Miller or Nash?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Ok, i hear fom many different people and websites we most likely will be looking for a point Guard this offseason. The first two that come into my Mind are Steve Nash and Andre Miller. Both are good in their own respective ways.

So let's say Nash indeed opts out this offseason, and Philly does not resign their PG. We have two main choices here. If you were Donnie, who would you pick?

JayJ44

Starter
Both of them would have to agree to sign with us for the MLE. I don't think both of them would do that, especially Miller. I could see Nash coming for cheap because of D'antoni and NYC.

But if we're in a situation where we have to choose, I would go with Nash. He's familiar with the system, he's a better passer and shooter. He makes the players around him better, and I think he's just better overall than Miller. Plus, him coming here might get other free agents to come here.

dave2138

Rotation player
Just to make sure you guys are clear on this..Phoenix has a team option to keep Nash for the 2009/2010 season. I would say its probably 99.8-100% chance that they keep him since they are a far better team with him, and have no 1st round pick next year as a benefit for losing.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Just to make sure you guys are clear on this..Phoenix has a team option to keep Nash for the 2009/2010 season. I would say its probably 99.8-100% chance that they keep him since they are a far better team with him, and have no 1st round pick next year as a benefit for losing.

I know, thats why i said IF hes a FA this offseason.

dave2138

Rotation player
you made it seem though in the 1st post that Nash has a choice whether he opts out or not.

Its Phoenix's choice and they have no reason to release him. Just go for 1 last run with Nash-Stat-Shaq since they will all be gone the following year anyway.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
you made it seem though in the 1st post that Nash has a choice whether he opts out or not.

Its Phoenix's choice and they have no reason to release him. Just go for 1 last run with Nash-Stat-Shaq since they will all be gone the following year anyway.

Well if they do miss the playoffs this year (and most likely will) they might just say f*ck it and rebuild from the ground up. That's whats strongly being implied about now with all the rumors,

dave2138

Rotation player
I guess..but you have to admit there is almost 0 chance that will happen, since they don't have a 1st round pick and obviously when healthy they are as good as the elite teams in the west.

LeFlume

All Star
They might look for a trade so they can get something in return. Not many team like to see people leave as FA. Steve Kerr might look for a trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree with JayJ, but Miller is an under-rated defender for sure. He blocks a decent amount of shots at the point. Nash knows the system, that's true. But as far as longevity goes I'd probably have a tough time choosing to take Bibby, Miller or Nash.

They're all highly capable pgs, with a flaw when compared to one another:

-Nash is OLD
-Miller has at times been close to an All Star level player but his skills are fading.
-Bibby's on par with Miller (though a lot more dependent in big situations.)

Massive head scratcher.

I'll just say that each of them is better than Duhon.

clumsy

Rotation player
Isn't Miller a halfcourt PG? He's not the fastest guy in the world. Plus they have Brand, or at least had Brand, so that leads me to believe they had to run a slower set up/halfcourt type of offense.

I'd rather have Nash cuz there is no adjustment.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Nash all the way. Phoenix is collapsing so this offseason will be interesting!! Shaq is already making noise that he's upset. I think the Suns want to avoid luxury tax, so they could very well let Nash walk since he probably won't resign there anyway.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
after the year we had at the PG position, we're definitely gonna have to pursue a PG that can distribute the ball like these two can.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nash knows he's not gonna win here. If the Knicks make some good moves in the off-season, then I wouldn't be surprised if he took the MLE. He's gonna need some pretty solid convincing. He has a house in NY as far as I know.

If we are to sign a pg this draft, then it'd be a huge blessing.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nash knows he's not gonna win here. If the Knicks make some good moves in the off-season, then I wouldn't be surprised if he took the MLE. He's gonna need some pretty solid convincing. He has a house in NY as far as I know.

If we are to sign a pg this draft, then it'd be a huge blessing.

I dont know about you guys, but im jumping on the Ty Lawson bandwagon. Dude can only get better at defense, plus he steals the ball real well.

Sounds like someone i would want on this team.