New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 1/24/12

Will the Knicks FINALLY get a win?

• Yes, the Bobcats are 3-14.

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No, Antoni will find a way to mess this up too.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lin looks good, Jordan looks good and Novak is good but none of them play we should be playing them 3 plus the Balkman every game.......all great role players

These guys deserved some minutes during that losing streak but Antoni never tinkers with his rotation. Stubborn.

If we traded Jordan tomorrow I guarantee he'd be putting up decent numbers after 2 games. He's active and finishes strong.

LeFlume

All Star
Cleveland is playing their hearts out trying to Beat LeBron and the Heat right now. Hopefully they run out of gas early tomorrow and we can cruise to another win.

I stalled Landry away on my fantasy team hoping he'd re emerge and i have a secret weapon hidden away to use whenever that happened.. looks like the time is now....

Kiyaman

Legend
you should hear people, look how well they play without Melo......:teeth: lmao its the Bobcats without Maggette and Augustine we're suppose to do this

Melo & Stat are doing what they should've done at the start of the season....
letting their teammates create together.

HELL YEAH....the Bobcats is a low lottery team even with Augustine & bum-
Maggette....but we have a sorry_ss headcoach who substitution equals that
of the Bobcats talent level....playing 5 guards in the first half of the game....
the coach is a jerk.

This game turned out to be our role-players practice....3 games 4 nights starts
tommorow

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo & Stat are doing what they should've done at the start of the season....
letting their teammates create together.

HELL YEAH....the Bobcats is a low lottery team even with Augustine & bum-
Maggette....but we have a sorry_ss headcoach who substitution equals that
of the Bobcats talent level....playing 5 guards in the first half of the game....
the coach is a jerk.

This game turned out to be our role-players practice....3 games 4 nights starts
tommorow

these are the games i dont mind Melo playing passive and letting guys work but please believe this wont work against the Heat, Bulls, Lakers, Thunder.

I'm happy we won but lets not get carried away

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
these are the games i dont mind Melo playing passive and letting guys work but please believe this wont work against the Heat, Bulls, Lakers, Thunder.

I'm happy we won but lets not get carried away

Exactly, the Bobcats are the perfect kind of team for Melo and Amare to make sure their teammates build up confidence.

But like you said we ain't beating any of those elite teams you mentioned if Melo and Amare combine for 19 points.

I loved every second of this game though, I loved the ball movement, defense, and team first offense.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Exactly, the Bobcats are the perfect kind of team for Melo and Amare to make sure their teammates build up confidence.

But like you said we ain't beating any of those elite teams you mentioned if Melo and Amare combine for 19 points.

I loved every second of this game though, I loved the ball movement, defense, and team first offense.

Me too it's perfect for guys like Landry and Jeffries who we'll need in the long run

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by CA7
Lin looks good, Jordan looks good and Novak is good but none of them play we should be playing them 3 plus the Balkman every game.......all great role players

These guys deserved some minutes during that
losing streak but Antoni never tinkers with his rotation. Stubborn.

If we traded Jordan tomorrow I guarantee he'd be putting up decent numbers
after 2 games. He's active and finishes strong.

The way this game was going (I actually thought) Jordan, Lin, and Balkman
wouldve played all of the 4th quarter....we have to FIRE Dantoni after the
win in Cleveland tommorow

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Dont get too excited with Lin and Jordan. Remember they are playing garbage minutes against a garbage team. I'm not hating on them just being real about thier game. They both have potential and could be descent NBA players but still need work. Idk if they're better off riding the bench or being in the Dleague for thier personal sake.

CoolClyde

finally, Knicks played with ball movement. Stat must have threatened to cut Melo's balls off (literally) if he kept hogging the rock.

I liked Melo's game tonite, he hardly ever held onto the ball, had some good looks, just didn't fall, but allowed entire team into the game.

Laundry Folding rather well, aggressive as all hell.
STAT back into the flow, ain't it strange how he comes alive when team moves ball and runs some P&R?
Chandler the man handler showing prowess on the boards... grrrrr!

although Girafferies was active, he's still a spazturd. 6' 10" and no rebounds in 26 minutes. ok, he had some offensive moves tonite, but also 2 horrid three's, wtf is he setting up there for? why not No-vak? why not?

speaking of garbage time, Lin looked good, No-vak lights out, and of course, as most have been saying, Jerry Jordan DESERVES MINUTES! he sets up screens for P&R almost every play, he hits the boards, and the man can follow up like a muthaf*cka! more minutes for Jerry Jordan!!

this game was all about Melo finding his place in the Knicksworld, granted, against the sh*ttiest team in the league, but remember they blew out the Knicks and played them tough last couple games.

ahhhhhhhhhh.

Wargames

Starter
This was the best Game I seen in a long time. Congrats... Also Melo not scoring was an outlier man he will figure into the offense like Kobe does in LA.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer

melos shots just werent falling he'll get there imagine tn his shots fell through the score wouldve been 130-78

platnumn

Benchwarmer
fack this game felt good.

On a side note: I always watch Novak before practice, and the dude almost never misses.

Now he comes into garbage time and hits 3/3... GIVE THIS MAN MORE MINUTES.

And LIN, JEREMY LIN... Love the way this dude penetrates (nh) and dishes his balls out all over the places. 4 assists in 6min? GIVE THIS MAN MORE MINUTES.

Jerome Jordan, I always loved you... You have hustle and size, and someday you'll get some P/T over Jared Jeffries....someday

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo's hurt, almost all his shots were open and he still missed them. I'm okay about him playing 50% last night, we can only hope that now he understands that there are players who if used correctly can carry this team and he doesn't need to keep the ball every possession. Chandler went wild, 20 points and 17 rebounds, Amare added 18 points out of 58% shooting, Fields is definately back (he averaged 15.5 points in his last 4 games) and Lin dished 4 assists within just 6 minutes. Actually there were 4 more dishes underway, but Jeffries and Balkman screwed under the basket. I mean, he has still a lot of work to do, but from what I saw it seems he could fit okay into Dumtboni's system.