why we shouldn't draft a pg(lebron related)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My point was that we shouldn't base our draft decisions on Lebron, just because he might come here. That's retarded. You draft the best player available.

Besides, you talk as if Lebron can only play the point. His finishing and scoring are his greatest strengths. Giving Lebron another ballhandler alllows him to play to his strengths. It doesn't make sense to have a scorer like Lebron to be your PG. Why do you think the Cavs have been so successful since Mo Williams came to the Cavs?
What he said

ANU

Starter
clean my bong? nah, i don't smoke.i'd actually like to reproduce someday.

lol at the love of mediocrity on this board, these are the same jerkoffs who where jizzing in their spiderman underwear for ty lawson when unc won the ncaa title.these are the same people who always complain about the guys this team passed on.like not doing enough for mayo.no, upside doesn't mean shit.:teeth:
the **** outta here.

if lebron does come here, where the **** is he gonna play if you have gallo and chandler? his handle is better than both.HIS VISION, IS BETTER THAN BOTH. but alas, agree with each other all you want.you dudes are all repressed and depressed.and every year is the same shit.
some of you actually defended isaish thompson.:teeth:
oh boy.....
LEBRON WOULD EASILY AVERAGE A TRIPLE DOUBLE IN THIS SYSTEM, EASILY.

continue.....................

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
What if Bron doesnt come here next year? and we traded our pick for Rudy as you suggested earlier, we are pretty much screwed. I think that was his point.

ANU

Starter
and if he doesn't come we can always draft or sign someone.D'antoni made nash an mvp.he made bumass duhon decent for as long as he could, and he's at best a back up.

What if Bron doesnt come here next year? and we traded our pick for Rudy as you suggested earlier, we are pretty much screwed. I think that was his point.
READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.........PLENTY OF POINT GUARDS WILL BE OUT THERE.

say they draft flynn
shooting guard is a ?
chandler is at three
and gallinari is at 4
and center is ?

one of this teams problems is lack of interior defense.
what will they do?

this is a point guard draft.if you're going to draft one, you shouldn't draft one in the lottery.
i say don't draft it with our pick(8).
its baffling how i have to explain every single detail to most of you.
i mean aren't most of you all knowing, all seeing?

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
smh at trading chandler + 8th pick for rubio.
as if this team doesn't have enough holes.
a could be very good player plus a ? for a ?.

SMH.............

smokes

Huge Member
clean my bong? nah, i don't smoke.i'd actually like to reproduce someday.

lol at the love of mediocrity on this board, these are the same jerkoffs who where jizzing in their spiderman underwear for ty lawson when unc won the ncaa title.these are the same people who always complain about the guys this team passed on.like not doing enough for mayo.no, upside doesn't mean shit.:teeth:
the **** outta here.

if lebron does come here, where the **** is he gonna play if you have gallo and chandler? his handle is better than both.HIS VISION, IS BETTER THAN BOTH. but alas, agree with each other all you want.you dudes are all repressed and depressed.and every year is the same shit.
some of you actually defended isaish thompson.:teeth:
oh boy.....
LEBRON WOULD EASILY AVERAGE A TRIPLE DOUBLE IN THIS SYSTEM, EASILY.

continue.....................

All you do is mention upside, and refuse to acknowledge the downsides, flaming guys that posted here for years when you joined a month ago.

Why would you not draft a potential allstar PG on some prayer that we are gonna get Lebron in a years time? That's just retarded thinking, you draft the best player you can at the spots you need, if there's a serious option of getting Lebron closer to 2010 then you can trade your pick, or other assets, to fill the space you need.

Lebron doesn't have to play the 1 spot to play point, he can bring the ball up from any position. His assists come a lot more from drawing double teams than from him being a natural playmaker.

The only advantage I see is having him guarding a smaller guy on defense, which is not even really an advantage, since he's gonna be running around a lot more on D and wearing himself down to keep up with these little speedy PGs.

What you say makes no sense... Let's NOT draft an amazing PG because MAYBE in 1 year we can get LBJ and MAYBE put him at the PG spot because of one or two negligible upsides.

ANU

Starter
All you do is mention upside, and refuse to acknowledge the downsides, flaming guys that posted here for years when you joined a month ago.

Why would you not draft a potential allstar PG on some prayer that we are gonna get Lebron in a years time? That's just retarded thinking, you draft the best player you can at the spots you need, if there's a serious option of getting Lebron closer to 2010 then you can trade your pick, or other assets, to fill the space you need.

Lebron doesn't have to play the 1 spot to play point, he can bring the ball up from any position. His assists come a lot more from drawing double teams than from him being a natural playmaker.

The only advantage I see is having him guarding a smaller guy on defense, which is not even really an advantage, since he's gonna be running around a lot more on D and wearing himself down to keep up with these little speedy PGs.

What you say makes no sense... Let's NOT draft an amazing PG because MAYBE in 1 year we can get LBJ and MAYBE put him at the PG spot because of one or two negligible upsides.
I'm flaming guys that act like they know it all, all im doing is bringing in a new idea, and these clits want to talk about it like its blasphemy.why the **** should i budge?
it's a forum.people disagree.others are arrogant.i say **** em.I'm arguing with more than one person.

i didn't join a month ago.

i just hardly posted before.and so what? what the ****? i need to build immunity by giving e-tug jobs to other posters in order to be able to say the things i believe in?
did i say anything to you? mind your business mall cop.

and all i do is mention upside? i mentioned it once, again, this board loves mediocrity.their will be plenty of point guards out there available.
all of you need to stop acting like we're getting the 2. we have the 8th.
what AMAZING POINT IS THEIR AT 8?
EVERYBODY KNOWS THERE IS A DOWNSIDE TO PLAYERS.WHAT THE HELL DO I NEED TO MENTION IT FOR, DOES RUBIO NOT HAVE A DOWNSIDE?
:teeth:

smokes

Huge Member
I'm flaming guys that act like they know it allall im doing is bringing in a new idea, and these clits when to talk about it like its blasphemy.why the **** should i budge?
it's a forum.people disagree.others are arrogant.i say **** em.I'm arguing with more than one person.

i didn't join a month ago.

i just hardly posted before.and so what? what the ****? i need to build immunity by giving e-tug jobs to other posters in order to be able to say the things i believe in?
did i say anything to you? mind your business mall cop.

and all i do is mention upside? i mentioned it once, again, this board loves mediocrity.their will be plenty of point guards out there available.
all of you need to stop acting like we're getting the 2. we have the 8th.
what AMAZING POINT IS THEIR AT 8?
EVERYBODY KNOWS THERE IS A DOWNSIDE TO PLAYERS.WHAT THE HELL DO I NEED TO MENTION IT FOR, DOES RUBIO NOT HAVE A DOWNSIDE?
:teeth:

Oh yea, March 2008, I read 2009... Sue me. Maybe if you typed in legible sentences my eyes wouldn't be so fried from reading your whack posts. You didn't say shit to me, but I'm not allowed to respond? Like you said, it's a forum buddy.

So tell us Mr "everyone-else-is-a-know-it-all-when-I-act-like-one", what incredible hole are we gonna fill with our 8th pick? You go back and forth, saying Chandler at the 2, then Chandler at the 3. We don't need a 2 in the draft, we are stocked on SF's and potential SG's, there's barely a quality defensive big in the draft, let alone projected in the lottery.

What new idea did you bring? LBJ playing the point? Hate to break it to you buddy, but every potential Lebron scenario has been discussed to death here when you were hardly posting. Ain't nothing new that you're suggesting.

So please, what is your amazing idea of who we should draft at number 8 and why?

Kiyaman

Legend
jesus.

when people who actually know about basketball compare lebron, they compare him to magic( a 6-9 pg) and to Oscar Robertson(a 6-5 pg).just because the guy is a 6-9 mack truck does not mean all he is capable of doing is sf things.he is a point forward.you have a problem with lebron running the point because TECHNICALLY he's a sf, but you call rubio a surefire superstar.smh.

lebron is a facilitator.just look at his team.clearly, they have two or three could be or would be all stars.like l.a. or boston. again, smh.

28 PPG 7 REB 7 AST.

as usual, shit needs to be explained to the know it alls on this site time and time again.

No it dont. The Knicks are a...ssed-out with a losing 20 year President and a one dimensional coach. Look at our ex-G.M. President Ernie Grundfeld on the Washington Wizards with his 19 win season and all the posibilities he have this offseason into making the Wizards reach the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2009-10 season.

ANU....do u know anything about "Jordans" 6 NBA championships? and who was the PG of each of those championship rings?
Jordan & Pippin was the best tandem of Point-Fowards ever in the history of the NBA. And having combo-guards Hodges & Paxon their first 3 championship and combo-guards Steve Kerr & Ron Harper in the next 3 championships was hard to figure out who really was the PG on the Bulls team in each series of the playoffs....the Phil Jackson Triangle vs varies of oponents in series changed in different rounds of the playoffs.

Lebron James has the closet thing to Jordan with combo-guards West & Mo in his rotation this season....signing FA Point-Foward Artest this offseason will guarantee Lebron James a 2009-10 Championship Ring.

Lebron could make Billions hooking up with D.Wade in Miami or Rookie D.Rose in Chicago...

ANU

Starter
No it dont. The Knicks are a...ssed-out with a losing 20 year President and a one dimensional coach. Look at our ex-G.M. President Ernie Grundfeld on the Washington Wizards with his 19 win season and all the posibilities he have this offseason into making the Wizards reach the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2009-10 season.

ANU....do u know anything about "Jordans" 6 NBA championships? and who was the PG of each of those championship rings?
Jordan & Pippin was the best tandem of Point-Fowards ever in the history of the NBA. And having combo-guards Hodges & Paxon their first 3 championship and combo-guards Steve Kerr & Ron Harper in the next 3 championships was hard to figure out who really was the PG on the Bulls team in each series of the playoffs....the Phil Jackson Triangle vs varies of oponents in series changed in different rounds of the playoffs.

Lebron James has the closet thing to Jordan with combo-guards West & Mo in his rotation this season....signing FA Point-Foward Artest this offseason will guarantee Lebron James a 2009-10 Championship Ring.

Lebron could make Billions hooking up with D.Wade in Miami or Rookie D.Rose in Chicago...
MAYBE SO kiyaman, but bringing a chip to new york would be different.he knows that.which is why he can't stop gushing about it(pause for the children) everytime he's here. he counts down the months to his free agency.this franchise has been irrelevant for almost 10 years, and it's still one of the most popular.

considering this coach's offense, wouldn't a longer lineup(pause for the children again) of james fernandez chandler gallinari with a camby, or a wallace, or a tyson chandler be better defensively?

of course,he could easily resign with the cavs.I'm just saying, we shouldn't draft a pg because we need one, when they're might be a couple of players with a higher upside at another position.plenty could be had thru free agency, or late in the draft
(buying a pick). at 8, it's a reach to me.
now if we get a top 2 pick you pick rubio.that's a given.giving up the house for him is foolish.

Last edited:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
it's all moot point. we ain't getting Rubio. we have a better chance landing the obvious better player James anyway, so tbh, i don't care.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Lebron James is good, but he has yet to prove that he has what it takes to win it all. If you look at his playoff numbers, he's a choke artist. Vince Carter was the same, putting up huge regular season numbers, being compared to Jordan, only to choke in the playoffs. So far, he's done well in this first round. However, he has a history of playing well in the first round and then disappearing. Maybe this will be the year that Lebron becomes a playoff player. If he can't, then people need to reconsider the hype that's around him.

As for signing Lebron, the guy has a wife, kids, his family, etc., all in Ohio. People tend to want to remain in their comfort zone. As young as Lebron is, he's basically a family man, with tons of roots in Ohio. Human nature would indicate that, no matter what, he will stay in Ohio, especially if it's his play, as has been the case in the past, that causes Cleveland to get knocked out of the playoffs.

With the knicks blowing our '08 pick on Gallinari, who I really can't believe the Knicks would have drafted, if they had seen him play in person, I have no faith in their ability to draft intelligently. I don't think this draft will be as deep, but I could be wrong. Ty Lawson would be good for us, in my opinion, as well as Derozan.

The bottom line, in my mind, is that, barring some sort of surprise, in the form of drafting an excellent young prospect, whose game translates well into the NBA, as Portland and N.O. did, the Knicks will continue to suck. Guys like Brook Lopez don't practically fall into your lap often. In Lopez, the Knicks could have had a guy that's bound to be a top defensive, and offensive, center as the team's nucleus, with a few veteran scorers to make us competitive. Look at what Yao Ming has done with the Rockets, often with little help. Remember what Pau did, with Mike Miller, Battier, Tsakalidas and Bobby Jackson as his fellow starters, on the Griz? It's not every day that you get a chance like that, which drafting Brook would have given us.

The curse of Ewing continues. Thanks a lot, Van Gundy and Layden.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
To be fair to Lebron, who I'm not a fan of, he faced a tough Spurs defense where it was basically 5 vs 1...his first time in the finals...etc.

I believe Lebron has what it takes, being the most physically gifted athlete in the NBA and talent wise also.

Its just building the right squad.
I'm not convinced by Cleveland yet.

I don't see how Mo Williams is such a reliable second option...he's an okay PG...good scorer/shooter. Lets find out what he's really made of.

ANU, how the **** do we obtain Fernandez and Camby? You're crazy.

Lebron at PG is retarded.
He's a better scorer than passer...let him rock the point forward position.

Kiyaman

Legend
With the luck the Knicks been having after Firing G.M. Ernie Grunfeld (1999) we probably get stuck with the 8th to 10th pick in this draft where their wont be a decent PG left to draft.
The 10 Lottery teams are worst at the PG position than the Knicks.

So the Knicks better get prepared to resign combo-guard Nate and give Session a decent offersheet that the Bucks wont match....but then again the Bucks would match any offer b/c they are not deleting their salary cap for a DREAM...

metrocard

Legend
With the luck the Knicks been having after Firing G.M. Ernie Grunfeld (1999) we probably get stuck with the 8th to 10th pick in this draft where their wont be a decent PG left to draft.
The 10 Lottery teams are worst at the PG position than the Knicks.

So the Knicks better get prepared to resign combo-guard Nate and give Session a decent offersheet that the Bucks wont match....but then again the Bucks would match any offer b/c they are not deleting their salary cap for a DREAM...

Lawson will be available, who will be the 2nd best PG from this draft, almost as good as Ricky.

LeFlume

All Star
Lebron James is good, but he has yet to prove that he has what it takes to win it all. If you look at his playoff numbers, he's a choke artist. Vince Carter was the same, putting up huge regular season numbers, being compared to Jordan, only to choke in the playoffs.

What are you talking about? LeBrons play off numbers is better than his regular season numbers.

Regular : 27.5 ppg - 7.00 reb - 6.7 ass
Playoff : 27.8 ppg - 8.00 reb - 7.3 ass