Game thread: New York Knicks @ Orando Magic 6:00 11/18/2018 [Game #17]

mafra

Legend
?I know we?re going to score the ball ? we have enough talent,? said Enes Kanter, who scored 21 points with 19 rebounds. ?We have to focus on defense, which is about trust and communication. I think we competed better than the first game, but we gave up 44 first-quarter points. You can?t start the game like that or you?re winning against nobody. I don?t know what we should do ? just drink coffee, Gatorade.?

?We?ve only won four games,? said Kanter, who started the second half for foul-plagued Mitchell Robinson. ?I can?t remember the last time we won. When was it? Atlanta??

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yeah, Knits has flatlined. I think a stint in the D-league would do him good. It wouldn’t matter if he was LT and Ray Bourque rolled into 1. You have to be able to provide some offense.

So Frank had as many points for the Knicks as me or you might a big fat Zero! Where is “Knicks Mob” to tell me how great Frank is again? Lol:)

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
what is wrong with Nits, can't he see Burke and Mudiay? doesn't he want to compete with them or he is OK where he is right now? i thought with all these guards they will compete against each others for a spot and that will bring out the best of them! well, that is working for Mudiay and Burke, but not for Frank...... how about G_league? maybe he will feel ashamed and come back better? worked for Timmy and Burke?

mafra

Legend
A stat that will be used for @TheKnicksWall Monday Musings + podcast I was just on with @mattspendley.

22 minutes tonight with Frank on the court Knicks had a 91.5 DRtg.

26 minutes with Frank of the court the Knicks had a 166 DRtg.

That is not a typo.

(Theknicksblog)

A stat that will be used for @TheKnicksWall Monday Musings + podcast I was just on with @mattspendley.

That is not a typo.

(Theknicksblog)

Wow. Only 1 game, but wow.

jimkcchief88

All Star

That is not a typo.

(Theknicksblog)

I had to look that stat up I didn’t know what it was referring to. So I guess that is defensive rating. Call me a simple mofo but I don’t care about +\- or defensive rating or none of that. All I needed to know was Frank had a many points Sunday in over 20 minutes of pt(that’s playing time) as I did at home taking my Sunday afternoon nap. ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA.

jimkcchief88

All Star
what is wrong with Nits, can't he see Burke and Mudiay? doesn't he want to compete with them or he is OK where he is right now? i thought with all these guards they will compete against each others for a spot and that will bring out the best of them! well, that is working for Mudiay and Burke, but not for Frank...... how about G_league? maybe he will feel ashamed and come back better? worked for Timmy and Burke?

Nope. Frank is a French croissant that is obviously just happy where he is. You can’t look inside and measure heart and obviously Frank has none. Pitiful. You would think that being embarrassed and shame like you said would take over but nope. Frank obviously did nothing to improve his game over the Summer so now you are seeing regression. Bite the bullet, admit your mistake, and move on from this bum already on Chief

I had to look that stat up I didn’t know what it was referring to. So I guess that is defensive rating. Call me a simple mofo but I don’t care about +\- or defensive rating or none of that. All I needed to know was Frank had a many points Sunday in over 20 minutes of pt(that’s playing time) as I did at home taking my Sunday afternoon nap. ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA.

Hence, the tragedy of Frank Ntilikina. If he had even an average offensive game, he would be a huge asset in our rotation. Instead, he is the guard equivalent of Jared Jeffries, except without the ability to set really nice screens on offense.

tiger0330

Legend

That is not a typo.

(Theknicksblog)

Wow. Only 1 game, but wow.

Hence, the tragedy of Frank Ntilikina. If he had even an average offensive game, he would be a huge asset in our rotation. Instead, he is the guard equivalent of Jared Jeffries, except without the ability to set really nice screens on offense.
Not impressed. He's one of the 3 worst Knicks in net rating, the 3 worst Knox, THJ and Nits all in the bottom 15% of NBA players. JJ is a good comparison and the Knicks couldn't wait to unload him.

Kiyaman

Legend
.............1...2....3...4...T
NY ...... 31 35 26 25 117
ORL ..... 44 23 31 33 131

The Fizdale Knicks never took the lead in this game .. the Fizdale Knicks offensive ball-movement were very poor to only accumulate 12 Dimes in 48 minutes .. Fizdale Knicks defense were poorer than the offense by letting the Magic score 131 points !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
And giving up 44 points in the first quarter??? I was hoping that type stuff left when Horn left. I know this team is mostly devoid of NBA talent but defense is about effort. This team is bad on both ends of the floor and at the beginning and the end of games. But I guess that’s the definition of a bad team:(

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
.............1...2....3...4...T
NY ...... 31 35 26 25 117
ORL ..... 44 23 31 33 131

The Fizdale Knicks never took the lead in this game .. the Fizdale Knicks offensive ball-movement were very poor to only accumulate 12 Dimes in 48 minutes .. Fizdale Knicks defense were poorer than the offense by letting the Magic score 131 points !!!

I think we have good players, or lets say good prospects, but they are not playing together, it is like Fiz is putting the names in a bowl and picking up who is going to start randomly and who is going to sub randomly...... I understand that we need to play them to see what they can do, but we need to play them for extended time, and play the same people together for chemistry ......
the most obvious stat indicating this mayhem is the assist numbers.... how can i assist my teammates if i don't know how they play or how they move? i need to play with them for some time to know that.... instead every player is on his own trying to play hero ball because they simply don't know how this player move or pass ..... Kantar and Mario started to play a little together and now you can't see them on the floor together at all.... we have 82 games, we are tanking big time, so you don't need to change the rotation every 2 or 3 games, let them go for 10 games together, next 10 games do small changes.......