Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 3/13/2021 2:00 pm [Game #39]

Kiyaman

Legend
Eastern conference starting to get a small bit of separation. Philly, Brooklyn, and Milwaukee clearly at the top. Knicks part of a 4-team group separated by 0.5 games for playoff seeds 4 through 7. The next group of teams, including 8th seed and teams just out of playoffs, is another 1.5 to 2.5 games behind.

It’s not much, but if the Knicks can keep up the 0.500 play, they should stay in competition for a mid playoff seed.

Not to be the messenger of BAD news, butt .. I dont see Thibs/Woodson Knicks (Payton, RJ, Bullock, Randle, Noel, and 6th man Rose) winning one game in a playoff series against certain East teams like Brooklyn Nets, Bucks, Philly, Boston, or Miami. We still have problems finishing on a fast-break.
Plus our next 10 game schedule is rough, and have us going 3-7 in our next ten games giving us a 23-26 record.

Why Quickley's not a starter? He's a rookie-guard!
It does not matter how much winning potential IQ has showed in his performance. Quickley's talent & Skills has showed us repeatedly he is a 30+ plus minute player throughout the first half of the season. Plus Quickley is best suited for the SG position (to help out our so-call experience PG Payton/Rose).
Recall the majority of our previous season losses were from having a rookie-guard RJ Barrett as a starter receiving 32+ plus minute per game, RJ Barrett looked lost on offense and defense last season. We not only needed a NBA experience starter PG last-season, we needed an NBA experience SG too. When Marcus Morris left, our offense (Payton/RJ/Randle) really went Kaput.

Now today, we have 3 consistent scorers in Randle, Rose, and rookie Quickley.
The trio need a lot more offensive-plays with teammates from Thibs & Woodson.
Our team-defense isn't perfect, but it has been getting better as the season goes on.
I do miss MitchRob.
The first half of the season the Knicks did hold their own chasing after a ,500 record.
It's midseason now .......

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh yeah, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander rested one of the weekend back to back games, he rested the Knicks game to be fully healthy to beat the Morant Grizzlies on Sunday .. 122 - 128

tiger0330

Legend
Oh yeah, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander rested one of the weekend back to back games, he rested the Knicks game to be fully healthy to beat the Morant Grizzlies on Sunday .. 122 - 128
Hardly recognized the team the Thunder fielded against us including the coach. You could have told me it was some Euroleague team playing in an exhibition here and I would have believed you. Bunch of no names we should be expected to beat, the Nets tonight won’t be so easy.