Knicks @ Atlanta 1/1/10

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Yo where the haters that kept saying we should trade Nate Robinson for nothing or buy him out ASAP?! Or the ones that were saying we're better without Nate? Or Nate caused us all the losing? Nate Robinson baby!!! I really feel a 8 game winning streak w/ Nate back. Who we got next? Bobcats and Pacers?! We can do this! Let's get it Knicks!

TunerAddict

Starter
Great move by D'Antoni! Another brilliant move by D! Hopefully we can get this guy dealt for Tmac now like D'Antoni wants! Man.. I'm glad we have the best coach in the NBA

People will hate on Dantoni, but it was clear he was telling guys to let Nate iso in OT. He recognized they didn't have a guard that could stay with him. It was obvious when they started all stacking on one side of the court so he could go one-on-one.

Damn Mike Woodson failed as a coach tonight.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Great move by D'Antoni! Another brilliant move by D! Hopefully we can get this guy dealt for Tmac now like D'Antoni wants! Man.. I'm glad we have the best coach in the NBA

Wow: you had time to visit KO, between sucking off D'Antoni and getting sodomized by Walsh? I'm shocked!

bfab99

Benchwarmer
People will hate on Dantoni, but it was clear he was telling guys to let Nate iso in OT. He recognized they didn't have a guard that could stay with him. It was obvious when they started all stacking on one side of the court so he could go one-on-one.

Damn Mike Woodson failed as a coach tonight.

this guy was rooting for the Hawks?! What the hell? LOL

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Yo where the haters that kept saying we should trade Nate Robinson for nothing or buy him out ASAP?! Or the ones that were saying we're better without Nate? Or Nate caused us all the losing? Nate Robinson baby!!! I really feel a 8 game winning streak w/ Nate back. Who we got next? Bobcats and Pacers?! We can do this! Let's get it Knicks!

I, for one, tried to tell them: teams win and lose for many reasons. Nate happened to be sitting out, and the knicks started winning. So what? You could say that because it was December they played better.

It's just stupid logic, by these haters. You can't be better without a guy that can do what Nate does. It's up to the coach to know how to use a player: play him while he's hot, pull him if he makes a mistake, etc.

Only problem is that I also remember along with those games the ones we were up and he shot 1/5 on 5 straight possessions, taking us out of the game.

Live by it, die by it.

Nate is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

This. Nate's one of the streakiest players in the nba. When he heats up, he's lights out (as shown in tonight's performance). When he's cold, he ruins the offensive rhythm by taking dumb shots early in the shot clock, going iso instead of looking to find teammates, etc.

This is Nate's game. Love it or hate it, this is the player he is. If it hasn't changed by now, it most likely never will. The thing is when he's warm, like tonight, and the shots drop, no one complains.

Nate signifies this entire team, really. Jekyll and Hide. Never know what you're gonna get on a nightly basis.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I, for one, tried to tell them: teams win and lose for many reasons. Nate happened to be sitting out, and the knicks started winning. So what? You could say that because it was December they played better.

It's just stupid logic, by these haters. You can't be better without a guy that can do what Nate does. It's up to the coach to know how to use a player: play him while he's hot, pull him if he makes a mistake, etc.

Yeah I know dude. That's true and I believe the same thing. Man I admire Nate for what he's gone thru the past 14 games not playing. He was still there on the bench cheering his team. When Lee made clutch baskets he'd chest bump w/ him. When asked what will happen to him, he said, he'd like to stay as a Knick. Even after all of the benching. Good New Year's Day for us, and hopefully the Knicks can now get a winning identity with NATE a part of it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
LOL, I think the only person not cheering on The Knicks bench was Larry Hughes! I think he realizes that if Nate is doing what he supposed to, then he is out of the rotation

Great Game for Nate! I loved his post game interview, he even thanked Dantoni, lets hope this is the begining of a New Nate!

But lets not forget the play of my man Willson Chandler, serious Double Double!

If we can just get this team all playing well together, then we should be a lock to make the playoffs....but I guess that is true for any team in the league.

I actually will take this win over a win vs. NJ -ofcourse you want to win both- but this win could be a real confidence builder moving forward....after all last time we beat Atlanta we won our next four, so doing that again brings us closer to .500

TunerAddict

Starter
this guy was rooting for the Hawks?! What the hell? LOL

???

What are you talking about? I said he failed as a coach, which he did. He left Crawford in, who shot 2/12, keeping us in the game. Meanwhile he refused to double Nate or bring in a quick guard like Teague to defend Nate. He left Marvin Williams on him, who is nowhere near quick enough to defend him when he drives.

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate signifies this entire team, really. Jekyll and Hide. Never know what you're gonna get on a nightly basis.

Dude I know. This team is Jekyll and Hyde. You never know how they'll play at any time. They pass the ball great for 5 minutes, go on a 10-2 run, then suddenly they go iso and get a 12-4 run on them.

jbalsa2

Rookie
where can i find the post game interviews? Checked youtube and knicks.com and it's not up yet. any suggestions?

dlee420

Banned
"This is where I want to be. And I hope that I can stay. ... It's a new year, a new start, and I'm not looking back." - Nate Robinson

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What?

Nate played good tonight. But this is the shit we expect. He'll have a great game like this and drop 40, then shot 4/25 the next game.

You're acting like he came back and won a championship or something kid. Its one game.

Really, I thought he played pretty much the same as always. Maybe looked to pass a bit more early, but by OT he was just isoing and chucking.

We rode the hot hand like any good team does. No more, no less.

Go eat a tuna sandwich, tunafaqqot.

Radio Station Broadcast: "And now, for a limited time...buy a tunasandwich, get one free. Courtesy of tunafaqqot."

112629-Dunkin-tuna.jpg
hellman_s-mayo.jpg

corn-eating.jpg

TunaMaggot trying to lose weight by eating corn. Too bad he is eating it with high fat, high calorie butter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmao Benching Nate Robinson for 14 consecutive games was a brilliant move by Dyke Manphony? The Knicks would probably be in 7th or 8th place, had D'Anphony used Robinson from the get go. He would have helped make up for the horrendous play from both Mickey Mouse Hughes and Miss Duhomo.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Wow: you had time to visit KO, between sucking off D'Antoni and getting sodomized by Walsh? I'm shocked!

i thought it was only me who realized jpz has a man crush on those two lol....

and great game couldnt have asked for a better new years gift than a knicks win. nate was great, just like clyde said imagine if this game was in the garden? woulda been nasty. but i hate to hate but i know nate will prob have a few more hot games before he goes on his cold streak, we just gotta ride his hot hand to a few more W's. off night by lee, gallo, and harrington so nate picked the perfect time to go crazy! i just hope this team can win consistently with or without nate, it doesnt matter to me. i just want victories. and btw i think our man bigc should be working on that nate mixtape, i cant wait to see it!

mafra

Legend
I've been hard on N8 lately (b/c I know he has the talent and I've been extremely disappointed in his play/attitude prior to the benching). I think D'ant took it a little too far, but in my opinion N8 put himself in this position so he's had to deal with the consequences....

While I wont eat crow just yet.... I have to commend N8 Robinson. He's been professional since he was banished to the pine. He refused to pout (I don't think he could ever be down- HECK, thye should name new anti-depressent pills N8s)....

Nate was a class act througout, and boy did he stay ready and prepared! He was simply breathtaking tonight.

While most will point to his points, and clutchness (although the 3 missed free throws late got to me).... I'm so proud of his 8 assists and his points in the paint.

BUT, this sort of game just reminds me why we get on N8 so often.... He has the ability to make plays, get to the glass, draw fouls. NO WAY a guy like N8 should have such few free throw attempts.

We all know Robinson wont shout 18-24 on most nights. BUt remember.... N8 was RED hot today, and he still worked for his points. TAKE IT TO THE RIM. I love it. He also can average 4-6 assists per game.

D'ant should reward N8 RIGHT NOW. Make him the starting PG and let him run the show. He's earned it. I'll start to cook my crow and happily it!

I love what N8 did after the game- He even thanks coach for benching him (humbling him)....

?This is where I want to be. And I hope that I can stay. ? It?s a new year, a new start, and I?m not looking back.?

I LOVE IT. Sorry for riding you N8. Let's hope you've turned the corner and will focus on being the great player your talent suggests you can become.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
Dantoni just has to smarten up now. I get what he's tryin to say about them needing offense! I mean look, the Knicks did hold opponents below 100 in those wins, but they themselves weren't scoring much (win or lose). Nate provides that scoring definitely! Now just play aggressive defense like we have been recently and bring in offense from Nate and we should be winning many games.

Nate, Gallo, Lee, Harrington, Chandler = Dangerous OFFENSE!! So underrated.

Jeffries, Gallo, Chandler always get a block or two per game (OK DEFENSE)!

Seriously, we should be 6-7 playoff team in the EAST!

pat

Starter
As I said on numerous threads before: we all don't know what is going on behind closed doors. Whatever it was that made D'Antoni put Nate into the doghouse, they (or rather Nate) sorted it out, which is good.

Although I think that D'Antoni's sbstitution patterns seem bizarre at times (I think he is trying hard not to be predictable), but I like other things he does.

Benching Nate for 14 games is telling the others that he will do everything to maintain team discipline, that creating the frame of mind of a winning team is more important than individual players (meaning that talent won't secure you burn). I guess that D'Antoni was really happy that they actually did a good job without Nate, which is something nobody could expect.

As Ewing said on the page of this thread:
Nate is delivering!
Apparently, he got the message.

Let's hope he can remember the message for a loooooooong time.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
lmao Benching Nate Robinson for 14 consecutive games was a brilliant move by Dyke Manphony? The Knicks would probably be in 7th or 8th place, had D'Anphony used Robinson from the get go.

Dear closet fag.

Consistent assumptions, copy and pastes and homo erogenous wording won't make you popular amongst your ko.com idols. If it does, they're as sad as you are.

You seem to prefer your online team rather than the NY ball team. There really is no reason for you to post here. You're the retarded child of team starbury that craves for conflict now your ass lord is gone.

Kind regards, Actual Knick Fan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great to get the win tonight. Not a N8 fan but congrats to him. It was a chucker's 40, but it's a push toward 8th seed so that's golden.:gony:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Dear closet fag.

Consistent assumptions, copy and pastes and homo erogenous wording won't make you popular amongst your ko.com idols. If it does, they're as sad as you are.

You seem to prefer your online team rather than the NY ball team. There really is no reason for you to post here. You're the retarded child of team starbury that craves for conflict now your ass lord is gone.

Kind regards, Actual Knick Fan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great to get the win tonight. Not a N8 fan but congrats to him. It was a chucker's 40, but it's a push toward 8th seed so that's golden.:gony:

What makes you "an actual knick fan," the fact that you unquestionably attach your mouth and anus to D'Antoni's every decision and utterance?

Because ABCD questions D'Antoni's acts against Robinson, he's not a real Knick fan? Well, I guess having a backbone made of jelly is a prerequisite to being a Knick fan, these days.

Fact is, hoe, you're sorely mistaken, if you think a fan not supporting a team's coach or GM means he or she is not a real fan of that team. If that was the case, anyone who was against Isiah, e.g, many of you, would have not been "actual" Knick fans for the years Isiah ruled.

Once again, CrazyKate, you lose.

Last edited:

dlee420

Banned
Great to get the win tonight. Not a N8 fan but congrats to him. It was a chucker's 40, but it's a push toward 8th seed so that's golden.:gony:[/quote]

I was waiting to see when crazy8's would show up... umm chuckers 40? Nate took ALL good and smart shots... get out of this thread if u cant MAN UP.