How many NBA players actually dribble the ball the right away?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe a lot of you didn't notice, but a long time ago you used to not be allowed to carry...at all. Most players today, even if they're unguarded walking up the court, carry the ball. It's supposed to be up and down. They allow it today, and I hate it. Yeah, a lot of guards are quicker today, but could they do a lot of the stuff they do without carrying? Every team has a guard who can do "amazing" things.

The only player that you can see easily doing it right is Jason Williams. Grant Hill and Blake I think do as well. Maybe Carmelo Anthony.

It's a pet peeve of mine. To make matters worse we're in an era where you get called for a foul even touching your opponent, this gives them even more of an advantage.

Sage

Rotation player
Travelling (both before the dribble and after) annoy me much more than carrying when they don't get called. But rules are rules, anyone that handles the ball beneath the "equator" should get called.

Yes you're right, but if they were calling it all the time games would be terrible to watch. No flow and 25 turnovers per team.

What annoys me the most is the BS most of the commentators talk. Everyone who can play a bit is 'one of the greatest of all time' these days...it's very annoying.

The Clippers commentator called Blake Griffin one of the 'top 3 passing forwards of all time' last night. Shit like that annoys me.

The Wizards commentator recently called John Wall 'the fastest guard to ever play the game' when we played against Washington.

Mark Jackson said on ESPN that 'Dywayne Wade is the second best shooting guard of all time'

I know everyone should have his own oppinion, but tings like that just annoy me. Today's players are always the best in everything according to the media....what a joke.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yes you're right, but if they were calling it all the time games would be terrible to watch. No flow and 25 turnovers per team.

What annoys me the most is the BS most of the commentators talk. Everyone who can play a bit is 'one of the greatest of all time' these days...it's very annoying.

The Clippers commentator called Blake Griffin one of the 'top 3 passing forwards of all time' last night. Shit like that annoys me.

The Wizards commentator recently called John Wall 'the fastest guard to ever play the game' when we played against Washington.

Mark Jackson said on ESPN that 'Dywayne Wade is the second best shooting guard of all time'

I know everyone should have his own oppinion, but tings like that just annoy me. Today's players are always the best in everything according to the media....what a joke.

It's a superstar era. It is annoying. Kevin Durant is great and will get better, but the next Kobe?

And as far as them calling it and there being a lot of turnovers, well if they made it a rule again they wouldn't do it much. They didn't do it for decades and now there's a lot more drills. The game would still be entertaining. There's TOO many "fancy" players.

PattyPat

Banned
It's a pet peeve of mine. To make matters worse we're in an era where you get called for a foul even touching your opponent, this gives them even more of an advantage.
I understand. I used to get annoyed with it, too. I don't let it bother me anymore. You have to look at it as that it's not a rule in the NBA even if it is in the rule book.