NBA wanted Melo to fail tonight

KingofNy

Starter
It's obvious that the NBA wanted Melo and the Knicks to fail tonight to make headlines tomorrow to make Stern money. We started off unstoppable and then the refs realized it was going to be a blowout and then comes in NJ's 5th, 6th and 7th men... the refs.

First they go after Chandler and call him for a bullcrap tick-tack foul. Then seconds later they call a charging foul on Chandler when he dunked over the defender who was solely in the restricted area. There goes our big man for the 1st quarter. Then every single call the rest of the half went against the Knicks. EVERY CALL! Not only that, the refs would not call ONE foul in the act of shooting.

Lin was getting hacked left and right all game long along with Melo and Stat and NO calls. Then as soon as Chandler comes back in they call him for a foul where he had position for the rebound and grabbed it first but that obviously didn't matter.

Then the 3rd Q starts and less than 2 minutes later... You guessed it, after Chandler gets tossed out of the way by Humphries, Chandler gets called for his 4th foul and then is sent to the bench Again all quarter long the refs reward Deron for flopping after shooting his 3's and call 2 more and 1's on his 3 point attempts. The Nets have been setting moving screens all game and not one was called. Knicks keep driving, getting fouled without the refs calling the foul.

So here we are with another Knicks loss at an attempt to get over .500 and the refs come in and steal the game/momentum from us. Stern and all the media all over the country get to be right about Melo not fitting in with this team. Congrats David, you got exactly what you wanted. #CorruptNBA

Some of it was refs no doubt.. But Melo played like ass on offense and defense.. SO did Amare for the most part.. When those two are on the floor we get lit up..

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Some of it was refs no doubt.. But Melo played like ass on offense and defense.. SO did Amare for the most part.. When those two are on the floor we get lit up..

The Knicks played their best ball tonight at the start when Melo and Amare were on the floor together.

But anyway the officiating was really bad in this game one of the worst I seen this year.

But the Knicks def had many opportunities to come back but made incredibly stupid mistakes on defense and offense.

KingofNy

Starter

We lost all momentum and the players were frustrated because EVERY call went against them and our guys were playing in foul trouble all game... Lin/Chandler. So Lin had to back off and not go for steals and Chandler couldn't be the defensive force he normally is.

MDA needs to blow a gasket earlier when he realizes the refs are cheating and not calling the game correctly. It felt like we were at an away game tonight. EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN CALL went against us. EVERY DAMN ONE. Then, it seemed like every other trip up the floor Dwill was working the refs and shortly after they would call us for a BS foul when Dwill flops.

This was the type of game that made me ask myself why I follow this corrupt sport. I'm really thinking about saying F*CK IT and not supporting this garbage, because tonight's officiating was pure garbage. I haven't seen calls that bad since game 1 of the Knicks vs. Celtics playoffs last season.

knicksin60

Starter
Alright well dont f*cking tell me that the you didnt think the refs were bullsh*t tonight

The refs weren't good, but how many more times are the Knicks going to allow teams like the Bobcats, Hornets and Nets to slap them around on their home court ? The Knicks are known for making scrub teams look like Dream Teams. These teams don't fear the Knicks at all. I'm sure Deron Williams and Kris Kardashian had all the confidence in the world that they were going to come into this game and wreck havoc on a Knicks team that has many flaws.

The Knicks played their best ball tonight at the start when Melo and Amare were on the floor together.

But anyway the officiating was really bad in this game one of the worst I seen this year.

But the Knicks def had many opportunities to come back but made incredibly stupid mistakes on defense and offense.
1 quarter of good play < 3 quarters of bad play

When those two are out there it just feels like the other team has a 80% chance of scoring. The defensive intensity isn't the same.

portega1968

El Cacique
amazing how the refs made 15 of 31 threes... Refs are so good that they forced the Knicks to make only 5 of 21 threes.

Stern called the refs and told them "novak must go for 3 of 10 and Smith 2 of 8"

Ah, and of course, refs made sure we missed 7 free throws

Knicks took 85 shots vs Nets 82, and Knicks had more assists than the Nets. Bottom line is that the game was won at the 3point line, and we are left wondering if Shump wouldve stopped Dwill from catching fire

If ya'll believe that the refs helped the Nets win this one, you need to also recognize that the Knicks did a pretty darn good job in helping them out allowing 15 treys

KingofNy

Starter
The refs weren't good, but how many more times are the Knicks going to allow teams like the Bobcats, Hornets and Nets to slap them around on their home court ? The Knicks are known for making scrub teams look like Dream Teams. These teams don't fear the Knicks at all. I'm sure Deron Williams and Kris Kardashian had all the confidence in the world that they were going to come into this game and wreck havoc on a Knicks team that has many flaws.

No the refs were terrible and CORRUPT. Knicks play ALL on MOMENTUM and the refs KILLED our momemtum ALL GAME LONG. No NBA team could overcome those garbage calls. NONE!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm willing to accept Melo's head scratching, bonehead plays, on defense -- as opposed to STAT's straight up absence.

That's the thing that people seem unwilling to point out. Melo overcommits, over plays, makes bad fouls, just makes mistakes on the defensive end....Amar'e straight up just stands there looking lost.

Take Melo's offensive game tonight and throw it out, he's been out for 7 games, and he was moving the ball as much as you can ask a scorer to move it. He obviously needs to clean up his defense, that foul on Brooks for the 4-point play was foolish -- but then, so was Lin's on D-Will. I also saw Melo helping too far off of his man earlier in the game; that needs to be recognized and corrected by the coaches... not many players are going to say "perhaps I should no longer help this far off of my assignment" -- coaches gotta earn their paychecks and coach.

I wanna see Lin be, and stay, more aggressive on wednesday. I wanna see Melo actually convert some of those attempts at the rim, and maybe get a call or two, dude got mauled under the rim tonight. I also wanna see Amar'e not look like Byron Mullens on an off night out there.

knicksin60

Starter
No the refs were terrible and CORRUPT. Knicks play ALL on MOMENTUM and the refs KILLED our momemtum ALL GAME LONG. No NBA team could overcome those garbage calls. NONE!

Was it the refs' fault that the Knicks lost to the Bobcats and Hornets this season?

KingofNy

Starter
I'm willing to accept Melo's head scratching, bonehead plays, on defense -- as opposed to STAT's straight up absence.

That's the thing that people seem unwilling to point out. Melo overcommits, over plays, makes bad fouls, just makes mistakes on the defensive end....Amar'e straight up just stands there looking lost.

Take Melo's offensive game tonight and throw it out, he's been out for 7 games, and he was moving the ball as much as you can ask a scorer to move it. He obviously needs to clean up his defense, that foul on Brooks for the 4-point play was foolish -- but then, so was Lin's on D-Will. I also saw Melo helping too far off of his man earlier in the game; that needs to be recognized and corrected by the coaches... not many players are going to say "perhaps I should no longer help this far off of my assignment" -- coaches gotta earn their paychecks and coach.

I wanna see Lin be, and stay, more aggressive on wednesday. I wanna see Melo actually convert some of those attempts at the rim, and maybe get a call or two, dude got mauled under the rim tonight. I also wanna see Amar'e not look like Byron Mullens on an off night out there.

Dude Lin didn't even touch him on BOTH of those D-will And 1's. Lin played fine.

KingofNy

Starter
Was it the refs' fault that the Knicks lost to the Bobcats and Hornets this season?

We're not talking about those games, we're talking about the Nets game. Stay in context. Knicks lost this game tonight because of bad officiating. That's it. If we had these refs yesterday against Dallas we would of lost by 40.