How do u feel about the Knicks frontcourt Big-men?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks Big-Men?

C-Dalembert
C-Aldrich
C/F-Smith
C/F-Amare
C/F-Barg

Aug 13, and there hasn't been any Knicks news on Amare or Barg throughout the offseason. whatup?
Are they keepers for the upcoming season?

I'm curious about Phil Jackson views on Amare & Barg?
Phil hasn't said much about the two bigmen since becoming president, whatsup?
Do Phil have plans for two C/F bigmen in the tri-angle in the upcoming season?
Or will Phil trade one or two of the C/F bigmen during the regular season?
How would Fisher use the 6.11 Amare, and 7.0 Barg as scorers in a triangle system?

How will Fisher use Dalembert / Smith / Aldrich in the (bigman-center) rotation?
Will Fisher run small line-ups throughout the season having 4 SF (Melo, Outlaw, Acy, Early)?
Or will Fisher triangle line-up have C-Dalembert and PF-Amare as Starter/Finisher?

Dalembert 12 year career has always average 24 minute per game.
Its funny, Tyson Chandler average 26 minutes per game too, until becoming a Knicks to average 33 minutes.
Jason Smith also gave a great performance at center when playing a limit of 24 minute per game, in line-up with a decent offense/defense PF-Anthony Davis.

Kiyaman

Legend
I looked on ESPN to get their analysis on the Knicks centers, and the analysis on the Knicks PF.
It's not worth the read. Unless u believe the Knicks roster are a 10th seeded team.

ESPN has the Knicks Phil/Fisher triangle mainly running small-ball throughout the season with Melo at the PF position.
If Melo plays at the 4 spot for just 24 minutes per game, how much playingtime does that leave for all the Knicks big-men on their final season contract "Amare, Barg, Dalembert, Smith, and Cole" to receive per game?

Unhappy Bigmen fighting each other all season for un-chemistry playing time in a line-up with PF-Melo, that will lead the Knicks to becoming a 10th seeded team with no hope of getting a ring.

I would rather have two bigmen "gelling" in the same line-up for 24 minutes per game (Dalembert/Amare, then Smith/Barg) dominating the paint & boards throughout the season to increase their FA value at the end of the season. What about you?

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
:agreed: Couldn't agree more, with roster as is I want Melo primarily at 3, of course you can adjust based on matchups, but you have to find a way to get your best players on floor

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm a huge Amare fan but I have to admit that this line up is terrible. We must all hope and pray that Amare can be a considerable factor in the offense consistently throughout the season. Since this is a contract year, I expect him to really improve. (fingers crossed). But that's all hope and you can't build a team on hope, so this line up is terrible. Aldrich will be interesting to watch in the triangle.

We all know what Melo can do. The success of this season depends on the team's collective ability to play team ball and also how consistent Amare and JR can be. This can be a dangerous team in the east if this all comes together.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm a huge Amare fan but I have to admit that this line up is terrible. We must all hope and pray that Amare can be a considerable factor in the offense consistently throughout the season. Since this is a contract year, I expect him to really improve. (fingers crossed). But that's all hope and you can't build a team on hope, so this line up is terrible. Aldrich will be interesting to watch in the triangle.

We all know what Melo can do. The success of this season depends on the team's collective ability to play team ball and also how consistent Amare and JR can be. This can be a dangerous team in the east if this all comes together.

The Knicks have a line-up that will out-score the majority of their opponents for 9 straight minutes in any quarter.

Dalembert, Amare, Outlaw, Shump, plus the missing veteran PG Phil must get before the season begin.
This line-up may not come to pass for the fact of Dolan giving Melo a $124M contract in the offseason.

Melo averaging 30 plus minutes of playing time before the end of the 3rd quarter each game, really had nothing to do with puppet coach Woodson.
D.Wade did not like it when Lebron did that, Westbrook and Harden didn't like it when Durant did that, the Bulls team (Deng mainly) did not like it when Derek Rose did that.
It's considered plain ole SELFISHNESS from franchise super-stars competing for the season scoring title (stats), while healthy backup players get DNP, and spot-minutes throughout the regular season.

Watup Donchris .... My wife n I are thinking bout moving to Raleigh NC, what parts of Raleigh would u suggest for a young retired couple?

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Knicks have a line-up that will out-score the majority of their opponents for 9 straight minutes in any quarter.

Dalembert, Amare, Outlaw, Shump, plus the missing veteran PG Phil must get before the season begin.
This line-up may not come to pass for the fact of Dolan giving Melo a $124M contract in the offseason.

Melo averaging 30 plus minutes of playing time before the end of the 3rd quarter each game, really had nothing to do with puppet coach Woodson.
D.Wade did not like it when Lebron did that, Westbrook and Harden didn't like it when Durant did that, the Bulls team (Deng mainly) did not like it when Derek Rose did that.
It's considered plain ole SELFISHNESS from franchise super-stars competing for the season scoring title (stats), while healthy backup players get DNP, and spot-minutes throughout the regular season.

Watup Donchris .... My wife n I are thinking bout moving to Raleigh NC, what parts of Raleigh would u suggest for a young retired couple?

Sorry for the delayed response Keyaman. Raleigh is a cool, small but growing city. There's certainly more going on in Charlotte, but this is a good place for families. If you're coming from the north east you may want to look at Cary NC, which is right between Raleigh and Durham. I'd stay away from any area's near universities (there are a lot of them down here). Too many drunken college kids.

tiger0330

Legend
Sorry for the delayed response Keyaman. Raleigh is a cool, small but growing city. There's certainly more going on in Charlotte, but this is a good place for families. If you're coming from the north east you may want to look at Cary NC, which is right between Raleigh and Durham. I'd stay away from any area's near universities (there are a lot of them down here). Too many drunken college kids.
Hey Donchris I have plans on buying a winter place down south and was wondering if you could compare SC to NC. I didn't get a good recommendation on SC, I was told it was too backwards and provincial esp someone coming from NY where there are so many things to do. I am focusing on the Atl Ga area for now but I would like to hear your opinion on NC vs GA if you have any.

Kiyaman

Legend

Thanks, my wife and I are going to spend 2 to 3 weeks in NC looking for a place, we both have to much family in GA, SC, and Virginia.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Hey Donchris I have plans on buying a winter place down south and was wondering if you could compare SC to NC. I didn't get a good recommendation on SC, I was told it was too backwards and provincial esp someone coming from NY where there are so many things to do. I am focusing on the Atl Ga area for now but I would like to hear your opinion on NC vs GA if you have any.

I hate to jump in, but when I left NY I lived in SC, my family is from there and we still have a home there. Depending on where you want to live, SC can be nice. Columbia where my dad lives is a nice town, and then you have other areas, smaller that are cool, or you can move closer to the beach, charleston is a nice town as well.

I live in Atlanta, have been here a while, it is also a very good choice.

tiger0330

Legend
I hate to jump in, but when I left NY I lived in SC, my family is from there and we still have a home there. Depending on where you want to live, SC can be nice. Columbia where my dad lives is a nice town, and then you have other areas, smaller that are cool, or you can move closer to the beach, charleston is a nice town as well.

I live in Atlanta, have been here a while, it is also a very good choice.
Thanks TKF for the input. I have people that live in Cumming and I have spent some time in SC, Columbia was nice but I didn't spend enough time there to really get to know it. Any opinion on NC vs. SC?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Thanks TKF for the input. I have people that live in Cumming and I have spent some time in SC, Columbia was nice but I didn't spend enough time there to really get to know it. Any opinion on NC vs. SC?

no problem..

NC is cool. If you like the mountains especially a lot of great places, but if you looking for a summer place, I assume you want to be where it is warm and probably near the water.. SC may be the better option.... especially savannah, charleston and other smaller towns on the coast.. SC is a lot nicer than given credit for. just my two cents.

Kiyaman

Legend
no problem..

NC is cool. If you like the mountains especially a lot of great places, but if you looking for a summer place, I assume you want to be where it is warm and probably near the water.. SC may be the better option.... especially savannah, charleston and other smaller towns on the coast.. SC is a lot nicer than given credit for. just my two cents.

I have to agree, SC does have a lot of summer spots to enjoy. From Columbia, Charleston, Myrtle beach, to this one beach we used to go fishing as Kids that us kids named it Moskito-beach, it had a little hidden island right off the beach.

tiger0330

Legend
Great input guys. I forgot about Myrtle Beach, I was down there for 5 days playing golf many years ago, unbelievable how many golf courses and things related to golf there are in that town.

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to the post at hand .... What up with the Knicks top rumors in August, where the Philly 76er's are interested in Amare Stoudemire?

When I thought, Phil made the trade for Acy and Outlaw, because Phil and Fisher were interested in keeping Amare Stoudemire to put in a frontcourt bigmen lineup with C/F-Smith, C/F-Amare, and Outlaw/or Acy.

The thought of trading Amare to a low cap team for nothing in return reminds me of the Zach Randolph trade to Clippers 2008-9, and the David Lee trade to GS 2010-11, where we receive nothing in return, but career injured players that never put on a Knicks uniform, plus injury-prone role-players. Zach & Lee were top 10 PF in the NBA the past 3 seasons.

Trading Amare to a low-cap 76er's team to give the Knicks cap-relief should've been done before the Chandler/Felton trade to give the Knicks option on the 2014 FA in early July.

tiger0330

Legend
The 76ers took Thabeet to get closer to the min salary the league requires and that will be the reason they acquire Stat but they're going to want compensation in the form of draft picks to take Stat off of our hands. Trading Stat now is just not going to happen and if he has an injury free year and the Knicks surprise PJ will keep him.

Chandler was our most tradeable asset and we were lucky to get rid of him. Cuban still remembering how Chandler helped him win a champioship and his philosophy that team chemistry is more important than a players talent probably made Dallas the only team that would take an overpaid, overrated Tyson Chandler. Glad we were able to get something back for him rather than let his contract expire for nothing.

Felton for Calderon is a no brainer. Guys talk about Calderon getting older but he was never athletic in the first place so he may be one of those PG's like Steve Nash that play into their late 30's. As long as he can maintain that career 41% 3 pt.% he'll be way more an asset on this team than Felton.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 76ers took Thabeet to get closer to the min salary the league requires and that will be the reason they acquire Stat but they're going to want compensation in the form of draft picks to take Stat off of our hands. Trading Stat now is just not going to happen and if he has an injury free year and the Knicks surprise PJ will keep him.

Chandler was our most tradeable asset and we were lucky to get rid of him. Cuban still remembering how Chandler helped him win a champioship and his philosophy that team chemistry is more important than a players talent probably made Dallas the only team that would take an overpaid, overrated Tyson Chandler. Glad we were able to get something back for him rather than let his contract expire for nothing.

Felton for Calderon is a no brainer. Guys talk about Calderon getting older but he was never athletic in the first place so he may be one of those PG's like Steve Nash that play into their late 30's. As long as he can maintain that career 41% 3 pt.% he'll be way more an asset on this team than Felton.

That was the most important thing about Tyson, he was tradeable throughout the offseason for $14M.
We had plenty of time to trade Tyson Chandler for a better return (Asik & Holiday or Jennings & Monroe).
Cuban have to be angry at Shawn Marion signing with the Cavs, Tyson need Marion leadership in the Mavs frontcourt.

Calderon & Felton career performance are equal, they are starters, and inconsistent finishers with no defensive talent.
The two PG will give u the same performance under a strong discipline coach Carlyle or Fisher.
Calderon may have more NBA experience than Pablo Prigioni, but Prigioni is a better crunch-time Finisher than Calderon.
If puppet Woodson had a brain he would've realize Prigioni was our finisher PG, if he paid attention in the Knicks 2 postseason series in 2012-13 season.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I know it is easy now to take shots at woodson. I never thought he was that good anyway, but certainly not the reason why this team was bad last year.... or at least not the only reason...

As far as fisher goes, how do you know what kind of coach he is or will be? you already listed him along with carlyle( a championship coach may I remind you) as a strong disciplined coach.... really? where has fisher coached to even give us a hint that is the kind of coach he will be, or will he buckle under the pressure of the Job? who knows? but to label fisher as anything but a question mark at this point is just not reasonable... this guy has never coached or sat on a bench as a coach in the NBA.. we have not clue...

Kiyaman

Legend
I know it is easy now to take shots at woodson. I never thought he was that good anyway, but certainly not the reason why this team was bad last year.... or at least not the only reason...

As far as fisher goes, how do you know what kind of coach he is or will be? you already listed him along with carlyle( a championship coach may I remind you) as a strong disciplined coach.... really? where has fisher coached to even give us a hint that is the kind of coach he will be, or will he buckle under the pressure of the Job? who knows? but to label fisher as anything but a question mark at this point is just not reasonable... this guy has never coached or sat on a bench as a coach in the NBA.. we have not clue...

Yeah, Fisher's 2nd/3rd season will be the time to grade his style of coaching with other top name coaches.
Resume .........
Fisher has been the assistant-coach on the court for head coaches ...Nelson, Sloan, Brooks, and Phil.
Fisher's veteran respect from players, coaches, officials has earned him a strong candidate as a head-coach.