valuable lesson, it takes man to admit when hes wrong. Im proud of Melo for saying he got to emotional even though it is understandable. Chandler also shouldnt be letting a rookie get under his skin, a few other players have been able to do this as well. You gotta be the bigger man and win on the court. Then talk trash after the game. Speaking of talking trash, i dont know why all these Boston fans are gassed up. They're still in 8th place, 6 games behind us. We're a half game behind the Heat for 1st place

Post of the year.