Around the NBA 2012-13 Season.

metrocard

Legend
Discuss recent games of the NBA 12-13 Season.

Did anyone see Terrance Ross breakout game for the Raps? Dude scored 26 off the bench.

Anyone see him as a potential 18 ppg scorer? I believe he has what it takes.

Enes Kanter had 15 and 8 in 20 minutes...may have to pick him up in fantasy.

Greveis Vasquez is exploding and is emerging from a C level to PG to a B level PG...keep an eye for him, he's putting up big time numbers and won WC player of the week.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee, Curry, and the rest of the Warriors just beat the Clippers decisively. I love this team.

Yea, someone laughed at me earlier for calling the Warriors potential elite.

If you look at their bench, Jarrett Jack is probably the best back up PG in the NBA in terms of balance, he can pass, score, play defense, and shoot...great security for an injury prone Curry, and dropping Ellis was great because Curry and Ellis never mixed well together.

Thompson is slowly improving, he can potential become a Reggie Miller he works harder in improving his movement without the ball.

Rush/Barnes/Green is a very dynamic SF trio.

Lee is an all star this year and well deserved, it's really been him and Aldridge at the PF position this year.

Ezeli was a great late round pick who will emerge into a Dale Davis/Dampier type defensive C role player, Warriors got a deep bench and a great scoring trio with Lee, Curry, and Thompson, all these guys can score efficiently and they're not the best team in the West, but you have to respect their potential as a team, especially when healthy.

metrocard

Legend
David Lee proves that defense just takes hard work and practice.
He shut Blake Griffin today, to 2-11 FG, 10 points, 6 rebounds, in 35 minutes of Blake's playtime.

Stoudimire should take notes.

smokes

Huge Member
Warriors are definitely scary the way they are playing. Curry and Lee are legit all stars this year.

metrocard

Legend
Warriors are definitely scary the way they are playing. Curry and Lee are legit all stars this year.

Can't believe I saw Curry out play Chris Paul, who I think is the MVP this year.

Remember when everyone ****ted on Mark Jackson last year? Man, he's been coach of the year IMO...he's totally got that team playing at their fullest potential.

Did you see this epic Griffin flop?

blake_fall2.0_standard_730.0.gif

metrocard

Legend
Lakers next 5 games

@Clippers
Nuggets
@Houston
@San Antonio
OKC

when will they turn it around? I thought they had a scary team, but seems like they didn't come to play this season.

smokes

Huge Member
Man I love how quick you get your hands on these gifs, saves me from clicking on youtube videos which I'm too lazy for usually :lol:

I actually started to get kinda scared of the Clippers on their ridiculous win streak but to be honest I don't worry about them that much. They are only an average team in the half court and that will get exposed in the playoffs when the opposition defense shuts down their running game.

GSW are definitely becoming legit, they really need Bogut to return healthy and they could get quite far in the playoffs for real. Curry and Klay are such a dynamic backcourt. Klay reminds me a bit of Harden when he first entered the league. Plus Harrison Barnes has all the tools to be an all star one day. The only thing he lacks right now is the correct attitude/temperament, he's not aggressive on the court. Hopefully he learns this, some players definitely can learn this (see Ty Lawson, Kemba Walker recently). Reminds me of Wilson Chandler with higher upside.

I think Mark Jackson had a good idea with this team. He knew they weren't going to win immediately so spent a year mostly just getting the team glued together on offense. Now this season the entire emphasis is on defense and the offense just comes naturally.

Kinda like what D'Antoni did in NY he just kept forgetting to implement the defense stage :lol:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Can't believe I saw Curry out play Chris Paul, who I think is the MVP this year.

Remember when everyone ****ted on Mark Jackson last year? Man, he's been coach of the year IMO...he's totally got that team playing at their fullest potential.

Did you see this epic Griffin flop?

blake_fall2.0_standard_730.0.gif

Wow, I didn't catch that:lol:.

smokes

Huge Member
Chicago Miami game is pretty sweet. Gotta love the way Chicago plays. Knicks have the potential to play this way too.

Keen to see the LA showdown later.

smokes

Huge Member
SMH refs give the Heat so much leeway. Lebron shoulda been teched up at least 2-3 times in this 4th quarter and they just let him get away with it. If this was the Knicks they would have 3 players and a coach ejected.. Oh wait they did :lol:

metrocard

Legend
SMH refs give the Heat so much leeway. Lebron shoulda been teched up at least 2-3 times in this 4th quarter and they just let him get away with it. If this was the Knicks they would have 3 players and a coach ejected.. Oh wait they did :lol:

I think Heat have to make a trade just to secure a chance to defend their title. I believe Allen, Battier will eventually hit the veteran wall and Miami's bench is weak (Rashard Lewis is overrated, and Miami has some of the worst PG play in the NBA). It may look like the first Miami team we saw.

Miami is basically losing to Nate Robinson, Carlos Boozer, and Joakim Noah...maybe the regular season has no meaning, and playoffs are when things are tuned up.

metrocard

Legend
Man, who ever dropped Delfino in the fantasy league is a fool...dude is soon to be a 6th man, perfect back up for Parsons and Harden.

smokes

Huge Member
Damn. Chris Paul has made me a believer. MVP play in the first half so far. 12 points 11 assists so far and a buzzer beater over Kobe. This Clippers team is scary deep, probably even deeper than our Knicks.

They might be deeper but their starting 2, 3 and 5 are pretty average. DJ is a pretty good big man but nothing special.

I worry a bit about how we match up with them, we'll have to wait and see. A lot of their offense comes from turnovers and we commit the least in the league so...

metrocard

Legend
Damn. Chris Paul has made me a believer. MVP play in the first half so far. 12 points 11 assists so far and a buzzer beater over Kobe. This Clippers team is scary deep, probably even deeper than our Knicks.

As long as Paul stays healthy it will be an intense playoff war between the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors and Grizzlies.