{\Stephon Starbury/} (The Individual You Do not Know And Prefer To Dislike)

quiggle

Starter
not me personally but there are a lot of purist and superstitious fans out there. look at the flak they gave LaTroy Hawkings for wearing Paul O"neill's 21 last year.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
I don't really care what Stephon Marbury does or did off the court. How does selling $15 sneakers help the Knicks on the court? Marbury was brought here to be the PG. To be the leader. To be the face of the franchise. And what did he do? Come on MSG, tell us, what did he do? He disgraced the uniform, thats what he did!

And this is not a 'haterbury' talking. Marbury had my full support when he first got here. I was so excited when he came here from Phoenix. I remember running to MSG after work trying to get tickets to his first home game against Houston. A few weeks after that, I bought TWO Marbury authentic jersey's. I went to war with people on message boards who trashed Marbury and warned that he would be a failure. Marbury was one of my boys.

And he embarrassed and disappointed me as a diehard fan. No, the losing was not all his fault. Isiah Thomas, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Jerome James and Larry Brown were at fault too. But you don't see people blaming David Lee for example for the losing. Why? Because Lee just shuts up and plays. And he's a young player. Marbury was supposed to be the veteran. And what did he do? He faught with ALL of his coaches. He faught with a lot of teammates. Instead of being a leader to a young player like Lee, he sat on the bench with a towel on his head and didn't even cheer on teammates on some plays when the entire team was off the bench rooting their asses off. I'm not even going to get into his drunk interviews where he called his own wife a ho' and talked about kissing his sister.

The bottom line, Marbury made his own bed. Four teams are not insane. This is not a case where a good person is being unfairly picked on. Marbury caused all this. His reputation is his own fault. Those 2 authentic jersey's I bought back in 2004 are in a landfill somewhere. As a diehard Knicks fan, I HATE Marbury and wish him nothing but the worst.

quiggle

Starter
when this first came out I brought seven copies because I thought it was going to be a collectors item

marburyESPN.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I don't really care what Stephon Marbury does or did off the court. How does selling $15 sneakers help the Knicks on the court? Marbury was brought here to be the PG. To be the leader. To be the face of the franchise. And what did he do? Come on MSG, tell us, what did he do? He disgraced the uniform, thats what he did!

And this is not a 'haterbury' talking. Marbury had my full support when he first got here. I was so excited when he came here from Phoenix. I remember running to MSG after work trying to get tickets to his first home game against Houston. A few weeks after that, I bought TWO Marbury authentic jersey's. I went to war with people on message boards who trashed Marbury and warned that he would be a failure. Marbury was one of my boys.

And he embarrassed and disappointed me as a diehard fan. No, the losing was not all his fault. Isiah Thomas, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Jerome James and Larry Brown were at fault too. But you don't see people blaming David Lee for example for the losing. Why? Because Lee just shuts up and plays. And he's a young player. Marbury was supposed to be the veteran. And what did he do? He faught with ALL of his coaches. He faught with a lot of teammates. Instead of being a leader to a young player like Lee, he sat on the bench with a towel on his head and didn't even cheer on teammates on some plays when the entire team was off the bench rooting their asses off. I'm not even going to get into his drunk interviews where he called his own wife a ho' and talked about kissing his sister.

The bottom line, Marbury made his own bed. Four teams are not insane. This is not a case where a good person is being unfairly picked on. Marbury caused all this. His reputation is his own fault. Those 2 authentic jersey's I bought back in 2004 are in a landfill somewhere. As a diehard Knicks fan, I HATE Marbury and wish him nothing but the worst.

No ones stopping you from hating him, but thats only gonna hurt you. Once he gets bought out or whatever, Ill be more then glad to debate with you and anyone else. Until then, its only fair to the other posters on this site that I say no more. I have said all that can be said. If you were hoping I would defend my point of view, Im sorry but this aint the time. Go back and look at some old threads. And get that hate out of you, its not gonna hurt anyone but yourself. You can sign on here and say hateful things, and try to bring Marbury down. But you cant bring someone else down without bringing yourself down. I dont even wish Kevin Garnett the worst, and everyone on here knows that I dont like the Celtics. Im wrong to even dislike them. Being a basketball purest, I should appreciate the great basketball that they play. I dont agree with Garnetts tactics but hes solidified himself as a top 5 power forward all time. I would never wish them the worst, I wouldnt want to see them or anyone get hurt. I cant say I wish them another championship...:lol:

As a diehard Knicks fan, I feel bad that Marbury didnt have a fair shot at proving himself. The way I see it, we've been a rebuilding stage since Isiah was hired about 5 years ago. Its too bad all these players had it tough here in New York but hopefully we can continue to build our team and I wish all former Knicks good luck, and good luck to all the Knicks players that will be traded in the future.

quiggle

Starter
if all this talk is to show how great Marbury is by creating affordable shoes then where is the love for Akeem Olajuwon, didn't he come out with some $30 sneakers that sold at Payless awhile back?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
In my opinion, this thread was made to enlighten all of us about the type of person marbury is off the court. To show that he is selfless as a human being. Most people that are saying negative things about him should have read the article better. Like msg said, staying in a negative mindset is only going to hurt you in the end. People should focus on the positive things that marbury has done. Wether its in his contract or not, at least he's still helping out others. And that's the most important thing.

Toons

is the Bo$$
best question iv seen

how does selling 15 dollar shoes make us a 50 win team? lmao....it sure does, because charity work is waaaaay more important than team chemestry and wins.

clumsy

Rotation player
i think the article talks about something deeper about how the media lieks to make certain people villians and certain people heroes.

The Media can't wait to fellate Brett Favre all the time when i think he is Selfish and Classless. He held GB hostage for 4 years and he has been done for the last 5 years (last year was a fluke).

Steph has better career numbers than points guards people herald like Baron Davis. yet he is always looked at like a villain wherever he plays.

I actually kinda think with stephs career FG% if he didn't score like A.I. he is hurting his team. But i don't know why the media loves to bash this guy so much.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Come on people. Any truly objective viewer knows Mebury is not evil personified, but also knows he's caused problems in the lockerroom everywhere he's gone. He's selfless in life and selfish in basketball.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Marbs has a big heart and he does/did alot in his community and he gives back to his hometown, he never forgot where he came from(i know, i live in brooklyn) and i've heard and read many articles in the past that back it up.....one was he made 15 dollar sneakers so that the poor kids could afford sneakers to play ball in instead of the 150 dollar Jordans and Lebrons......he's one of the NBA's good guys but his i-dont-take-no-shit attitude and media perception make him look bad

Akamu

The King
There's always going to be objections, nay sayers, not much you can do about it, there will always be people to find the worst out of things. That's fine though, sometimes you got to just let them eat. I bet a lot of people would criticize this article before and without fully reading it, or have read without fully comprehending.

No one is saying that Marbury is perfect, not all his decisions are the best but he does put forth strong efforts into making the best choice. If someone is going to try and misuse, back stab, bring down his credibility, or knock this man and his optimistic ways out of sync he will not sit by and allow for it to happen, simple as that. I respect and can relate to that.

I see posts, messages in various parts of the net, people I talk to, and a lot of the automatically call this guy a selfish, unprofessional bum based on all the media prop. Blaming him solely for the bronze medal too? there's no end to how much you can leave on this man. He didn't have the greatest chance to win it all in regards to the previous teams he was on.

This article basically gives you a broader insight to the man you do not know about that has a horrid image painted of him. As an individual Marbury is an honorable, and giving person and this translates into his game, decisions off and on court.

You don't see many players dedicating as much time to charity work, giving back. He invests more then a lot of players would combined. It's within his nature to understand misfortune and help others-

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I believe it was also marbury who started the crack epidemic in the 80's. Lol

I see the point of view of some of the posters that are opposed to marbury. On one of the many marbury threads I also posted that I was disappointed with marbury "the professional basketball player." but I have total respect for marbury the person. The way he donates his time and money to others is priceless. It influences the youth to do the same when they get older. You have to look beyond the game of basketball. Like he said "...get caught up in life.."

Stephon Marbury is a true KNICK because he is a new yorker the love that he showed to the knicks and all in 2003-2004 can never be matched. The other thing is that when marbs leaves he will shove his skills down the Knicks' throats

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Team Starbury FOR LIFE! Great post, Akamu. The haterburys must be FURIOUS now! :lol: :lol:
Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star with hall of fame averages. He's going to contend for a championship, whether the haterburys like it or not.

Marbury has done things for the community that only a very small percentage of people have done. Marbury can see the light.

KBlack25

Starter
It's a fine point, Marbury is for sure a good person. There's no doubt about that, you've seen him take care of his mother, he made an affordable sneaker where others sold their name for hundreds of thousands of dollars, and backed that shit up by playing in them. What Team Starbury fails to understand, however, is that people against Steph playing are against STEPH PLAYING. He may be a good guy off the court, shit Mother Theresa worked miracles, but I wouldn't want her playing quarterback for my football team. Likewise, as strictly an ON THE COURT MOVE, it makes sense, especially because we've seen Chris Duhon fit in very very well. I'm not doubting his character in terms of his community. But, then again, OJ Simpson was one of the most well-liked athletes off the court before everything with him went down.

It's a fine article or whatever, but it doesn't prove that Marbury is the best fit for this team and it doesn't prove that Steph should start. It proves he is known to at times be a good guy. That doesn't mean he didn't refuse to play with KG, that doesn't mean he didn't feud with his last three coaches, all this article means is exactly what it says. Steph does things for the community. But that doesn't make him the right fit from a basketball perspective.

TunerAddict

Starter
Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star with hall of fame averages.

He won't make the HoF and shouldn't with the low number of allstar appearances.(I will rescind that if you can show me some guy with 2 or less)

Question though, with the numbers he put up, and he did put up fantastic numbers, why didn't he get into more allstar games?

I don't think anyone here really questioned his community work. We all know the great stuff he's done.

The $15 shoes are always a go too point, I have 3 pairs, they look good, but aren't the best quality shoes.

Really the character issues that always come up are more of...his on the court and around the team dealings and acting. Its about the contract issues, his comments about himself and his teams, etc... Noone can question that he has done a hell of a lot for the community. I give him mad props for that. Great thing to do. But that attitiude problems and such aren't about that . When people talk about his character, they are talking about the only thing they actually care about, and that is his character on and around the court, and how thats going to affect a winning basketball club.

metrocard

Legend
Fail

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Just like the day of your birth.

Why would you bring the "war" into debate. The "war" is on the internet, where you are protected by a screen. I could be speaking to a fat, ice addicted virgin... no-one will know hero.

But anyways... I have never questioned Marbury's actions of the court, and think he is actually an athlete that does care.

Because I can.

If you want a war off the screen, then come to the Bronx and get ya ass kicked and left in the street butt naked with no money.

Don't speak of your out of shape self like that.

ummmm....ok....every player has to do charity work of their choice by contract....ever seen an nba cares commercial? for 100 million over 4 or whatever years and being one of the highest apid players, wouldnt you expect a higher volume of charity work? if i had 100 million, i wud do sumthin 4 the hood too, but the thingis, the SSPORTS media dont like him because he is getting paid to PLAY SPORTS. While he was in phx or jersey actually EARNING his paycheck what extrordinary thing did he do then? at lease i now kno that he has a conscience and that he feels guilty for stealin all of our money and gives about 10% of it back....yeah, great humanitarian. im im bill gates and i give you 100 dollars are you impressed? or im im ur *****, and ur broke, an i have 200, n i give u 50% ....now thats love my dude.still not sold on marbury. look at the charity work of every nba player.....the only thing steph has on them is the shoes. The shoes is a big thing, even thought they oly cost like 2 dollars to make

Fool, you're unemployed. What money is Marbury stealing from you?

100 dollars is better than nothing, learn how to be appreciative, you greedy ugly son of a puta b*tch.

Steph has contributed to so many things from Katrina, to his community,and to everyone he's been around, Steph is one of the few humble dudes in the NBA who look out for rookies and help them feel comfortable in the league. Barbosa cried when Marbury left Phoneix; Marbury is liked throughout the NBA, and respected; from guys like Kobe to Pierce.

You just straight up hating because Marbury plugged in your mom's culo and starting stabbing her twat.

It is a nice thread. It does show another side to Marbury that isn't shown.

However,

Because somebody cares about a community, does nice things for them, and they generally want to change the world for the better, does not mean they still cannot be selfish, unprofessional, or immature.

People are complex. They do good things and they do bad things. These good things they do not erase anything bad they have done. they are still accountable for those bad things. And we all know Marbury has screwed up with his family, with NYK, and the knicks.

So we all have to be realistic about Marbury. He isn't a savior and he isn't the worse thing in the world.

Okay Mr. Negative.
You sound like you need to get laid, Marbury can't help you; so I guess this is your way of taking your sexual frustration out on him.

No one said Marbury is the savior, with all the negativity that goes around about Marbury, this thread was NEEDED.

btw, NYK and Knicks are the same thing, so you look so pathetic, ignorant and silly trying to come up with things Marbury "screwed up", two really general and random things, you tried to go for 3 and sneak that in there. Good job pendejo.

he acted unprofessional during the MSG harrassment lawsuit and was the reason why the US won the Bronze in the Olympics.

Fool.
Without Marbury
USA wouldn't have a BRONZE.

Marbury broke the US's scoring record in one game in the Olympics, against Spain (one of the best teams), which lead USA to advance.

Marbury was never the problem on that team, he actually played the best perimeter defense out of all the guards.

The USA team got better because they practiced more together and developed chemistry, not because Marbury left.

Mabury's team only practiced for two weeks.
The recent squad spent multiple months practicing together.

Big difference.

Good try though, but metrocard is in the house; I don't accept ignorance.

About Marbury and leading us to a lot of wins.

Marbury ever had the assets to lead this team to 50 wins.
Marbury had to average 22 ppg and 10 assist on a team full of scrubs to even sneak the Knicks in the playoffs.
That was the last time we saw the playoffs.
Isiah didn't built the team around Marbury.
He could of.
and we could of won a lot of more games than having it built around Curry/Crawford.
We wouldn't be a championship team, but we certainly would be a playoff contender and not let the Bulls get all those high lottery picks.

You could be the best player in the world, but if you don't have the assets on your team, then you won't go far.

Look at KG in Minnesota.
He got far with Spree and Cassell.
Him in Boston
H got far with Allen and Pierce.

Without those guys, Garnett was on a lottery team.

Does that make him underachieving?
Or is it the front office and management underachieving?

Simple questions that can be answered correctly with simple logic.

I just wish more Isiahsexuals had logic and common sense, so they wouldn't look so ignorant and hateful.

This has been another metrocard roast.
I hope no one was hurt or murked in the process.

:thumbsup:

quiggle

Starter
it's cool to know how some of you are so consumed with supporting a player that you'll spend hours to debate but in the end of the day the player doesn't know you even exist and you're really nothing to him in the grand scheme of things lol

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Metrocard = Kathleen Decker

Care to defend your hero's actions and conduct off the court? Care to defend his feud with EVERY coach/teammates/management starting with Minnesota? Care to defend him telling his teammates to practice hard and immediately running to get a massage in the locker room? Care to defend him going on national TV all drunk and calling his own wife a hoe and kissing his sister?

Your attempt at pointing blame at everyone other than this clown is pathetic and sad. Thankfully this embarrassment will never get to the Hall of Fame and will never help a team win.

Burn Marbury burn.