Game thread: New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors 10:30 1/8/2019 [Game #41]

tiger0330

Legend
THJ is walking albeit with a slight limp going back to the locker room. He's a warrior, he may be back. Knicks had the lead with about 3 mins left but the Dubs closed with a 13-0 run for a 61-49:lead at the half.

mafra

Legend
On a happy note... Zion a beast tonight. 30-10-5. 13-16 shooting (3-4 from downtown). Keep your eye on the prize.

Zion and KP. Mudiay and Vonleh. Trier and MRob. Knits and Dotson. Kornet.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Good night Knicks fans. 94-68 Dubs end of 3.

I had to give up midway thru the 3rd and go to bed. I can only take so much bad hoops. Kornet killed me while the Knicks were still in it. I mean he couldn?t grab a board to save his life, but greenlighted a 30 foot transition 3 ball. If this is the new NBA where 7 footers don?t have to rebound but heave 30 foot bricks I can?t watch. Vonleh is such an oaf out there he?s hard to watch. Dude is an offensive foul waiting to happen. He would be a nice 8th-9th man off the bench but an NBA starter??? I give you guys all the credit in the world for watching 82 games worth of Knicks tank. I would poke my own eyes out:(

tiger0330

Legend
On a happy note... Zion a beast tonight. 30-10-5. 13-16 shooting (3-4 from downtown). Keep your eye on the prize.

3-4 from distance is more impressive than that 360 dunk. Took LeBron years before he became a good 3 pt shooter.

tiger0330

Legend

3-4 from distance is more impressive than that 360 dunk. Took LeBron years before he became a good 3 pt shooter.
For the season he's a 28% 3 pt shooter and 70% FT shooter so shooting is still an area he needs to develop.

tiger0330

Legend
I had to give up midway thru the 3rd and go to bed. I can only take so much bad hoops. Kornet killed me while the Knicks were still in it. I mean he couldn’t grab a board to save his life, but greenlighted a 30 foot transition 3 ball. If this is the new NBA where 7 footers don’t have to rebound but heave 30 foot bricks I can’t watch. Vonleh is such an oaf out there he’s hard to watch. Dude is an offensive foul waiting to happen. He would be a nice 8th-9th man off the bench but an NBA starter??? I give you guys all the credit in the world for watching 82 games worth of Knicks tank. I would poke my own eyes out:(
Vonleh really looked good beginning of the season but has come back to earth since. Said when we acquired him that don't expect much since he was in his 4th year but he's played better than I expected, one of the guys I expect Perry to try to keep I don't think Perry is going to if someone offers him a 3 yr 30M deal. Theres still a role for the traditional big man, Capela can't shoot the 3 on a 3 pt shooting team but can't argue his value to the Rox. One thing that separates Capela from other bigs is his ability to guard the perimeter and switch, if Kanter had that we would be talking about resigning him and not letting him go in FA. I personally would like to bring him back but not at 18M.

Kiyaman

Legend
Vonleh really looked good beginning of the season but has come back to earth since. Said when we acquired him that don't expect much since he was in his 4th year but he's played better than I expected, one of the guys I expect Perry to try to keep I don't think Perry is going to if someone offers him a 3 yr 30M deal. Theres still a role for the traditional big man, Capela can't shoot the 3 on a 3 pt shooting team but can't argue his value to the Rox. One thing that separates Capela from other bigs is his ability to guard the perimeter and switch, if Kanter had that we would be talking about resigning him and not letting him go in FA. I personally would like to bring him back but not at 18M.

The Knicks will need a Big-Man assistant coach to preach DEFENSE to their front-court players next season ....
The Knicks (Mills/Perry) need to higher$$$ one of the ex-NBA-players willing to be an assistant-coach next to puppet-Fizdale (the names of Rasheed Wallace or Chris Bosh are out there) to tighten up Knick players performance inside the paint on offense/defense, players like Vonleh's offensive tactics do need work .. and rookie MitchRob low confidence need some assistance from an ex-Pro-Baller .. plus rookie Knox defensive IQ will need to improve each season of his rookie contract .. and Kornet will need a Pro-Baller to work on 2 or 3 inside scoring moves .. and Tired-KP will need a Pro-Baller to show him how to get a double-double in 30 min playing time by shooting above 50% FGA .. plus show Kanter how to be a Big Body in the paint on the defensive end of the court the final 12 minute in a game.

The Knicks backcourt guards has looked awful on the court all season performing like individual-guards (averaging 19 assist per game) .. The change of lineups and rotation every other game or every week has a lot to do with the Knick players never getting close to performing on the same-page as teammates.
Fizdale type of system and coaching technique has made it hard for players to perform on the same-page on the court .. In the Knicks 40 games i have not witness two Knick players that compliment each other performance in a lineup SMH !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks will need a Big-Man assistant coach to preach DEFENSE to their front-court players next season ....
The Knicks (Mills/Perry) need to higher$$$ one of the ex-NBA-players willing to be an assistant-coach next to puppet-Fizdale (the names of Rasheed Wallace or Chris Bosh are out there) to tighten up Knick players performance inside the paint on offense/defense, players like Vonleh's offensive tactics do need work .. and rookie MitchRob low confidence need some assistance from an ex-Pro-Baller .. plus rookie Knox defensive IQ will need to improve each season of his rookie contract .. and Kornet will need a Pro-Baller to work on 2 or 3 inside scoring moves .. and Tired-KP will need a Pro-Baller to show him how to get a double-double in 30 min playing time by shooting above 50% FGA .. plus show Kanter how to be a Big Body in the paint on the defensive end of the court the final 12 minute in a game.

The Knicks backcourt guards has looked awful on the court all season performing like individual-guards (averaging 19 assist per game) .. The change of lineups and rotation every other game or every week has a lot to do with the Knick players never getting close to performing on the same-page as teammates.
Fizdale type of system and coaching technique has made it hard for players to perform on the same-page on the court .. In the Knicks 40 games i have not witness two Knick players that compliment each other performance in a lineup SMH !!!
Fizdale is full if crap for sure, came to NY with 3 objectives. Conditioning, ball movement and defense, where are we 19apg dead last in the league, 115 ppg allowed 27th in the league. You have to laugh we he says I'm going to coach the hell out of the guys.

paris401

Starter
Fizdale is full if crap for sure, came to NY with 3 objectives. Conditioning, ball movement and defense, where are we 19apg dead last in the league, 115 ppg allowed 27th in the league. You have to laugh we he says I'm going to coach the hell out of the guys.

i agree with ya....but.... he doesn't have a lot of talent to work with...