News on Artest aand Kobe

Starks

Starter
Jared Jeffries as a centerpiece????

C'mom Zeke, no one else wants your expensive piece of trash. Great signing that was eh?

Looks like the Kobe pipe dream is coming to an end soon, word has it Jermaine Oneal is headed to LA, and if they keep Odom than this is a solid team (still not a sure shot title contender in my opinion) that Kobe would stick around for. One thing funny stated in this article is how we shouldn't underestimat Magic and IT's relationship, but I don't care how close Magic and Isiah are Magic is not going to be able to convince the Lakers to trade Kobe to NY for David Lee, Crawford, Jefferies, a expiring contract, and a few draft picks (even unprotected). True it would be more appealing for Kobe to play in NY than Chi, but we don't have the resources to pull this off. Would Isiah be able to convince the Pistons to trade Billups to LA for Luke Walton, Chris Mihm, and Kareem Rush ( I know he's not on the team anymore, just couldn't think of any other Laker players) to help out his good freind Magic. plus why would the Lakers want to give him to the New York, where he and the Knicks would benefit so much fisically? I don't think even Magic has the power to make that happen on a team he holds no official position with, could Karl Malone or Stockton orchestrate a trade between Utah and Charlotte because they have a relationship with Mike?

A good point made in this article is how Ron is going to miss the first 7 games of the season. I mean in a 82 game season it really doesn't matter much, but that is enough to make some teams a little leary(amoung other things). Plus he can also opt out of next season. I think because of these two reasons the Knicks are the front runners for him....but for these reasons we should show a lot of patience.....yes I'm retracting from earlier statements about trading Lee for him! it's still very risky to give up Lee for a player who is for sure missing the first few games of the season. I mean reason as to why I wanted him so bad was because during the first week of the season we face Lebron, and Carmelo, but he would miss those games anyways. Ofcourse we will face these teams again this season and ultimately we could possibly be facing LBJ in the playoffs so we would still benefit from having him around, but I guess I can see how it is not worth losing our best "chip" for him. Not to mention we do still have Q's perimeter as well as Balk. And if (big big if) Wilson Chanlder can become what he showed us in the Summer League in the NBA then we have another versitile defender. If it wasn't for us having too many contracts on the roster then I would maybe suggest us waiting until his supension is over before persuing this trade just to see what our team looks like at the start of the season, but unfourtunatley moves have to made before then. My theory is things will heat up come Aug 28 when we can trade Fred and Dan.....By the way can someone please explain the NBA's logic in not being able to trade a player for 60 days after he is traded to you?

jzero29

Rotation player
He's already out 7 games!

Looks like the Kobe pipe dream is coming to an end soon, word has it Jermaine Oneal is headed to LA, and if they keep Odom than this is a solid team (still not a sure shot title contender in my opinion) that Kobe would stick around for. One thing funny stated in this article is how we shouldn't underestimat Magic and IT's relationship, but I don't care how close Magic and Isiah are Magic is not going to be able to convince the Lakers to trade Kobe to NY for David Lee, Crawford, Jefferies, a expiring contract, and a few draft picks (even unprotected). True it would be more appealing for Kobe to play in NY than Chi, but we don't have the resources to pull this off. Would Isiah be able to convince the Pistons to trade Billups to LA for Luke Walton, Chris Mihm, and Kareem Rush ( I know he's not on the team anymore, just couldn't think of any other Laker players) to help out his good freind Magic. plus why would the Lakers want to give him to the New York, where he and the Knicks would benefit so much fisically? I don't think even Magic has the power to make that happen on a team he holds no official position with, could Karl Malone or Stockton orchestrate a trade between Utah and Charlotte because they have a relationship with Mike?

A good point made in this article is how Ron is going to miss the first 7 games of the season. I mean in a 82 game season it really doesn't matter much, but that is enough to make some teams a little leary(amoung other things). Plus he can also opt out of next season. I think because of these two reasons the Knicks are the front runners for him....but for these reasons we should show a lot of patience.....yes I'm retracting from earlier statements about trading Lee for him! it's still very risky to give up Lee for a player who is for sure missing the first few games of the season. I mean reason as to why I wanted him so bad was because during the first week of the season we face Lebron, and Carmelo, but he would miss those games anyways. Ofcourse we will face these teams again this season and ultimately we could possibly be facing LBJ in the playoffs so we would still benefit from having him around, but I guess I can see how it is not worth losing our best "chip" for him. Not to mention we do still have Q's perimeter as well as Balk. And if (big big if) Wilson Chanlder can become what he showed us in the Summer League in the NBA then we have another versitile defender. If it wasn't for us having too many contracts on the roster then I would maybe suggest us waiting until his supension is over before persuing this trade just to see what our team looks like at the start of the season, but unfourtunatley moves have to made before then. My theory is things will heat up come Aug 28 when we can trade Fred and Dan.....By the way can someone please explain the NBA's logic in not being able to trade a player for 60 days after he is traded to you?
He's already missing 7 games, do you think he's got the possibility for more??? I say wait, if we gethim we'll get him for very little or its not worth the risk. He's bound to get suspended again and then 75 games becomes less then 70, and so on until he's barely playing. I'd rather not have him at all, but if NY is dead set, they shouldn't give up much.
Kobe is near impossible without giving up alot. If we could get him without giving up marbury, curry, zack and either balkman or lee, i'd do it. Everyone else is expendable.