2022 NBA Draft Thread - Thursday, June 23rd 8PM

Tonight?s the night. Generally a night of false hope and questionable decision making for our franchise.

We have the 11th pick. Not sure who we are likely to take. AJ Griffin? Some reports say we are likely to try to trade out of that spot, either up or down. I bet our front office can?t do either.

Anyway, should be an interesting night to see what other teams do. Definitely one of the weaker drafts I can recall. Smart teams will likely look to trade out of this draft altogether for future draft picks.

Knicks working on a deal with Boston? Trying to trade away Alec Burks using Evan Fournier trade exception? Not sure I get it.

Alec Burks is an expiring 10 million dollar contract for next season. Should be movable to make cap space for this off-season but of course news breaks yesterday that he just had foot surgery. You can?t make this timing up. Only the Knicks.

Listening to NBA radio. One analyst just said Jaden Ivey is best player in this draft. Will anyone trade up to 4 to get him?

Woj reports that Kyrie Irving has given Brooklyn a list of teams that he wants if they are going to sign and trade him. Knicks on that list. Brooklyn would have to help Knicks make salary work.

We can?t possibly be this stupid, right?

Also being reported that Captain Loyalty, Kevin Durant, monitoring his options. I bet he wants to get his ass traded back to GSW.

Kiyaman

Legend
Whatever the Knicks FO do .. they better not trade Quickley & Obi Toppin who happen to be the top two players teams will be asking for in a trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
Word have it .. the Spurs have Murray on the trade table on draft night .. Later for Ivey if we could get Murray's veteran experience in the Knicks back court for Randle or Barrett plus 11 pick & a future first rounder.

Wow. Orlando takes Paolo Banchero at #1 overall.

All the predictions recently were Jabari Smith at #1, including from Woj.

Could be an interesting night of surprises.

Kings take Keegan Murray at #4, which means Jaden Ivey goes to Detroit at #5.

As an aside, this ESPN broadcast is terrible. Is this really the best they can do? They just took turns saying ?this is what it?s all about? 10 times in a row. Nice analysis.

Sharpe to Portland.

G league PG Dyson Daniels to New Orleans.

Jeremy Sochan to San Antonio at 9.

One more pick and then Knicks at 11.

Washington Wizards take guard Johnny Davis at 10.

Knicks end up next at 11. I assume we have nothing interesting planned at this point.

Okay, that?s what I figured. Knicks took Dieng to trade him.

Woj immediately announces after the pick that Ousmane Dieng is on the move to OKC for ?multiple 1st round picks?.

Which ones? Depending on the answer, this could be a very good trade.

Well, one of the 1st round picks the Knicks are getting back from OKC isn?t the 12th pick in this year?s draft because OKC still has it.