Isiah Only Likes Three Players

metrocard

Legend
New York Post -
Despite Monday's defiant remarks that he has no plans to leave the Knick bench, the New York Post is reporting that Isiah Thomas actually vented in a conversation to a friend a day later that he is indeed considering stepping away from coaching to concentrate on the team presidency, according to a source.

In Thomas' conversation with his friend, according to the source, Thomas named only three players whom he likes - David Lee, Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50264/20080112/source_isiah_only_likes_three_players/

Wow, he's so consistent with who he favors.

a GM should have ability to foresee players who can attribute winning and players who can attribute losing; unfortunately Isiah is blind and has Curry's shit nuggets inside in his head instead of a brain.

HAHA, Isiahsexuals RIPPED Larry Brown for ripping our players; but Isiah does the same thing and they don't say shit. Disgusting people. Everything related to Isiah is very disgusting.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Cause Isiah wants money man... being a GM and a coach you probably gettin paid around 5m+.. I am not exactly sure how much Isiaherr makes.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I respect the fact that he's giving David Lee and Nate Robinson the credit they deserve. But why is he giving credit to Jamal Crawford? He's a good scorer, but he has no consistency,no defense, and a low basketball IQ. For those of you that have only recently seen Crawford play, he has a history of attempting twice as many 3's as free throws. He only SLIGHTLY changed his game under Larry Brown.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I respect the fact that he's giving David Lee and Nate Robinson the credit they deserve. But why is he giving credit to Jamal Crawford? He's a good scorer, but he has no consistency,no defense, and a low basketball IQ. For those of you that have only recently seen Crawford play, he has a history of attempting twice as many 3's as free throws. He only SLIGHTLY changed his game under Larry Brown.

Crawford is not a starter and if Isiah cant figure this out then he should not have a job in the NBA, the NCAA, the WNBA, high school, no job at all. Usually coaches bring inconsistent turnover prone one dimensional off the bench but because of Isiahs lack of knowledge Crawford is one of his favorites.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
reason he likes Crawford is because he suckz him off all the time...he got his number 11 because of Isiah!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
reason he likes Crawford is because he suckz him off all the time...he got his number 11 because of Isiah!
Crawford needs to stop sucking up so much. He should know by now that Isiah is two faced. When he first came to New York,he loved Marbury, then he loved Curry,now he loves Crawford.Crawford isn't as safe as he thinks,and Isiah might turn on him and start showing someone else support, and treat him like an outcast.And with his 19ppg average, he isn't safe from being traded either.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Crawford is not a starter and if Isiah cant figure this out then he should not have a job in the NBA, the NCAA, the WNBA, high school, no job at all. Usually coaches bring inconsistent turnover prone one dimensional off the bench but because of Isiahs lack of knowledge Crawford is one of his favorites.
Crawford is a very good scorer so you can't say he isn't a starter. You can look around the league and there are many starting SG that crawford is better than. He certainly lacks defensive awareness and his shots are sometimes questionable, but every game he is the one player that can get us points in a short amount of time. Not many people can guard him one on one and he's an excellent FT shooter.

All I'm saying is that he is a starter in this league and there would be many teams that would consider him an upgrade to their roster.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Crawford is a very good scorer so you can't say he isn't a starter. You can look around the league and there are many starting SG that crawford is better than. He certainly lacks defensive awareness and his shots are sometimes questionable, but every game he is the one player that can get us points in a short amount of time. Not many people can guard him one on one and he's an excellent FT shooter.

All I'm saying is that he is a starter in this league and there would be many teams that would consider him an upgrade to their roster.
Crawford is good enough to start on a team that has defense. But the Knicks have none, so you can't afford to start him, unless you want it to start raining 3's.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Name them.
Here's your list and I dare you to disagree with this group.

Sasha Pavlovic (Cavs)
Quinton Ross (Clips)
Mike Miller (Griz)
Rashad McCants (Wolvs)
Morris Peterson (N.O)
Maurice Evans (ORL)
Ronnie Brewer (Jazz)
Anthony Parker (Tor)

metrocard

Legend
Sasha Pavlovic's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Quinton Ross's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Mike Miller is averaging 16 pgg, 7 rebounds, 4 assist and is shooting 52% and over 40% from 3pt. MUCH better than Jamal.
Rashad McCants, almost the same player, but McCants is younger and a better shooter
Morris Peterson's defense, shooting, and basketball IQ >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense(Why would New Orleans start Crawford next to a Godly PG like Chris Paul? Chris would fuck Crawford up for being such a fool on the court)
Maurice Evans isn't better than Crawford
Ronnie Brewer shoots 53% FG, averages 2 steals a game and 12 points. He's becoming one of the best defenders in the NBA and is only going to get better, only thing Crawford has over is long range shooting and Jamal isn't even that good from the 3pt area.
Anthony Parker is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league and is an excellent defender and a WINNER >>>> Crawford's chucking, softness, no defense, turnovers and losing

nyk_nyk

All Star
Sasha Pavlovic's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Quinton Ross's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Mike Miller is averaging 16 pgg, 7 rebounds, 4 assist and is shooting 52% and over 40% from 3pt. MUCH better than Jamal.
Rashad McCants, almost the same player, but McCants is younger and a better shooter
Morris Peterson's defense, shooting, and basketball IQ >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense(Why would New Orleans start Crawford next to a Godly PG like Chris Paul? Chris would fuck Crawford up for being such a fool on the court)
Maurice Evans isn't better than Crawford
Ronnie Brewer shoots 53% FG, averages 2 steals a game and 12 points. He's becoming one of the best defenders in the NBA and is only going to get better, only thing Crawford has over is long range shooting and Jamal isn't even that good from the 3pt area.
Anthony Parker is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league and is an excellent defender and a WINNER >>>> Crawford's chucking, softness, no defense, turnovers and losing
Your a joke!

So your saying that Pavlovic and Ross are consistent????? Netiher one of them are as quick as Crawford and I dare you to put the ball in one of their hands at the end of a game to create a shot.

Crawford averages 19.1 ppg and 4.5 assts Miller is nowhere near as athletic as Jamal and needs help creating his own shot. Maybe you should watch him play.

JC averages more points and assists than McCants so that means he's better according to your strictly numbers rating right?

Anyway, you keep pointing out players slightly better 3pt % but I guarantee you teams would trade a slightly better shooter for a guy that can create and is more athletic. I'll give you Peterson's defense but he's not going to make the defense struggle to defend him.

Ronnie Brewer and Parker aren't featured as much as JC, so yeah maybe they have a better FG% but that still doesn't eliminate the fact that Crawford can do so much more on the basketball court that they can.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with everyone on your list except Anthony Parker. He played well last year in the playoffs, and he also has played well this year, too.

metrocard

Legend
It really makes no sense. Crawford isn't Carmelo or Kobe; he isn't CLUTCH. Has never made the playoffs and probably will most likely never will with the way he plays. Hitting 4-5 game winners in your career, but missing a 100 doesn't make you "clutch". How many times have Crawford shoot us out of games?

Ross is pretty quick,and Sasha is very athletic; Crawford doesn't even sprint, so his quickness is useless. He plays like a WNBA player. Chucking shots and playing with no contact.

Miller is better than Crawford and always has been. Shooting and rebounding primarily, having a size advantage on most SG. When Miller gets Crawford minutes, they have the same PPG, but Miller shoots a high percentage thus making him better.

Slightly better? Crawford is a TERRIBLE shooter, creating your shot doesn't mean shit if you can't make them. If Crawford went Iverson status 25-30 ppg on a lowFG%, its understandable. But Crawford can only average 17-20 ppg at BEST, under a offense that lets him does anything he wants. Imagine Crawford under a stable offense? He'll struggle to get 13 ppg.

Wrong on your statement.
Featuring Crawford = losing, just because Crawford is featured alot doesn't make him better than Parker and Brewer.

Crawford is a one dimensional chuck machine who's turnover prone, hates contact and hates playing defense. Starting him and give him 40 minutes a game is the fastest and easiest way to start a losing basketball team.

Brewer is MUCH more athletic than Crawford, have you even seen half of the guys on your list play? I doubt you watch the Memphis Grizzlies or Utah Jazz.

Ask yourself, would someone like Jerry Sloan accept Crawford on his team? Crawford would be crucified in the middle of Salt Lake City if he was on the Jazz. Parker starts because he plays defense and is one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA. Defense/3pt shooting >>> Jamal's circus routine.

Stop sucking his nuts, he's not that good. Isiah Thomas is the only guy in the NBA to give Jamal Crawford these kind of minutes. Heres another question I want you to answer; before we obtain Crawford, we made the playoffs. How successful were we when Crawford came here and became featured?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Crawford has hit some amazing shots and brought us some W's. I think he is clutch, but I don't think he should start. Looking back to the beginning of this season, we lost a lot of games due to what some say is Crawford's bad shots selection and non existent defense. But Crawford can't be blamed for all of this. It all points to poor coaching. There isn't a player on the face of God's green earth that if you gave him the rock and told him to do what he wants wouldn't shoot or dunk. This is where coaching comes in. Brown had some major breakthroughs with Crawford. He was the most improved player that year. What happened? Was Larry Brown right?