New CBA

CA7

Scoring Champ
what are some things you guys want in the new CBA

A few things I'd like are

A hard cap at 75mil

Cap holds and partially guaranteed contracts

A 3 year rule for college kids I feel we need more polished guys coming out imagine a draft with Rose Durant and Griffin every year

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
some kind of a flex cap in the 70 mil area, MLE ,players going from 57% to 54,53 %,.. some sort of curry clause to keep bums from hanging around, ....honestly they need to take lessons from the nfl, there is wayyyy to much money out there for us to lose a whole season. They need to grind out their issues and stop being pansies. The face of the nba has changed with teams like miami, okc, and new york on the come up it would be robbery to lose a season. I know China is loving this lockout tho

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
what are some things you guys want in the new CBA

A few things I'd like are

A hard cap at 75mil

Cap holds and partially guaranteed contracts

A 3 year rule for college kids I feel we need more polished guys coming out imagine a draft with Rose Durant and Griffin every year

Rose = Freshman
Durant = Freshman
Griffin = Sophomore

You were saying?

There needs to be either a flex cap or a much higher hard cap. I wouldn't be opposed to the hard cap if the hard cap was 80 million, but any lower and I think it's unreasonable given the contracts the league currently has.

I want an out clause for players who do things such as get into legal trouble or are continuously out of shape and/or injured. The fact that Eddy Curry sat on this bench collecting 11 million/year while eating Big Macs is inexcusable.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Teams definitely need an Eddy Curry clause, but he isn't the only problem.

It is just as bad to see Boozer only be healthy for a full season when contract year comes up.

It needs to be a deal that can be evaluated similar to the NFL, to keep players hungry and in shape for the game and their money.

I'm for a 75 mil hard cap, and 3 year max deals.

All rookie contracts non guaranteed, unscaled, with signing bonuses, but no age limit to enter the NBA (HS grad age obviously).

Drafted players be the property of their drafted team for 2 years with no ability to trade, once the season they get drafted in starts.

Would like the ability to have players endorsed themselves on the court, not just their shoes.

For example, with Melo having a boost mobile deal..... the insignia of the company can be on the accessories they wear, not necessarily the uniform, for revenue purposes of the player and NBA.

CA7

Scoring Champ
3 year rule

Rose Durant and Griffin are the three young up and coming players they were NBA ready early on some guys need more development so look at those 3 3 years out of high school imagine the top 3 picks being that well polished rather tgan week drafts every few years the NFL has the perfect system in my opinion its the reason why teams are mostly always competitive and why small markets can be champions ala Green Bay they built through the draft took 5 years but it got done

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Rose Durant and Griffin are the three young up and coming players they were NBA ready early on some guys need more development so look at those 3 3 years out of high school imagine the top 3 picks being that well polished rather tgan week drafts every few years the NFL has the perfect system in my opinion its the reason why teams are mostly always competitive and why small markets can be champions ala Green Bay they built through the draft took 5 years but it got done

Going to college doesn't equal more developed though.

Mentally yes, skillset not necessarily.

The NFL rule has to be there, I can't even imagine high schoolers competing at that level.

CA7

Scoring Champ
3 year rule

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

If a player needs more development time, that's on the player.

There's no reason to force Derrick Rose to stay in college if he's ready for the NBA. Derrick Rose would have gained absolutely nothing if he had stayed in Memphis for any extra time - he was good enough to play in the NBA, he was way better than anybody in college, and the college competition was a joke to him already. If a guy like Trevor Ariza would benefit from more college, than that's a decision he has to make. It is not the job of the NBA or anybody else to tell high school seniors or college freshmen what they should or shouldn't be doing with their lives. The fact of the matter is that Derrick Rose could've gone onto the NBA right after high school, the only reason he went to college in the first place was that stupid rule.

Kiyaman

Legend
If a player needs more development time, that's on the player.

There's no reason to force Derrick Rose to stay in college if he's ready for the NBA. Derrick Rose would have gained absolutely nothing if he had stayed in Memphis for any extra time - he was good enough to play in the NBA, he was way better than anybody in college, and the college competition was a joke to him already. If a guy like Trevor Ariza would benefit from more college, than that's a decision he has to make. It is not the job of the NBA or anybody else to tell high school seniors or college freshmen what they should or shouldn't be doing with their lives. The fact of the matter is that Derrick Rose could've gone onto the NBA right after high school, the only reason he went to college in the first place was that stupid rule.

Is Derrick Rose 3 year talent more of a Isiah Thomas or Marbury first 3 years in the NBA? did the Chicago Bulls roster and new headcoach have anything to do with Rose developement from college to NBA?
Think twice before answering "Hinrich & B.Gorden" took over many 4th quarters to take the Bulls to the playoffs while Rose was in the 10th grade.

Would there be a 2011 cap-lockout if the 3-big Franchise star-players in the 2003 draft-class did not unite in Miami to form a BIG-3 dynasty?
And the 4th star franchise player in the 2003-draft-class put extra icing on the cake for this cap-lockout with his demanding "Fiasco-Melo-Trade" at the start of the 2010-11 season, which caused havoc rumors throughout the season for half the teams in the league.....what has this lead to?

The cheap owners are fighting against having anything higher than a $60M with a hard-cap agreement plus MLE. They want the cap as low as posible so they dont lose their star-franchise rookies "Durant, Rose, Griffin, Evans, Walls" within 6 to 7 seasons to a FA market big franchise owner that could afford a roster of 2 and 3 max contracts plus 5 or more MLE role-players with a $70M+ cap......to pay little luxury tax for being a 2nd round postseason team.

The Players union will watch the owners battle each other as the season come close to the start of training-camp (NFL).....alot of teams are looking to have full-house stadiums, and big TV coverage the first two month of the holiday-season....the Knicks happen to be one of those teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
Teams definitely need an Eddy Curry clause, but he isn't the only problem.

It is just as bad to see Boozer only be healthy for a full season when contract year comes up.

What u mean is a "Grant Hill" clause....

Eddy Curry and Boozer equal big problems with GM & headcoach.... the same as Jerome James, Allan Houston, Mcdyess, and Larry Johnson, all equal GM and Heacoach problems....Knicks ex-assistant training coach Mark Aquire and a new assistant coach Patrick Ewing wouldve had Eddy Curry averaging 30+ mpg the past 3 seasons.....Dantoni & Centers are oil & Water.

Knicks ex-GM Ernie Grunfield had to get fired for physically punching headcoach JVG in the face for DNP Camby & Sprewell.
The Denver Nuggets trade of Allen Iverson for Billups & Mcdyess, Denver GM knew they had to buy-out Mcdyess before he got off the plane in Denver.
The Knicks trade for Curry & Dale Davis, the Knicks agreed to buy-out Dale Davis so he could resign back with the Bulls, the Knicks did not fulfill their agreement. The Knicks GM & headcoaches have been fulluvshit in agreements with players and the next team for far to long (Layden/Isiah/Walsh) to where the team had to eat what it sowed.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
What u mean is a "Grant Hill" clause....

Eddy Curry and Boozer equal big problems with GM & headcoach.... the same as Jerome James, Allan Houston, Mcdyess, and Larry Johnson, all equal GM and Heacoach problems....Knicks ex-assistant training coach Mark Aquire and a new assistant coach Patrick Ewing wouldve had Eddy Curry averaging 30+ mpg the past 3 seasons.....Dantoni & Centers are oil & Water.
I meant what i said...Eddy Curry, and he isn't the same as Boozer.

Curry gave up on his craft for personal and professional reasons, and a provision to shred a contract like that needs to be in order.

I can't say D'antoni was the root of Curry's demise at all.

Boozer gets freak injuries all the time, but he doesn't go full seasons of being out of shape, and making no effort to get game ready.

Knicks ex-GM Ernie Grunfield had to get fired for physically punching headcoach JVG in the face for DNP Camby & Sprewell.
The Denver Nuggets trade of Allen Iverson for Billups & Mcdyess, Denver GM knew they had to buy-out Mcdyess before he got off the plane in Denver.
The Knicks trade for Curry & Dale Davis, the Knicks agreed to buy-out Dale Davis so he could resign back with the Bulls, the Knicks did not fulfill their agreement. The Knicks GM & headcoaches have been fulluvshit in agreements with players and the next team for far to long (Layden/Isiah/Walsh) to where the team had to eat what it sowed.
I agree with this to a degree.

All of our GM's have been boneheaded at times, although I can say Walsh did right the ship, even though he has zero negotiating skills.

Paying full price for EVERY deal? I guess I can't be choosey.