Other NBA games and League

4 years 130 million for Pascal Siakam with a Toronto. You have to do this, if you?re the Raptors, but who knows where they will stand this season without Kawhi.

mafra

Legend
Zion has knee surgery. Out 2 months.

Zion Williamson's first dance with the New Orleans Pelicans will have to wait.

The team announced on Monday afternoon that Williamson had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee to treat a torn meniscus. The Pelicans expect Williamson will miss six to eight weeks.

Williamson would miss approximately 20 games on the six-week timetable and another seven or so at eight weeks. He is slated to miss Anthony Davis' homecoming to New Orleans on Nov. 27 but should be cleared by the time the Pelicans play on Christmas Day at Denver.

New Orleans first announced the injury last Thursday, as Williamson didn't travel to New York City for the Pelicans' final preseason game against the Knicks.

His summer league debut was sold out in Las Vegas even though he only played eight minutes because of a bruise to his left knee. The 6-foot-7, 284-pound Williamson did suffer a mild right knee sprain during his only season at Duke. That injury occurred when his sneaker gave out just seconds into a game against North Carolina. He missed three weeks with the injury before returning in the ACC Tournament.

tiger0330

Legend
He’s got to drop 20 pounds. Spend that 1M plus that Lebron spends on his body every year, get a personal chef/dietitian. Start now adjusting his life style while he’s rehabbing.

tiger0330

Legend
Annual GM survey on the best coach in the NBA. Said several years ago not to overvalue Kerr with that squad he had. Coach Bud looks to be the better choice over Fizdale and he wanted the job but I don't know if he would have taken it with the Bucks coaching job there at the time.

Others mentioned, Doc, Snyder, Clifford. Fiz didn't make the list.

Pop 55%
Spo 17%
Bud 10%
Kerr 7%

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO
PF, MILWAUKEE BUCKS

Giannis Antetokounmpo exploded before fouling out during a 117-111 win over the Rockets on Thursday, scoring 30 points with 13 rebounds, 11 assists, one steal, one block, three turnovers and two 3-pointers in just 28 minutes.

Clippers beat Warriors and score 141 points, most points ever allowed by GS under Steve Kerr. The Clippers are doing this without PG13. Oh boy.

mafra

Legend
Trae Young has been fantastic.... You wonder if KAT or KP, Young or Mitchell, and RJ would?ve been a championship trio. Oh well.

Doncic looks legit too.

The next gen of players have arrived!

Broadway

All Star
Trae Young has been fantastic.... You wonder if KAT or KP, Young or Mitchell, and RJ would’ve been a championship trio. Oh well.

Doncic looks legit too.

The next gen of players have arrived!

Donchiss knows what's up

And he did, 16-25fg...39pts/9ast/7reb/2stl. Size doesn't really matter if you can play

tiger0330

Legend
Clippers beat Warriors and score 141 points, most points ever allowed by GS under Steve Kerr. The Clippers are doing this without PG13. Oh boy.
Different day, different result. Sun's beat maybe the best team in the NBA 130-122 and snap their 12 game losing streak to the Clips, they did this being short Ayton and Rubio. Nice balanced scoring with 5 guys in double figures.

mafra

Legend
KP with 32/9/5 to go with 2 blocks.... Meanwhile, DSJ is shooting 1-11 on the season.

Imagine if we had KP and RJ... it?s really that Perry should lose his job over this. We bring him in to rebuild our talent, not to trade our best asset away for a bust, cap space, and the 25th pick in the 2021 and 2023 drafts.

For them to trade KP away and they don?t even met with a top free agent?

Again, this is why Perry should be fired after this 20-win season. To start this season without KP or a top free agent is an unforgivable dereliction of duties

Fizdale has already shown in 3 games why he?s getting fired in April.

Sad when I want to watch Mavs instead of Knicks

Last edited:
KP with 32/9/5 to go with 2 blocks.... Meanwhile, DSJ is shooting 1-11 on the season.

Imagine if we had KP and RJ... it?s really that Perry should lose his job over this. We bring him in to rebuild our talent, not to trade our best asset away for a bust, cap space, and the 25th pick in the 2021 and 2023 drafts.

For them to trade KP away and they don?t even met with a top free agent?

Again, this is why Perry should be fired after this 20-win season. To start this season without KP or a top free agent is an unforgivable dereliction of duties

Fizdale has already shown in 3 games why he?s getting fired in April.

Sad when I want to watch Mavs instead of Knicks

I mean, it?s just a disaster. A better front office could do what Sam Hinkie did and keep turning one asset into two or three. Then, three or four seasons down the road you?ve accumulated a few guys on the same timeline to reverse your franchises fortunes.

But, our front office is awful. Will they be able to turn a single one of our current players into a single future draft pick this season? No.

Will they be able to turn any of our current draft picks into multiple future draft picks, which would make sense since it looks like we?re hoping to try again and compete in 2023? No.

It?s just a disaster.

mafra

Legend
It sure is. We waited almost 2 decades to draft what appeared to be even an above average NBA player (the last first round pick to sign a second contract with team was Charlie Ward! Bc Hardaway doesn?t count, we traded him away first).

We?ve been stuck in mud for 20 years, with basically 1 decent season and what do we do? We trade KP away on a wing and a prayer we could sign KD?!?

I think Mills actually thought Kd and Kyrie were coming just bc we are MSG and have an all-Black brain trust.

We shouldn?t have stretched Noah. That was mistake number 1.... and no way we trade KP.... make him walk.... Did NO regret letting AD walk for nothing?

They only way trade made sense is if Knicks walked away with 2 stud free agents. Otherwise, dealing KP would set you back another 5 years....

Hey, I get that picks matter. Last pick in Melo trade is a good PG (Murray).

Cuban makes same trade he did in Feb in July. We should?ve played out free agency and if we needed cap space, then deal KP. Call the bluff.... you think KP walks away from RJ? I doubt it. We probably would?ve been a playoff team with that duo alone.

But, personally, as a fan... trading KP and getting nothing in return was pretty much the last straw. I?ll stick around to watch RJ, but I?m almost over this team while Dolan and Mills are running things.

Even if RJ hits, Mills will sabotage his run here too.

It really is sad.

tiger0330

Legend
Told you guys this trade had Worst Trade in Knicks History written all over it. Even if DSJ was to become a serviceable NBA player, he’s never going to have the impact of a guy 7’3” that shoots the 3, blocks shots and spaces the floor like Porzingis can.

Mills was god damn arrogant with that “Well you don’t want to be a Knick, we’ll trade you” instead of getting down on his hands and knees begging KP to stay. Tired of Mills BS, can’t wait when the Knicks finish in the bottom 3 and he says the team made progress this season finishing with 25 wins a near 50% improvement over our record last season.

tiger0330

Legend
Watching end of DEN-DAL game, and crappy KP giving game away makes me smile... for a night.
He had 14 RBs and 2 blocks. When you?re 7 feet tall, you can shoot like crap and still impact the game. A 6 ft PG not so much. THJ had a nice game and is in the Dallas rotation also, if you wanted to give me DSJ and Nits for Hardaway I wouldn?t do it LOL.

mafra

Legend
BOS 3-1 and Brooklyn 1-3 (and should be 0-4).

Subtracting KI seemed to be a boon for Boston. Adding KI a negative for Nets.

I love it!