John Starks
herb williams

What would these players avg in todays NBA
what would their status be
and would they win it all against todays competitions

your thoughts opinions etc.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I don't know if they would be an elite team in today's NBA but I would rather have that entire roster over everybody that they have now.

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I would change that team for the current one in a heart beat!
I miss those warriors who fought for every game like if it was their last one, they were true Knickerbockers!

quiggle

Starter
they weren't even an elite team in 93-94, so they wouldn't be today. the one that had a lot of potential was the 96-97 team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
only people who would have bin good wud b ewing n oak n starks

Why not Mason and Harper???? Those guys were lock-on defenders and could score. If you like Artest then you have to like Mason...minus the 3pt ability. Mason could handle and pass like a guard plus he was an excellent on-ball and post defender. Harper could shoot and drive plus lock down many of the star guards in the league. That's the kind of guy you want at your point during crunch time in a close game.

clumsy

Rotation player
no this team would get a stupid amount of fouls every game. You can't really compare teams in different eras. NBA is softer now. I don't even know if Anthony Mason or Oakley would be effective without fouling out by end of 1st half

clumsy

Rotation player
This brings me to a very important point. The only player today who would be dominant from that squad is Patrick Ewing one of the best 2 way players in the league in his prime. This team won by having one of the strongest d's in the league with a prime Ewing and people that just abused players in paint like mason and oakley.

That team was perfectly constructed for Ewing. Killer halfcourt team. Which is why I don't understand why people are so hype to sign David Lee for ridiculous money when we don't even have an identity yet. No winning team has ever built a core of roleplayers and then tried to fit an allstar in there. It is hard enough to find an allstar let alone try to fit an allstar into a core of roleplayers.

EDIT: Meaning you need to get your all star first. Then build around his strengths. Knicks decided to build on the defensive strength that Ewing Brought by bringing in mostly defensive players.

nyk_nyk

All Star
no this team would get a stupid amount of fouls every game. You can't really compare teams in different eras. NBA is softer now. I don't even know if Anthony Mason or Oakley would be effective without fouling out by end of 1st half

Good point.

Good point.

Saying that Oak and Mase would foul out in the first half is disrespectfully calling them nothing but bulky brutes, those dudes understood the game, good defensive players are good defensive players no matter what the rules may be. If you noticed in games this year in the playoffs the refs let them play as long as it wasnt dirty, Oak Mase and Ewing would be the toughest defensive front court int he NBA today hands down. Not just because of how rough they played but their defensive IQ could not be matched by any others in todays game barring DUncan Garnett ARtest Kobe and Howard.

clumsy

Rotation player
Saying that Oak and Mase would foul out in the first half is disrespectfully calling them nothing but bulky brutes, those dudes understood the game, good defensive players are good defensive players no matter what the rules may be. If you noticed in games this year in the playoffs the refs let them play as long as it wasnt dirty, Oak Mase and Ewing would be the toughest defensive front court int he NBA today hands down. Not just because of how rough they played but their defensive IQ could not be matched by any others in todays game barring DUncan Garnett ARtest Kobe and Howard.

LOL are you crazy. They were extremely physical. They had to because neither was all that athletic. IQ is one thing, i agree they had very high defensive IQ, but today, where you aren't even allowed to put a hand on a player....They could not hang.

jpz17

Starter
Not many teams rely on the stuff that the 93-94 team relied on.

It would be a different game.. I don't think they could beat LA or Boston.. but I think they could stop LeBron enough to win a series