The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Hayato

Benchwarmer
amen.....if Melo has not been clear with Denver its the Knicks or nothing then the hell with him......if we gut our team we are not better off then we were.....we need assets!!!!!!! we need to build!!!!!!!

for the love of christ. how easy was it for the lakers, celtics, and heat to get role players after they got their stars? SUPER EASY. thank god nobody on here has any say in what the knicks do.

la2ny

Starter
amen.....if Melo has not been clear with Denver its the Knicks or nothing then the hell with him......if we gut our team we are not better off then we were.....we need assets!!!!!!! we need to build!!!!!!!
don't you guys understand that has been said already?!?!? Why do you think that everyone and there right mind keeps saying why don't we wait to summer blah blah blah. This is beyond basketball at this point. It's a mix between his business and personal pleasure or "preference". This is Melos' free agency because he won't have one. Denver hasn't traded him to the Knicks and keep bullshitting because they want New York to either say F-it and call Melos bluff or rape us IDK see how you guys dont see that. BUT! The fact of the matter is they are running out of time. They only have 5 days to do something and the clock is ticking. The last thing they want 2 do is give their forme star what he wants, but what can they do.

STAT1

Starter
FisolaNYDN

Despite Knicks latest offer, Denver wants more, believed to be another pick. "I don't know if either side is going to budge," says a source 26 minutes ago via web

Just add another $3 million in cash to supplement the last Knicks' offer and tell the Nuggets to buy their own pick. They can't keep playing this stupid game asking for more and more and more, if they don't want to trade with the Knicks then stop wasting our time. The way the Nuggets are handling these negotiations from the beginning has been amateur hour at its finest.

la2ny

Starter
for the love of christ. how easy was it for the lakers, celtics, and heat to get role players after they got their stars? SUPER EASY. thank god nobody on here has any say in what the knicks do.
Guys are giving up because they hear Dolan talked to Melo and they had a conference call to just give up. They figure were going to trade everyone they are latched onto for him when that might not even be the case.

Think if Dolan could have a chance to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs THIS YEAR! You don't think he wants those extra games in MSG!!! These guys are delusional. Now I do believe Dolan is an ass, but plz dont let him make you waver your mind. Hell if you been a Knick fan the last decade then you can definetly deal w/ this.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I have a dumb question...... how they control in general the clubs money, i mean if some club has only 10 Mil in cap, can the club sign a 16 mil player at 10 mil and give him the rest in cash or in other ways??!! i mean if i am the owner, who can stop me from giving a player extra money in any form?

yeah yeah, maybe it is stupid question, and people know the answer, but its been bugging me since some time so if you know the answer please tell me....

skisloper

Starter
Guys are giving up because they hear Dolan talked to Melo and they had a conference call to just give up. They figure were going to trade everyone they are latched onto for him when that might not even be the case.

Think if Dolan could have a chance to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs THIS YEAR! You don't think he wants those extra games in MSG!!! These guys are delusional. Now I do believe Dolan is an ass, but plz let him make you a waver your mind. Hell if you been a Knick fan the last decade then you can definetly deal w/ this.

Your forgetting something....if we get Carmelo we then have 2 superstars...
Heat and celtics have 3.
2 role players for 3 stars is a hell of lot better
then
3 roll players for 3 stars....

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo Deal

I am not entirely for it, but it appears that the proposed deal is inevitable. I see cap and bench problems going forward. However, it will be interesting to see Melo in New York.

For Gallo's and Chandler's sakes, I would like to see the Nets work a back door deal giving up some of thier draft rights for one or more of them. I am sure the Italian food in New York is better than in Denver.

STAT1

Starter
I have a dumb question...... how they control in general the clubs money, i mean if some club has only 10 Mil in cap, can the club sign a 16 mil player at 10 mil and give him the rest in cash or in other ways??!! i mean if i am the owner, who can stop me from giving a player extra money in any form?

Under the current collective bargaining agreement, no you can't circumvent the cap rules in that way. If you only have $10 million in cap space then that's all you can spend to sign any free agent. The only time you can ever exceed the cap to sign a player is by exercising a salary exception such as the Bird Rights exception or the Midlevel Salary Player exception, but teams that utilize their available cap space to sign other players are not granted salary exceptions.

Teams are allowed to include up to $3 million in cash to sweeten the pot in a trade but that cash will go to the teams not the players involved in the deal and can't be used to fulfill the cap terms to match salaries.

If you're an owner that is found to be giving players money under the table to get them signed your franchise faces severe penalties from the NBA if you are caught including loss of draft picks and fines.

la2ny

Starter
Your forgetting something....if we get Carmelo we then have 2 superstars...
Heat and celtics have 3.
2 role players for 3 stars is a hell of lot better
then
3 roll players for 3 stars....
Are you referring to Gallo and Felton for Melo,Billups or Chandler, Gallo, Felton for Melo,Billups???

Because both are deals I'd do if thats what your talking about.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
isola's latest tweet:

NBA TV reporting that Nuggets want Fields & Mozgov in the deal instead of Gallinari. Thus far, as source said neither side will budge.
less than 20 seconds ago via

la2ny

Starter
Like I said it's going to be a stand off, and at this point Denver looks like they will budge first.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
if the nets are truly out of it, hopefully they pull off some of the other trades they have on the table and at the same time melo says he's not signing anywhere but NYK.... **** denver

iSaYughh

Starter
isola's latest tweet:

NBA TV reporting that Nuggets want Fields & Mozgov in the deal instead of Gallinari. Thus far, as source said neither side will budge.

Sub Walker w Fields. This is done n done.

Great to see we may not becoming eunuchs after all...

If Fields goes I wonder if we see an effective Gallo/Melo/STAT mix for our 2-3-4.

Moz's 3M assures us of adding at least one "premier" big this offseason, as well. So it nearly cancels him out.

Throw in our 2nds, manage a way to buy another 1st, etc. Anyhung to hold on as tight as possible to keeping Gallo/Fields.

iSaYughh

Starter
don't you guys understand that has been said already?!?!? Why do you think that everyone and there right mind keeps saying why don't we wait to summer blah blah blah. This is beyond basketball at this point. It's a mix between his business and personal pleasure or "preference". This is Melos' free agency because he won't have one. Denver hasn't traded him to the Knicks and keep bullshitting because they want New York to either say F-it and call Melos bluff or rape us IDK see how you guys dont see that. BUT! The fact of the matter is they are running out of time. They only have 5 days to do something and the clock is ticking. The last thing they want 2 do is give their forme star what he wants, but what can they do.

Hundrid.

Even if we accept this doomsday notion that we "won't be any better" if we "gut" the team,

We are still *infinitely* better, as a franchise, and strategically to most easily acquire the necessary pieces to become "better". And specifically "great".

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
isola's latest tweet:

Lol, I tell you If I'm Gm's around the NBA, after seeing how much of amateurs the Denver FO is, I wouldn't want to deal with them ever in the future. I'm shocked they haven't asked for Stat yet.

Lol, I tell you If I'm Gm's around the NBA, after seeing how much of amateurs the Denver FO is, I wouldn't want to deal with them ever in the future. I'm shocked they haven't asked for Stat yet.
Forreal man.. Fields and Mozgov.. Gtfo.. Just take Gallo and be happy with it.. Mother Fk the Nuggets

STAT1

Starter
The next report will have Denver asking for Fields, Mozov and Gallinari. It's looking more & more like the Nuggets are giving us the run around trying to make it look like they want to deal in good faith but they're just stalling to try & get Melo to panic so he accepts the extension with the Nets. I hope they end up losing him for nothing this summer would serve them right for how they handled this whole process.