Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

p0nder

Starter
Some things never change here....

msg01.jpg

p0nder

Starter
I think Melo is committed to the Knicks and the knicks to Melo. it would be great to see him take a pay cut to get a better team set up next season but i'm not holding my breath on that.

Kiyaman

Legend
Now question is, for how much?

After 3 and a half season as a Knicks .. Melo wants twice his worth in a extension-contract.
Tyson Chandler was never worth his previous $10M per contract, 4 teams split the bill of Tyson previous contract.
Dolan gave Tyson $56M for 4 yrs, when it shouldve been $56M for 6 yrs. Cuban offered Tyson less than that.

smokes

Huge Member
Smokes just give it up man....Metro has flamed you worse than I have seen since the Starbury Wars. Just stop hating, ok. Return to sense and sensibility. Melo just dropped 62 and 35 and you haters are still talking??? C'mon man what game are you haters watching????...bad shots for the average NBA joe are high% shots for Melo. It's no coincidence that Coach K and team USA run it's offense thru Melo. Next to Durant, Melo is the best pure scorer in the league. The numbers bear it out. Chris Broussard is a high yellow donut. Where did he earn his stripes??? On the court???? Where did Chris play his college ball??? That's what I thought he is another player hating donut. Don't aspire to be like that clown. Just kick back and enjoy the Melo show like any good Knicks fan is supposed to do.

jimkcchief88 you've always been one of the worst posters ever to exist on KO.com and you just cemented it in front of everyone.

How on earth am I a hater you braindead moron? I gave Melo props in every post I made. I have a couple of very minor criticisms of his game and since metro lives in Melo's buttcrack he had to blow up like a psychotic ex girlfriend over the tiniest of things because someone had a bad word to say about his baby.

If you wanna continue to see Melo lose us 14/15 game winning opportunities by taking terrible jumpshots be my guest.

metro the fact you even gave this clown props disappoints me, I thought you were better than that.

skisloper

Starter
It would make more sense for Melo to take a pay cut for him, he'll get a lot money from endorsements, the good thing about the NBA is players make most of their cash from endorsements unlike boxing where they get very little money in that aspect.

Its called EGO.
Melo wants to be known as one of the best ever and a 129 million deal will make him feel that.
Dolan likes to be a bigshot and will offer the this crazy number for his EGO.
Together we will have MELO for 129 million over 5 years,

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Its called EGO.
Melo wants to be known as one of the best ever and a 129 million deal will make him feel that.
Dolan likes to be a bigshot and will offer the this crazy number for his EGO.
Together we will have MELO for 129 million over 5 years,

I think it's good business. Take all you can get. There are lots of quality players that play for less than a max contract. As specially those in their rookie contracts. But philosophically the organization must change to keeping draft picks and trading for draft picks instead of trading them all away.

skisloper

Starter
I think it's good business. Take all you can get. There are lots of quality players that play for less than a max contract. As specially those in their rookie contracts. But philosophically the organization must change to keeping draft picks and trading for draft picks instead of trading them all away.

Absolutely not good business if Melo wants to win a championship with the Knicks.....Since the Knicks have traded so many picks the only way we rebuild is next season by trading an expiring Stat and Tyson contract for players or picking up free agents in the summer after the 2015 season when we have a ton of cap room....again that cap room will depend on MELO........

There is no way Melo will accept guys who he thinks he is better then signing bigger contracts,,,...it was easy for Wade and Lebron to do it as they had a plan that included Bosh......Melo is at the mercy of Dolan and we all know what that means,,

metrocard

Legend
Why does Melo need all that money though? He's going to be making a lot of money after he retires. He's a household name, a celebrity and is a bright man who will still work with the NBA. He's not an Allen Iverson personality.

I got faith Melo will take a pay cut so Knicks can improve their roster. He likes New York and likes playing here. He just doesnt like playing with poor teammate.

jimkcchief88

All Star
jimkcchief88 you've always been one of the worst posters ever to exist on KO.com and you just cemented it in front of everyone.

How on earth am I a hater you braindead moron? I gave Melo props in every post I made. I have a couple of very minor criticisms of his game and since metro lives in Melo's buttcrack he had to blow up like a psychotic ex girlfriend over the tiniest of things because someone had a bad word to say about his baby.

If you wanna continue to see Melo lose us 14/15 game winning opportunities by taking terrible jumpshots be my guest.

metro the fact you even gave this clown props disappoints me, I thought you were better than that.

Ok "huge member" lol:) u need to settle your azz down...A two page post quoting Chris Broussard is more than a few "minor criticisms." It's hating and I am correct in calling u a hater. U just mad Metro read your silly azz, but don't bring your bs in this direction. Just take your beating in silence like a man, if u are one lol:)

skisloper

Starter
Why does Melo need all that money though? He's going to be making a lot of money after he retires. He's a household name, a celebrity and is a bright man who will still work with the NBA. He's not an Allen Iverson personality.

I got faith Melo will take a pay cut so Knicks can improve their roster. He likes New York and likes playing here. He just doesnt like playing with poor teammate.

He will never need more money then he has now but thats not the point.
Players salaries and Championships is what represents to a player how great they are.
Melo has no rings. Salary might be the only way he can justify his greatness to himself.
Remember if he takes less money , especially in NY with Dolan there is no guarantee for a Championship.

No superstar has taken less then the Max except Lebron and Wade.....why would Melo ?

smokes

Huge Member
Ok "huge member" lol:) u need to settle your azz down...A two page post quoting Chris Broussard is more than a few "minor criticisms." It's hating and I am correct in calling u a hater. U just mad Metro read your silly azz, but don't bring your bs in this direction. Just take your beating in silence like a man, if u are one lol:)

You should really stop sucking metro's ballsack, just because he's owned you repeatedly in the past and you can't take any more of his dick up your a$$. I recommend vaseline for you fellas.

metrocard

Legend
He will never need more money then he has now but thats not the point.
Players salaries and Championships is what represents to a player how great they are.
Melo has no rings. Salary might be the only way he can justify his greatness to himself.
Remember if he takes less money , especially in NY with Dolan there is no guarantee for a Championship.

No superstar has taken less then the Max except Lebron and Wade.....why would Melo ?

Because Melo wants a championship like LeBron and Wade. Didn't Duncan/Parker do the same?

smokes

Huge Member
Because Melo wants a championship like LeBron and Wade. Didn't Duncan/Parker do the same?

Thing is, these guys all won championships or in Lebrons case was on the cusp of winning a championship many times. Neither Melo nor the Knicks have come close yet, and there's nothing to indicate we will be close within the next year.

I just can't see Melo taking a paycut, I don't know why, just something about his personality makes me feel that way. He always says the right things where the media is concerned but underneath it all he seems like one of those players out to get his.

Kiyaman

Legend
All that flim flam u Melo-fans wrote above dont get us Knicks pass the first-round of the playoffs this season or the next.
Individual-statistics vs Team-statistics

Melo's egotistical shoot-first style has got worse being in NY .. is it possible for Melo to play a different style of b.ball, other than the same individual style he been playing the last 10 years??? are the question Big-Market teams (GM), and small-market teams (GM) have been discussing this season.

Melo-Fans want us to pay a 10 year career Ball-Hogger $25M to $30M per for the next 5 seasons .. Melo will be untradeable, plus become our new GM's Boss.

Can you imagine if LBJ had 'Melo's postseason history? He'd be crucified every day. Why give big money to a guy who will never get you close to the finals?

metrocard

Legend
Thing is, these guys all won championships or in Lebrons case was on the cusp of winning a championship many times. Neither Melo nor the Knicks have come close yet, and there's nothing to indicate we will be close within the next year.

I just can't see Melo taking a paycut, I don't know why, just something about his personality makes me feel that way. He always says the right things where the media is concerned but underneath it all he seems like one of those players out to get his.

Knicks could of beat the Pacers last year if JR Smith wasn't so dumb and we were more healthy. I don't think we're far from a title. Theres only two teams in the East that are competing.

His personality? You act like you met Melo. That's not a good reason. Either way, Melo's personality is something you painted in your mind, so it's not a real thing. Poor reasoning. It seems like you want Melo to be the bad guy even though he's been respectful towards the franchise and hasn't caused any trouble. Keep trying dude, it's pretty pathetic.

metrocard

Legend

This is why smokes is such a bad poster.
He just post, he doesn't read.
Theres an abundance of information in this thread that debunks the myth of Melo taking "terrible" shots. It's not a terrible shot if you make them at a high percentage. Theres LOADS of information and videos in this thread that proves it.

Smokes is really in denial of his agrument getting shred to pieces, it's okay though man. We all get salty sometimes.

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks could of beat the Pacers last year if JR Smith wasn't so dumb and we were more healthy. I don't think we're far from a title. Theres only two teams in the East that are competing.

His personality? You act like you met Melo. That's not a good reason. Either way, Melo's personality is something you painted in your mind, so it's not a real thing. Poor reasoning. It seems like you want Melo to be the bad guy even though he's been respectful towards the franchise and hasn't caused any trouble. Keep trying dude, it's pretty pathetic.

You're reaching. How am I making him into a bad guy? If Melo wants a max contract that's fine, it's not him being a bad guy. It would suck for this team if we signed him to one, as far as Melo is concerned it'd be great for him.