It can't be long now, right.

Paul1355

All Star
How long do you guys think antoni has left?Seriously.
depends on Davis...

Baron Davis might save his job

If Davis stays healthy we can make the playoffs and we'll see.

If we don't go past the first round playoffs with a decent regular season, then Mike D still gets fired.

I we are below .500 by allstar break, Mike D SHOULD be fired.

everyone expected this Knick team to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the East and the coaching staff has been terrible.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Thought the thread was about our team gelling or BD's return

While I'm on the fence about Dantoni, this was not his loss, The Suns didnt out play us tonight, we simply beat ourselves!

We missed a ton of free throws, had that one possession where we allowed this horrible rebounding team to grab 2 offensive rebounds at the end of the game, Stat was runnin over people on offense and getting blown by on D and Melo blew two wide open layups.....end result we lose by 3....can't blame the coach!

The dumbest thing we can do in a season where we are lacking continuity is to bring in a new coach!

All brining in a new coach at this point would do is add to the excuses about a bad season!

We are going to gel! Mark my words!

Look if we finish at the bottom half of the playoffs and get swept out or handled pretty good in the first round, then Dantoni is a goner!

fender0577

Rotation player
Thought the thread was about our team gelling or BD's return

We are going to gel! Mark my words!
I don't think BD is going to save us, and i hope your right about us gelling.Antoni is like an old car, you fix one thing and something else breaks, it's becoming the snowball effect.

KingofNy

Starter
depends on Davis...

Baron Davis might save his job

If Davis stays healthy we can make the playoffs and we'll see.

If we don't go past the first round playoffs with a decent regular season, then Mike D still gets fired.

I we are below .500 by allstar break, Mike D SHOULD be fired.

everyone expected this Knick team to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the East and the coaching staff has been terrible.

I'm sure Antoni is banking on Davis to buy him another 5 years of coaching in the NBA like Steve Nash bought him the last 10 years. He is a joke of a coach and I really don't have fun watching them play anymore.

I spend more time yelling at the coach and typing my frustrations on this board than I do enjoying the game. My wife can't even sit in the same room with me and she used to watch all their games even during the worse of times. BUT, this is WORSE than those days because at least back then we had HOPE, now we have good playing and a coaching staff that couldn't get an ALL-STAR team to score more than 85 points in a game. Coaches are supposed to make stars better, MDA kills our stars.

KingofNy

Starter
He'll be fired after we lose to the Heat without Dwayne Wade...

Hell....half of our opponents we played so far this season have been missing their stars and we still got smoked. I'm at the point I wish I had Time Warner Cable so I wouldn't have to subject myself to this garbage @ss coach. I swear it ruins the next 48 hours for me. It's one thing to play good and lose, but to watch a coach run some of the best superstars in the league into the ground really pisses me off beyond belief.

Hell....half of our opponents we played so far this season have been missing their stars and we still got smoked. I'm at the point I wish I had Time Warner Cable so I wouldn't have to subject myself to this garbage @ss coach. I swear it ruins the next 48 hours for me. It's one thing to play good and lose, but to watch a coach run some of the best superstars in the league into the ground really pisses me off beyond belief.

All throughout my life basketball coaches have clamored for talented big men in order to put them down in the paint and positively effect the outcome of the games they play in. Both offensively and defensively.

WHEN DID THIS CHANGE?

What other coach in the NBA has their bigs 15ft away from the basket for almost the entire game?

If someone could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe the game has passed me by.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm sure Antoni is banking on Davis to buy him another 5 years of coaching in the NBA like Steve Nash bought him the last 10 years. He is a joke of a coach and I really don't have fun watching them play anymore.

I spend more time yelling at the coach and typing my frustrations on this board than I do enjoying the game. My wife can't even sit in the same room with me and she used to watch all their games even during the worse of times. BUT, this is WORSE than those days because at least back then we had HOPE, now we have good playing and a coaching staff that couldn't get an ALL-STAR team to score more than 85 points in a game. Coaches are supposed to make stars better, MDA kills our stars.
i hope Mike D doesnt cause your marriage to be in jeopardy lol jk but I fel your frustration, i have been yelling at my screen for years and have been barking at people to see this guy as a fraud of a coach.

We might go on a winning streak randomly and start winning but when it comes to playoff time, Mike D has failed. Even with his great Suns teams, they could never do anything special in the playoffs.
Without defense you will never win a ring, and when your known as an offensive "genius" and your offense is terrible with two all stars, then your terrible at coaching and over rated.

quiggle

Starter
well first off the New York Rangers are doing well so they will bring the revenue excitement and leadership to keep Dolan happy, Knicks can take a back seat.

second dantoni stays the rest of the season, no its not to run out the contract but it is the perfect way to soil his record by piling more losses, this is what the point of Larry brown when he is here. when you dont perform well under Dolan he will not fire you to make him look bad no, he will hang you out to dry to incur your own self defeats and make you look bad not on his terms

skisloper

Starter
Denver comes to the Garden Saturday night.

I think if Denver blows out the Knicks which we all know is possible then I think Sunday Dantonio is fired.

fender0577

Rotation player
All throughout my life basketball coaches have clamored for talented big men in order to put them down in the paint and positively effect the outcome of the games they play in. Both offensively and defensively.

WHEN DID THIS CHANGE?

What other coach in the NBA has their bigs 15ft away from the basket for almost the entire game?

If someone could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe the game has passed me by.
No, it hasn't, iv'e never seen anything like it,it's like he refuses to try to develop any of his players beyond what they are, or put them in position(developing plays to match there talent)to succeed.This guy is a joke.

Denver comes to the Garden Saturday night.

I think if Denver blows out the Knicks which we all know is possible then I think Sunday Dantonio is fired.
God!!I hope your right, i never want to see us lose, but i'm starting to lean that way.I can't bare to watch this anymore, but i have to watch the damn knicks.

LeFlume

All Star
He's the longest-tenured Knick Head Coach since Jeff Van Gundy. Third behind Pat Riley. & JVG since Hubie Brown were coaching the Knicks in the 80's. MDA has become a Knick institution :boohoo:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think management at the very least will allow him to coach the team with B Diddy. Hopefully we start resembling a playoff team at that point but it will be hard to watch Antoni getting happy and confident again with a possibility of being extended if we actually start improving.

In clonclusion, I say if the team still shows signs of flaw when BD comes back then Antoni will be fired almost immediately. It's tough watching these games now because you want them to win BUT you also want Antoni gone, so when they lose, you hope it helps to get him replaced, which is what most of us want. Tough angle.