The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

smokes

Huge Member
Depends what you consider a lowball, you can't expect to get more than 75c on the dollar for an injured player who's out indefinitely.

I'm a fan of Love though so I'll throw a couple of scenarios at you.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I thought the idea behind our own fantasy league was to keep it among respectful posters who rather avoid calling fellow forumers "profoundly or mentally retarted" or "not the brightest guys in the bunch". With all due respect metro, I appreciate what you've done for our community, but you simply crossed the line. What's next? Calling posters "retarded ****suckers" and "****ing faggots" because you feel butthurt they voted against your trade? Your behavior is beyond comprehension, fantasy league is about having fun, not about going on war with fellow posters.

metrocard

Legend
I thought the idea behind our own fantasy league was to keep it among respectful posters who rather avoid calling fellow forumers "profoundly or mentally retarted" or "not the brightest guys in the bunch". With all due respect metro, I appreciate what you've done for our community, but you simply crossed the line. What's next? Calling posters "retarded ****suckers" and "****ing faggots" because you feel butthurt they voted against your trade? Your behavior is beyond comprehension, fantasy league is about having fun, not about going on war with fellow posters.

What sense does it make posting an emotional post but claiming someone is butthurt? and What the hell is the obsession with anal pain in this forum?

You're taking this too personal.
It's a competitive fantasy league.
Don't be sensitive about criticism and excuse my way with words I've always triggered people to take things up the ass (I'm sure you guys were stimulated by that one, verbal masturbation for you anal fan boys)
It's a message board and thoughts will expressed.
This isn't Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.
The veto was pure senseless and asinine trolling to my roster. The reasoning behind it was as logical as US Gov't's War on Iraq. If you don't expect me to voice my mouth after such nonsense then you really live in a lollipop world with too much niceness. I'm good and nice to people who don't give me sh*t, if you throw crap at me, expect a couple jabs to the face.
You guys may have been insulted by the evidence I provided to prove the trade was fair in both ways.
Afflalo is superior to Novak, where as Jrue and Roy are more consistent and valued players in compared to Kemba and DeAndre. Balanced deal that was discussed between to the two parties. We went over this already, and I honestly don't care anymore because anyone who veto the trade is a complete jackass with a lot of hate in their heart, and my opinion on that can't be compromised. It was moronic and takes away the fun from the league, especially since a lot of you guys post low balling and lopsided trades that have no value to the person you're trading with. I can't believe how clownish you guys can be complaining people aren't participating and responding to these ludicrous and atrocious trade offers. I had to explain to people that this person didn't have a mental condition, I actually came to your defenses here. How can I make trade offers now with people who will veto fair trades and offer low ball trades? Of course I'm going to be outspoken about this. Why shouldn't I be? Because I'm a moderator or commish? I'm equal to you guys except I just have ability to move and merg threads. I have all the right to elaborate on my discontent for what went down.

But the issue expired on Monday.
Today it's Weds and you live in Europe...you're suppose to be ahead of time here. I wanted this situation to be deaded already and move on the matchups this week.
Put away the box of tissues and go worry about getting the lead back on my squad.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We all saw this coming.

anyone who veto the trade is a complete jackass with a lot of hate in their heart, and my opinion on that can't be compromised.

But their opinions of your shenanigans (whether or not they were in fact shenanigans) are not up for compromise either. No smoke without fire, as they say. Gotta admit that it's pretty predictable that there'd be conflict revolving around the same ol' villain.

Personally, I find it very entertaining! :lol:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@metro: who's taking it too personal? Who's been whining around about a vetoed trade for the last couple of days? You seriously believe we're a bunch of haters who'll do whatever it takes to stop you from winning in fantasy? Damn, bro, you think too high of yourself. I thought the trade was unfair and wanted to know what's the story behind it. I made it clear I'll veto if you didn't clarify how it works out for both of you. I waited a couple of hours and before the trade was proceeded I vetoed as you didn't reply to my doubts. If you explained to me how you thought the trade was fair I wouldn't vote against it. Besides, if the issue expired on Monday why are you still crying on the fantasy site? You're overreacting metro, you've been changing the rules without making it public, then you're pulling a suspicious trade with your mate who everybody thought was inactive, again without telling anybody how it works. You're too much into winning, seriously, if you care so much you could let me know and I'd bench all my active players, so you can grab another W.

CoolClyde

...The veto was pure senseless and asinine trolling to my roster.
The reasoning behind it was as logical as US Gov't's War on Iraq.

haha. well, that pretty much sums it up. I agree, we all knew this was coming. Gangnam Style
was not the only one who vetoed, doesn't the commissioner see who does? I expressed my opinion
at the beginning that Novak should not have been included and let this play out between Metro
and Gangnam Dave.

I knew Metro would hold a grudge against everyone and be the beatdown artist he's renowned for.
it's Metro vs the anal-fixated KO world.
well played all. trade away.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Its a league for fun if it needs to be serious someone can take over for me lol. I have leagues where $$$ is on the line and its not taken to heart like this.

We need to have everyone post who is in the league so we know who is who and what is what. Once again if someone has a problem with me you can have full control of the team I preset the lineups anyway.

smokes

Huge Member
**** it, this is just getting boring.

Let's see if anyone veto's your trade now, the world is not against you.

I'm tempted to veto it for your own benefit, however I know how high you are on Kemba so imma leave it alone.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Crazy⑧s;253573 said:
But their opinions of your shenanigans (whether or not they were in fact shenanigans) are not up for compromise either. No smoke without fire, as they say. Gotta admit that it's pretty predictable that there'd be conflict revolving around the same ol' villain.

Personally, I find it very entertaining! :lol:

More word play here.
Me playing "villain" is going to continue I guess.
If you guys are entertained, I'm for it.
But if I can't make fair trades here...then I lose out on the entertainment value.

@metro: who's taking it too personal?

you.

I discussed the veto when I got home from work, not last couple of days(kinda requires it to be 3+ days). I guess I was too late to get back that to. That's obviously a misunderstanding and I'll apologize to you if I got anything mixed up.
Dzwon, that what it seems me vs them, but I won't take it personal like I said. It just involves more maneuvering around the league. The veto power is a fair move and you exercised your power. I also have the power of an opinion, now I don't see why you're wasting energy on crying about it. A lot more useful things to do than that, like get that W against me this week.

haha. well, that pretty much sums it up. I agree, we all knew this was coming. Gangnam Style
was not the only one who vetoed, doesn't the commissioner see who does? I expressed my opinion
at the beginning that Novak should not have been included and let this play out between Metro
and Gangnam Dave.

I knew Metro would hold a grudge against everyone and be the beatdown artist he's renowned for.
it's Metro vs the anal-fixated KO world.
well played all. trade away.

Well, in all seriously I'm not going to hold a grudge against anyone. My anyone argument was against the profoundness of how everyone was clear it was a lopsided trade when I had a fair argument to why it was fair for both parties...didn't even get a chance to explain myself. Trade got vetoed faster than a virgin getting raped in a rikers island prison.
I do hold a competitive grudge, for competition. I will be mercyless and I'm sure you all win.
The wins and losses just mean a lot more now in this league.

**** it, this is just getting boring.

Let's see if anyone veto's your trade now, the world is not against you.

I'm tempted to veto it for your own benefit, however I know how high you are on Kemba so imma leave it alone.

I like Holliday's consistancy, but I don't know how long he can keep his assist numbers 9 this season. Traditionally always been a 5-6 assist guy and I believe Kemba can hit 7 assist this season being the primary ball handler in Charlotte. Kemba's help defense is underrated, 5"11 guard but gets steals, blocks, offensive boards. I need a Bronx dude on the squad. I may be wrong about Kemba and he may fall off the Earth, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

and as for this league, Beef Helmets and Brusiers scare me to death, they've been consistent each game and show no signs of weakness. I apologize to anyone who faces them in the near future, including myself.

metrocard

Legend
Its a league for fun if it needs to be serious someone can take over for me lol. I have leagues where $$$ is on the line and its not taken to heart like this.

We need to have everyone post who is in the league so we know who is who and what is what. Once again if someone has a problem with me you can have full control of the team I preset the lineups anyway.

I may just set up your lineups for you, does anyone object? I would understand any objection here. Is there anyone that wants to take over for Robert's team? He's a busy man.

smokes

Huge Member
^ word well I can't shake Kemba's performance last year when he was a total bust for most of the season.

If people set their lineups like 90%+ of the time I don't care about anything more than that. Try to respond to trade offers within the 10 day time limit... Other than that it really doesn't matter.

The only reason the inactivity bothers me is that the longer it goes on, the worse hole we are putting the people in who are going to take over their teams when they inevitably get replaced.

I don't think Robert falls into that category personally. Don't you set your lineups all the time?

CoolClyde

I don't think Robert wants his team taken over, he's just putting it out there for fu*cksake.
I'd like to know what payout league he's in. I'm thinking of putting some bucks into draftstreet.com.

I applaud the Kimbra for Jew Holiday trade, at least that makes sense.
Jrue may be having the better season now, but I think Kemba Walker is a superstar waiting to happen,
and if you feel like you want a certain player on your team, you've gotta give something up for him.
I've followed his career from day 1 thru CT championship thru pros, and I know you like him too.
good job.

Rono wanted CP3 and he cleverly traded for Rondo, then for CP3, so he got his man.
that's the way this league should be run.

btw, i just rejected a potential trade between CoolClyde's Bruisers and Beefy Helmeteers:
Marcin Gortat + Tyreke Evans FOR
Greg Monroe + Goran Dragic

just call me Veto Corleone. private joke.

metrocard

Legend
Interesting scenario between CA7 and smokes.
Nash can be a big time sleeper.
If Evans get's it to together and starts getting to the FT line, he's a 20-5-5 player.
I approve of this trade, can really take both teams to the next level if these players breakout.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Lol I'm with Crazy 8's.. This **** is entertaining for sure.

Nice to not be all caught up in the controversy for a change.

As usual Metro is at the center of it.. :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
I'm hoping CA7 gets a W this week.
Nothing against Adrian, but CA7 been competing all season, would be a sad thing to see him take an L this week. He would be the greatest 0-3 fantasy of all time.

metrocard

Legend
A7tTyU6CAAAx2mQ.jpg

metrocard

Legend
^ I sent you a juicy offer.

wadeno.0_standard_500.0.gif

Juicy indeed.
I love Rubio.
Like top 3 favorite player for me behind Arroyo and Walker.
My thing is Rubio's recovery is a slow process, he's in no rush to return in addition with Minnesota having a deep PG rotation with Shved emerging as a PG/SG, it's a deal I wish I can make; a risk I wish I can do ...but I have to play it safe. Grevis only has to battle Brian Roberts for minutes.
It may bite me in my the ass.