Jerome Jordan On His Way As Newest Addition To Knicks' Roster

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Add another 7-footer to the team.

The Post has learned 7-foot center Jerome Jordan, a 2010 second-round draft pick, will be the next addition to the Knicks' roster as he was involved in heavy contract negotiations late last night to bring him to New York, according to his agent Todd Ramasar.

Jordan spent the lockout playing in Slovenia but signed an opt-out clause for when the lockout ended. There was also a small buyout in the Slovenia deal. The Knicks were waiting on inviting Jordan to see if they had the room, pending which free agents they pursued. Jordan's agent had told the Post last week if Jordan was not invited to camp, he would demand a trade for his client.

458830_G.jpg

Last season, Jordan played in the Serbian League for Hemofarm. The Knicks originally paid Milwaukee $1 million for his draft rights. After the Carmelo Anthony trade in February got rid of many of the team's taller players, Mike D'Antoni said he hoped Jordan would play for the Knicks next season.

Known as a good low-post scorer and potential shotblocker, the Knicks felt it was time to start grooming him and adding even more size to a roster that finished last season as among the smallest teams in the league.

Now the Knicks have no shortage of centers on their roster. They are about to add 7-1 Tyson Chandler from Dallas. Jared Jeffries was re-signed and they also have Josh Harrellson, their 2011 second-rounder from Kentucky, who probably is too raw to see action this season. Ronny Turiaf, who is only 6-8 but was their starting center last season, is being shipped to Washington for cap space as part of the events leading to Chandler?s acquisition.

I'm happy about this! Has a chance to grow under TC, and, by all reports, has a deeper arsenal than Jorts as a pivot on both ends. He'll join in playing shape after his time in Slovenia, and will add a presence in practice that we didn't have last year.

The Knicks clearly see the need for size in the East. Last year was an interior abomination, and now it's from rags to riches at the 5.

We have instantly gained an advantage (including mentally) on the Heat, and now have in Chandler a legitimate counterpart to the East's prominent bigs: Howard, Bogut, Noah, Garnett, Horford and McGee.

We can throw the big body of Jorts at opposing starting 5s at the end of quarters, and between both him and Jordan, we can rack up some fouls against the likes of Howard.

Welcome aboard, our new rasta Jamaican!

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...r_jerome_ntbrMaA7dYHvzrz4vEn4wK#ixzz1g9BC4IMn

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That was the only understandable move after we landed Chandler and traded Turiaf, probably Chandler/Harrellson/Jordan at #5 and Stoudemire/Jeffries at #4.

Kiyaman

Legend
That was the only understandable move after we landed Chandler and traded Turiaf, probably Chandler/Harrellson/Jordan at #5 and Stoudemire/Jeffries at #4.

Its all good....but all will look lost without the experience playoff floor-leadership
of Billups. Especially Tyson Chandler, Jerome Jordan, Jorts, Shump, and TD.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chandler played more than fifty playoff games and was one of the major pieces that brought Dallas their championship last season...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Depends on how will he look compared to Harrellson, these two will be fighting for a backup center spot and I expect them playing some minutes during both preseason games against the Nets.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Will D'antoni even play this guy?

exactly....if you can't shoot 3's or run fast, u probably won't play.

But to be honest, I dont kno why people are so sure Jordan is gonna make some huge impact, if he was good enuff to be a pro, he would have been in the league as soon as he got drafted. This is a pipe dream that he's some magic elixir to our team defense and rebounding. But who knows, maybe I'm completely wrong and he's Joakim Noah-lite.

CA7

Scoring Champ
D'Antoni is in the last year of his contract, the guy who hired him doesn't do the same job he did before, Mike will change his small ball strategy and play Jordan as the back up 5 for say 12-15minutes a game while still going some small ball. If he doesn't he'll be fired and Phil will be on his way

Paul1355

All Star
D'Antoni is in the last year of his contract, the guy who hired him doesn't do the same job he did before, Mike will change his small ball strategy and play Jordan as the back up 5 for say 12-15minutes a game while still going some small ball. If he doesn't he'll be fired and Phil will be on his way

dont get carried away now, Chandler will play atleast 30 min a game, that leaves 15 left

i assume it will be split between Jorts and Jordan.... 7-8

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
dont get carried away now, Chandler will play atleast 30 min a game, that leaves 15 left

i assume it will be split between Jorts and Jordan.... 7-8

Chandler hasnt played 30 minutes a game since the 08-09 season. His minutes went up in the playoffs. And the nuances of the roster are my biggest concern right now, because Dantoni doesn't manage minutes well.....if the Knicks are serious, Stat and Chandlers minutes need to monitored carefully so that they are good to go in the playoffs. I dont want to overrate our younger players but Jordan, Harrelson, Shumpert, and anyone else under 27 that we acquired this offseason needs to see the court......

Paul1355

All Star
Chandler hasnt played 30 minutes a game since the 08-09 season. His minutes went up in the playoffs. And the nuances of the roster are my biggest concern right now, because Dantoni doesn't manage minutes well.....if the Knicks are serious, Stat and Chandlers minutes need to monitored carefully so that they are good to go in the playoffs. I dont want to overrate our younger players but Jordan, Harrelson, Shumpert, and anyone else under 27 that we acquired this offseason needs to see the court......

cusegirl, im assuming he will stay healthy, he hasnt played 30 min a game because he was hurt often after that 08-09 season but last season got to the 27 min a game mark....after being healthy for a while and getting paid 14.5 mil i think his min will be bumped up to 30 min at least. Especially the way Mike D runs a team, he usually over plays his starters. Even with a better team i dont see him changing his philosophy, mike d is too stubborn for that.