Anyone worried that if D.Howard goes to the NJN's they would be better than us?

knicksin60

Starter
Not to sound negative but having the best center in the NBA and one of the best PG's would make the Nets a top 5 seeded team in the East.It would remind me of the days when the Nets had Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. I just don't know why Howard all of sudden wants to go to a team that no superstar free agent wanted to go to in the past few years. I still think that the Knicks are a better team than the Nets even with Dwight Howard.But having to see Dwill and D12 on the same team 4 times a year will be a tough competition for the Knicks.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
its plausible for concern but i wouldn't be worried we can still beat them, our team compliments that we can fight them inside and out, it'd be battles but we can definitely take them

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Absolutely. Terrified!

Best C in the game and D Wil. **** that! We don't need that in our division.

We'd have them offensively, but when it comes to D12, there is not a team in the league that can suffer that beast. They'd be constantly on our tail or we on theirs.

There were talks about Prokhorov over stepping the mark with Howard as a FA. I pray that it's true and the league take action and take their first rounders for them for the next 5 years.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Im my opinion he ends up with D-Will but not with New Jersey, in Houston.....yup

smokes

Huge Member
Meh it would be a good matchup but it doesn't make them better than us. A pretty close second yes but not better.

Anyway Lakers gave up on CP3 and set their sights on D12, I think he'll go there. Dunno. Magic will take whatever the best offer is, I think Bynum is better than Lopez personally.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Meh it would be a good matchup but it doesn't make them better than us. A pretty close second yes but not better.

Anyway Lakers gave up on CP3 and set their sights on D12, I think he'll go there. Dunno. Magic will take whatever the best offer is, I think Bynum is better than Lopez personally.
I dont think so, Brook Lopez plus 2 first round picks? Dwight would be there right now.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Two picks and a center who plays a lot (I don't know if he even missed a game) is a better deal than Bynum to me.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Two picks and a center who plays a lot (I don't know if he even missed a game) is a better deal than Bynum to me.

If I'm Orlando I want

Brook Lopez
Anthony Morrow
MarShon Brooks
Damion James
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jordan Williams
2 future 1st
2 future 2nd
cash
trade-player exception

for

Dwight Howard
Hedo Turkoglu

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
If I'm Orlando I want

Brook Lopez
Anthony Morrow
MarShon Brooks
Damion James
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jordan Williams
2 future 1st
2 future 2nd
cash
trade-player exception

for

Dwight Howard
Hedo Turkoglu
And Bynum and Gasol are better?

CA7

Scoring Champ
And Bynum and Gasol are better?

yes they are but do they make you better than the Heat/Knicks/Bulls/Celtics no, I mean its either get younger or get not good but not bad, I rather suck and be young with the hopes of getting lucky in the lottery than to have Gasol/Bynum with no one else

I'd def send him out west though I dont wanna see him 3 or 4 times a year

smokes

Huge Member
^ Exactly. Plus Brook is not even close to a replacement for D12 he has never come into his own in the center role he can't rebound... He's so average. Lakers can give them Bynum + salary dump + cash. Yes they would potentially get more "assetts" from the Nets and a less injury risk player but at the same time Bynum has the strength and size to actually be a decent replacement and slot in right away without too much adjustment.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
yes, I would be worried. I would be worried even if it was just Dwight Howard. That's 4 games against a 20-14+(random number of blocked shots). I dont wanna deal with that. Plus, from a marketing standpoint, I dont wanna hear about how great Jay-Z and Prokorov have been for Brooklyn. I love my hometown and they kicked out hundreds of people from their homes and businesses to bring the freakin' Nets? -___________-

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Id worry just as much as I worried about the Magic, which is not that much. Can Dwight dominate a game? of course. Do I think the Magic or the Nets are going deep into the playoffs? negative!

Cuse.. Didnt all those people get paid out to move? I beleive the last person to leave got like a million dollars. Brooklyn would benefit from a succeesful Nets team the only downside I see is how crowded Atlantic Ave is going to be. Everyone I know form BK is excited about the Nets but maybe it's different when you know somebody who lived there.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Id worry just as much as I worried about the Magic, which is not that much. Can Dwight dominate a game? of course. Do I think the Magic or the Nets are going deep into the playoffs? negative!

Cuse.. Didnt all those people get paid out to move? I beleive the last person to leave got like a million dollars. Brooklyn would benefit from a succeesful Nets team the only downside I see is how crowded Atlantic Ave is going to be. Everyone I know form BK is excited about the Nets but maybe it's different when you know somebody who lived there.

I'm sure there are people who are excited and I pity them. We've had a basketball team for decades.....a part of me (and it's probably completely irrational but wut the hey?) just can't accept the Nets as a BROOKLYN team. I just can't. It doesn't even sound right, Brooklyn Nets? It's a joke and they're fooling everyone with that Jay-Z marketing crap. I just wanna shove that billboard up Prokorov's butt.....

KBlack25

Starter
Worried? No. I do not care about what the Nets do, I care about what the Knicks do. And what the Knicks are doing I think will work.

skisloper

Starter
Howard will end up at the LAKERS....
Lamar Kardashian now with Dallas...
frees up cap space....will be Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk...then they use amnesty for Turk.

Nets get stuck with NENE and Williams moves to Dallas next season

NETS WILL BE SCREWED

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Howard will end up at the LAKERS....
Lamar Kardashian now with Dallas...
frees up cap space....will be Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk...then they use amnesty for Turk.

Nets get stuck with NENE and Williams moves to Dallas next season

NETS WILL BE SCREWED

can we get Turk once he hits waivers? A lack of a stretch 4 killed us last year after we gave up Gallinari.