203999.png
203124.png

203914.png
201584.png

2749.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Denver NuggetsNew York Knicks
Emmanuel Mudiay ? Low Back Pain (QUEST)Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (DOUBT)
Kenneth Faried ? Right Ankle Sprain (OUT)Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (DOUBT)
Danilo Gallinari ? Left Groin Strain (OUT)-

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- Madison Square Garden is recognized as "the world's most famous arena," but when the New York Knicks play there it's turned into a circus-like atmosphere.

The Knicks (22-32) hope to restore order on Friday when they host the Denver Nuggets (23-29) two nights after former Knicks' star Charles Oakley was removed and arrested at the Garden for allegedly screaming at Knicks owner James Dolan during the first quarter of the contest with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Knicks went on to lose 119-115 for the 13th time in the last 18 games.

Dolan instructed security to have Oakley removed, but the former power forward and crowd favorite, had to be restrained by several security guards, striking several of them on his way out of the arena.

According to the New York City Police Department, Oakley, 54, was charged with three counts of assault for hitting security guards and criminal trespassing. Oakley has been out of favor with the Knicks management in recent years for his criticism of the team.

Earlier in the week, Knicks President Phil Jackson took to Twitter to criticize forward Carmelo Anthony, who has been the subject of various trade reports, and in early January star point guard Derrick Rose went AWOL, missing one game while back in his hometown of Chicago.

The off-the-court proceedings haven't come as a shock to first-year coach Jeff Hornacek.

"I kind of, not was warned, but it was expected that it was going to be something all the time," Hornacek said. "And it's lived up to the billing. It's been something all year."

The Knicks are 0-3 in their current five-game homestand -- the longest of the season.

The Nuggets come into the Garden a little banged up. Power forward Kenneth Faried had to leave the first quarter of Wednesday's 117-106 loss to the Atlanta Hawks with a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative and Faried is questionable against the Knicks.

Forward Danilo Gallinari, who was dealt to Denver from the Knicks as part of a three-team trade in 2011 that included Anthony, has been sidelined with a strained groin the past four games. Gallinari leads the Nuggets in scoring and minutes played.

Guard Emmanuel Mudiay is also not expected to suit up on Friday. He's missed the past two games with a lingering back injury. Mudiay, 20, was selected by Denver in the first round of the 2015 draft -- three spots behind the Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis.

Center Nikola Jokic is enjoying a breakout season in Denver. Over the last 29 games, the second-year center from Serbia has posted 19 double-doubles and the first triple-double of his young career. He is averaging 19.3 points, 9.6 rebounds and five assists on 62 percent shooting from the field during this stretch.

"Nikola Jokic will not only be an all-star, he'll be an all-NBA player one day," Nuggets coach Mike Malone told the Denver Post. "I believe that in my heart."

(cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Nice Game Thread .... Denver Nuggets young center Nikola Jokic has turned out to be a dynamic double-double bigman .. the Nuggets are building a winning future in young players Jokic/Mudiay/Faried.

I wonder if the Nuggets are interested in getting back Melo for Gallo n Chandler

Thanks for the great game thread, Rady.

Yeah, 3 posts is about the interest this team is worth on the court at the moment.

We came to play on the offensive end tonight and Denver's defense is bad, but so is our defense. We lead 66 - 64 at the half.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
It's easy to see when the knicks made their run with the bench, then Jeff substituted with Rose Melo and Lee and we struggle on offense and defense.

tiger0330

Legend
Mid range jumper by Jokic and then some nice footwork in the post on that hook shot against KP. Big men are supposed to have that kind of game because they get taught that when they're kids. What happened with KP?

Who is better Jokic or Porzingis? Jokic plays like I think KP should play.

I think they're very different players. Jokic is much more efficient on offense and shoots a much higher FG%. Jokic isn't a shot blocker like KP at all. Jokic is a considerably better passer. If you had both of them on the same team, you'd start them together.

When all is said and done, I love KP's ceiling, but if I wanted someone to help me win right now, I'd take Jokic

Jokic hits a 3 showing 3 pt range. Wally is going crazy over this kid.

Jokic is having a huge night and is a very good player, but I think Wally is forgetting how much our defense can make just about anyone look like a future Hall of Famer

tiger0330

Legend
Spin move, drop step, left and right hand hook shot. Don't know how many times I've posted the Knicks should teach him and they spend all summer teaching him how to dribble. Not impressed with Horn and that coaching staff.

Real special terrible 3rd quarter our guys just played and now we're down by 12. We've allowed 100 points in 3 quarters.

tiger0330

Legend
100-88 after 3. Knicks were up by 10 early and had a 2 pt lead at the half but he hapless Knicks get outscored 36-22 in the 3rd.

tiger0330

Legend
Denver ain't that good and Gallo, Faried and Mudiay arent even playing. Last time we played them they scored 64 pts in the paint. Today without Faried they have 56 points in the paint.

100-88 after 3. Knicks were up by 10 early and had a 2 pt lead at the half but he hapless Knicks get outscored 36-22 in the 3rd.

We stink. If this had been the game where they threw Oakley out, fans would have cheered Dolan for doing Oak a favor

Broadway

All Star
Not watching the game but I do remember speaking highly of Jokic and Turner during their rookie campaigns last yr. Jokic is the real deal and I don't think he realizes how good he truly is yet. He just became a full time starter like a little over a month ago

Still wish Chandler was still a Knick!

Looks like we're dropping another game to another not so good team, which is the more telling issue. I'm not surprised. I am concerned(lol) this team will fail to meet my lofty 36-46 record though.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
It's obvious we are tanking, with this biddie ball defensive effort.
Jokic is good , but we re making him look like a 1st team all NBA player

Broadway

All Star
It's obvious we are tanking, with this biddie ball defensive effort.
Jokic is good , but we re making him look like a 1st team all NBA player

We're not tanking, we're naturally and absolutely dreadful and we have a team full of quitters. If we were tanking a couple vets wouldn't be starting, possibly even DNPd, and playing no more than 24min/gm, kids would play heavy minutes every night.

I don't think we're losing on purpose, but I will say this, if we drop this game, we will be tied for the 6th most losses in the entire league. Even without tanking, this team is so bad right now that if this keeps up for the rest of the season, we could be easily looking at a top 5 lottery pick.

That's how bad this team has become.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
We're not tanking, we're naturally and absolutely dreadful and we have a team full of quitters. If we were tanking a couple vets wouldn't be starting, possibly even DNPd, and playing no more than 24min/gm, kids would play heavy minutes every night.

Ha Ha we are tanking because those vets can't play defense against the Nuggets