Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knicks 02.19 1:00PM

smokes

Huge Member
smokes...just roll up a joint, like im doing right now, catcha smoke break, and enjoy the damn win for gods sakes.

Why on earth do you think I'm not enjoying the win? I just had a joint thanks, but I think the weed don't go to my head like it does with you!

I never complained, I just stated that averaging 5+ TO's is too much. No PG in the league averages that high. Eventually he's gotta be bringing it down to the 3-4 range.

I'll forgive you since you didn't seem to be here for the whole GT but at 10 points down in the third I was the only person in this GT being positive and saying we can easily win this in the 4th.

CA7

Scoring Champ
his turnovers will drop with his minutes when Melo comes back, he has the ball 95% of the time so every possession isn't going to end the way we want it to, regardless of the fact Lin is being over worked by D'Antoni and thats not good for us

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I totally thought he was going to play great, Im not some ignorant basketball fan who only listen to the public persona of a player. If you have actually watched JR play on tv and person you would know how good of a player he is. He totally lights it up, one of the most talented players in the NBA. A couple of years ago he was top 5 in the nba for fourth quarter scoring, the dude is clutch as ****.

Great =/= unselfish

smokes

Huge Member
Great =/= unselfish

Although he took a couple of bad shots today mostly I saw him playing pretty unselfish. The only moment I cringed was when it was 20 seconds on the clock and he did a behind the back pullup 20 foot leaning back jumpshot... In the 4th... But it went in so :lol:

mfgillia

Rookie
Originally Posted by mfgillia
Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

Huh?

tumblr_lafarzu3oE1qa2iui.jpg

"Not only is "irregardless" a word, but it's probably the best word of all time...

Even though it's a word, Merriam-Webster says you shouldn't use it: Can you name another word in the dictionary that the dictionary says you shouldn't use? Even really bad swear words don't have a dictionary-imposed boycott. That just makes me want to use it more."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9796217-1.html

:peace:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
It was great to see JR playing good solid minutes, it's obvious that is too soon to assume anything, but I think he'll have a big role on this team.
Also good to see that Lin didn't let the previous game affect his, even though he made some bad passes in the 2nd half, but overall he played a great game, he shot the ball pretty well and dished it out perfectly.
But let's not forget Steve "The Gunslinger" Novak, with his 3 pointers we took the command of the game and never looked back!!

GO KNICKS!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i cant believe ppl r bashing the SINGLE FA that wanted us. He said the knicks are back, he called in melo, he made NYC a place to play again. Rough game stat, get em next tomorrow
wanted us? he actually wanted to resign with the suns, and the suns were not going to give him the money he wanted. He came to us because....we failed to LURE Lebron.

-Knicks: welp were running out of FA options, lets slap 100 mill in Amare's face and cross our fingers

-stoudemire- 100 mill? thats "phenomenal" ill take it.

Dont be fooled if the suns gave him what he wanted he would still be there

i do respect, he played his heart out his 1st season here and made us relevant, but i will never respect how terrible he's playing this season

he's not playing defense, rebounds when he wants, slams the ball on the floor when somethings not going his way instead of actually contributing and fixing the situation. for a guy playing on 100 mill contract, the way he's playing is unacceptable. Every game is a "rough" game for him. It aint hard to tell,

Ill root for Jared flippin Jeffries a guy that plays his a$$ off does the little things, hustle, rebounds before i cheer on a guy sitting on a fat check playing like MR softy.

Stat has the ability to be great, but for some reason he's just not putting any effort this season.

As fans it's our jobs to bash a player when he's playing like crap, no matter who they are Stat, melo, Lin who ever , you dont pat them on the a$$ and say maybe next time... and thats where coaching comes in Mike dantoni scared to yell at his stars and get in their ear, they have the freedom to play how ever they feel, and nobody will say anything about it smh.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Saw the whole second half(whole half????) and a little nerve racking.....Ended up handling biz down the stretch after the Mavs came outta the lockeroom blazing. Linsanity needs to cut down on the turnovers, but that will come with time.... This team has weapons esp. w/Melo back... Question is: can D'ant stir the drink????? Somebody get Phil on the horn!!!!!

What you really need to know
about this game was the 33 bench points
seems like Jr has no problem being off the bench.
Novak seems like he has a real connection with Lin
He's been on fire since getting some playing time.

The Stat hate is laughable he played an ok game on the defensive end
and tried really hard on the boards he didn't get in the way or stop the
ball movement thats what I need from him, he's still finding his rhythm
those shots will fall.

But we need to trade Douglass and Walker for a back up Pg
because Baron Davis might not be able to give us 16-20 mins
and LIN can not afford to break down. Great win though :gony:

smokes

Huge Member
What you really need to know
about this game was the 33 bench points
seems like Jr has no problem being off the bench.
Novak seems like he has a real connection with Lin
He's been on fire since getting some playing time.

The Stat hate is laughable he played an ok game on the defensive end
and tried really hard on the boards he didn't get in the way or stop the
ball movement thats what I need from him, he's still finding his rhythm
those shots will fall.

But we need to trade Douglass and Walker for a back up Pg
because Baron Davis might not be able to give us 16-20 mins
and LIN can not afford to break down. Great win though :gony:

I think the Knicks back office must be confident in Baron since they said they are done dealing for now.

Agree on STAT, the hate is too much really. He didn't play horribly, he didn't play amazingly. Had an ok game.

I don't think Walker or Douglas is going to get us anything except draft picks and I'd rather we had them there at least they can both shoot the 3 and defend if we have injuries down the stretch.

If all we can get for Toney and Walker are picks
I'm all for it this up coming draft is so deep that getting the 30th pick
is like getting a lottery pick there's alot of guys that can replace Walker
If we can trade em for a mid-1st rounder we should take Marquis Teague who
would be great in this system and a great back up.

smh,

cut Stat some slack. He damn near broke his back last year helping to make us relevant again, he has new faces to embrace and feel out, plus his bro just passed away.... let time heal all wounds.

btw,the last i check we were winning, right?

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
If all we can get for Toney and Walker are picks
I'm all for it this up coming draft is so deep that getting the 30th pick
is like getting a lottery pick there's alot of guys that can replace Walker
If we can trade em for a mid-1st rounder we should take Marquis Teague who
would be great in this system and a great back up.

the idea that Douglas and Walker are worth even a twelfth round pick is ludicrous. And yes, I spelled out 12th so you didn't think I made a mistake.

Just my cents tho? The Knicks, even when Melo gets back, are still no better than 6th in the East. Philly has built a sizable lead, they play defense and they don't lose at home. Knicks were still giving up wide open baskets to Dallas to day and this insistence on switching into defensive mismatches is distubing to me.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
the idea that Douglas and Walker are worth even a twelfth round pick is ludicrous. And yes, I spelled out 12th so you didn't think I made a mistake.

Just my cents tho? The Knicks, even when Melo gets back, are still no better than 6th in the East. Philly has built a sizable lead, they play defense and they don't lose at home. Knicks were still giving up wide open baskets to Dallas to day and this insistence on switching into defensive mismatches is distubing to me.

we play Philly 2 more times they're 4.5 ahead of use we win those games there is a 2.5 game difference which we could take advantage of.

We got everything we need now its time to got to work

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
I think I agree w/ the peeps above, re: STAT.

He's playing kinda like he was right before his he took time off.....which is to say he seems a bit more aware and consistently applying effort both ways.

The best thing for STAT's D and overall game at this pt is finding his way on the offense. He's an offensive player, if he starts eating good he's going to be able to apply the rhythm and confidence both ways. (or at least to a degree better than he can otherwise).

I agree w/ CA7 that he might just be being a bit of a bitch, too, and feeling aggravated about not being "The Man" anymore.

There's just no reason he shouldn't be shooting in the high .500 %'s, with 7+ boards, and getting his 20 a game as a result, and going off for bonzo scoring games when the matchups are right.

Look, all that swag ass bullshit he's talked since coming here has to be tied to this notion he has of saving NYK, being a king of the basketball city, etc....Just look at how much he applies himself to media and entertainment exposure, facilitated through the pris mof STAT as basketball god of NY and leader of the NYK.

I just pray he's able to get his shit together, and be the player he can still be on this. And this guy doesn't pull a Curry on us, and allow his game to erode over time bc he's not emotionally satisfied.

In this sense alone, Bosh is superior to Amare, IMO. He's adapted far quicker and with less bullshit -- in a tougher situation, too -- than STAT.

The 20lb stuff I just don't get. Who the **** gets paid 100M to play ball, and puts on 20lb if there's any real chance it'd legit effect their game poorly. I can't believe this could happen, and coaches/trainers/etc wouldn't stop it.

Bottomline, Chandler is playing better than anyone thought, too. He has become a pretty beast scorer, surprisingly. Lin, Melo, Chandler and guys like Shump, Novak, JR....all can act as scorers; sucks that it makes STAT's offense all the more expendable, on top of his overall game and contract.

LeFlume

All Star
STAT is like A-Rod. Homer when we're up by 8 runs. Lin is like Jeter, he gives us ribby's when we're down.. STAT need a world series ring.. :thumbsup:

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT is like A-Rod. Homer when we're up by 8 runs. Lin is like Jeter, he gives us ribby's when we're down.. STAT need a world series ring.. :thumbsup:

Melo is like Rivera we only need him to close games

Toney is like Burnett and JR is the Nick Swisher

this is fun LOL

iSaYughh

Starter
wanted us? he actually wanted to resign with the suns, and the suns were not going to give him the money he wanted. He came to us because....we failed to LURE Lebron.

-Knicks: welp were running out of FA options, lets slap 100 mill in Amare's face and cross our fingers

-stoudemire- 100 mill? thats "phenomenal" ill take it.

Dont be fooled if the suns gave him what he wanted he would still be there

i do respect, he played his heart out his 1st season here and made us relevant, but i will never respect how terrible he's playing this season

he's not playing defense, rebounds when he wants, slams the ball on the floor when somethings not going his way instead of actually contributing and fixing the situation. for a guy playing on 100 mill contract, the way he's playing is unacceptable. Every game is a "rough" game for him. It aint hard to tell,

Ill root for Jared flippin Jeffries a guy that plays his a$$ off does the little things, hustle, rebounds before i cheer on a guy sitting on a fat check playing like MR softy.

Stat has the ability to be great, but for some reason he's just not putting any effort this season.

As fans it's our jobs to bash a player when he's playing like crap, no matter who they are Stat, melo, Lin who ever , you dont pat them on the a$$ and say maybe next time... and thats where coaching comes in Mike dantoni scared to yell at his stars and get in their ear, they have the freedom to play how ever they feel, and nobody will say anything about it smh.

+1

Except the last part. It's a star league, when you're a superstar you get away with shit, -- it's a reality that reflects the totality of the NBA today.

It's ain't the NHL. These players get treated with kid gloves a lotta the time, which sucks, but you can understand why it happens.

When coaches do call out star players and beef.....your franchise basically gets assraped then when the player demands out and you get pennies to the dollar (a la Deron Williams), after the said players rapes your team's chemistry, and is constantly beefing with the coach and team.

Anyway, D'antoni sitting STAT a lot at the end of the game was a good sign. But just benching him would be a nightmare, even if we'd like to see it. It's kinda like A-Rod actually, when he batted 8th those games...took a long ass time before even Torre did that....And the NBA and situation with STAT is 10000x more perilous and wrought with potential nightmare scenarios if shit spiraled between STAT and coach/team.