Game Thread: New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans (2015/01/19)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NOP.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(20-20) (5-36)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG5:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

jrue_holiday.png
carmelo_anthony.png

ben_gordon.png
jason_smith.png

dante_cunningham.png
amare_stoudemire.png

anthony_davis.png
jose_calderon.png

omer_asik.png
shane_larkin.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
New Orleans Pelicans
Shane Larkin - Sprained Left Ankle (QUEST)Jrue Holiday - right ankle inflammation (QUEST)
Amar?e Stoudemire - Sore Right Knee (QUEST)Anthony Davis - Left toe sprain (QUEST)
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (DOUBT)-
- -

Today in Knicks history
97313721.jpg

January 19, 1998Knicks record 21st consecutive win over the Celtics with a 98-92 win at the Garden on Martin Luther King Day. Allan Houston and Chris Mills score 23 points apiece.

Recent meetings
December 9, 2014New Orleans pushed a 77-73 lead to 83-73 over the first two minutes of the fourth quarter en route to a 104-93 victory over the New York Knicks at the Smoothie Kings Center. Amar?e Stoudemire posted 26 points on 11-18 shooting and five rebounds over 32 minutes. This was Stoudemire?s highest point total in a game since he posted 27 points on 11-15 shooting in Mar. 9, 2012 loss @ MIL. Carmelo Anthony recorded 17 points and a team high eight rebounds over 39 minutes. Tyreke Evans paced the Pelicans with 27 points on 11-15 shooting and six assists over 34 minutes. Anthony Davis posted 18 points and eight rebounds over 33 minutes. Omer Asik added 16 points and 14 rebounds.
February 19, 2014After allowing a 13-point lead slip away in the fourth-quarter, Carmelo Anthony took over as he scored eight of the Knicks final 10 points of the game as he willed New York to a 98-91 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans at the Smoothie King Center. Anthony led the Knicks with 42 points- 16-29 FG- and four rebounds over 40 minutes. Tim Hardaway Jr. continued his stellar play with 16 points off the bench over 36 minutes. J.R. Smith posted a much needed 19 points- 7-13 FG- and five rebounds over 40 minutes. New Orleans was paced by Eric Gordon?s 28 points and four rebounds over 35 minutes. Anthony Davis added 14 points and 10 rebounds. Austin Rivers recorded 14 points off the bench.

It's only 8:30PM, how did I miss this game altogether? I need to catch a replay, it looks like Melo and Galloway were a deadly pair tonight and led us to a completely unexpected upset.

mafra

Legend
It's only 8:30PM, how did I miss this game altogether? I need to catch a replay, it looks like Melo and Galloway were a deadly pair tonight and led us to a completely unexpected upset.

NO sat Anthony Davis. Crazy to think tonight was first time we had a 12 point lead or more in a game since win vs Boston over a month ago.

Kiyaman

Legend

I missed a Knicks win too .. Damn! they are rare this season

Galloway had another KEEPER game, that turn into a WIN for the Knicks .. LETS GO KNICKS!!!
Galloway is 1-4 compare to Larkins 4-10, and Calderon 1-27

Amundson had another keeper game

CoolClyde

Galloway was the difference in this game, anytime there's a second high scorer, that's all the Knicks really need, as long as they shore up their defense. Pelicans missing unibrow was the only reason they lost, they didn't have anyone making swiss cheese of the Knicks D, and other than Eric Gordon, no one hitting 3's. more of a sh*t game for the Pelicans that a great game for the Knicks.

more games like this can destroy the tank!