D'antoni's 8 man rotation is ridiculous!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Not playing Milicic and Hill is a travesty being that we are so small to begin with. I would like to see a second unit lineup of Gallo at the point and Douglas in the back court with him, along with Chandler, Hill and Milicic in the front court. That should be the second quarter lineup and late third early fourth quarter lineup.

That would give the opportunity for Gallo to create for others, Douglas will have more room to work with (not having Hughes/Harrington) in that unit. Hill and Milicic will benefit because we can slow the game down for them and feed them the ball inside. Chandler can benefit by the screens that Hill and Darko can provide and come off to shot the mid-range buckets.

With that second unit the young guys can become familiar with one another and even if they make mistakes it will be better in long run. I don't mind playing the veterans if we are winning but there has to be away to get younger players more minutes and get them to play with each other.

mafra

Legend
Don't fret. They plan is to play the vets and hope for the best. This plan will change when the trading deadline passes. After that, Darko and the kids will have 40 games to show what they can do.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Depends on what matters.

Now or the future?

Exactly my point metro, the Nets today had they younger players start the game and then play the veterans of the bench. There has to be a way of getting that combination of trying to win as much as possible but play the players that will be part of your future. New Jersey is doing that I don't understand why we can't. Fact of the matter is our record is 6-15 is not as if the veterans are getting us to the playoffs this season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well one of the reasons why I wanted Iverson was to give the players confidence in winning some games and having a leader because that might bring confidence even if they don't get that much minutes.

D'Antoni and/or Walsh were full of bologna about developing the future, so hopefully the veterans on our team continue to play well to bring them the confidence Iverson might have brought in.The thing is, this team did the same thing last year.Some nights they looked great, some nights looked terrible.In fact, I expected this team to be better than last year because of the improvement and close games, hopefully that kicked in now.

Playing Duhon is really dumb though.If D'Antoni is uncomfortable with losing a pass first point guard who's been around, then just give the job to Hughes.He doing much better at it anyway.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
That should be the second quarter lineup and late third early fourth quarter lineup.

I agreed, maybe it's working now but this is the first 20 games of the season, last year short handed knicks lost a lot of games ( almost every lost game even with LA ... ) in 3/4th quarter at the second half of the season. Today they got bigger lineup and fortunately could put more than 8 players in the rotation in the future. I can't imagine playin whole season by the same 8, they're not in such good shape, are they ?

Last edited:
wait blowing out the suns, controlling a game against the hawks and winning 3 out of 4 games with a loss to the magic is considered ridiculous since he went to this 8 man rotation. I am sorry, maybe the NBA should of given us 16 home games out of our first 20 like the lakers and then we could be a 500 team, or maybe not schedule us ten straight games against winning/elite teams. The fact of the matter the knicks are playing better basketball with 8 players than before hand so I am happy with it. You want to see hill play thats fine, but I want to see W's and with this rotation that is all that I have seen in the past week. Stop complaining about victories.

p0nder

Starter
I understand not using Hill yet. He needs to be developed. But i'm not sure why Milic is not getting any minutes. Is he hurt or just in the dog house? The guy was actually a pretty good defensive big man when i watched him play. Certainly worthy of a rotation spot on the knicks.

But I'm not complaining about the wins we are getting. Perhaps it just took 20 games to rev up the guys and we're due for some good luck.

Darko is not playing because getting 1 block a game isnt worth expending harrington and lees ability to aggressively finish around the rim and actually look to score the basketball.
what I am saying is that if you think Darko playing 20 minutes a game will bring us more wins you have no idea what you are talking about and have not been paying attention to darko since is conception into the NBA, the dude does not change things on defense, he gets blocks because he is 7 feet tall and is capable of blocking, but his position defense is horrible, he gets lost on the floor, and does not pursue blocks, instead takes what is given to him by camping in the paint on defense.

Paul1355

All Star
Not playing Milicic and Hill is a travesty being that we are so small to begin with. I would like to see a second unit lineup of Gallo at the point and Douglas in the back court with him, along with Chandler, Hill and Milicic in the front court. That should be the second quarter lineup and late third early fourth quarter lineup.

That would give the opportunity for Gallo to create for others, Douglas will have more room to work with (not having Hughes/Harrington) in that unit. Hill and Milicic will benefit because we can slow the game down for them and feed them the ball inside. Chandler can benefit by the screens that Hill and Darko can provide and come off to shot the mid-range buckets.

With that second unit the young guys can become familiar with one another and even if they make mistakes it will be better in long run. I don't mind playing the veterans if we are winning but there has to be away to get younger players more minutes and get them to play with each other.
I wish you were the coach because you have more common sense than Mike D's 8 man rotation with Jared Jeffries now playing 20+ minutes per game!

Darko is being wasted and Hill should be playing more and taking Jeffries' minutes. When Jeffries leaves, Hill will get a lot more minutes guaranteed.

Atleast Douglas is involved in the rotation.

I want to see Nate play so bad but I would rather see Douglas develop and play minutes than us playing Nate all the time when we might not even sign him next year.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Exactly my point metro, the Nets today had they younger players start the game and then play the veterans of the bench. There has to be a way of getting that combination of trying to win as much as possible but play the players that will be part of your future. New Jersey is doing that I don't understand why we can't. Fact of the matter is our record is 6-15 is not as if the veterans are getting us to the playoffs this season.

Do you really want us to be like the Nets? They are statistically the worse team in the league. You can't just throw first and third year players to the wolves. Young players usually don't carry teams right away. Don't get me wrong, young players definitely need playing time but not the the detriment to the team.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Do you really want us to be like the Nets? They are statistically the worse team in the league. You can't just throw first and third year players to the wolves. Young players usually don't carry teams right away. Don't get me wrong, young players definitely need playing time but not the the detriment to the team.

Read my post again and see that the way I would get the 2nd unit (young players) playing time it wouldn't allow for them to start or end games: That should be the second quarter lineup and late third early fourth quarter lineup.Those guys need playing time together, they are our future and in no way get in the way of losing games because the rental players would get the majority of the time. I want us to win but Milicic and Hill should at least play versus the big teams in the league. That is just common sense!

TunerAddict

Starter
Read my post again and see that the way I would get the 2nd unit (young players) playing time it wouldn't allow for them to start or end games: That should be the second quarter lineup and late third early fourth quarter lineup.Those guys need playing time together, they are our future and in no way get in the way of losing games because the rental players would get the majority of the time. I want us to win but Milicic and Hill should at least play versus the big teams in the league. That is just common sense!

Damn son, you so knowledgable...

I wonder why you ain't coaching in da NBA.....

robert56

Benchwarmer
Darko is not playing because getting 1 block a game isnt worth expending harrington and lees ability to aggressively finish around the rim and actually look to score the basketball.
what I am saying is that if you think Darko playing 20 minutes a game will bring us more wins you have no idea what you are talking about and have not been paying attention to darko since is conception into the NBA, the dude does not change things on defense, he gets blocks because he is 7 feet tall and is capable of blocking, but his position defense is horrible, he gets lost on the floor, and does not pursue blocks, instead takes what is given to him by camping in the paint on defense.

You don't really know too much about Darko do you? He is capable of much more than 1 block a game. When played right he can score and rebound in double figures and he does change the flow of the other team. he does not camp in the paint as you call it, but goes after the ball all the time, which makes it appear that he is out of position when in reality he is covering more than the player he is assigned to. Play attention to his game in the future when he gets a chance to actually play 20 plus minutes a game. His former teammates have nothing but positive comments about his skills and knowledge of the game. Ask Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Howard, Marc and Pau Gasol. They will all tell you Darko knows what he is doing out there.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Damn son, you so knowledgable...

I wonder why you ain't coaching in da NBA.....

:eek:ff-topic: Where you coming with this man? We got 15 million on the bench in Darko, Nate, and Hill don't you think that there is a way to integrate those 3 into the rotation without hurting us? Please provide a smart feedback instead of a lousy one like that, I seen great contributions from you on this site.

You don't really know too much about Darko do you? He is capable of much more than 1 block a game. When played right he can score and rebound in double figures and he does change the flow of the other team. he does not camp in the paint as you call it, but goes after the ball all the time, which makes it appear that he is out of position when in reality he is covering more than the player he is assigned to. Play attention to his game in the future when he gets a chance to actually play 20 plus minutes a game. His former teammates have nothing but positive comments about his skills and knowledge of the game. Ask Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Howard, Marc and Pau Gasol. They will all tell you Darko knows what he is doing out there.

HAHAHAHA
LAUGH AT YOU
Darko has been in the league longer than almost every player on our team except like 2 I think. He has yet to truly establish himself as a player who deserves starting minutes, I do know darko so please dont begin blindly arguing when it is clear over his career Darko does not deserve minutes as of right now. He cannot bring anything more than jefferies on offense, and has mad a career out of refusing to rebound the ball for his height and size. You are an ignoramus if your only supportive statement to defending Darko is telling me to "ask NBA players" lol, Give me dwights number ill give him a call to inquire about DArko. The guy is garbage, he has put up Jerome James Seattle supersonic numbers his whole career, and in this system which now appears to be working; he is a bench warmer at best, as he was under the last great coach he played for Larry brown. he played in orlando because they at the time were grooming Dwight, he played in memphis well because memphis didnt have Marc Gasol yet, as soon as better big men came onto those teams he was useless and shipped out, I mean memphis trade him for ( A HOBBLING FADING AWAY Q RICH, WHO THEY WOUND UP MOVING ANY WAY) end of story

Darko should be over seas where he belongs, his game never accumulated any substance in the NBA. He probably has no chemistry with the players on the knicks because he doesnt get passing, and moving with out the ball, which is basic skills he has always lacked, yeah hes 7 feet tall and chasing the ball on defense, I am sorry but unless you are an incredible athlete such as dwight or garnett or camby as a shot blocker you have to stay in your area to protect the paint, as I said he gets easily drawn out of the paint and winds up making it harder for every one else on defense to do his job, I really do not want to hear it about how he is a great low post defender, HE IS NOT. not in today's game where power forwards play like swing men. Your argument is crushed, and I do not want to hear your forgettable speeches defending the worst player on the knicks making over five million dollars a year. The man cant shoot, he cant run, he cant pass, he cant finish strong at the rim, and at his height and size if he was a true shot blocker he would have been a league leader at some point during his career, which he has never done.

im over this, cant believe I woke up to such nonsense today.

peace.

seee yaaa

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
:eek:ff-topic: Where you coming with this man? We got 15 million on the bench in Darko, Nate, and Hill don't you think that there is a way to integrate those 3 into the rotation without hurting us? Please provide a smart feedback instead of a lousy one like that, I seen great contributions from you on this site.

I jest.

I'm also a sarcastic asshole from time to time.

Why do I post such things?

Because I'm bored and don't really have anything to add, but damn it! I still want to post.