Knicks are better w/o STAT; trade him

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
The point of this thread is ridiculous... AMare played like shit in the first half. Sure. In the second half, though, our offense ran well. Tyson was even in foul trouble the whole time. Pick and Lin 4 life.

Its not the Offense that upsets me its Amare's lack of hustle and Defense. It seems like everyone on the team is giving 110% and Amare at times doesn't seem to care on the defensive end

clumsy

Rotation player
I kinda agree Amare didn't play well...I would trade him for Amir Johnson LOL a tough nose defensive guy who has a higher offensive ceiling than Jeffries.

We already have 2 players who don't play D in Lin and Carmelo...can you really have 3 who get major minutes.?

quiggle

Starter
listen make no mistake the defense Statosphere play last night is the exact kind of defense you will see agains Chicago, Miami, etc in the playoffs. he can score 75 points but will give up 100 in the process

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Listen stat is who he is that's why there are gm's to acquire players who compliments other players skills and deficiencies. If stat was a beast on defense then we woyldnt need t.c.well he isnt and therefore we need t.c. The truth is we will go as far as stat takes us

tiger0330

Legend
I was at practice for the first half but got to watch the last half and was AMAZED. STAT played pretty well and actually came up with some great defensive plays in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure where the hate comes from here. Stat had a solid game with 20+ point and 9 boards (which is better then his average and shows he was hustling this game) coming off of an extended time away form the court (including practice, team meetings, LINsanity discussions etc.)

And to say it was because of Stat that it was a close game, can anyone remind me what that score of the Minny game was? Come on guys.
I'll cut him some slack since it was his first day back but he took 22 shots to get his 20+. $100M men are supposed to dominate and give you what it takes to crush a team, it's only one game but I don't think Stat made the team better than with JJ as the starting PF and the only $100M man I see out there is Jeremy Lin.

Toons

is the Bo$$
some of you expect the knicks to have 5 all stars.
Amare is mainly for offense....we are surprised when he plays d
tyson is for defense....we are surprised if he takes a 15 footer
shump is defense..somewhat two way, but top in the nba in steals
fields is a two way player
melo is for offense...we are surprised at excellent d from melo
lin is offense...his man defense is questionable

it is what it is....
amir johnson had 5 blocks....that will not happen every night....ther eis only one reason we lost....we didnt take care of the ball and it cost us.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I kinda agree Amare didn't play well...I would trade him for Amir Johnson LOL a tough nose defensive guy who has a higher offensive ceiling than Jeffries.

We already have 2 players who don't play D in Lin and Carmelo...can you really have 3 who get major minutes.?

trade amare for amir johnson......what the fuk are you drinkin son?

clumsy

Rotation player
trade amare for amir johnson......what the fuk are you drinkin son?

Not as crazy as it seems. Amir is a hardworker, boxes out well, plays good interior defense and is a P&R player with Calderon. He's not nearly as gifted offensively as Amare but he costs way less.

With that saved money on Amare's contract we could get a legit Scoring SG like a JR Smith. I think we would be much better defensively and only a little bit worse offensively.

clumsy

Rotation player
I mean lets be serious do we really want Midrange Shooting Amare for the next 4 years? It's also pretty obvious he doesn't post well, and has little to no moves on the man 1 on 1.

iJoe

Rotation player
Seriously.... one game back after losing his brother and he obviously wasn't in game shape.

Cut the guy a little bit of slack before you go crazy riding the bandwagon. Its a long season. Lets spend some time enjoying our victories, instead of moping. We've had plenty to talk about and a hell of a lot to look forward to. Will Lin fit in well with Melo and Amare? I don't know but it makes the next few games that much more interesting. What other team in the NBA has so much drama?

skisloper

Starter
I mean lets be serious do we really want Midrange Shooting Amare for the next 4 years? It's also pretty obvious he doesn't post well, and has little to no moves on the man 1 on 1.

why is that a decision that needs to be made now ?
Would not be best to see how this team gels...Of course Amare's shortcomings will not vanish but just maybe it will not matter.....FORGET that he gets paid the 20 miilion because at this point it does not matter.....any trade that gets made I am sure his 20 million will be a red flag all......

I think at this point it is what it is..............not many options

quiggle

Starter
well those who keep on saying its his first game back cut him some slack, what we saw yesterday is the same Renaissance before he left, score the points but make the chemistry stagnat with no defense. if yall think with Melo coming back they all going to work together give me some of that skank you drinking. not taking anything away from Lin but if Statosphere left the team earlier when Douglas was running the point youd see what it was with Lin running it

skisloper

Starter
well those who keep on saying its his first game back cut him some slack, what we saw yesterday is the same Renaissance before he left, score the points but make the chemistry stagnat with no defense. if yall think with Melo coming back they all going to work together give me some of that skank you drinking. not taking anything away from Lin but if Statosphere left the team earlier when Douglas was running the point youd see what it was with Lin running it

if you cannot see the difference of Lin and Douglas running to point its hard to comprehend.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You seem so personally insulted, quiggle.

Would you like me to send you an internet hug?

Here you are, sweet pea. :finger:

quiggle

Starter
never insulted because truth as they say hurts. u guys continue to stick to Statosphere in the end of the day when he is done here, taking his Cablevision money that yall paid for, and goes back to Florida never bringing New York a champsionhip he will have been as good former Knicks Anthony Roberson and Cheik Sambh in doing nothing for the pride of the frnachise

Quiggle goes over the top, but the essence of his statements is true.

It's not a secret anymore that I'm an Amar'e hater too, but I don't do it for fun, I do it because I think he's bad for the franchise and doesn't deserve the money.

The fanboyism of Amar'e Stoudemire on this board is beyond ridiculous at times.

The best thing is people come up with constant excuses why he doesn't look like a $100 million player out there....first it was because he had to waste all of his energy on scoring last season so he didn't have anything left to play defense, because he was the only star.

Then it was because of chemistry issues with Melo after the trade with Denver.

Then this season it was because he didn't have a point guard and Chandler was taking his space around the paint away.

It was D'Antoni's bad coaching all the time.

Now it's because he only just came back and it was his first game.

It's always somebody else/ the situation/ the circumstances, never him.

It's quite amusing tbh.

Having said all that, it's not only him who doesn't deserve a max. contract, there are quite a few guys who don't deserve a max contract in the NBA...Joe Johnson just to name another example.

Last edited:
Its crazy how yall act like amare shit stanks so bad,he needs a good-great pg to be effective,he stinks on defense so bad that boris diaw/shawn marion played center in PHX,and was surrounded with great defensive players to the point that his flaws were COMPLETELY hidden.He looked dominant defensively because after marion/diaw/bell did all the dirty work he would run out of nowhere and get the cray help side block that ends up on sports center and makes us fans think he does that on a regular basis.

AMARE+NO PG=OLD KG WITHOUT DEFENSE

AMARE+GREAT PG=STAT

Amare is basically david ortiz-potentially great offensively but sux(pun intended) on defense.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Quiggle goes over the top, but the essence of his statements is true.

It's not a secret anymore that I'm an Amar'e hater too, but I don't do it for fun, I do it because I think he's bad for the franchise and doesn't deserve the money.

The fanboyism of Amar'e Stoudemire on this board is beyond ridiculous at times.

The best thing is people come up with constant excuses why he doesn't look like a $100 million player out there....first it was because he had to waste all of his energy on scoring last season so he didn't have anything left to play defense, because he was the only star.

Then it was because of chemistry issues with Melo after the trade with Denver.

Then this season it was because he didn't have a point guard and Chandler was taking his space around the paint away.

It was D'Antoni's bad coaching all the time.

Now it's because he only just came back and it was his first game.

It's always somebody else/ the situation/ the circumstances, never him.

It's quite amusing tbh.

Having said all that, it's not only him who doesn't deserve a max. contract, there are quite a few guys who don't deserve a max contract in the NBA...Joe Johnson just to name another example.

How are you a fan and seriously hate one of your star players, I understand you been upset at how he's playing but to actually call yourself an Amare hater would imply that you actually want him to fail.

But regardless you do know without Amare here Melo, Chandler, or Lin most likely wouldn't be here and this team would be stuck with Gallo, Chandler, and Felton most likely not making the playoffs and if they were to it would be a first round sweep right.

No doubt STAT hasn't been playing well and imo only like 5 players or so really deserve max contracts but idc I'm not paying these *****s and it's not like Amare max contract is hindering the Knicks ability to put together a good team.