cheap options at SG

moneyg

Starter
understood we are a lil thin at SG.. if walker goes down we r force to play rautins or start chandler at the 2 which he really excels at the 3 position

the first names that come to mind that we can get for a mil or two for one guaranteed year are....

luther head
roger mason
eddie house (dont want miami snatchin him up)
tmac (there i said it)

anyone else..

your thoughts....

Paul1355

All Star
understood we are a lil thin at SG.. if walker goes down we r force to play rautins or start chandler at the 2 which he really excels at the 3 position

the first names that come to mind that we can get for a mil or two for one guaranteed year are....

luther head
roger mason
eddie house (dont want miami snatchin him up)
tmac (there i said it)

anyone else..

your thoughts....
ive always liked Roger Mason but I dont think we need to add anyone else to take away minutes from other guys.

Chandler will prob start at the 2.

If Walker goes down i can see Landry Fields playing SG, Clyde thinks so too.

Fields has impressed the hell out of me in the summer league, a very smart basketball player that knows were to be and always finds the basketball, very good intangibles.

He is athletic and fast enough to play the 2, faster than Chandler.

I can def see Landry Fields as a good backup 2 guard.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I think we can play Chandler, Walker, at times even Gallo at the 2, and when Azubuike is healthy, he will probably start at the 2 spot. Not to mention, Rautins, if we actually sign him.

^^^It'll be great to see Fields play the 2 when he was thought to be a 3. Adds another dimension to his game. This is good news.

We don't need to give any more contracts. We are near the cap for 2010, I believe, and we have a full roster.

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Agreed

ive always liked Roger Mason but I dont think we need to add anyone else to take away minutes from other guys.

Chandler will prob start at the 2.

If Walker goes down i can see Landry Fields playing SG, Clyde thinks so too.

Fields has impressed the hell out of me in the summer league, a very smart basketball player that knows were to be and always finds the basketball, very good intangibles.

He is athletic and fast enough to play the 2, faster than Chandler.

I can def see Landry Fields as a good backup 2 guard.

Definitely, overall the Knicks have many options at the two or the three because like everyone is saying the Knicks are very versatile. So there would be no need to sign another player. I would rather much play our own prospects to further develop them and to see what they really have. I'm looking forward to see Chandler play at SG and if that doesn't work there'll be a competition for that spot by Walker, Azubukie and even Fields.
If we really have to sign someone, considering our cap salary and everything, Head would be the best fit. I don't think Roger Mason will take that small amount of money we can offer.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i've quickly became a fields fan but lets face it... he's not a starter on a playoff team just yet... right now i think we bring in T-mac, to help out the younger guys for some veteran experience... I don't know why.. but I think he has a little left in him

I would want either Luther Head or Roger Mason

Head is very fast and young so he could be with us for awhile..
Mason would fit GREAT in the knicks system, outside shooter plays D

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Roger Mason & Rasual Butler would be my FA-choices, but there might be some other players that became expendable for their teams as well:
-Jamal Crawford (only in a trade straight up for Curry)
-Xavier Henry (Grizzlies don't want to sign him for the usual money, reminds me a bit of the Steve Francis-situation a couple of years ago)
- Rip Hamilton (leadership)
- Vince Carter (2011 is a team option)
- Iguodala (nice complementary player to Gallo)
- Rudy Fernandez (Blazers now have Roy, Matthews and Bayless)

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
We do not need to spend anymore.

We have Kalena Azubuike, Bill Walker, Andy Rautins, and Tony Douglas can be played at the 2. Bigger line up, then Wilson Chandler.