I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
LOL THE BIG STAT MAN SAYS THROW THE STATS AWAY LMAO HAHAHAHA,
im not even gonna argue with u, cuz this is a really stupid arguement.....u consistently try to compare players when no1 was ever making a comparison....so all ur spurs jargon is void....i never said garnet was better than barkley....i stated that barkley or malone dont have a ring...try reading next time b4 u jump on a nigga fa disagreein with u....btw, what does fighting have to do with u being a good player?? u wrong on so many levels.....
Im not a stat man. I look at everything. Fukkin idiot why would i argue marbury had his best year in 06-07 when stats dont come close to backin that up? Fukkin fakkit :td:

By sayin that barkley and malone dont have a ring and kg does...what do you expect me to think your tryna say? fighting has nothin to do with playin the game but its part of my arguement as to why kg is b!tchmade. He comes out coked up for 3 quarters and then he dissapears in the 4th. Its not worth arguing with a closed minded individual such as yourself. KG is great only because thats what you hear all the time.

ypu know MSG.. I used to respect you.. but now I don't know

says the fakkit whos afraid of me....i dont give a fukk about your respect. Just because i dont always agree with majority opinions you lose respect for me? Everyone be clownin you on this site. Dont nobody like you. Pablo Escobar ethered your b!tch ass. Fukk outta here kid.

Pricey

Rotation player
Garnett is a good player but Gasol and Odom seriously allowed him to do what he wanted. I wonder what he would have done if he came up against a Duncan or Chandler or something. I found the way he acted after he won the championship to be comical at best. Ive never seen someone so over the top and attention-seeking. Every single person in my house watched the celebrations and all said what a jackass Kevin Garnett is.
"Top of the World... Top of the world...." what a absolute joke. Nothing wrong with celebrating with ur team but i find that he tries to take the attention away and focus it on himself.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Garnett is a good player but Gasol and Odom seriously allowed him to do what he wanted. I wonder what he would have done if he came up against a Duncan or Chandler or something. I found the way he acted after he won the championship to be comical at best. Ive never seen someone so over the top and attention-seeking. Every single person in my house watched the celebrations and all said what a jackass Kevin Garnett is.
"Top of the World... Top of the world...." what a absolute joke. Nothing wrong with celebrating with ur team but i find that he tries to take the attention away and focus it on himself.

Duncan is a better person and a better player then garnett. Hes humble, hes the silent assassin. One of my favorite quotes about this comes from Ron ARtest:

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

Being humble>>being emotional

I was upset to see garnett gettin the media attention and not pierce. I hate to see KG get all the credit that he doesnt deserve. Ive seen people on other sites comparing him to tim duncan and it makes me feel disgusted.

Gasol and Odom cant challenge KG but he still underperformed. He shot 40% for the first 5 games and averaged 3 turnovers. I dont care that he had one good game. Whoopdy doo.

smh @ these lames actin like i said kg sucked. I just said that hes soft, hes overrated, and that pierce and tim duncan are both better.

Pricey

Rotation player
Duncan is a better person and a better player then garnett. Hes humble, hes the silent assassin. One of my favorite quotes about this comes from Ron ARtest:

Being humble>>being emotional

I was upset to see garnett gettin the media attention and not pierce. I hate to see KG get all the credit that he doesnt deserve. Ive seen people on other sites comparing him to tim duncan and it makes me feel disgusted.

Gasol and Odom cant challenge KG but he still underperformed. He shot 40% for the first 5 games and averaged 3 turnovers. I dont care that he had one good game. Whoopdy doo.

smh @ these lames actin like i said kg sucked. I just said that hes soft, hes overrated, and that pierce and tim duncan are both better.
Paul Pierce was sensational and deserved his finals mvp no matter how much shit we talk about him.
KG stole the limelight when it should have been on Pierce. Pierce was a Celtic for 10 years, their captain and almost traded at the start of the season. He took apart the leagues MVP in the biggest series of his life.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Im not a stat man. I look at everything. Fukkin idiot why would i argue marbury had his best year in 06-07 when stats dont come close to backin that up? Fukkin fakkit :td:

By sayin that barkley and malone dont have a ring and kg does...what do you expect me to think your tryna say? fighting has nothin to do with playin the game but its part of my arguement as to why kg is b!tchmade. He comes out coked up for 3 quarters and then he dissapears in the 4th. Its not worth arguing with a closed minded individual such as yourself. KG is great only because thats what you hear all the time.

says the fakkit whos afraid of me....i dont give a fukk about your respect. Just because i dont always agree with majority opinions you lose respect for me? Everyone be clownin you on this site. Dont nobody like you. Pablo Escobar ethered your b!tch ass. Fukk outta here kid.

lol, now im an idiot...you dont even know me, ur funny......marbury had his best year in 06-07? lol ok, lets not turn this into a "starbury" argument. Cuz u cant seem to stay on track, like u gat ADD or sumthin. I was not "trying" to say anything, i said it....i said they didnt have a ring, in reply to jr mint saying that kg took 8 years to make it out of the first round.....but u, u, the KO "bully" LMAO just has to have an opinion on everything everyone says.....just like a little bitch....KG is great because of what i hear???? how do you know what i hear?? stick to knicks arguments....u know that team well....saying that KG didnt accomplish anything in minny is garbage and stupid,...who said it was stupid, who agree with that statement is completely assified. Do u even know what verrated means??? kwame brown in highschool was overrated....KG is a proven warrior and now he is a proven champion. co and call ur fan club to back up your bullshit.....bumbaclat pussyhole

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: this is pure comedy man you got me laughin :lol:

listen up ya bumbaclot pussy boyah

I brought up marbury because you called me the stats guy. You completely missed my point, im not suprised.

I know what overrated means but you spelled it vverated :lol:

Good job spellin ADD right :thumbsup:

Im sayin kg is overrated based off of what i here analysts and fans say. When i hear kg compared to duncan and pierce....thats what makes me think hes overrated. Hes not the type of player that can carry a team like dwayne wade did or....the guy who i hate...michael jordan. Garnett did not deserve the spotlight after last night, pierce is without question the best player on the celtics. For celtic fans to say that kg is the best player on the team...its that type of sh!t that make me say hes overrated. And hes soft, he shoulda sh!tted all over the lakers from game 1.

Toons

is the Bo$$

:lol: this is pure comedy man you got me laughin :lol:

listen up ya bumbaclot pussy boyah

I brought up marbury because you called me the stats guy. You completely missed my point, im not suprised.

I know what overrated means but you spelled it vverated :lol:

Good job spellin ADD right :thumbsup:

Im sayin kg is overrated based off of what i here analysts and fans say. When i hear kg compared to duncan and pierce....thats what makes me think hes overrated. Hes not the type of player that can carry a team like dwayne wade did or....the guy who i hate...michael jordan. Garnett did not deserve the spotlight after last night, pierce is without question the best player on the celtics. For celtic fans to say that kg is the best player on the team...its that type of sh!t that make me say hes overrated. And hes soft, he shoulda sh!tted all over the lakers from game 1.

you should be a secretary the way you spot typos.....oh, and btw, here is a place.....you "here" analyst and fans say? did u drop out of the second grade or something? bottom line is, u just like to have something to say....and u stuck ur head in a a conversation that did not require your opinion....u ran on like a bitch about a sentence that wasnt directed to you....yeah...garnett is soft .lol....ur an ass...i know u hate the celtics...but discrediting KG for who he is and what he does is retarded....i have nothing else to say, cuz its like arguing with a girl about sports

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you should be a secretary the way you spot typos.....oh, and btw, here is a place.....you "here" analyst and fans say? did u drop out of the second grade or something? bottom line is, u just like to have something to say....and u stuck ur head in a a conversation that did not require your opinion....u ran on like a bitch about a sentence that wasnt directed to you....yeah...garnett is soft .lol....ur an ass...i know u hate the celtics...but discrediting KG for who he is and what he does is retarded....i have nothing else to say, cuz its like arguing with a girl about sports

This dudes a fukkin clown :lol:

You kids cant argue without swearing, can you? I partially agree with msgknicks33 but he went too far. If he had said "Garnett is soft at times and hes a great player but not as great as some people say he is" then i would completely agree.

jpz17

Starter
Kevin Garnett is a great player.. better than Rached, better than Marion, better than Gasol, better than Shaq now, better than Boozer, Ming, as good as Hoawrd now. and better than Duncan now.. I know you guys will kill be for saying that, but hes not as talented stats wise as Garnett, but he can win better thats for sure

He averaged 20 ppg and 10 rpg in the playoffs and he has more rings than Gasol now.
He has had 11 straight seasons with at least 18 ppg.
10 straight seasons with 9 rpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kevin Garnett is a great player.. better than Rached, better than Marion, better than Gasol, better than Shaq now, better than Boozer, Ming, as good as Hoawrd now. and better than Duncan now.. I know you guys will kill be for saying that, but hes not as talented stats wise as Garnett, but he can win better thats for sure

He averaged 20 ppg and 10 rpg in the playoffs and he has more rings than Gasol now.
He has had 11 straight seasons with at least 18 ppg.
10 straight seasons with 9 rpg

I agree with everything except hes not better then Duncan. Thats why hes overrated, for anyone to even think about saying that. I already posted this but I will again, this is the team that Duncan played with in 2003 when he won the championship.

Tony Parker (2nd year player nowhere near as good as he is now)
Stephen Jackson (not as good as he is now and he was the 2nd option)
Malik Rose
Bruce Bowen
David Robinson (His last season)
Manu Ginobili (Rookie and also not as good as he is now)
Steve Smith
Steve Kerr
Kevin Willis
Speedy Claxton
Danny Ferry
Devin Brown
Anthony Goldwire
Mengke Bateer

Dont even try to tell me Garnett could win a championship with this group. Hes not a #1 option like Duncan is. He shoots 47% for his career in the playoffs which isnt bad, but it cant match Tim Duncans 50% for his career playoff average.

What type of numbers did Duncan average in 2003 when he won the championship with the group above?

24.7ppg
52.9fg%
15.4rpg
5.3apg
3.3bpg

I dont think you realize how great tim duncan is.

Duncan is a better defender. Alot of players got robbed this year. KG is a great team defender but im not impressed with his one on one defense. If Pau Gasol was smarter he wouldve taken hard at KG everytime (no homo). Duncan is stronger, he owned pau gasol. You would think the quicker more athletic garnett would block more shots right? wrong!! Duncan is even a better shot blocker.

Duncans a better passer then you think he is with a playoff career average of 3.5 assists per game. The only thing that garnetts better at is shooting free throws. Hes a skinny soft overrated emotional piece of sh!t. Hes still the 2nd best big man but no fukkin way is he 1st. Thats the most ignorant thing i have heard all week.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
"Where's the fire when K.G. is down 20?" Artest declared in the first half of Game 4. "Watch how he goes back to huddle like a puppy. You're either a soldier all the time or you're not. You can't be a part-time soldier."

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: @ peter vecsey callin kg the "Counterfeit Ticket" :lol: :lol:

looks like there is no more work for me to do here. Jpz17 hit a new low in this thread after making the claim that Kevin Garnett is better then Tim Duncan. I will spare him from insults this time. Kurt Rambis recently had this to say about kevin garnett

"Thats not toughness thats false bravado"

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I said better than the current Duncan... Not the 03 one

jpz7....thats not true. Duncan still shits all over garnett and always will.

Duncan vs Lakers

22.4ppg
17.4rpg
4.8apg
2bpg

Garnett vs Lakers

18.2ppg
13rpg
3apg
1bpg

This has gotta be a fukkin joke. Please tell me you jokin? This is the dumbest arguement i have ever been part of. KG stans have been gettin shot the fukk down for years thinkin hes better then duncan. Let me put it this way...if i was unable to argue with anyone that duncan is better then garnett i would retire from my posting career. Its too easy. Duncan is a better scorer, defender, rebounder, and hes just as good of a passer. The only thing he cant do as well is shoot free throws.

Big fukkin deal. Duncan has carried a team to a championship by himself, something that garnsoft could never do. Duncan is a #1 option, garnett is too soft and shy in the 4th quarter to be a #1 option. Ive been on other forums where minnesota fans complain about garnett fading away in the 4th quarter of playoff games. They describe him as being passive. A star player and a true #1 option wants the ball in the 4th quarter.

So KG is the defensive player of the year? fukk outta here with that. That award doesnt mean shit anymore. Gasol had his best scoring game when perkins was out and garnett had to defend him for most of the game. Gasol who is also soft like garnett finished with 19 points (60%fg), 13 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 blocks.

Perkins defense on gasol>>garnetts

Heres a comparison of gasols numbers vs the celtics (KG) and vs the Spurs (duncan)

Pau vs Spurs 13.2ppg, 46%fg, 9.6rpg
Pau vs Celtics 14.7ppg, 53%fg, 10.2rpg

Garnett never has been and never will be better then duncan. Duncan with plantar fasciatis is still >>> Garnsoft.

Please no one ever make yourself look stupid and compare garnett and duncan like jpz7 just did. Theres no comparison.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I just proved that garnetts overrated. Overrated means to give too much credit to someone. Jpz7 said that garnett is better then duncan. I proved him wrong, can one of the mods please switch his vote.

jpz17

Starter
you think you proved me wrong.. you only proved to me about what teams you like and what teams you hate.. you obviously like the HATED SPURS

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you think you proved me wrong.. you only proved to me about what teams you like and what teams you hate.. you obviously like the HATED SPURS

the spurs are ok....duncans aiight but i like ginobili no homo. I finally got over them beatin us back in 99. I gotta respect them, they've had some great teams just like this current celtics team. I give credit where its due. With what you wrote it makes me think that you either cant read or did not read what i wrote.

jpz17

Starter
obviously you hate Garnett and always have.. Theres nothing the matter with that. So I should'nt even bother because its against him and not for Duncan. Now I understand that you hate him, because I would do the same about Kobe.. But we won't talk about that