Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I really don't see him getting better, I see him developing a cheap style of play because of his lack of developing his Quote UnQuote "skill set". As a knick fan I take the buckets, but I dont respect his ability, I dont see this so call savvyness either. I do see a lot of flippity flop and blown layups...along with an inconsistant shot. He disturbs just as many shots as any player guarding someone. This dude is the only weak Knick player I've seen in history have so much support. Its mind blowing.

Sine you are a real NY baller, you should know how hard it is to combine shooting and driving abilities when you are 6.10, when you are then you are Kevin Durant.....
Gallo is getting better by the game, I also hate Miller and his ways, but Gallo is not the same, they are fouling him not because he is pretneding to be fould but because if they do not he is dunking over them.
I can understand when you think low of somebody when you think he is not man enough in the game, but he is playing tough, Defending well, Dunking, shooting.....
try to reset your mind over him and start counting from now on, lets see if you will still see him bad or weak...
at least he is not a quiter, he plays with heart, I will take that over anything........

iSaYughh

Starter
Humm.... everybit as reactionary to a win as you claimed others were to a loss.

I guess the double standard still exists. For a second I mistaked you for an objective analyst, but its clear you're a blind tool.

A thread for debate was created, a post to repeat your love for Gallo was your brilliant response. After a game we won against a team not at full strength missing all kinds of shots.

A line of 6 for 29 threes before the fourth could've easily been our demise but i'd bet you have no clue what it really means. Good luck in trying to figre that out.

A "no" would've saficed, but hey after reading your emotional love rants for Gallo...

It all makes sense now. Back to the kitchen.

Am I not allowed to post again after last nights game? Don't wanna offend your sensibilities.

So many holes in your logic. Basically this is you perpetuating a game of deflection, n trying to flip the script again -- after you instigate a certain debate, and it becomes more n more clear how wrong you are. Look, you're in so deep with the ignorant shit you've spewed, I can't say I blame you to keep running at this pt like Forrest Gump.

I'm not being reactionary: my view on Gallo is consistent, and consistently true. The entire season, as well as last year. When he goes 3/12 in a bad game, my position never changes, and it never becomes less true. So you're wrong. Again.

Everything I said about him last yr was true, as it still is.

There is no double standard aside from the one you created. It sucks good fans have to have some of its stink waft around them. But that's the result of *you* creating this abortion of an ignorant, hypocritical hate campaign against a good, promising young Knick.

You're being destroyed in the atmosphere you created. I guess Gallo cant be defended now after games bc ur a hater and jibroney, and set up this climate of global bullshit.

Surely you arent *so* ignorant as Baller, and have eye sockets so replete w shit, that it is *now* you see and realize "gee, I guess Gallo can slash and get to the line". It is an admission of such blindness n profound ignorance.

You've just been behind the ball on Gallo, and doing what you gotts do now, even if it means selling out your team as a fan. I've never seen such hate for a quality young athlete who is a solid guy, and a good winning coach. Maybe Espn & Whitlock should do another series on racism in the nba?

You politik enough to think you're leaving enough wiggle room to not be a 100% shamed donkey when Gallo muzzles even the Ballers of this place. But make no mistake, you're rep is toast n it's just going to get more burnt.

I won't keep shaming you in this butcherjob of a thread. Just let Gallo drain his shots while he sends you n a few others down the drain.

Not much else to say. You're wrong n prolly know it to. So don't waste time replying to my every post relishing the -success- of a good Knick; just bc you're fidgety over seeing your Ko rep become ash while a franchise Knick continues to grow.

KBlack25

Starter
Interesting dichotomy:

Gallo-haters allowed to post after a bad Gallo game bashing him, and that's fair.

Gallo-supporters not allowed to post after a good game from Gallo praising him, because it's just one game.

Your hate for Gallo is just spewing out of your posts. You don't respect his ability, you don't see him getting better, he blows layups? Why would we not support Gallo I'm pretty sure the front of his jersey says Knicks.

You don't see the savvy really then you must not watch Knick games because since coming back from injury Gallo has been driving and showing more of his offensive game.

It should be obvious by now why I dislike the guy. Over half of my post here explains why. We obviously have a different outlook on what savvy is, and he hasn't been playing well enough consistantly to be getting all the praise he's been getting, now has he? Doing well against horrible teams is not going to convence me either. If NBA players were to get evaluted like the average working stiff does...he would be demoted until his job performance picks up or placed on probation...or fired.

Since he's been back from his knee sprain I've seen 2 games where he looked like a decent player. But, we all have seen enough prior games to know how much he has been suckin. With that said, I like what I saw in the Detroit game, he hardly looked like the Gallo I've been talking about since I've been here. If he keeps that up, I'll have no problem supporting him. I only bash on him for his skills...and how much coach plays him when he is hurting the flow of the game. Anything else will be making it personal...like so many here do.

Sine you are a real NY baller, you should know how hard it is to combine shooting and driving abilities when you are 6.10, when you are then you are Kevin Durant.....
Gallo is getting better by the game, I also hate Miller and his ways, but Gallo is not the same, they are fouling him not because he is pretneding to be fould but because if they do not he is dunking over them.
I can understand when you think low of somebody when you think he is not man enough in the game, but he is playing tough, Defending well, Dunking, shooting.....
try to reset your mind over him and start counting from now on, lets see if you will still see him bad or weak...
at least he is not a quiter, he plays with heart, I will take that over anything........

I hear ya. I'll be counting. And, I do admit he has shown some heart, just wish he can bring something every night...even if his inconsistant shot isn't falling. NBA players should be playing well above the playground level.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Am I not allowed to post again after last nights game? Don't wanna offend your sensibilities.

So many holes in your logic. Basically this is you perpetuating a game of deflection, n trying to flip the script again -- after you instigate a certain debate, and it becomes more n more clear how wrong you are. Look, you're in so deep with the ignorant shit you've spewed, I can't say I blame you to keep running at this pt like Forrest Gump.

I'm not being reactionary: my view on Gallo is consistent, and consistently true. The entire season, as well as last year. When he goes 3/12 in a bad game, my position never changes, and it never becomes less true. So you're wrong. Again.

Everything I said about him last yr was true, as it still is.

There is no double standard aside from the one you created. It sucks good fans have to have some of its stink waft around them. But that's the result of *you* creating this abortion of an ignorant, hypocritical hate campaign against a good, promising young Knick.

You're being destroyed in the atmosphere you created. I guess Gallo cant be defended now after games bc ur a hater and jibroney, and set up this climate of global bullshit.

Surely you arent *so* ignorant as Baller, and have eye sockets so replete w shit, that it is *now* you see and realize "gee, I guess Gallo can slash and get to the line". It is an admission of such blindness n profound ignorance.

You've just been behind the ball on Gallo, and doing what you gotts do now, even if it means selling out your team as a fan. I've never seen such hate for a quality young athlete who is a solid guy, and a good winning coach. Maybe Espn & Whitlock should do another series on racism in the nba?

You politik enough to think you're leaving enough wiggle room to not be a 100% shamed donkey when Gallo muzzles even the Ballers of this place. But make no mistake, you're rep is toast n it's just going to get more burnt.

I won't keep shaming you in this butcherjob of a thread. Just let Gallo drain his shots while he sends you n a few others down the drain.

Not much else to say. You're wrong n prolly know it to. So don't waste time replying to my every post relishing the -success- of a good Knick; just bc you're fidgety over seeing your Ko rep become ash while a franchise Knick continues to grow.

Ouch! I haven't seen a dissection like that since high-school biology class.

^^I almost forgot about this comment. Funny thing how everytime I lay FACTs down about this Gallo dude his fans get all touchy like bunch of old hags. Are you telling me he dosen't blow over half of his layups, or has a very suspect mid range jumper, or is always getting abused in the paint, or lacks the strengh, and know how to get rebounds? I hope you're not sitting on your eyes...

Just because he has mastered the art of cheap ball don't get it twisted with real skillz. When he becomes consistant in the things you and the rest of the fan club thinks he can do...then there will be no reason for me to be calling him out. I know fans have their crush for certain players...at least make sure he can bring it every night before trying to paint false pictures, and ranting because A Knick fans wants better for the team..SMH.

It should be obvious by now why I dislike the guy. Over half of my post here explains why. We obviously have a different outlook on what savvy is, and he hasn't been playing well enough consistantly to be getting all the praise he's been getting, now has he? Doing well against horrible teams is not going to convence me either. If NBA players were to get evaluted like the average working stiff does...he would be demoted until his job performance picks up or placed on probation...or fired.

Since he's been back from his knee sprain I've seen 2 games where he looked like a decent player. But, we all have seen enough prior games to know how much he has been suckin. With that said, I like what I saw in the Detroit game, he hardly looked like the Gallo I've been talking about since I've been here. If he keeps that up, I'll have no problem supporting him. I only bash on him for his skills...and how much coach plays him when he is hurting the flow of the game. Anything else will be making it personal...like so many here do.

Are you sure you aren't carying personal feelings for Gallo?

You have yet to show any proof of Gallo hurting the flow of the game, all you do is make statements based on your opinions with no actual facts.
How about you name yourself Baller because you defiantly don't keep it REAL

Are you sure you aren't carying personal feelings for Gallo?

You have yet to show any proof of Gallo hurting the flow of the game, all you do is make statements based on your opinions with no actual facts.
How about you name yourself Baller because you defiantly don't keep it REAL

I don't like the way the guy plays. His streaky style has been too much of a team hinderance. Don't wait till now to start making claims on how good he is. He was/has been playing like crap and I pointed it out many times. If you want details, and facts look thru my post history or ponder on my last few post in this thread. I really don't have the time or appreciate repeating myself.

Also, You do know that you don't have to worry about my KO user name, right pal. Besides...REAL recognizes REAL...Phoniness doesn't belong in the same company because it always fails to comprehend, nor can it tolirate the truth. As some of us can clearly see...

I don't like the way the guy plays. His streaky style has been too much of a team hinderance. Don't wait till now to start making claims on how good he is. He was/has been playing like crap and I pointed it out many times. If you want details, and facts look thru my post history or ponder on my last few post in this thread. I really don't have the time or appreciate repeating myself.

Also, You do know that you don't have to worry about my KO user name, right pal. Besides...REAL recognizes REAL...Phoniness doesn't belong in the same company because it always fails to comprehend, nor can it tolirate the truth. As some of us can clearly see...

I can agree that Gallo is streaky but so is every player on our team not named Amare. Why aren't you bashing them?
Raymond Felton has been playing like trash since that triple double in Pho.
Wilson has been in a disgusting shooting slump.
Only Gallo and Amare have been bringing it so far in the last games we lost if Wilson or Felton hit half of their combined FGA we win with no problem, yet you continuously make it out to seem as if Gallo is the real hindrance to the team.

Did Gallo put Felton in a slump?
Did Gallo put Wilson in a slump?
Or did Gallo improve his game since coming back from injury?

I can agree that Gallo is streaky but so is every player on our team not named Amare. Why aren't you bashing them?
Raymond Felton has been playing like trash since that triple double in Pho.
Wilson has been in a disgusting shooting slump.
Only Gallo and Amare have been bringing it so far in the last games we lost if Wilson or Felton hit half of their combined FGA we win with no problem, yet you continuously make it out to seem as if Gallo is the real hindrance to the team.

Did Gallo put Felton in a slump?
Did Gallo put Wilson in a slump?
Or did Gallo improve his game since coming back from injury?

You see, this is what I'm talking about. I thought people were watching all the games. Gallo has been drafted over better players because of his pappy D'Ant. He has been here for a while now and all he has really shown us is how frail and unrealiable he is. Felton real job is to pass the rock to the open player, scoring is actually bonus. Chandler has always contributed, if he isn't scoring he is playing great Defense....in mutiple positions. Since Gallo has come back he has played a bit better, but he wasn't good in all of his return games either.

I think people have too much feelings for this guy that they don't even see it themselves. Everytime I mention him in a trade for better pieces his fan clubs go into red alert mode. Are they Knick fans? maybe...
Gallo fans? lol, maybe a bit more than that.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. I thought people were watching all the games. Gallo has been drafted over better players because of his pappy D'Ant. He has been here for a while now and all he has really shown us is how frail and unrealiable he is. Felton real job is to pass the rock to the open player, scoring is actually bonus. Chandler has always contributed, if he isn't scoring he is playing great Defense....in mutiple positions. Since Gallo has come back he has played a bit better, but he wasn't good in all of his return games either.

I think people have too much feelings for this guy that they don't even see it themselves. Everytime I mention him in a trade for better pieces his fan clubs go into red alert mode. Are they Knick fans? maybe...
Gallo fans? lol, maybe a bit more than that.

Really Felton's real job is to share the rock well damn you could have fooled me, besides that 20-10 game he hasn't been assisting great either and it wasn't until later in the second half until he started picking up assist while our PF Amare already had 4 assist.

Damn!, I didn't know that just because you play defense at multiple positions it will excuse you from putting up horrible offensive numbers :barf:that hurt the team.

Your first sentences concluded what I already thought, you are blinded by your hate for Gallo to even make a real evaluation of his play. You never state any facts but continue on with your opinions, I'm done debating with you because this is not getting anywhere. When you have some facts or a real argument I'll be happy to hear it.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Again, you can like or dislike Gallo all you want but to say he hasn't been absolutely critical in the recent stretch would be incorrect.

It'd also be extremely unfair to ignore the fact that Chandler and Felton, two guys who you're claiming are better than Gallo, have been absolutely stinking it up as of late

Really Felton's real job is to share the rock well damn you could have fooled me, besides that 20-10 game he hasn't been assisting great either and it wasn't until later in the second half until he started picking up assist while our PF Amare already had 4 assist.

Damn!, I didn't know that just because you play defense at multiple positions it will excuse you from putting up horrible offensive numbers :barf:that hurt the team.

Your first sentences concluded what I already thought, you are blinded by your hate for Gallo to even make a real evaluation of his play. You never state any facts but continue on with your opinions, I'm done debating with you because this is not getting anywhere. When you have some facts or a real argument I'll be happy to hear it.

You're not debating... and you're not understanding either. You also didn't post any facts to your claim but you let your blind love for the guy fog up the whole perspective to my posts.

What is the job of the PG? Matter of fact...what does the coach wants his PG's to do? Is it his fault that the team isn't hitting their shots...or getting open. Do you want him to score big numbers every night? Remember what happen to Marbury? Plus Felton plays D too.

Chandler plays D and rebounds if he isn't scoring?

What is Gallo doing when he isn't scoring? He is getting beat on D, out rebounded, abused in the paint, and flopping like a fish...slowing down the game with his cheap ball tricks. I'm starting to see teams pick up on that part of his game too. Soon he wont have the ref's to bail him out like they do now. He will have to be held accountable and pick his game up or pack it up.

Glad you're done responding to me...it was getting very redundant

Red

TYPE-A
You're not debating... and you're not understanding either. You also didn't post any facts to your claim but you let your blind love for the guy fog up the whole perspective to my posts.

What is the job of the PG? Matter of fact...what does the coach wants his PG's to do? Is it his fault that the team isn't hitting their shots...or getting open. Do you want him to score big numbers every night? Remember what happen to Marbury? Plus Felton plays D too.

What is Gallo doing when he isn't scoring? He is getting beat on D, out rebounded, abused in the paint, and flopping like a fish...slowing down the game with his cheap ball tricks. I'm starting to see teams pick up on that part of his game too. Soon he wont have the ref's to bail him out like they do now. He will have to be held accountable and pick his game up or pack it up.

Get em'!

Did you peep. The desperate attempt to change focus onto Amare and Felt? Sad but hey, that's what happens when feelings get involved.

Are we better doesn't mean trade, it means analyze and see if there is a drop off or +/- with him on the floor.

But instead of analyzing his skill set and style in conjunction with the team the panties show.

I'll help: yes Gallo is sloppy but somtimes effective and he helps and hurts. The issue is we have a better SF in Chandler (res FA) and a Melo on the radar. Can he be an efficient contributor off the bench? Probably.

Can we use his shooting? Probably.

Is he limited, yes, but he has heart and is improving, I'll say that. If it works I'm not complaining, still doesn't change the fact his fundamentals, balance, movement, and athleticism leave more to be desired.

I'm not posting any facts, really?
Felton not assisting the ball FACT
Felton has been in a shooting slump FACT
Wilson has been in a shooting slump FACT
Gallo gets to the line every game FACT
Gallo shoots a high Ft% FACT
Gallo has been driving more FACT
All are facts that have been said in my previous posts, men lie women lie numbers DON'T!

I don't want my Pg to score every night but I want him to knock down shots if he is going to take 10+ shots a game like Felton has been doing.If he can't he should spread the ball and create openings for his team mates which Felton hasn't been doing lately. I like Felton he has been doing a good job but can you really sit there and say he hasn't been playing great and that's a direct correlation to Gallo.

Last 5 games for Felton:
@Okc 10pts 7ast 3to 0-4 3p 5-16fg 0-0FT
@Was 17pts 15ast 2rb 4to 4stl 1-4 3p 7-14fg 2-2Ft
@Mia 6pts 7ast 3rb 3to 3stl 0-4 3p 1-6fg 4-4Ft
@Atl 21pts 13ast 3rb 2to 1stl 0-4 3p 9-21fg 3-3FT
@Det 12pts 5ast 3rb 1to 2stl 1-3 3p 5-13fg 1-2FT

Besides Atl and Washington which games were Felton doing what you want your pg to do?
Oh ok maybe the thread should be could we win with a point guard who can set up his team mates better

I'm not posting any facts, really?
Felton not assisting the ball FACT
Felton has been in a shooting slump FACT
Wilson has been in a shooting slump FACT
Gallo gets to the line every game FACT
Gallo shoots a high Ft% FACT
Gallo has been driving more FACT
All are facts that have been said in my previous posts, men lie women lie numbers DON'T!

I don't want my Pg to score every night but I want him to knock down shots if he is going to take 10+ shots a game like Felton has been doing.If he can't he should spread the ball and create openings for his team mates which Felton hasn't been doing lately. I like Felton he has been doing a good job but can you really sit there and say he hasn't been playing great and that's a direct correlation to Gallo.

Last 5 games for Felton:
@Okc 10pts 7ast 3to 0-4 3p 5-16fg 0-0FT
@Was 17pts 15ast 2rb 4to 4stl 1-4 3p 7-14fg 2-2Ft
@Mia 6pts 7ast 3rb 3to 3stl 0-4 3p 1-6fg 4-4Ft
@Atl 21pts 13ast 3rb 2to 1stl 0-4 3p 9-21fg 3-3FT
@Det 12pts 5ast 3rb 1to 2stl 1-3 3p 5-13fg 1-2FT

Besides Atl and Washington which games were Felton doing what you want your pg to do?
Oh ok maybe the thread should be could we win with a point guard who can set up his team mates better

I bet you havn't even consider how long Felton had to play in this system, have you? Would you give Felton the same amount of time to play better? I doubt it. We already know how long Gallo had and yet Felton had more productive games then Gallo, right? When Felton starts really crapping it up out there... I will have no problem pointing that out too.

As I said before.... Knick fan first, player second. If I leaned anything by posting on this forum it would probably be that some people are exactly the opposite. I want a winning team, do you?

If this coach wants a scoring juggernaut than he needs consistant players to fill the roster. This is why I say Gallo is not the guy for the job and we can trade him for Melo (reasons already stated).

No matter how many points you score defense wins championships, thats why I prefer Wilson over Gallo because he can play muti-positons, score, and play defense....something our team is lacking big time.

What part of this don't you understand?