MLB Trade deadline 2008

Paul1355

All Star
yea now there i can agree a little bit even though i think Bonds can still park a good amount of HR's out there if he came back right now. I did lose almost all my respect for him though due to him takin steroids and always saying he didnt when its the most obvious thing since OJ's case. Some teams like the D Backs have reported interest in him but i think his playing days are done due to this case he's in right now. but when im sayin washup i mean like a player playing now getting a high salary that doesnt deserve it whatsoever, u now a guy that is getting paid for stuff he did years ago. I also listend to Michael Kay recently and he said the Yankees need a corner outfielder more than anything even more than a left relief man, so Nady would do the job.

mets should after guys like: randy winn, dave roberts, brian giles, barry bonds,<S>xavier nady</S>, nick markakis, johnny gomes, matt kemp, skip shumaker, david dejesus, nick swisher, brad wilkerson, willie harris, lastings milledge, marlon byrd, frank catalanotto, corey patterson, raul ibanez, gabe kapler, coco crisp.

those are who i can think off of the top of my head. any body else wanna add to the list?

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
Carlos Lee, Ryan Bruan, Vladdy, Matt Holiday WTF!!!!! METS ARE ONLY GOING AFTER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
the mets need a solid Right Field bat since Church is having his problems with that hit to the head a while back. If i were Omar Minaya i'd go for Matt Holliday since there were rumors of the Rockies trading him and he is a better contact hitter than anything else.

jpz17

Starter
I was exaggerating I was just pointing out the fact that he was saying the mets could get all those players

jpz17

Starter
Breaking News:

Yankees Aquire Xavier Nady, and Damaso Marte for prospects

They are working on a deal with Seattle for Jarod Washburn, I'm thinking Melky might be in it

Paul1355

All Star
Breaking News:

Yankees Aquire Xavier Nady, and Damaso Marte for prospects

They are working on a deal with Seattle for Jarod Washburn, I'm thinking Melky might be in it

i made a thread about the yankee trade and Washburn idk if thats good yet.

Carlos Lee, Ryan Bruan, Vladdy, Matt Holiday WTF!!!!! METS ARE ONLY GOING AFTER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why would the mets need a big name guy like that? next year the plan is fernando martinez carlos beltran and ryan church in the outfield. so what would be the purpose of getting a player like that??

dre48ny

Rotation player
Mets need a solid reliever! i don't trust Heilman in big spots. Last year our collapse was due to a weak bullpen!! Our bullpen could not close out a game when Wagner was unavailable against the Phillies and gave up a 6 spot!! Heilman gave it up last night and Sanchez has some off days. Sherill would be great, but I am sure they want huge prospects. i would look at an ex-met Chad Bradford, he played well for us in 06.

Corner Outfielder is difficult because they want too mich in return (Ibanez, Bay, Holliday). Bonds is always an option but there will be a media circus and that will cause chaos in the locker room. The only good thing is that the mets won't have to give nothing up for him and F-Mart will fill the position next season.

Maybe we need another starter, we can't rely on Duque coming back. He is very injury prone!! I love Pedro, but realistically speaking he always misses starts due to injury!! I would take a risk with Burnett, high strike out ratio, although he is also injury prone.

Paul1355

All Star
Mets need a solid reliever! i don't trust Heilman in big spots. Last year our collapse was due to a weak bullpen!! Our bullpen could not close out a game when Wagner was unavailable against the Phillies and gave up a 6 spot!! Heilman gave it up last night and Sanchez has some off days. Sherill would be great, but I am sure they want huge prospects. i would look at an ex-met Chad Bradford, he played well for us in 06.

Corner Outfielder is difficult because they want too mich in return (Ibanez, Bay, Holliday). Bonds is always an option but there will be a media circus and that will cause chaos in the locker room. The only good thing is that the mets won't have to give nothing up for him and F-Mart will fill the position next season.

Maybe we need another starter, we can't rely on Duque coming back. He is very injury prone!! I love Pedro, but realistically speaking he always misses starts due to injury!! I would take a risk with Burnett, high strike out ratio, although he is also injury prone.

lol then eventually you wouldnt trust Burnett if he has the same problem as Duque and Pedro. getting a pitcher that is injury prone is something the Mets should not risk again.