New York Knicks @ New Jersey Nets 04.18 7:00PM

metrocard

Legend
I always seen JR as a 6th Man, he just needs to play in spurts and not long periods, last 5 minutes of the 1st, last 7 minutes of the 2nd, last 7 minutes of 3rd lasts 5 minutes of the 4th, for example, when he's out for 10-15 straight minutes he gets sporadic, bored or goofy

JR is Melo's best friend and I feel its a better basketball move to keep him and move Lin for a lottery pick

Lin will become a Tebow type distraction through no fault of his own, just like the asian reporters asked those dumb ass questions in press conferences, his fan base will kill all our momentum and Dolan will allow it just to make a few extra bucks, if you notice Woodson knows the real deal with Lin which is why he limited his minutes, same with Fields

Its too early to say all this about Lin. Give him a full season, let him develop.

Real athletes don't distracted so you shouldn't worry.

wian

Benchwarmer
good win guys - mello beast in first half - second half - just did what was necessary

just keep getting the W's and get the job done

well done:gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Its too early to say all this about Lin. Give him a full season, let him develop.

not really about Lin but his presence and his following

Broncos players were happy when Tebow left because he was taking away from the "team" atmosphere and because they got Manning but I digress

I know Lin is a good dude I just dont wanna have to deal with the media madness and obnoxious reports and fans that come with him

miked1958

Rotation player
Magic came back from double digit deflect to take a one point lead. Now down ten again.

Looks like we won't catch Boston who will clinch tonight with win over Orlando. But we will be 3 down with 4 to play on magic. Still another quarter left..

There was talk of catching Boston if we won out and Boston lost out. Or we win out and magic go 1-5. Didn't realize they were playing each other.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Don't think it's absolutely necessary to give Lin the full MLE. He had some great games but it was just over a fraction of the season. Plus he's coming off leg surgery. I don't know. I think because we need a pg he's important but JR is just as important to the team in his role.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Don't think it's absolutely necessary to give Lin the full MLE. He had some great games but it was just over a fraction of the season. Plus he's coming off leg surgery. I don't know. I think because we need a pg he's important but JR is just as important to the team in his role.

I'd give Lin and Fields the QO and JR the MLE then work on contracts for Lin and Fields in the next off-season

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo with another 33 in a KNICKS winner...broke out the Melo swingman jersey with matching hat and 70's orange/blue cool clyde NY pumas...Life is good:)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Man. Melo was just inhuman in that 1st quarter.

Nice to see a win, but seriously, 35 3 point attempts.

Fair enough they gave us the looks and we moved the ball well, but what about when STAT returns?

As the spacing is effected, so too will our offense be effected. We can't run a team predicated on 3 point shooting in the playoffs. If anything, it has become apparent over the last decade that it's size and defense that win series.

We can't small ball the Heat out of the 1st round, and I am anxious as to whether or not Woodson has something to counter Miami's perimeter defense that includes both Melo and Amar'e in the post/on the block and an inside ~ outside game.

35 from the arc for 13 makes. Long rebound misses are not gonna win us much in the 1st round against the high octane tandem of James and Wade, and if we want to even entertain the thought of an upset, it's critical that we take one of the 2 opening games in Miami.

Tonight's approach won't suffice, and we can't rely on games like our previous home win against Boston.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
not really about Lin but his presence and his following

Broncos players were happy when Tebow left because he was taking away from the "team" atmosphere and because they got Manning but I digress

I know Lin is a good dude I just dont wanna have to deal with the media madness and obnoxious reports and fans that come with him

broncos players were happy (especially the receivers) coz this guy cant play.... lets be honest... Tebow has the worst throwing motion ive ever seen ...he not accurate .... he`s not a bad thrower he`s a terrible thrower plain and simple ...... Lin? there are things he needs to work on , left hand drive ,ball security, and his D .... given what we`ve seen these few weeks he`s been gone theres got to be no doubt Lin is our best option at PG till someone better comes along

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;228961 said:

Fair enough they gave us the looks and we moved the ball well, but what about when STAT returns?

As the spacing is effected, so too will our offense be effected. We can't run a team predicated on 3 point shooting in the playoffs. If anything, it has become apparent over the last decade that it's size and defense that win series.

We can't small ball the Heat out of the 1st round, and I am anxious as to whether or not Woodson has something to counter Miami's perimeter defense that includes both Melo and Amar'e in the post/on the block and an inside ~ outside game.

35 from the arc for 13 makes. Long rebound misses are not gonna win us much in the 1st round against the high octane tandem of James and Wade, and if we want to even entertain the thought of an upset, it's critical that we take one of the 2 opening games in Miami.

Tonight's approach won't suffice, and we can't rely on games like our previous home win against Boston.
your sig makes me wanna :whatever:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Crazy: believe me, Woody hates the three ball and as soon as Amare's back in the rotation we'll stop relying on threes that much. IMO the main reasons why we're taking so many outside shots are Carmelo not having size advantage against 4s in the paint and teams double-teaming him around the peremiter which creates open looks for our shooters.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;228961 said:

Crazy....the 35 3 point attempts wouldve shut down yesterday Steven A. Smith radio show on the Knicks in the postseason.
The bench shooting 19 3 point attempts = no inside game gellin or 15' jumpers, so 35 attempts as a whole speak volume on our offensive-chemistry. .

When Shaq got SWEPT in the FINALS....it was from having a team that shot 3 balls all season.
I dont want coach SVG in New York, his previous 7 seasons consisted of 3 ball shootin to win games as if Dwight Howard didnt exist....

Crazy....the 35 3 point attempts wouldve shut down yesterday Steven A. Smith radio show on the Knicks in the postseason.
The bench shooting 19 3 point attempts = no inside game gellin or 15' jumpers, so 35 attempts as a whole speak volume on our offensive-chemistry. .

When Shaq got SWEPT in the FINALS....it was from having a team that shot 3 balls all season.
I dont want coach SVG in New York, his previous 7 seasons consisted of 3 ball shootin to win games as if Dwight Howard didnt exist....

What????

Who ever mentioned Stan Van Gundy and the Knicks in the same sentence?

Sometimes you come up with some very weird stuff man...