Article Suggest we win between 19-29 this season

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/55029-new-york-knicks-its-time-to-run-and-gun

At first I was pissed, and thought what idiot would think that, until I thought about how every season it seems as if we are predicting a playoff berth and it never comes to pass. Hell maybe setting the bar low will be good for us! Not to mention we own our pick in the draft, 19-29 wins is for sure a top six again! Damn already thinking of next off season!

I do disagree that we will for sure drop the first two games of the season, I think that Philly and Miami got better, but, Miami is still very beatable, and Philly may take a month or so to gel.

Sound Off!

that makes no sense. the under on your odds of our victories is higher with zach than with out, and the over is higher with out zach than with . I dont get it lol

Paul1355

All Star
im guessing 28-32 wins if zach is here, 25-35 wins without

well your range expanded without Zach going lower and higher in the minimum and max amount of wins.

I think they will win 30-40. New staff, new management, new confidence can all help in win some games that the Knicks should have won last year.

Toons

is the Bo$$
28-35
if crawford plays a more disciplined game
if marbury returns to starbury status
if galinari's name surfaces in ROY talks
if Curry plays like he did in 06-07
if chandler shows that he's ready for the starting job
if david lee gets the staarting pf position
if we get darko and he blocks shots like crazy
we can win 40 games

but then again
if if was a spliff, the world wud b high

Paul1355

All Star
28-35
if crawford plays a more disciplined game
if marbury returns to starbury status
if galinari's name surfaces in ROY talks
if Curry plays like he did in 06-07
if chandler shows that he's ready for the starting job
if david lee gets the staarting pf position
if we get darko and he blocks shots like crazy
we can win 40 games

but then again
if if was a spliff, the world wud b high

Toons, honestly, if all of that positive stuff happens, the Knicks would make the playoffs.

word@paul

if the knicks play close to that, they'll hit 50 easy

if the knicks play the way i hope, 40

if the knicks play the way i expect, 30

either way,ill say it again, the future is much brighter now (lady &) gentlemen

Well as you said NewYork NewYork I get pissed too when bloggers, and so called experts predict us so low. BUt then after awhile it hits me tht everytime they end up being RIGHT!

But this year Im REALLY REALLY beliveing we could suprise some people. Again I know we end up saying this almost every year but I can feel it this year lol

GetRealistic

Starter
I'd say a Range of 32-38 Wins. I think just having D'Antoni/Walsh over Isiah is good for 10 more wins. And don't get me wrong cause we obviously are a bad team, but we have too much talent to win 23 games. If we can atleast be in the playoff race in March i'd be happy.

Paul1355

All Star
I'd say a Range of 32-38 Wins. I think just having D'Antoni/Walsh over Isiah is good for 10 more wins. And don't get me wrong cause we obviously are a bad team, but we have too much talent to win 23 games. If we can atleast be in the playoff race in March i'd be happy.

Think of how many games last year we could have won with a little bit of team chemistry involved. How many games we were up in and then lost it from the start of the second half. This is was a huge issue in why we had a low winning season, that difference could have definitely given us 10 more wins.

:agreed:

im saying 13-28 the first half of the season, and then with chemistry the new system, they will pull out a 24-17 second half of the season and get in as the eighth seed with a 37-45 record, just over the hawks.

GetRealistic

Starter
The east is improving. The Celtics, Cavs, Pistons, Raptors, Washington, Orlando and Sixers are all legit teams. Also the Heat will be much better this year. I don't think a 37-45 record will get you into the EAstern conference playoffs anymore.

I think your over rating the teams in the east. the raptors are a crap shoot dude, who knows if oneil will play more than 30 games this year. and I Really think player for player with chemistry we are better than the raptors. the wizards will be good, the heat I still dont believe have the bench, and a lack of a center will prove to result in a 33 win season for them. I dont care how good dwayne wade is chris quinn and company just arent a good enough supporting cast. The sixers are going to be decent, but elton brand has not played in a year, and isnt 25 any more. he had a declining season(big decline in every statistical category) after his almost mvp season, and then gets an almost season ending injury, so im not sold on them yet. The pistons will win around 48 games this year. the cavs 50, and the celts around 56. orlando will win 53 games, and that rounds it out

the knicks will sneak in as the 8th seed with 37 wins

this is all based on the fact i do believe dantoni is a better coach than every other coach in the eastern cof. hands down he will have that much of an impact. maybe even more, none of the other coaches match up to him in the east. except maybe larry brown, but I feel as if brown will become very frustrated with his team. The bobcats are not that good. They have skill players at the 1 2 and 3, but a weak bench, and an injury prone wallace, okafor, and morrison, and may, thats 4 players. the bucks, nothing, the nets, got worse since last year, the bulls are more sorry than the knicks chemistry wise, and the pacers , well they speak for themselves. they suck.

1celts 56
2orlando 53
3cavs 50
4pistons48
5wizards 47
6sixers 45
7raptors 43
8knicks 37
9hawks 35
10heat 33
chicago
bucks
charlotte
nets
indiana

Paul1355

All Star
I think your over rating the teams in the east. the raptors are a crap shoot dude, who knows if oneil will play more than 30 games this year. and I Really think player for player with chemistry we are better than the raptors. the wizards will be good, the heat I still dont believe have the bench, and a lack of a center will prove to result in a 33 win season for them. I dont care how good dwayne wade is chris quinn and company just arent a good enough supporting cast. The sixers are going to be decent, but elton brand has not played in a year, and isnt 25 any more. he had a declining season(big decline in every statistical category) after his almost mvp season, and then gets an almost season ending injury, so im not sold on them yet. The pistons will win around 48 games this year. the cavs 50, and the celts around 56. orlando will win 53 games, and that rounds it out

this is all based on the fact i do believe dantoni is a better coach than every other coach in the eastern cof. hands down he will have that much of an impact. maybe even more, none of the other coaches match up to him in the east. except maybe larry brown, but I feel as if brown will become very frustrated with his team. The bobcats are not that good. They have skill players at the 1 2 and 3, but a weak bench, and an injury prone wallace, okafor, and morrison, and may, thats 4 players. the bucks, nothing, the nets, got worse since last year, the bulls are more sorry than the knicks chemistry wise, and the pacers , well they speak for themselves. they suck.

1celts 56
2orlando 53
3cavs 50
4pistons48
5wizards 47
6sixers 45
7raptors 43
8knicks 37
9hawks 35
10heat 33
chicago
bucks
charlotte
nets
indiana

did i forget something or did the Hawks make the playoffs and almost knocked off the Celtics? Joe Johnson and company is one big beast that runs you up and down the court with defense and hard-nosed basketball. The Hawks won't get less wins than the Knicks. I'd be utterly shocked if they get less wins.

just watch , i wish i knew you, I would bet for it to happen, like you said teams improved, the hawks are the same, and the knicks got better too. so where does that leave the hawks who squeezed into the playoffs, and played the series of their lives against a pressured celtics team, that was playing terribly against the hawks. the only game the celtics played like they should was game 7 where they blew them out, I Feel any young team with energy could of taken the celtics to 6 or 7 that series.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
na man for real if the knicks make the playoof i will cry man because that is a big improvment shit imagine in 2010 when we get an lebron , or wade or bosh we will be unbeatble

im saying it here first we will make the 8th seed I promise you that, we have depth, we have been together for 4 years now with this squad, and we now have a coach who can max out potential. im not worried one bit. player for player , we are just as good as half the teams in the east, its a matter of winning ball games now. and i know metro card is going to come in out of left field and knock this notion down, for sure. but read the fine print, the knicks have talent. we were right there 2 years ago. and then zeke burned us 5 games into the following season by sitting marbury for no reason, then forcing the team against him, it was all such nonsense, you wont see that shit this year, none of it.

Allen

Benchwarmer
im saying it here first we will make the 8th seed I promise you that, we have depth, we have been together for 4 years now with this squad, and we now have a coach who can max out potential. im not worried one bit. player for player , we are just as good as half the teams in the east, its a matter of winning ball games now. and i know metro card is going to come in out of left field and knock this notion down, for sure. but read the fine print, the knicks have talent. we were right there 2 years ago. and then zeke burned us 5 games into the following season by sitting marbury for no reason, then forcing the team against him, it was all such nonsense, you wont see that shit this year, none of it.

I don't know if you've noticed but our "talent" SUCKS and have been for the last 6 years. I don't get this idiotic notion that just because the knicks have "talent" or so-called talent that it will get them anywhere. Fact is the knicks players are LAZY.

They put in no effort when cheney was here, wilkens, brown, Isiah what makes people think that they will put it in any effort while Dantoni is here?
The most disfunctional team in the NBA has never shown any heart, effort, preperation, hustle, teamwork, leadership...nothing. I doubt all that will change with Dantoni.

They keep saying all the right things during the off-season but when the regular season comes they all that BS falls away and they are exposed as having done nothing to improve themselves. I will not take the word of any of the knicks players or front office personal as to what "improvements" they have made in the off-season. I will not believe that they have made any improvements until I see it on the court and so far I have seen very little.

As the saying goes...

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard."

jpz17

Starter

1celts 56
2orlando 53
3cavs 50
4pistons48
5wizards 47
6sixers 45
7raptors 43
8knicks 37
9hawks 35
10heat 33
chicago
bucks
charlotte
nets
indiana

charlotte will be close to 40, IND will suck THIS year, Chicago will win 45 maybe, Pistons will go to 45 or so, sixers are right cavs will go down knicks will be stuck with 34 wins....