N.Y. KNICKS vs. MIAMI CLIT 12-28-10 @ 7:30 PM

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The Knicks' ceiling this season is probably AT BEST a #4 seed in the East, behind Boston, Miami, and one of Chicago/Orlando/Atlanta.

I don't buy the fact that we're necessarily a worse team than the Hawks when we beat them so often last year with a much worse team (we lost a Saturday afternoon game to them...it happens...one game doesn't mean we're worse...and man the Knicks looked AWFUL that game, that was the Knicks team that lost to the Cavs and the 76ers). Orlando will give us trouble, and though we've beat the Bulls they haven't really been at full strength.

But from the Bulls wins you have to take away the fact that the Knicks showed that they knew how to play against a tough Thibodeau-coached defensive team and win. True the Bulls didn't have their best team on the floor but the Bulls without Noah are still a damn good team as you can tell by their winning streak, and we beat them.

You have to take away good stuff from the victories against OKC, DEN, NO...those teams are good...especially the Hornets were a great defensive team - we did beat them when they were missing David West, but the other two teams, no excuses can be made...we beat them fair and square, and we'd do it again.

We beat the 5-6-7 teams in the East and we've done well against every non-playoff team (basically), if you ask me the Knicks are in prime spot to make a run at the #5 or #6 seed. And their ceiling is a first-round win in 7 games and a 2nd round loss...which, after Isiah...I'll take it for now...

co-sign.

Hey, injuries are part of the game .. so to me a win against a good team is a win against a good team, no matter who they're missing.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
[REAL NY BALLER}
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
We need that extra (consistant) scorer. Gallo is getting too many minutes and he is doing nothing but destroying our rythmn. I'm going to protest this fraud every chance I get. He stinks, if he could have produce more points, grab more boards or even play some real D (instead of flopping like a frail fish) we could have beat the Heat. Too much pressure is put on the rest of the team because of his inabilities to really help this team, And , recently he's been expose for trying to get to the freethrow so that part of his game his failing too. He's a very poor contributor that is eating up way too many minutes. We could give his minutes to Shawne Williams and get the same output...maybe more.

We need Gallos starting job to be filled with another elite player if this team expects to go anywhere in the post season. I'm not content with just being a good team, I'm not one of those dudes who is satisfied with a team a little better than last years. The last few years were tanked so we can become an elite team this year...and the future. We already know what most of our core players can and cannot do...so lets get rid of the weak link, NOW, for christ sake, wtf!!!

There is no way in hell we are going to pass Miami or a healthy Boston team. I'll only be happy with a team that can compete with any team...not some of them. If the coach is going to use a short rotation and let the rest of the guys rot on the bench....makes some treades already and get this team running the right way.

Keep Chandler because he contributes points, boards, and plays solid Defense, everyone else except Stat, Felton, and fields can go. I'll even keep turiuf and Douglas because they bring defense.
{Quote}

I agree. I think that this team is playing better. But I am scare of this west coast trip. I'm being realistic and not getting my hopes up with this team.
Just because Our luck pretty much stinks at times..lol

But right now With the knicks tough schedule, I say they might make the 7 or 8th seed. I don't think the knicks are good enough to make the 4 or 5th seed. They might be either 6 or 7 or 8th seed. Hopefully I'm wrong,
But I think the knicks have the tougher schedule. with every other team getting the easier schedules.

[REAL NY BALLER}

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
We need that extra (consistant) scorer. Gallo is getting too many minutes and he is doing nothing but destroying our rythmn. I'm going to protest this fraud every chance I get. He stinks, if he could have produce more points, grab more boards or even play some real D (instead of flopping like a frail fish) we could have beat the Heat. Too much pressure is put on the rest of the team because of his inabilities to really help this team, And , recently he's been expose for trying to get to the freethrow so that part of his game his failing too. He's a very poor contributor that is eating up way too many minutes. We could give his minutes to Shawne Williams and get the same output...maybe more.

We need Gallos starting job to be filled with another elite player if this team expects to go anywhere in the post season. I'm not content with just being a good team, I'm not one of those dudes who is satisfied with a team a little better than last years. The last few years were tanked so we can become an elite team this year...and the future. We already know what most of our core players can and cannot do...so lets get rid of the weak link, NOW, for christ sake, wtf!!!

There is no way in hell we are going to pass Miami or a healthy Boston team. I'll only be happy with a team that can compete with any team...not some of them. If the coach is going to use a short rotation and let the rest of the guys rot on the bench....makes some treades already and get this team running the right way.

Keep Chandler because he contributes points, boards, and plays solid Defense, everyone else except Stat, Felton, and fields can go. I'll even keep turiuf and Douglas because they bring defense.
{Quote}

I agree. I think that this team is playing better. But I am scare of this west coast trip. I'm being realistic and not getting my hopes up with this team.

But right now With the knicks tough schedule, I say they might make the 7 or 8th seed. I don't think the knicks are good enough to make the 4 or 5th seed. They might be either 6 or 7 or 8th seed. Hopefully I'm wrong,
But I think the knicks have the tougher schedule. with every other team getting the easier schedules.

The thing is, we have opportunities to make changes to have a much better team, now. The coach is not even using much of his bench. He should package Gallo with the dead weight on the bench and get us Mello. If we had Mello insted of Gallo in this game we would have won this. Gallos contributions are lacking badly. I can give 2 shits what his fans feel. Team first.

nyk_nyk

All Star
[REAL NY BALLER}

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

{Quote}

I agree with everything you said. The bottom line is we have a chance to get a crazy talented player now and we should pursue it. I don't understand why people make statements that getting Melo will not make us a contender. No sh*t! but with a core of Melo and Amare we can put the right pieces around them to become a formidable group and compete at a high level for a few years.

Some people are happy just keeping what we have now and adding a center and pg but that won't put us in the elite category. That will only enable us to compete harder against the top teams but we still won't be championship material. Lets not act like you don't need at least 2 star players to compete for the crown. I like where we are right now but we all know some changes need to be made. For one, Gallo is not a starter! He's too inconsistent and can't stay focused for an entire game. If you replace him with Melo you get a supremely talented scorer who won't drift in and out of games. You also get that second threat that teams can't ignore or take lightly. Gallo doesn't put anyone in foul trouble and usually bails the defense out by settling for long range shots way too often.

In this league, you build you core and then work around it. Gallo Will and Fields are not untouchable players to anyone else but us which is sad. These guys have their moments but neither of them has put in the work that Melo has (sans Fields). I don't understand why guys are so obsessed with holding on to role players when you have a chance at an all-star. As MIA and BOS demonstrated, you can get good role players (center/pg/sg) once you have a solid core set. You don't see role players rushing to go to NJ or WAS because they don't have those prime guys yet.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We played the best D in the NBA, you guys gotta relax.

??????
We are great shot blockers but that is it! We get out rebounded by most of the teams we play and we do not defend out positions! What has saved us is our 3 point shooting, we can out score the lesser teams!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Why do we need more scoring; we are the #1 rated offense in the NBA! We need more defense from players that can play in a running motion offense.

la2ny

Starter
Amares' Knees

"Hi guys, I just joined KO and wanted to tell you guys Im doing well. A little lately though I've been feeling a little weighed down by the weight of carrying the whole city of NY, but other than that im cool."

P.S. "Im a little sore. Anyone know when Anthony RUdolph,and Tim Moscows' potential will arrive?"

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Amares' Knees

"Hi guys, I just joined KO and wanted to tell you guys Im doing well. A little lately though I've been feeling a little weighed down by the weight of carrying the whole city of NY, but other than that im cool."

P.S. "Im a little sore. Anyone know when Anthony RUdolph,and Tim Moscows' potential will arrive?"

THAT WAS HILARIOUS :teeth:

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
The thing is, we have opportunities to make changes to have a much better team, now. The coach is not even using much of his bench. He should package Gallo with the dead weight on the bench and get us Mello. If we had Mello insted of Gallo in this game we would have won this. Gallos contributions are lacking badly. I can give 2 shits what his fans feel. Team first.

I so agee. I don't think we'll be title contender yet, But I definitely think by next season with mello and another piece or 2, We will be a Very Good team. Who can contend. But people get mad at me Because I would like to see this team be like boston,miami,lakers... within next year or 2. Why not ? why do we have to see Every other Team Improved ridiculously by getting 2 or 3 Superstars and we keep getting our butts kicked we fight back when we know it's to late. We are lets face it, An awful rebounding team. and that is going to hurt us if we don't make changes this off-season or before.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
??????
We are great shot blockers but that is it! We get out rebounded by most of the teams we play and we do not defend out positions! What has saved us is our 3 point shooting, we can out score the lesser teams!

By "played the best D in the NBA" he means we played against the best defense in the NBA...

Why do we need more scoring; we are the #1 rated offense in the NBA! We need more defense from players that can play in a running motion offense.

Mello will bring some Defense, especially here. Its all in the chemistry and his maturity. I can see him rotating the SF/SG/PF position and/or taking turns so Stat can catch his breath. His addition will keep the tempo up beat, anyone with energy and skillz can play a big part in this system. I'm sure the defensive schemes will pick up too....natural talent, team gelling, (and the Garden fans energy) can produce a thing of beauty.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Mello will bring some Defense, especially here. Its all in the chemistry and his maturity. I can see him rotating the SF/SG/PF position and/or taking turns so Stat can catch his breath. His addition will keep the tempo up beat, anyone with energy and skillz can play a big part in this system. I'm sure the defensive schemes will pick up too....natural talent, team gelling, (and the Garden fans energy) can produce a thing of beauty.

I'm not comfortable with saying that a change of scenery or the "fans" will help to produce something that is not really there... I think that is a stretch. If we are going to go down that road I would rather work out a deal for Michael Beasley, at least he costs 1/4 of the price of Melo; practically the same player.
Listen, would I be upset if NY got Melo? No, there are many things he will add to this team but depending on what we needed to trade for him; we might be taking a step or two backwards until we replenish our roster and re-establish our game.

Last edited:
I'm not comfortable with saying that a change of scenery or the "fans" will help to produce something that is not really there... I think that is a stretch. If we are going to go down that road I would rather work out a deal for Michael Beasley, at least he costs 1/4 of the price of Melo; practically the same player.
Listen, would I be upset if NY got Melo? No, there are many things he will add to this team but depending on what we needed to trade for him; we might be taking a step or two backwards until we replenish our roster and re-establish our game.

I don't think we will give up much to get him. Cleveland has no real power in this deal, we can give them next to nothing or wait to FA and they get nothing. I'm not worried about gutting this team to get him because we are in a very rare and strong position...especially knowing Mello wants to come here. He'll work it out and campaign to have certain players stay on the team so we stay competitors. We got this, I just hope the brass knows how to play poker. Walsh is waiting to the dead line and keeping his cards close...

nyk_nyk

All Star

What are you not understanding???? That #1 rated offense only applies when Amare is on the floor. When Amare is on the bench for rest or in foul trouble what happens to our offense at that point? (I'll wait). WE NEED ANOTHER GO-TO PLAYER BECAUSE THE SMART TEAMS KNOW ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS TAKE AMARE OUT THE GAME.

We lose when amare is innefective or heavily guarded BUT we can still win games with Melo taking over in those cases.

Do you watch the games? Because this is very obvious.

No one on the team right now can generate the offense Amare gives us consistently. Melo can.

Amare and more role players WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.