Official Free Agency Thread

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Here's the thing: With Landry gone, if Knicks can hold that $3M MLE after S&T Felton, how about making a call to Ray Allen?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
"@MottzThoughts: @alanhahn JR Smith update?" He'll be back and most likely the starting SG.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
"@MottzThoughts: @alanhahn JR Smith update?" He'll be back and most likely the starting SG.

-I rather see JR come off the bench with Felton they would be a solid 1 2 punch off the bench

-if you cant get ray allen ---give Foye the MLE throw him in the starting lineup (38% basically 40% behind the arc last season) .... Also can be a play maker and create his own shot

-Vet min Backup center (Nazr muhammed, Turiaf, Troy muprhy)

Resign Jeffries, Novak, Lin

Go to war

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
-I rather see JR come off the bench with Felton they would be a solid 1 2 punch off the bench

-if you cant get ray allen ---give Foye the MLE throw him in the starting lineup (38% basically 40% behind the arc last season) .... Also can be a play maker and create his own shot

-Vet min Backup center (Nazr muhammed, Turiaf, Troy muprhy)

Resign Jeffries, Novak, Lin

Go to war

He will be back as starter until Shump is back. I like it as you all know I am down for JR like CA7 is down for Melo. In terms of being good for the team this is great also.

Sometimes you make addition by subtraction getting rid of Landry will pay off in the long run. If Lin leaves I will be upset only because we were not able to trade him. I am all for signing Lin and then flipping him to the highest bidder after we are eligible to trade him. IMO he will be a backup at best , I hope I am wrong for the sake of our franchise:gony:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He will be back as starter until Shump is back. I like it as you all know I am down for JR like CA7 is down for Melo. In terms of being good for the team this is great also.

Sometimes you make addition by subtraction getting rid of Landry will pay off in the long run. If Lin leaves I will be upset only because we were not able to trade him. I am all for signing Lin and then flipping him to the highest bidder after we are eligible to trade him. IMO he will be a backup at best , I hope I am wrong for the sake of our franchise:gony:
I support JR as well, he can sometimes be a bonehead and take those uncalled for shots but overall he is a decent athletic player, if we were to put Jr in the starting lineup who is coming off the bench at the SG position, since Shump is out untill January? we have absolutely nobody lol.

When shump returns he will still be rusty and would still have to regain his form back. I wouldn't mind seeing a Felton, JR, Shump, Novak lineup off the bench until Shump is ready for his starting role back.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
What are the Kings gaining from receiving Toney douglas and Diop they are SET at the center position and TD is waste lol. They can receive far more for Tyreke

Kings need another Center presence on their roster and Diop could give them more stability...

Between Cousins & Whiteside <-- lol!

The Kings are an up tempo team Douglas would excel, his defense could give them something off the bench... He could be valuable as role player behind Thornton...

Now the addition to that trade of course would be draft pix changing hands!!!

pat

Starter
Sometimes you make addition by subtraction getting rid of Landry will pay off in the long run.

Addition by subtraction works if you have got locker room issues. I doubt that Fields would have caused any. Personally I take basketball IQ over athleticism any day of the week. So for me we are heading into the wrong direction.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
Looks like James White will try and fill in for Landry. He has the no jumper part down. I think he will defend better and will surprise a few ( Hope big timeeeee ) people with his athletic ability!

:gony:

mafra

Legend
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Oh, great. BOS adds Terry; MIA will add Ray Allen, Nets add Joe Johnson, and NYK bring back Lin & JR Smith while adding Felton. We might end up the 8th seed again. First round sweep. JOY!

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
Addition by subtraction works if you have got locker room issues. I doubt that Fields would have caused any. Personally I take basketball IQ over athleticism any day of the week. So for me we are heading into the wrong direction.

In terms of having his head on straight I would say Landry wins that battle. James has been out of the league for a while so he may be just as hungry to step in and help the team not miss a beat with Landry leaving.

Shawne Williams and Landry both had opportunities to raise their value and cash in on desperate teams during free agency. I hope James White will play with the same heart and turn into a long term asset for our Orange & Blue.

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
Kings need another Center presence on their roster and Diop could give them more stability...

Between Cousins & Whiteside <-- lol!

The Kings are an up tempo team Douglas would excel, his defense could give them something off the bench... He could be valuable as role player behind Thornton...

Now the addition to that trade of course would be draft pix changing hands!!!
bro they have Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Chuck Hayes, Jason thompson, and Whiteside. Hell i wish we had a Chuck hayes or Thompson coming off our bench lol.

Kings have the most congested, Loaded up backcourt in the NBA (salmons, Thorton, Evans, Fredette, Garcia, Isiah Thomas,Honeycutt lol even with Tyreke gone Toney Douglas still aint cracking rotation he might as well stay in the locker room lol, he has no value what so ever/

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
bro they have Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Chuck Hayes, Jason thompson, and Whiteside. Hell i wish we had a Chuck hayes or Thompson coming off our bench lol.

Kings have the most congested, Loaded up backcourt in the NBA (salmons, Thorton, Evans, Fredette, Garcia, Isiah Thomas,Honeycutt lol even with Tyreke gone Toney Douglas still aint cracking rotation he might as well stay in the locker room lol, he has no value what so ever/

Chuck Hayes is their Starter at PF, Thompson as #2 PF, funny thing Cousins is better suited as PF then Center

I also would want Thompson coming off our bench lol! Or heir apparent to Chandler at Center!

Kings are interested in Douglas lol!

According to my sources, the Knicks are talking to the Sacramento Kings about acquiring forward Donte Greene in exchange for the third-year guard.
The Kings could use a combo guard to take the pressure off of rookies Isaiah Thomas and Jimmer Fredette, defensively. Tyreke Evans was recently moved to the small forward position. This isn?t the first time that Sacramento has had interest in Toney Douglas. Last June, they were discussing a possible Omri Casspi deal.
http://blognbasketball.com/2012/03/source-knicks-kings-discussing-douglas-trade/

If they had interest then, maybe they still have that same interest now! To be involved in a trade to acquire Douglas maybe to you its not worth it but Managements have other ideas... Yes this is an old post link, but has validity to my trade...