Amare Stoudemire's brother dies

Seba

Benchwarmer
The brother of New York Knicks star Amare Stoudemire died in a car accident early Monday morning in Florida, a team spokesman confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

Hazell Stoudemire was driving at a high rate of speed and collided with the rear of a tractor trailer, the Florida Highway Patrol told TMZ.com. The police told the website that the 35-year-old was not wearing a seatbelt.

The team said that Stoudemire is traveling to Florida to be with his family and will not be with the team for Monday night's game against the Jazz in New York.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...w-york-knicks-amare-stoudemire-dies-car-crash

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Oh man.

The poor Stoudemire family.

Only 35 years old, too. I assume that Amar'e bought him the car. Damn.

We wish your family peace and understanding as you go back to the world, Mr Stoudemire.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Horrible and unfortunate for the Stoudemire family. Very bad for the Knicks chances tonight, but as we know, life doesn't pause for a basketball game.

Paul1355

All Star
Praying for Amare that he gets through this and that his brother knew Jesus Christ.....don't usually pray for NBA pro's but today is one of those days.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I hope he stays strong, there's nothing like losing family.. RIP

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea, if you have a twitter, send him some kind words. It might be frivolous, but it might also make him feel A LITTLE easier that Knicks fans are praying for him and his fam.

CoolClyde

VERY sad. not wearing a seatbelt...
my heart and prayers go out to the STAT family, to all to stay strong
and tall. let's hope STAT comes back with renewed vigor, to play
this season as a tribute to his fallen bro. god bless.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
VERY sad. not wearing a seatbelt...
my heart and prayers go out to the STAT family, to all to stay strong
and tall. let's hope STAT comes back with renewed vigor, to play
this season as a tribute to his fallen bro. god bless.

Exactly, were going to win a championship now, prayers go out to the stoudemire family

quiggle

Starter
well he was speeding not wearing a seatbelt and probably intoxicated and reading this past history its hard to feel sorry

In 1999, he was convicted of selling drugs and sexual abuse and went to prison.

He pleaded guilty to child abuse after being accused of getting a minor pregnant in 2004. He went back to jail for eight months.

In 2008, his ex-wife accused him of raping her, but he was acquitted. She later recanted and pleaded guilty to perjury.

Two years later, he was arrested on a domestic violence charge for allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman.